• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we'll get through another reset without Garrosh dying in heroic (other than the Asian kill)?

Yep. The only reason 10man Heroic is down now is because of the 25man gear the Asian guild had.

Heroic 25 man Garrosh will probably last at least a month. Or Blizzard better hope so.

Anyone here play on Burning Blade US? I recently resubbed and found out that my old Guild is a graveyard. It sucks because I'm exhaulted with em and everything, but I can always grind rep. I'm just trying to find an active guild of people that I can play with again, WoW is boring when playing it alone hah.

Heck you think it's bad on your server, I went back a few weeks ago and there was literally only two pages of items on the alliance AH.
chromaggus.... I know :(

Fjordson

Wow, finally managed to tame Skoll. After all these years. He's been by far the hardest for me for some reason. There's always 2-3 other hunters watching his spots.

There was an 88 Troll hunter AFK way up in the sky over where I found him. Felt kinda bad, but I had to! Been trying to tame him for such a long time.

Ultratech

Wow, finally managed to tame Skoll. After all these years. He's been by far the hardest for me for some reason. There's always 2-3 other hunters watching his spots.

There was an 88 Troll hunter AFK way up in the sky over where I found him. Felt kinda bad, but I had to! Been trying to tame him for such a long time.

Nice!

I think ever since I got mine, I've never seen another one in Storm Peaks.

Westlo

My Warrior's run with weapons in LFR continues to be pretty damn good this expansion, got the 2h axe of nazgrim earlier this week and than just got the 2h sword off sha of pride. thank fuck item upgrades are so much cheaper now...

Guess I'll try some Flex raids via oqueue next week

oldnick

Banned
I was bored sunday, I resubbed,

played wow on and off for 3 years and never tried warlock

so I made one, level 21 now, pretty cool and fun so far

still not really sure if I should level my 86 Spriest to 90 or continue the warlock <_< they are so similar... hard choice man !

mclem

Yep. The only reason 10man Heroic is down now is because of the 25man gear the Asian guild had.
Yeah, that's why I deliberately kept that separate; they're in a whole different race.

Heroic 25 man Garrosh will probably last at least a month. Or Blizzard better hope so.

Deathwing only took three weeks, AIUI. And that was largely due to Spine. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it simply makes it into a third.

Boogdud

Boy, the queue times su-diddly-uck with the addition of flex raid. Sat in the queue for over an hour, got in a group, Tanks had unenchanted/ungemmed 496, wiped on Galakras, one tank blames the healers and bails. Other tank bails after waiting for the slot to fill for 10 minutes. 45 minutes later two tanks join up and we kill the first two bosses wipe on shaman, repeat.

LFR should not be taking 3-5 hours to complete a wing, it's awful. Kinda sad because this was the one thing that kinda had me interested in resubbing. Pvp is pretty abysmal right now, I don't know enough people in game anymore and don't want to feel obligated for flex. LFR was one thing I could log in and have a bit of fun, get a bit of reward and get out. But now, in my old crotchety ex-raider state, I just don't have the time or patience for it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

still not really sure if I should level my 86 Spriest to 90 or continue the warlock <_< they are so similar... hard choice man !

Warlock is the best class! And honestly they don't play anything like spriest. Maybe affliction because they both have a channeled spell as the primary nuke, but that's about it.

Tacitus_

Spriests are just wannabe warlocks. We are superior in every way.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Boy, the queue times su-diddly-uck with the addition of flex raid. Sat in the queue for over an hour, got in a group, Tanks had unenchanted/ungemmed 496, wiped on Galakras, one tank blames the healers and bails. Other tank bails after waiting for the slot to fill for 10 minutes. 45 minutes later two tanks join up and we kill the first two bosses wipe on shaman, repeat.

LFR should not be taking 3-5 hours to complete a wing, it's awful. Kinda sad because this was the one thing that kinda had me interested in resubbing. Pvp is pretty abysmal right now, I don't know enough people in game anymore and don't want to feel obligated for flex. LFR was one thing I could log in and have a bit of fun, get a bit of reward and get out. But now, in my old crotchety ex-raider state, I just don't have the time or patience for it.

I haven't even started LFR SoO wing 2 with all those stories similar to that. I'm waiting to see those nerfs i've heard about to go live before i step foot in there. Until then... i'll get my loot from the Celestials, Ordos and LFR SoO wing 1.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Sinestra or someone else?

I'm pretty sure Wrathion is only Deathwing's "Son" insofar as every black dragon is considered a "child" of Deathwing. His only known offspring were Nefarian and Onyxia; it's actually a lore point that Sinestra is the only dragon that can successfully mate with Deathwing without dying. Wrathion's biological mother is that dragon from the Badlands quest, but as he is essentially the purified essence of what a black dragon is supposed to be, he's sort of Deathwing's heir by default.

Ultratech

I haven't even started LFR SoO wing 2 with all those stories similar to that. I'm waiting to see those nerfs i've heard about to go live before i step foot in there. Until then... i'll get my loot from the Celestials, Ordos and LFR SoO wing 1.

Yeah, it's really bad right now.

Wing 1 isn't too bad, but Wing 2 needs some serious tweaks or nobody's ever gonna wanna do it.

I'm pretty sure Wrathion is only Deathwing's "Son" insofar as every black dragon is considered a "child" of Deathwing. His only known offspring were Nefarian and Onyxia; it's actually a lore point that Sinestra is the only dragon that can successfully mate with Deathwing without dying. Wrathion's biological mother is that dragon from the Badlands quest, but as he is essentially the purified essence of what a black dragon is supposed to be, he's sort of Deathwing's heir by default.

Assuming that's correct, then Wrathion's mother is likely Nyxondra.
(Which leads to all sorts of messed up stuff given that Nyxondra was captured by the Red Dragonflight and forced to lay eggs which were then experimented on by Rheastrasza.)

Tacitus_

A guildie of mine has gone through it multiple times on his alts. One of the rounds took close to five hours according to him after the entire raid except for him left after a wipe and it took an hour to fill up again.
I told him that he must be a masochist or something and he just laughed and said he just enjoys raiding so much that he doesn't mind. :lol

Yeah, it's really bad right now.

Wing 1 isn't too bad, but Wing 2 needs some serious tweaks or nobody's ever gonna wanna do it.

Wing 2 will improve with player experience. Most of the 5 wipes I had to live through was due to poor dps on adds and poor understanding of Nazgrim's rage mechanic. I'd bring down add health a little bit but other than that the fight is fine. I'd change (reduce) Dark Shaman Trash and tune down the frequency of 'shit on the ground' during that encounter before I nerfed Nazgrim even a little bit.

Kraftwerk

Need some general advice;

I just got back after a long break years. I used to tank in BC, WOTLK and tanked a little at the beginning of cata.

I hit 90 last week, and did some heroic grinding to get some gear. I was thinking, should I continue gearing up or is it pointless at this point in time?

I mean, I hear that a new XPAC is coming November? I know nothing is certain, but tha would just be annoying. I really hope there is a 5.6 raid or something before the next XPAC. I just don't want to waste time gearing up. Would rather collect mounts and shit.

Bah!

Anoregon

The problem with Nazgrim is that he essentially has a binary "success or wipe" mechanic when it comes to people attacking him during defensive stance, and that's just not going to work for LFR. I can't imagine a situation in LFR in which there will be 0 dps on him during that part of the fight, because there are always people who just refuse to learn mechanics or play correctly.

I mean, I hear that a new XPAC is coming November? I know nothing is certain, but tha would just be annoying. I really hope there is a 5.6 raid or something before the next XPAC. I just don't want to waste time gearing up. Would rather collect mounts and shit.

No, there is no reason to believe this. We are not getting a new xpac in November. It will be ANNOUNCED in November.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Not the new expansion... just the announcement of the new expansion. BlizzCon is on November 8/9 so it's a 99.99% (repeating of course!) chance of it being announced then.

Tacitus_

I just got back after a long break years. I used to tank in BC, WOTLK and tanked a little at the beginning of cata.

I hit 90 last week, and did some heroic grinding to get some gear. I was thinking, should I continue gearing up or is it pointless at this point in time?

Bah!

Go hit up the Timeless Isle for some chests and get some free gear from there! Like the guys said, there won't be an expansion this year, they just released the final tier of this one.

Bah!

Don't grind Valor Points until you're on that leg of Wrathion's legendary questline or you really need the bonus rep or loot bags.

Timeless Isle will get you 496 in every slot but weapon/offhand/2nd trinket for free if you spend a few hours there following the rares and opening every chest. 10k timeless coins (a day's worth of farming and questing on the isle) will buy you a 476 weapon/offhand. It is far and away the fastest way to gear up and isn't a waste of time if you're catching up from Wrath/early Cata. If you're struggling to stay alive on the Isle because you're still in greens or something you can get some free 450 gear from largely uncamped objects on the ground all over Pandaria and cheapo pvp blues.

I would be extremely skeptical of an expansion coming in November.

Loxley

Bah!

At best we'll get the announcement of the next expansion in November. The actual release itself would be at least a good six months afterwards. Probably in the spring of next year.

You've got plenty of time to gear up and do whatever you want.

Jag

Don't grind Valor Points until you're on that leg of Wrathion's legendary questline or you really need the bonus rep or loot bags.

Timeless Isle will get you 496 in every slot but weapon/offhand/2nd trinket for free if you spend a few hours there following the rares and opening every chest. 10k timeless coins (a day's worth of farming and questing on the isle) will buy you a 476 weapon/offhand. It is far and away the fastest way to gear up and isn't a waste of time if you're catching up from Wrath/early Cata. If you're struggling to stay alive on the Isle because you're still in greens or something you can get some free 450 gear from largely uncamped objects on the ground all over Pandaria and cheapo pvp blues.

I would be extremely skeptical of an expansion coming in November.

Also buffs in the form of consumable and food are laying all over the place in Timeless Isle. They help your survivability tremendously so use them. Many people don't bother with it because they are geared enough, but Blizz put stuff in the environment (like fire resist) to help people out.

Ultratech

Also buffs in the form of consumable and food are laying all over the place in Timeless Isle. They help your survivability tremendously so use them. Many people don't bother with it because they are geared enough, but Blizz put stuff in the environment (like fire resist) to help people out.

Yup. Eating any food gives a 5% buff to all stats (and it's EVERYWHERE).

Many enemies drop stuff that has a chance to jack up your stats, heal, or do extra damage when attacking.

And of course, there's also the statues that when activated, can give you a major bonus (or deal 999k damage in the immediate area minus yourself).

Also something interesting is that a few of the Pandaria rare items also pop back up on the Timeless Isle like the Crystal of Insanity (+500 to all stats; a nice reusable flask on a 15 min cooldown) and Forager's Gloves (increased gathering speed).

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The Crystal of Insanity I got in two consecutive Crystals in that cave on two characters. Was kind of crazy.

New expansion is probably June 2014 at the earliest. Beta will probably start early next year which usually lasts about 6 months. 5.5 won't be out until probably January and then blizz will need a long PTR test outside of the new expansion to get the item squish working right.

Saturday: 14% Failure on Norushen.

Sunday: Norushen and Sha of Fear taken down with few headaches in 10 man.

Chie gets Monk Robes.

I'm not sure if I should be happy that we won, or upset that we couldn't do it in 25.

But the robes look pretty great, so I'm gonna stick with "happy".

Ultratech

That Crystal is a slap in the face to Alchemists. A slap in the face Ghostcrawler!

Well, it doesn't persist through death...

So how much time has to pass before it's official? Isn't the bosses on a "time spent" rating system? Also that Chinese guild that down him in H10m, does that count?

The Asian servers have a different lockout system and have access to higher-level gear in 25-man raids. (Sorta like the Wrath model.)

So it's completely separate.

ZenaxPure

Anyway, going for my last Runestone tomorrow. Yay! Any rogue that have beating Wrathion have any tips?

Yeah, beat the shit out of Wrathion and don't stand in shit. When the adds come pop a defensive cooldown and murder them. With how strong evasion is this patch I'd suggest glyphing it and using that. Then when Wrathion splits just run around spamming FoK.

The fight isn't really that hard (but I wouldn't call it a complete pushover either), it's about on par with the meta gem challenge difficulty-wise. For comparisons sake I'd say it's about on par with rank 6 brawler's guild fights, far easier than anything 7 or above, if you have any experience there.

Gratz! I just got loque'nahak while leveling my hunter in shalazar basin. I wasn't even looking for her. Just questing, tabbing through mobs, then came across her and actually almost killed her until I realized and tamed her haha.

Bizazedo

For a game as great as WoW is / sometimes is, it boggles my mind how they can't just look at their PvP system and not try and fix it / separate it from PvE.

Dimishing returns that reset as quickly as they do is just....why?!

Was just about to give up looking for the Unborn Val'kyr pet after the reset, when I found one! Was the worst quality, but whatever I'll just get a flawless stone.

Sooooooo happy to check that one off my list.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeah, I was hoping to get my last shot at a Runestone with Dark Shaman since the entire LFR group fell apart right before them, but it just wasn't worth it. I'll get the legendary like one week/day/boss slower than normal, whatever.

TimeKillr

So I have an interesting question for you guys.

First, a bit of history: in my raiding group, we have 4 potential healers: a Paladin, a Druid, a Disc Priest and a Shaman.

Typically, our healing team is the Paladin/Druid/Priest combo. They are all 3 very good healers (with the Priest being a bit behind but still potent).

When we 3-heal with those 3 guys, we do good, but often hit walls.

For a while now, we've noticed a very strange trend: if our Druid isn't there and we replace him by our Shaman, we perform noticably better. This would normally make sense if the Shaman was better than the Druid, but he *REALLY* isn't. If anything, our resto Shaman is very middle of the road, while our Druid is very good. (we did test this - if we put our Resto Shaman instead of the Priest, he is outmatched in every aspect by the Pally/Druid).

What *seems* to happen, to me and my co-tank anyway, is that when our Druid isn't there, the DPSers seem to take much greater care in how they play because they know one of the healers is lacking. They take less damage, use their CDs more, etc.

Has anyone else ever experienced something like that? It's the only explanation I can come up with. The Shaman is clearly sucking - he has really good gear, and is constantly being outhealed by the Paladin and the Druid, and not only that, but he's almost always the first one to die on fights, he has trouble keeping up and is generally an okay player. (He used to be elemental but his DPS was horrible, and he figured mooching to the GL that he would like to heal instead worked. He knew he was going to get kicked from the group, as in full ToT gear he was often pulling a wonderful 40k DPS).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom