• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

The way LFR puts just about every single server in the same que is getting out of hand. I shouldn't have to be dealing with half a raid of people that can't speak english.. on prime time EST... Would be perfectly fine if 90% of these people actually knew how to play in the slightest. Not saying that everyone that doesn't speak english is a bad player, far from it. But thats how it is in my experience.

zQZKuSm.jpg

They should just learn to speak goddamn English!

Hah, you'd love the EU realms.

Acidote

I can speak English and I won't do it on LFR. I would speak in my language if there's other people there speaking it or shut up if there isn't. It's not like LFR requires any kind of coordination and I once paid my good money to migrate from a vanilla launch server to one of my language and I'm not gonna change the way I behave because Blizzard decided to mix the servers like a melting pot.

I don't want to melt, I migrated because I was fucking tired of the "SPEAK ENGLISH", "HABLA ESPAÑOL", "PARLARE ITALIANO" everyone was spitting here and there. There's no mixing, just people arguing.

I just did this earlier in the week. I was waiting by him to see if a group would come. Anyways a guy that was waiting as well told me you don't actually need to kill him. You just need to survive long enough and kill the add after you throw the spear. If you can't tank., 1 tank, 1 healer, and you is plenty. after you kill the add, run away. Quest done.

Worked perfectly :D

Thanks!

Neki

Recount managed to crash 90% of our raid once during one of our heroic attempts in heroic MSV (like a year ago). Ever since then, I've used Skada.

Tacitus_

I can speak English and I won't do it on LFR. I would speak in my language if there's other people there speaking it or shut up if there isn't. It's not like LFR requires any kind of coordination and I once paid my good money to migrate from a vanilla launch server to one of my language and I'm not gonna change the way I behave because Blizzard decided to mix the servers like a melting pot.

I don't want to melt, I migrated because I was fucking tired of the "SPEAK ENGLISH", "HABLA ESPAÑOL", "PARLARE ITALIANO" everyone was spitting here and there. There's no mixing, just people arguing.

Hey, I'm only judging if you don't know the boss mechanics and keep dying horribly and/or wiping the raid. I don't speak in LFR either if it's chugging along normally.

sqwarlock

Finished my orange/purple paladin transmog tonight. Note: I know that the enchant I have on my sword is useless for prot, but it goes so well with the transmog that I had to use it for the pictures at the very least. I really don't want to replace it with the boring blue of colossus :(

Draxal

Last 2 bosses of SoO2 actually do require coordination (aka don't lust as soon as fight starts in Dark Shamans and DON"T ATTACK NAZGRIM in defensive stance) and it always happens in LFR.

strafer

Finished my orange/purple paladin transmog tonight. Note: I know that the enchant I have on my sword is useless for prot, but it goes so well with the transmog that I had to use it for the pictures at the very least. I really don't want to replace it with the boring blue of colossus :(

Stupid Stormwind gets darker nights. It's not fair.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
As much as I think the Legendary quest was a good idea, I have to say that I think the first step with the +500 stat gems was a pretty bad idea because as a result of it, I passed on a bunch of weapons in ToT because they couldn't compete with +500 agility. Not a huge deal since Rogues dual wield, but still weird I'm using Spiritsever even into SOO.

TimeKillr

So we finally downed Norushen last night (we used a different strat than what we usually do and it worked wonders).

Followed that by 2-shotting Sha of Pride (how fucking easy is that fight, it's so dumb) and now we're at Galakras.

We thought of cheesing it using the cannon trick but we didn't even manage to kill the 2nd mini-boss before he wiped everyone. :(

Hopefully we'll do good tonight. I got 2 pieces last night - a helm and my chest token, so I'l happy. 541 ilvl right now, and only going up!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Hoping to get into a wing 2 Flex tonight. Signed up for an openraid, but if that doesn't pan out OQ might. I need that fucking helm off Galakras because this tier warlock armor has like the best helm graphic of all time.

Bizazedo

So we finally downed Norushen last night (we used a different strat than what we usually do and it worked wonders).

Followed that by 2-shotting Sha of Pride (how fucking easy is that fight, it's so dumb) and now we're at Galakras.

We thought of cheesing it using the cannon trick but we didn't even manage to kill the 2nd mini-boss before he wiped everyone. :(

Hopefully we'll do good tonight. I got 2 pieces last night - a helm and my chest token, so I'l happy. 541 ilvl right now, and only going up!

Cannon trick?

Got my new PvP shoulders last night, have chest and shoulders. No more PvP gear for two weeks unless the Celestials drop something, then the weapon. Yesssss.....

kirblar

As much as I think the Legendary quest was a good idea, I have to say that I think the first step with the +500 stat gems was a pretty bad idea because as a result of it, I passed on a bunch of weapons in ToT because they couldn't compete with +500 agility. Not a huge deal since Rogues dual wield, but still weird I'm using Spiritsever even into SOO.
I got my gem....and replaced it literally the next day with a ToT weapon. Caster definitely didn't have that problem.

TimeKillr

Cannon trick?

Got my new PvP shoulders last night, have chest and shoulders. No more PvP gear for two weeks unless the Celestials drop something, then the weapon. Yesssss.....

Essentialy, the cannon trick is that when both towers are cleared, you send 2 ranged dps and most likely the tank on the right tower, get the tank in the cannon and chain stun Galakras while it's in the air. The 2 dps burn down Galakras while it's in the air while being stunned while the rest of the raid stays down, dealing with adds as they come. They'll come infinitely, and since there's no enrage timer before you get Galakras down, you can do this for a long time.

Once it's life is around 20% or 30%, you bring it down. It's life doesn't reset when it comes down, so it comes to burn phase where the boss has like 20% health, making it stupidly simple.

The only real issue is that the adds never stop coming while you're burning the boss down, but it's really not that hard to deal with if you have good healers who, at this point, basically have unlimited mana. So if you can kill the adds with 3 DPS + a tank then you're golden! You can even send your weaker ranged DPS up there because it's essentially a rotation burn on the boss, which is always easy, and you can take all the time in the world.

Nobody knows if it's going to get fixed or not, but hey, if you can do it now... It's not like it's a big exploit.

Tacitus_

[23:02:19] Garrosh Hellscream yells: The True Horde WILL come to pass. I have SEEN it. IT HAS SHOWN ME. I HAVE SEEN MOUNTAINS OF SKULLS AND RIVERS OF BLOOD. AND I WILL...HAVE...MY...WORLD!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE

3 % wipe ;_;

So I don't really collect mounts or anything, but I happened to be riding by Huolon after doing my kill 20 elites daily as the mob was descending upon him and lobbed a few incinerates his way cause hey more coins!

Not that I'll even use it -_- It looks cool but I hate the way they animate when they fly.

cdyhybrid

So I don't really collect mounts or anything, but I happened to be riding by Huolon after doing my kill 20 elites daily as the mob was descending upon him and lobbed a few incinerates his way cause hey more coins!

Not that I'll even use it -_- It looks cool but I hate the way they animate when they fly.

I hate you.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I really want the Sha-version, but the odds of that every happening must be like zero.

What would have been way more awesome is if the mount was exactly like Tsulong - it has the Heavenly Onxy form at nighttime and Heavenly Golden form during the day.

CassSept

You guys weren't kidding about SoO LFR wing 2. Jesus. 3.5 hours. 5 stacks on Galakras including a raid split up (we remained with a friend because hell, it would be a new group anyway and we'd start with 2 stacks so requeueing was redundant). All of them because idiots pulled him constantly with only on tank zoned in (there should be a yell made by NPC confirming who pulled, RL authorization, whatever, because it is absolute hell). Juggernaut was better, but still ugh. Shaman were a mess, but they are overnuked with enough stacks unlike Galakras. Nazgrim went surprisingly smooth. With so much warnings in this thread I expected much worse but we got him on the second attempt (though me with my aforementioned thread were the ones that dealt with shaman, despite being melee). All in all, terrible experience.

On the other hand, loot Gods are upon me. So far 5.4 is shaping up to be 3.2 2.0. I always, always had an absolutely terrible luck with drops except for ToC. Well lo and behold, 4 years later and bosses are dropping abnormally huge numbers of loot. I got T16 gloves within half an hour of logging in, neck from Immerseus on first week of flex and this week on LFR out of eight bosses I got FIVE drops (which I think is more than I usually got in a month of LFRing) including shining new dagger from Nazgrim. Sweet. Oh and I got head from Ordos. I'm not complaining but wow, when it rains it pours. Either a complete drought or a deluge of drops.

Angry Grimace

You guys weren't kidding about SoO LFR wing 2. Jesus. 3.5 hours. 5 stacks on Galakras including a raid split up (we remained with a friend because hell, it would be a new group anyway and we'd start with 2 stacks so requeueing was redundant). All of them because idiots pulled him constantly with only on tank zoned in (there should be a yell made by NPC confirming who pulled, RL authorization, whatever, because it is absolute hell). Juggernaut was better, but still ugh. Shaman were a mess, but they are overnuked with enough stacks unlike Galakras. Nazgrim went surprisingly smooth. With so much warnings in this thread I expected much worse but we got him on the second attempt (though me with my aforementioned thread were the ones that dealt with shaman, despite being melee). All in all, terrible experience.

On the other hand, loot Gods are upon me. So far 5.4 is shaping up to be 3.2 2.0. I always, always had an absolutely terrible luck with drops except for ToC. Well lo and behold, 4 years later and bosses are dropping abnormally huge numbers of loot. I got T16 gloves within half an hour of logging in, neck from Immerseus on first week of flex and this week on LFR out of eight bosses I got FIVE drops (which I think is more than I usually got in a month of LFRing) including shining new dagger from Nazgrim. Sweet. Oh and I got head from Ordos. I'm not complaining but wow, when it rains it pours. Either a complete drought or a deluge of drops.

In all honesty, you have to be more aggressive with vote-kicks once you get to 3 or 4 stacks on anything.

CassSept

In all honesty, you have to be more aggressive with vote-kicks once you get to 3 or 4 stacks on anything.

Oh believe me, vote kicks were flying left and right. We reached about 7 successful ones throughout the whole Dark Shaman ordeal including 4 tanks

...yeah, I'm not touching Gates of Retribution LFR on my tank alt any soon

Edit: Still, Galakras tunnel vision is something completely else. We had a ten-minute-wipe because the waves are far too weak to kill anyone and idiots just pummeled them on for all eternity

mclem

Essentialy, the cannon trick is that when both towers are cleared, you send 2 ranged dps and most likely the tank on the right tower, get the tank in the cannon and chain stun Galakras while it's in the air. The 2 dps burn down Galakras while it's in the air while being stunned while the rest of the raid stays down, dealing with adds as they come. They'll come infinitely, and since there's no enrage timer before you get Galakras down, you can do this for a long time.

Once it's life is around 20% or 30%, you bring it down. It's life doesn't reset when it comes down, so it comes to burn phase where the boss has like 20% health, making it stupidly simple.

The only real issue is that the adds never stop coming while you're burning the boss down, but it's really not that hard to deal with if you have good healers who, at this point, basically have unlimited mana. So if you can kill the adds with 3 DPS + a tank then you're golden! You can even send your weaker ranged DPS up there because it's essentially a rotation burn on the boss, which is always easy, and you can take all the time in the world.

Nobody knows if it's going to get fixed or not, but hey, if you can do it now... It's not like it's a big exploit.

I was under the impression that the boss was the easy part in that fight, and the process of clearing the adds was the challenge.

TimeKillr

I was under the impression that the boss was the easy part in that fight, and the process of clearing the adds was the challenge.

My feeling is that the adds really aren't that bad outside of the 2nd mini boss. The rest get nuked VERY fast.

The problem when Galakras comes down is that people have to REALLY know when to move, and nuke it asap. It's easier, but still not as easy as burning down adds that do nothing, imo.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Another flex sha kill with a coin, another sadface noloot.

At least he gave me a runestone

Angry Grimace

Another flex sha kill with a coin, another sadface noloot.

At least he gave me a runestone

I used a coin on Norushen LFR hoping for the dagger and I got an Agility based dress (my rogue is a female nelf too so it was sort of hilarious).

Then I got a Tier chest off of Sha of Pride :lol

Ultratech

I used a coin on Norushen LFR hoping for the dagger and I got an Agility based dress (my rogue is a female nelf too so it was sort of hilarious).

Heh, reminds me of when I did Flex last week and our Bear tank won that.

His first response: "Why did I just win a dress?"

Blizz likes to troll my DK with gloves. In the same week during 5.2 I got gloves from Oondasta, T15 gloves from Nalak, and T15 gloves from council LFR. Last week I got T16 gloves from celestials and gloves from someone (can't remember who) from SoO LFR.

Angry Grimace

The biggest problem with LFR wipes is that people don't stop fighting even when its a wipe but you can technically keep the tanks up.

This morning went well, I was able to click the Neverending Spritewood crystal on the Timeless Island. While I was fighting the Mean Sprites, only one Scary Sprite spawned. But......it dropped the Dandelion Frolicker pet! Checked the AH and they go for over 40K so I put it up.

I get a message later in the day from this nice guy that wanted to trade me his level 25 Frolicker AND a Level 1 Ruby Droplet since my Frolicker had the speed stats that he wanted. And the Ruby one goes for over 8K or 10K. So I quickly took mine down and did the good deed. Just awesome

Now if only Houlon would drop that damn mount for me

Ultratech

Decided to try out SoO LFR Wing 2...

So I got dumped into the Dark Shaman fight. (yay...*slits writs*)
Took us 2 attempts but we got it. (Barely made it on that 2nd attempt.)

Then we do Nazgrim...that took 3 attempts.
We had him to 3% on the 2nd attempt, but there were too many axes and adds flying around.
The 3rd attempt went really well and hardly anyone died.

I am a bit surprised they they didn't significantly nerf those fights a bit.
Or at least compared to what they've done in the past.

Touch

So I went into SoO1 on my Frost DK ... and forgot my loot spec was on Blood ...the whole time

I finally noticed on sha of pride and changed it. got tier chest. life

Angry Grimace

SOO Week 1 - Agility Robe, Tier Chest, 2 Secrets of the Empire
SOO Week 2 - 528 Gloves, Norushen's Shortblade (!), 2 Titan Runestones

Let's keep this train rolling, crappy LFR.

If I can get 3 Runestones a week, it will only be what, a 4 week soulcrushing grind!

CassSept

Ah yes, there is some hilarious +agi loot in SoO. I got that dress yesterday too and was baffled at what just happened. There is also that weird voodoo-like headpiece from Immerseus.

I can somehow understand shining/bright armor (except for T12, that took it too far), but a very stealthy rogue stealthing around in stealth-dress? Woah.

Angry Grimace

Luck already running out. Tried to make a 535 necklace and got the one with nothing but haste. I vendored it.

I don't care what Blizzard says, an item that has 75% of the stats of every other item of that level sucks unless the EP of the stat you get is something so high that blizzard would rebalance the class if it got that way (e.g. when haste was king in ToT and they nerfed RPPM items). They're never practically good.

daedalius

[23:02:19] Garrosh Hellscream yells: The True Horde WILL come to pass. I have SEEN it. IT HAS SHOWN ME. I HAVE SEEN MOUNTAINS OF SKULLS AND RIVERS OF BLOOD. AND I WILL...HAVE...MY...WORLD!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE

3 % wipe ;_;

Did not expect to see Khorne in WoW.

Garrosh doesn't get a chain-axe does he?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom