• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizazedo

True, but a few of us definitely seemed to be pulling enough weight to compensate for one dude who is terrible. And that's supposed to be part of the whole idea of flex, that one shitty dude doesn't necessarily bring down the whole raid.

Hard to really discuss it further without dps meters, sadly. Otherwise we just have our opinions.

Maybe you guys didn't cycle the appropriate DPS through the other-realm?

If anything I find Flex to be ridiculously easy. LFR is tuned weirdly, though - Sha of Pride doesn't even have the tank swap mechanic, for one. Norushen has auto-other realm, etc. But Fallen Protectors still have their rez, Dark Shaman is stupidly hard, so is Nazgrim... It's just... weird.

I was actually annoyed there was no tank swap mechanic for Pride in LFR, but part of me thinks it's because they assumed the rest of the raid wouldn't handle the adds properly so they wanted the other tank to do that part.

And even though we one shot it in my LFR last night, I saw reason to believe if I hadn't Heroic Leaped over, it could've gotten messy in the raid.

Tacitus_

True, but a few of us definitely seemed to be pulling enough weight to compensate for one dude who is terrible. And that's supposed to be part of the whole idea of flex, that one shitty dude doesn't necessarily bring down the whole raid.

Dunno, we've done the fight just fine with mostly alts.

mclem

I think another problem the new LFR's are going to have is that with the spread of ilvl between LFR to Flex to Normal to Heroic, a lot of the Normal raiders who might have used LFR to fill in holes and beef up the raids now simply won't.

Yeah, I've made it clear to my guild that there's absolutely no expectation for them to participate in LFR this patch. Flex is still handy - not only for gear, but also because it's a way we can involve the whole guild, not just the top-level raiders.

I'm thinking LFR might suffer from a tank shortage fairly early on. I'm thinking they might need to make the CTA bag rather more generous than it currently is.

mclem

I was actually annoyed there was no tank swap mechanic for Pride in LFR, but part of me thinks it's because they assumed the rest of the raid wouldn't handle the adds properly so they wanted the other tank to do that part.

In normal we had lots of complaints about the Reflections post-30% basically slaughtering our top AoE DPSer very rapidly until we shuttled the 'free' tank over to help out on the pickups. There's enough time to do that and still manage the tank swaps properly and be back in position for the prisons.

Draxal

Language barrier is really annoying in lfr. Had a furriner spamming DM on Nazgrim when he was attacking nazgrim the entire time and he was wondering why he got kicked.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah, it's certainly possible there were others in the raid who were fucking up mechanics by not focusing adds as much as they should and/or staying 100% corrupted, it was just the one guy was a glaring problem so I don't remember anyone else's fuckups.

I'd love it my old raiding buddies still played. Flex is pretty much perfect for the style of raiding I am currently looking to participate in, but I'm still mostly stuck hoping for the best with OQ. My guild does flex, if at all, late sunday night, which is the exact worse time for me to try to get that in.

Any sort of PUG raiding inevitably kind of turns me into an asshole, because the truth is if everyone was just at least as good as I am everything at this difficulty would be fun and easy, but instead you get people doing like 40k dps in item level 510 gear and it's just like what the fuck are you even doing in a raid?

Language barrier is really annoying in lfr. Had a furriner spamming DM on Nazgrim when he was attacking nazgrim the entire time and he was wondering why he got kicked.

furriner?

Draxal

So... like a foreigner playing a Worgen or Tauren?

Nah, meant a player using either a Spanish or Brazilian client. Didn't know which hence me using that blanket term. Having the raids speaking two or even more languages(if European) is just frustrating for everybody involved as one of the most important components for a raids success is communication. Like I said the hunter didn't even know why he was booted.

Touch

It seems like I am the only one who had an easy ride in the second wing of SoO LFR. The only incounter we wiped on was the Dark Shaman and we wiped at like 3% or something. One shot all the rest.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Nazgrim is hilarious in LFR.

I WAS IN SOO PART 2 FOR 6 HOURS. SIX GODDAMN HOURS!!!

They really need to tone down the content or bump up the 496 ilevel requirement. It's LFR, so the majority of groups have anywhere from 5-10 people coming out of Timeless Isle with one piece of burdened gear, a green weapon (yes you can get away with this, my rogue did), and some pvp pieces that are all ungemmed, unreforged, and uneenchanted--these guys pull 40-50k dps and heal for almost nothing (Nazgrim basically requires a minimum of 75-90k dps MINIMUM out of everyone, yes, in goddamn LFR). Then of course you have 2-3 afkers every fight, and then combine that with the 2-5 brazillians that don't understand english and don't follow the mechanics and you've got a recipe for disaster. I envy the dude that got a perfect group, you really lucked out here.

cdyhybrid

They really need to tone down the content or bump up the 496 ilevel requirement. It's LFR, so the majority of groups have anywhere from 5-10 people coming out of Timeless Isle with one piece of burdened gear, a green weapon (yes you can get away with this, my rogue did), and some pvp pieces that are all ungemmed, unreforged, and uneenchanted--these guys pull 40-50k dps and heal for almost nothing (Nazgrim basically requires a minimum of 75-90k dps MINIMUM out of everyone, yes, in goddamn LFR). Then of course you have 2-3 afkers every fight, and then combine that with the 2-5 brazillians that don't understand english and don't follow the mechanics and you've got a recipe for disaster. I envy the dude that got a perfect group, you really lucked out here.

:lol

So glad I can just PUG Flex instead of doing LFR now.

Touch

So next week I should have my cloak. 11/12 Runestones. Now to prepare for the Wrathion fight that I will, no doubt, wipe to about 5 billion times. I also need to level my Shadow Priest. Glad this legendary stuff is almost over.

Tacitus_

What's that?

Well, you have three tanks, two take the shaman that puts the tankswap debuff (the melee one, I think?) and drag it far away with a healer (or two, if you can run 3 healers). Rest of the raid kills the second shaman since their health is shared. So much less shit to worry about. You don't get the Ashen Wall nor the slime wave so movement is extremely easy.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The final encounter of the game is where we actually team up with Sargeras to cleanse the universe of Titan tyranny forever.

When we finally get around to having a chat with Aman'thul, he's going to ask for 8 berries from bushes that grow around his temple.

Jag

I almost hit the SoO Pt 2 LFR last night but then a voice whispered to me "Are you freaking crazy?"

ZenaxPure

So glad I can just PUG Flex instead of doing LFR now.

Yeah, I have barely touched LFR this patch, flex is just so good. I am not really into using open raid or anything, but, my friend is fine with organizing groups and stuff so he's been setting up flex raids since the patch came out. Last night the one he set up was excellent, we one shot all 8 bosses.

I'm enjoying the instance the so far, think my favorite boss of the first 8 is Galakras. It's not a particularly hard fight, but, I am a sucker for fights where the raid splits up and is focusing on different objectives which it does a pretty good job with.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I pretty much have to use Openraid/OQ because the server my warlock on is just shit for raiding. There's like a couple actual guilds that do progression raiding and that's it, pug attempts are rare and awful. The last time I attempted one, the raid leader got defensive about how he doesn't like using addons or vent, so I dropped that shit before it even got started.

So next week I should have my cloak. 11/12 Runestones. Now to prepare for the Wrathion fight that I will, no doubt, wipe to about 5 billion times. I also need to level my Shadow Priest. Glad this legendary stuff is almost over.

What class are you? The ranged dps one wasn't that hard on my Mage when I realized I could just aoe the clones.

ZenaxPure

I pretty much have to use Openraid/OQ because the server my warlock on is just shit for raiding. There's like a couple actual guilds that do progression raiding and that's it, pug attempts are rare and awful. The last time I attempted one, the raid leader got defensive about how he doesn't like using addons or vent, so I dropped that shit before it even got started.

My friend actually uses open raid, I just tag along. It's pretty much a win for me since I don't have to put any effort into forming the group but I also don't have to compete for a spot.

mileS

The way LFR puts just about every single server in the same que is getting out of hand. I shouldn't have to be dealing with half a raid of people that can't speak english.. on prime time EST... Would be perfectly fine if 90% of these people actually knew how to play in the slightest. Not saying that everyone that doesn't speak english is a bad player, far from it. But thats how it is in my experience.

Has anyone else been getting horrible framerates during raid battles? I'm getting around 70-100 FPS with everything maxed at 1080p outside fights, but as soon as people start doing stuff, the framerate goes to like 9 FPS. I checked the temperature of my CPU and video card with a hardware monitor program and they seem to be normal from what I gather reading from other people on the Internet. I turned down lighting, ambient occlusion, particles, and anti-aliasing and it bumped it up to about 18 FPS. I don't play often (I haven't played in a few months), but it wasn't like this last time I raided. It was the same computer too. I have a Radeon HD 6950 2GB, Core i7 3770, 16 GB of RAM, and a recent model HDD, so it's not like I'm trying to run this on some old piece of shit either.

Slayerx

Has anyone else been getting horrible framerates during raid battles? I'm getting around 70-100 FPS with everything maxed at 1080p outside fights, but as soon as people start doing stuff, the framerate goes to like 9 FPS. I checked the temperature of my CPU and video card with a hardware monitor program and they seem to be normal from what I gather reading from other people on the Internet. I turned down lighting, ambient occlusion, particles, and anti-aliasing and it bumped it up to about 18 FPS. I don't play often (I haven't played in a few months), but it wasn't like this last time I raided. It was the same computer too. I have a Radeon HD 6950 2GB, Core i7 3770, 16 GB of RAM, and a recent model HDD, so it's not like I'm trying to run this on some old piece of shit either.
I had similar issues, played wow on ultra before but everything dropped to literally 1fps during raid fight. Was one of my addons, glance was acting up and taking something ridiculous like 7gb memory? At least that's what it said. Try disabling all your addons and deleting wtf/catche folders.

I had similar issues, played wow on ultra before but everything dropped to literally 1fps during raid fight. Was one of my addons, glance was acting up and taking something ridiculous like 7gb memory? At least that's what it said. Try disabling all your addons and deleting wtf/catche folders.

Already tried all that.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Grrr have used about 60k coins on Kukuru's chests and haven't gotten a single Burden of Eternity.

They nerfed it into oblivion on week 1

You would be surprised how much Recount fucks with your framerate when the combat log has a ton of entries.

As a Feral Druid I sometimes got Rake ticking for 250k. That was last tier.

:(

/jelly

Seriously, I wish I had a big dot or something I could use to bump up my deeps a little bit. It depends on the fight and the circumstances, but I've gone from #1 to #1-4 DPS in my guild, and that sucks! I want my crown back!

Angry Grimace

Finally got the Legendary Meta, at least. Now onto to soul-crushing Runestone farming.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I got the cloth 559 shoulders from Ordos... and what do i get with my Warforged Seal? The same fucking shoulders.

Gotta love RNG.

Rokam

Oh how I wish people rolling on gear they can't or shouldn't use was a reportable offense. Warrior in heirlooms rolling need on every drop ask him to stop... nope! Friend is the tank so just keeps pulling keeping us in combat, healer lost 2 items to him.

Ultratech

Did Wing 1+2 on my Hunter last night on my weekly Flex group.

Things went pretty smoothly for the most part as far as most things went.
One-shotted most fights, and it never took more than two on anything else.

RNG was being a bitch though, so I only got Boots and Tier Chest. :|
(Roll Protection my ass...I'm gonna be super pissed if things end up like the last two Tiers where I don't get a weapon upgrade until towards the end of it.)

Hilariously enough, my DK has gotten the Great Brewfest Kodo TWICE in a row now (yesterday and today).

Why does thou taunt me so, RNG?

mileS

I'm having terrible luck finding any groups who want to do Nalak now... Can't wait to get that meta though!

I just did this earlier in the week. I was waiting by him to see if a group would come. Anyways a guy that was waiting as well told me you don't actually need to kill him. You just need to survive long enough and kill the add after you throw the spear. If you can't tank., 1 tank, 1 healer, and you is plenty. after you kill the add, run away. Quest done.

Did Wing 1+2 on my Hunter last night on my weekly Flex group.

Things went pretty smoothly for the most part as far as most things went.
One-shotted most fights, and it never took more than two on anything else.

RNG was being a bitch though, so I only got Boots and Tier Chest. :|
(Roll Protection my ass...I'm gonna be super pissed if things end up like the last two Tiers where I don't get a weapon upgrade until towards the end of it.)

Hilariously enough, my DK has gotten the Great Brewfest Kodo TWICE in a row now (yesterday and today).

Why does thou taunt me so, RNG?

You're seriously complaining about winning Tier chest and boots... 2 weeks in flex and I haven't got a thing... + im using coins

Ultratech

You're seriously complaining about winning Tier chest and boots... 2 weeks in flex and I haven't got a thing... + im using coins

I'd rather have a weapon upgrade honestly.
Last two tiers have pretty much burned me on weapons badly, and it'd be a very significant upgrade over what I have now.

Besides, like 80% of the coins I've used so far have yielded nothing but gold.

*taking forever to pull boss*

[01:16:37] [Shadecasterr-Moo]: tanks just stand there
[01:16:44] [Røsetta-Sto]: are both the tanks fucking like non english speakers?
[01:17:02] [Mylifebelike-Ble]: EL TACO CHARGEO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom