• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luck already running out. Tried to make a 535 necklace and got the one with nothing but haste. I vendored it.

I don't care what Blizzard says, an item that has 75% of the stats of every other item of that level sucks unless the EP of the stat you get is something so high that blizzard would rebalance the class if it got that way (e.g. when haste was king in ToT and they nerfed RPPM items). They're never practically good.

Took 5 burdens for me to get something crap. Just got a 6th today and tried it on a chest again. Still not great for my fire Mage (haste/mastery compared to my 530 crit/haste chest) but should be better for me when upgraded. First one I tried to make was only mastery.

mclem

The biggest problem with LFR wipes is that people don't stop fighting even when its a wipe but you can technically keep the tanks up.

There was a glorious wipe last night on Norushen normal. It was apparent that the wipe was on, I called people into the test realm to survive, and kept tanking the amalgam... and then realised I wasn't actually taking that much damage. To the extent that I survived until someone came out of the test realm. At which point I reasoned that it's worth *someone* surviving, and dived into the test realm myself, saving myself and relegating the healer who'd escaped from the test realm to death.

We were coming up to a break, so I could justify the timewasting a little. Besides, it was good practice :)

mclem

I've been reasonably fortunate with drops from Flex (and other personal loot content, like Ordos); I've had five items drop for me. Barring the tier chest, though, they've had one notable thing in common:

I am drowning in hit. Prior to getting my tier chest, I was stuck on 10.74%. Fortunately the chest replaced one that had hit on it, so I've lost a couple of percentage points as a result of that, but I still feel like I have loads.

I'm hoping that this might be a deliberate itemisation plan, where the first half of the instance goes heavy on hit while the second half has more tailored stats, meaning that late-boss drops might still be upgrades over early-bodd drops.

Mechanics are hard, yo.

(Potentially add not gemming/enchanting among other stupid, stupid things.)

Or the even more assuring message: "This player cannot be kicked for another 4 hours."

WHY?

Is this also a problem of people coming back and being on a dead server and not knowing how cross realm stuff works though? I mean if you come back to playing after a long time and find a dead server it's not like this stuff is up front on how it works.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just realized I got 4 runestones from 6 bosses this week (including lei shen.) If that luck holds, I'll actually finish this week once I finish all the LFR I haven't done yet. Not expecting it to, but it would be nice. At least next week is pretty much a guarantee. Can't wait to be done and never set foot in ToT again. Not that it's a bad raid, but burnout is burnout.

zulfate

Dont get mad at me but is there a final fantasy 14 controller mod or something? I really dig the controller support in that game and would love it in wow

Tacitus_

Seeing as how the first warcraft was a pitch to games workshop for a warhammer license, I'd think it's probably a tongue in cheek reference to warhammer.

Eh, maybe, maybe not. Rivers of blood and mountains of skulls is pretty generic grimdark. I've just been on a 40k binge lately (painting minis during our raid breaks even) so that's the first thing that popped to my head.

I just realized I got 4 runestones from 6 bosses this week (including lei shen.) If that luck holds, I'll actually finish this week once I finish all the LFR I haven't done yet. Not expecting it to, but it would be nice. At least next week is pretty much a guarantee. Can't wait to be done and never set foot in ToT again. Not that it's a bad raid, but burnout is burnout.

I thought that once... but then I leveled my hunter. BUT NO MORE. Just 9 more Runestones. Sorry rogue, you're never going to see 90 this expansion, /pat

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I was starting to think the drop rate had gotten higher in SOO than I remember in TOT. The numbers seem to bear this out too - MMOC is showing its 25% vs. 15% in LFR (and 25% in Flex also)

Ultratech

I was starting to think the drop rate had gotten higher in SOO than I remember in TOT. The numbers seem to bear this out too - MMOC is showing its 25% vs. 15% in LFR (and 25% in Flex also)

Interesting if true.

Did some LFR on my Hunter this morning and got boots (unneeded) and the Crossbow (yay).

Then I made the mistake doing part 2...think I'll avoid that for a while.

Also used a Burden of Eternity of some shoulders...got only Haste on them. (lol @ the Impatient suffix). Still a considerable upgrade over my 502 shoulders at least.

Draxal

Anecdotal evidence support from me as well. Gotten 6 pieces off 12 kills(six coins).

Prodigal

Banned
Any recommendations for the optimal hunter spec for dungeon grinding from level 40 onwards? People seem to be saying BM for end game but I'm far from that point at the moment.

Ramirez

Sorry to shit up the thread with a sell offer, but I figured someone might have a friend looking to get into the game or something. I have a sealed copy of Mists for sale, asking $20 shipped.

Ultratech

Any recommendations for the optimal hunter spec for dungeon grinding from level 40 onwards? People seem to be saying BM for end game but I'm far from that point at the moment.

My opinion?

BM or Survival.

But it really doesn't matter too much either way, just play what you enjoy best.

Decided to try tanking the second part of SoO LFR. What the fuck at the damage. I was getting fucking destroyed by trash and second boss. I'm 530 ilvl and was getting 3 shot by trash. Decided to leave during trash between second and third boss since we had no where near the dps for Nazgrim.

Tacitus_

Decided to try tanking the second part of SoO LFR. What the fuck at the damage. I was getting fucking destroyed by trash and second boss. I'm 530 ilvl and was getting 3 shot by trash. Decided to leave during trash between second and third boss since we had no where near the dps for Nazgrim.

If you were getting destroyed by the 2nd boss, you either tried tanking with the debuff on or had shit for healers.

ampere

Yeah even with a small pool of data that's a pretty big difference so it's plausible that they made personal loot in the raids 25% now.

Good change, hopefully people don't go too long without getting items this tier. Never feels good to do multiple runs with no loot.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man, rng is weird. I got 4 runestones from the first 6 bosses this week, then 0 from the remaining 8

Jag

My opinion?

BM or Survival.

But it really doesn't matter too much either way, just play what you enjoy best.

Pretty much this. At lower levels it doesn't really matter your spec. Pick the ones with the buttons that are most fun to push.

Westlo

Man I'm not going to even bother with LFR Wing 2 anymore this week, feels like a massive waste of time, spent about 3 hours in 2 different runs to get 2 kills.... luckily I got the axe off Nazgrim for my warrior to upgrade her ToT LFR weapon, than got a slightly better plate dps shoulder than the one I got from the first wing last week.

I'll just run wing 1 on my 3 characters, probably get them done quicker than 1 full run of wing 2 lol.

Draxal

Man I'm not going to even bother with LFR Wing 2 anymore this week, feels like a massive waste of time, spent about 3 hours in 2 different runs to get 2 kills.... luckily I got the axe off Nazgrim for my warrior to upgrade her ToT LFR weapon, than got a slightly better plate dps shoulder than the one I got from the first wing last week.

I'll just run wing 1 on my 3 characters, probably get them done quicker than 1 full run of wing 2 lol.

They're going to nerf Naz and maybe Dark Shamans.

Fjordson

Woo, got my gloves off of General Naz in flex. Hunter two-piece bonus this tier is pretty damn nice (arcane shot casts reduce Rapid Fire's cooldown by 8 seconds).

I got lucky, some guy was a part of LFR that wiped on Galkaras twice and everybody left and 24 of us joined his LFR.

Ended up with a beast DK tank with 1.2 million hp, pally tank at 800k hp and 3 excellent healers.

1 shot everything up to Nazgrim who was 2-shot.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is there a way to "gift" a character transfer? I would like to transfer one of my girlfriend toon to my server, but she thinks its too expensive, but i wouldnt mind paying for her.

Tacitus_

Wew, finally. The FINAL RP OF THEM ALL (pt 1, there's a bunch of stuff that can't be copy pasted and need cropping from screenshots)

[21:46:19] Garrosh Hellscream yells: No... It cannot end...like this...What I... What I have seen...

[21:52:11] Lorewalker Cho says: My my - this is all that remains of the terrible being that haunted Pandaria all these years.
[21:52:20] Lorewalker Cho says: Whatever darkness it once exuded is silent at last.
[21:52:26] Lorewalker Cho says: Come with me, hero. Let us return to the Vale. There is someone I think who would be particularly interested in this turn of events, if we can get his attention.

[21:57:59] Lorewalker Cho says: Dear Emperor. It is done. The darkness that you once struggled against has been purged from Pandaria - forever.
[21:58:07] Lorewalker Cho says: But the cost... such a terrible cost.
[21:58:13] Emperor Shaohao says: Do not despair the damage that was done here.
[21:58:19] Emperor Shaohao says: You triumphed over the darkness I had locked away.
[21:58:25] Emperor Shaohao says: You have shown Pandaria the power of a true hero.
[21:58:32] Emperor Shaohao says: But the question still remains... why do we fight?
[21:58:38] Emperor Shaohao says: I trust you have learned: To fight out of fear or anger is to fight a war that never ends.
[21:58:49] Emperor Shaohao says: Face your fears. Calm your hatreds.
[21:58:54] Emperor Shaohao says: Find peace within yourself, so that you may share it with the world around you.
[21:59:03] Emperor Shaohao says: These are the greatest treasures in life.
[21:59:07] Emperor Shaohao says: Surely they... are worth fighting for.
[21:59:15] Lorewalker Cho says: Thank you... emperor. Thank you

Tacitus_

:lol
Wrathion is pissed

[22:43:17] Wrathion says: You were there! Is it true then? What happened in Orgrimmar?
[22:43:24] Wrathion says: That fool king!!
[22:43:28] Wrathion says: I did everything in my power. The whole world was his, he needed only seize it!
[22:43:36] Wrathion says: Oh sure, another year of fighting. Enormous casualties trying to take Thunder Bluff. But the rest of the Horde would've caved, eventually.
[22:43:46] Wrathion says: TONG! DRINK! NOW!
[22:43:47] [90:Zaraxiliana] has come online.
[22:43:50] Wrathion says: What? Yes, I was backing the Alliance.
22:43:54] Wrathion says: I thought Hellscream's victory was assured before he turned half of his Horde against him. So I changed my allegiance.
[22:44:03] Wrathion says: Oh, don't look so surprised! I'm a black dragon. My loyalties are my own.
[22:44:09] Wrathion says: But that idiot, IDIOT Wrynn! "High King" indeed!
[22:44:14] Wrathion says: Why did he allow another warchief? He could've united the world under the Alliance banner. What a fool I was to trust his ambition!
[22:44:24] Wrathion says: Should've taken over the throne room myself. Like Auntie Onyxia. Get things DONE.
[22:44:32] Tong the Fixer says: Enough!!
[22:44:35] Wrathion says: Uhh... wha?
[22:44:37] Tong the Fixer says: Talk! Talk! Talk!
[22:44:41] Tong the Fixer says: Always you speak. Never do you listen! You ignore the lessons of Pandaria!
[22:44:49] Tong the Fixer says: You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light.
[22:45:06] Tong the Fixer says: When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved the homeland of our ancient enemy, the mantid. Why did he do this?
[22:45:19] Tong the Fixer says: He did so to keep the land whole. Living with the mantid for ten thousand years has made us both STRONG.
[22:45:29] Tong the Fixer says: So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another.
[22:45:44] Tong the Fixer says: You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?
[22:45:53] Wrathion says: ...you ...you're just a WAITER!
[22:45:59] Wrathion says: I promise you this: I will stop at nothing to prepare this world for the battle to come.
[22:46:07] Wrathion says: Next time, I will leave nothing to chance.
[22:46:15] Wrathion says: NOTHING!
[22:46:25] Tong the Fixer says: ...He destroyed my inn. He left no tip. He is not nice.

"Auntie Onyxia" :lol

Anyone here play on Burning Blade US? I recently resubbed and found out that my old Guild is a graveyard. It sucks because I'm exhaulted with em and everything, but I can always grind rep. I'm just trying to find an active guild of people that I can play with again, WoW is boring when playing it alone hah.

mclem

Oh, please let Wrathion remain a mostly-benevolent Machiavellian schemer rather than ever becoming evil, he's ridiculously likable.

Think we'll get through another reset without Garrosh dying in heroic (other than the Asian kill)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom