• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

sqwarlock

Blizzcon goodies announced, and they include this amazing pet:
sirlocPet.jpg

Definitely gotta get a virtual ticket now.

Jag

Was just about to give up looking for the Unborn Val'kyr pet after the reset, when I found one! Was the worst quality, but whatever I'll just get a flawless stone.

Sooooooo happy to check that one off my list.

Yeah, when I finally found one it was poor quality and I stoned it rather than look for a rare one.

That Blizzcon pet is awesome. They may get me again.

Edit: and a movie release date! December 18, 2015.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
YES! Got my last two runestone drops this morning, powered through the rest of the chain and am now the proud owner of my Legendary Cloak :D

Blizzcon goodies announced, and they include this amazing pet:

Definitely gotta get a virtual ticket now.

...Damn it blizz.

You got me this time.

WTF thought you were garenteed to get something from bonus rolls if you keep getting gold. 2 straight weeks I got double gold from both Celestials and Ordos on 3 toons.

RPGCrazied

Ugh, while he does look cool, the murloc pet is getting a tad old. We had what... 4 or 5? I wanted a mount. :( Oh well, Blizzcon is already paid for through virtual ticket, so I guess I'm getting it.

Fjordson

Man, having bad luck with flex this week. I've always been lucky with groups that just fly through it, but today alone I've been in two groups that fell apart before the third boss.

Kraftwerk

So when I can start doing some raids? I hit 90 last week. Im a prot warrior, with 550k HP and a gear lvl of 490. Do I need ilvl of 500+?

Tamanon

Banned
So when I can start doing some raids? I hit 90 last week. Im a prot warrior, with 550k HP and a gear lvl of 490. Do I need ilvl of 500+?

You can LFR now, and can do some normal Vaults and Heart of Fear. Get up to 496 and you can LFR Siege of Orgrimmar. Probably want around 510ish at least before you do Flex though.

RPGCrazied

Timeless Isle has 496 gear you can get, no weapon though. You can waste 20k coins on a 476 one, but might as well raid finder the weapon. You can easily do ToT and start on Siege shortly after.

Touch

So I one shot Wrathion without any buffs at all and pretty shitty gear. I was stressing for no reason. The damn Timeless Isle bosses took the longest time getting groups for each one. BUT ALAS I have got the legendary cloak! WOAH!

Now what...

Entropia

No One Remembers
So I one shot Wrathion without any buffs at all and pretty shitty gear. I was stressing for no reason. The damn Timeless Isle bosses took the longest time getting groups for each one. BUT ALAS I have got the legendary cloak! WOAH!

Now what...

BlizzCon is only a month away! ;D

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Did pinnacle of storms and wing 1 flex today. I'm now at 11/12 runestones. 7 bosses left for RNG to shit in my mouth.

Magnus

Man, I miss this game so much. I was playing so much until the start of Sept (new job) and haven't touched it once since the new patch hit. All that buildup and wait to 5.4, and then, haven't been able to really log on once.

So, a couple weeks later, how is 5.4 all in all?

TheYanger

Man, I miss this game so much. I was playing so much until the start of Sept (new job) and haven't touched it once since the new patch hit. All that buildup and wait to 5.4, and then, haven't been able to really log on once.

Siege is very fun and the isle is neat.

Fjordson

Siege is a great raid I think.

Timeless Isle is interesting, though I haven't spent a ton of time there.

TheYanger

To temper that though, Siege is only fun on flex/normal/heroic. LFR is an absolute clusterfuck. Flex is killing it, it has removed the desire by any decent player I've met to actually run LFR, and LFR without the strong carrier types queuing is absolutely abyssmal. Like 4 hour runs of a single wing of 3 bosses with 20+ total determination stacks kind of terrible. There's a thread, Blizz claims completion rates are ok. They are wrong as fuck. If you're an LFR raider don't come back, if you are ok with hitting up openraid or trade chat to find flex groups, you'll be ok. Flex is a very fun difficulty and totally hits the mark it was aimed at.

ZenaxPure

Yeah, I've done LFR every week this expansion (until I got geared I needed) and have gotten enough enjoyment out of it, but, in this patch I've only done it once and I think that is the only one I am going to do. Flex is just too great for how I want to play the game and I've been able to play with a lot of my friends again (because queing for LFR with people you know just isn't the same).

I've no desire to carry bads through LFR anymore.

Fjordson

Huh, I didn't even think about that, but it makes sense. Haven't touched SoO LFR since the patch because of flex.

Flex is a great addition for me. Nicely balanced between normal and LFR.

Robin64

Flex killing LFR is the saddest thing for me. I "don't raid", but ever since the Deathwing patch I've been able to step in and see things. I'm not the best DPS in the world, but I do move out of the fire and at least try and do the fight the proper way.

And usually there were enough people to get through,even if some of the raiders were as thick as shit.

As for Timeless Isle, a wander around it once was enough. I far preferred the daily quest mixed with story method of content delivery that 5.1 brought us.

So I have an interesting question for you guys.

First, a bit of history: in my raiding group, we have 4 potential healers: a Paladin, a Druid, a Disc Priest and a Shaman.

Typically, our healing team is the Paladin/Druid/Priest combo. They are all 3 very good healers (with the Priest being a bit behind but still potent).

When we 3-heal with those 3 guys, we do good, but often hit walls.

For a while now, we've noticed a very strange trend: if our Druid isn't there and we replace him by our Shaman, we perform noticably better. This would normally make sense if the Shaman was better than the Druid, but he *REALLY* isn't. If anything, our resto Shaman is very middle of the road, while our Druid is very good. (we did test this - if we put our Resto Shaman instead of the Priest, he is outmatched in every aspect by the Pally/Druid).

What *seems* to happen, to me and my co-tank anyway, is that when our Druid isn't there, the DPSers seem to take much greater care in how they play because they know one of the healers is lacking. They take less damage, use their CDs more, etc.

Has anyone else ever experienced something like that? It's the only explanation I can come up with. The Shaman is clearly sucking - he has really good gear, and is constantly being outhealed by the Paladin and the Druid, and not only that, but he's almost always the first one to die on fights, he has trouble keeping up and is generally an okay player. (He used to be elemental but his DPS was horrible, and he figured mooching to the GL that he would like to heal instead worked. He knew he was going to get kicked from the group, as in full ToT gear he was often pulling a wonderful 40k DPS).

Could be that while the Shammy's heals aren't topping the charts he's still getting heals to the people who need them most. A Druid spamming HoTs on people at 80% health will out heal the person keeping that one dude bouncing at 10-20% health alive.

CassSept

Wow, week 2 on LFR wing 2 is such an improved experience. Only one wipe compared to around 15 last week.

I only wish it would be easier to get into decent flex pugs, I have terrible luck with those.

TimeKillr

Could be that while the Shammy's heals aren't topping the charts he's still getting heals to the people who need them most. A Druid spamming HoTs on people at 80% health will out heal the person keeping that one dude bouncing at 10-20% health alive.

That's what we thought too, until we clearly saw that if we replaced our Priest or our Paladin with the Shaman we kept failing at stuff we knew.

So obviously the weak cog is the Shaman, but it's just so strange that we can progress when he's there. It's just... very weird.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
RNG is making me slowly change my main haha. My ret paladin "alt" already got both the T16 gloves and pants from the Celestials and the T16 Raid Finder chest. 3/5 T16 already! That and the 2h sword from Sha of Pride LFR. And i almost got 50k Timeless Coins for the DPS trinket. And my main mage got almost nothing! Only a pair of shoulders from Ordos.

Also, soloing those Yaungols for rep is much much easier with my ret paladin since they don't charge/stun me, unlike my mage. That damn ability of them hurts way too much on top of that, my mage need to eat after almost every combat while my paladin can keep going without any breaks, self heals helps a lot too.

Heroics are even more of a joke than back in WOTLK now with 530+ gear, legendary cape and legendary meta gem. Who needs a tank when the elites have even less health than elites on Timeless Isle and you're doing over 400k DPS in AOE?

Westlo

RNG is making me slowly change my main haha.

Yep, that's happening for me as well, like my true main is my mage but my warrior was always my second. Right now though my mage is only ilevel 500, whereas my Warrior is ilevel 519, has the two tier 553 drops from the celestial bosses (one upgraded to max, the other as soon as possible), has the tier chest from sha of pride lfr, has two 2h weapons (axe off nazgrim, sword of sha) both upgraded, got both lfr plate shoulders for dps and I bought her the 553 belt from blacksmithing for 30k (sold about 35k in gems tonight so no biggie)

I think my warrior is like 1k valor behind in the 3k valor test (maybe mage 1500, and my warrior 500) but with that gear advantage I don't mind. So yeah I'll probably go all in on this character for the legendary shit.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Four bosses down this week, two Secrets of the Empire. Batting .500, not bad! Just six more to go.

The Secrets can be pretty generous at times - I got all of them in three weeks, and that was without SOO being fully open. I think I got 11 in the last week alone.

God, I've been playing the MoP trial and now I'm at a crossroads. My trial is about up, but I need to upgrade to MoP and buy game time...which would come out to be like $55 bucks. It seems a little ridiculous that MoP is still 39.99 for a digital upgrade. I guess I'll just wait until it goes on sale randomly or something.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
To temper that though, Siege is only fun on flex/normal/heroic. LFR is an absolute clusterfuck. Flex is killing it, it has removed the desire by any decent player I've met to actually run LFR, and LFR without the strong carrier types queuing is absolutely abyssmal. Like 4 hour runs of a single wing of 3 bosses with 20+ total determination stacks kind of terrible. There's a thread, Blizz claims completion rates are ok. They are wrong as fuck. If you're an LFR raider don't come back, if you are ok with hitting up openraid or trade chat to find flex groups, you'll be ok. Flex is a very fun difficulty and totally hits the mark it was aimed at.

It seems the same as every first LFR week to me. Its not as fast as say, Pinnacle of Storms right before the patch (which has barely any trash, so its fast), but I haven't repeated the eight stacks of determination the way others have. The only problem I had was on the second wing where nobody was queuing at all to replace lost tanks and I left.

zulfate

God, I've been playing the MoP trial and now I'm at a crossroads. My trial is about up, but I need to upgrade to MoP and buy game time...which would come out to be like $55 bucks. It seems a little ridiculous that MoP is still 39.99 for a digital upgrade. I guess I'll just wait until it goes on sale randomly or something.

Damn ypu missed out 2 weeks ago it was 20 bucks. Thats when i jumped on lol.

$20 at amazon, probably some other places as well if you're willing to wait a few days to get it. That's what I ended up doing. Seems silly, since I just entered the code and threw everything away, but whatever. Charging what I think are stupid prices for digital stuff is apparently working out pretty well for them so far.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The main bummer for me regarding the flex/lfr situation is that I only have one char with an ilvl high enough to get into OQ/openraid groups. My two 90 alts are both right around 500, so I pretty much have to do SoO lfr to get my ilvl up, and that shit just aint fun.

I've seen some OQ groups using proving ground medals as a requirement, which I think is actually a great idea. It's a totally legit in-game way of someone proving they are reasonably skilled at playing their role and doesn't rely on ilvl. A lot of people seem take issue with it and get angry at the raid leaders though, calling them elitist or whatever, which is definitely a bit of "doth protest too much" if you ask me. If you are so mad about it, go get a gold medal.

Angry Grimace

The main bummer for me regarding the flex/lfr situation is that I only have one char with an ilvl high enough to get into OQ/openraid groups. My two 90 alts are both right around 500, so I pretty much have to do SoO lfr to get my ilvl up, and that shit just aint fun.

I've seen some OQ groups using proving ground medals as a requirement, which I think is actually a great idea. It's a totally legit in-game way of someone proving they are reasonably skilled at playing their role and doesn't rely on ilvl. A lot of people seem take issue with it and get angry at the raid leaders though, calling them elitist or whatever, which is definitely a bit of "doth protest too much" if you ask me. If you are so mad about it, go get a gold medal.
On the plus side, the drop rate in LFR SOO is pretty high, probably for the express purpose of funnelling people into Flex Raid.

Bisnic

Speaking of flex raids... where are players gathering people for them? I spend most of my time on Timeless Isle farming coins or rep, and all i see in general chat is people calling when rares are up. I really don't want to stand afk in the Alliance's Shrine(whatever its name is) or Stormwind waiting for something to show up. It's the biggest reason why i do LFR instead of Flex, because i can do my farming while waiting.

Anoregon

Speaking of flex raids... where are players gathering people for them? I spend most of my time on Timeless Isle farming coins or rep, and all i see in general chat is people calling when rares are up. I really don't want to stand afk in the Alliance's Shrine(whatever its name is) or Stormwind waiting for something to show up. It's the biggest reason why i do LFR instead of Flex, because i can do my farming while waiting.

Trade chat on decent servers, Openraid/OQ for servers like mine.

Tacitus_

Whee, Immersius HC down. Went from a "wtfisthisshit" to "ezpz" in an hour or so. Legendary kill with 3 guys up at the end :D

I've gotten mine out of Openraid. There's loads of groups going early on the reset, just grabbing people from the chat.

scoobs

Whee, Immersius HC down. Went from a "wtfisthisshit" to "ezpz" in an hour or so. Legendary kill with 3 guys up at the end :D

I've gotten mine out of Openraid. There's loads of groups going early on the reset, just grabbing people from the chat.

Killed immersius hc last night too... the first few pulls were anarchy, then we realized how easy it was.

Tacitus_

Yay, Protectors down too in HC. Way easier to learn than Immersius and pretty much our wipes were from overconfident DPS trying to hold on to the Mark of Arrogance for too long.

Also, soloing those Yaungols for rep is much much easier with my ret paladin since they don't charge/stun me, unlike my mage. That damn ability of them hurts way too much on top of that, my mage need to eat after almost every combat while my paladin can keep going without any breaks, self heals helps a lot too.

Just stay close enough and they won't charge. And you should use the glyph that adds healing to evocation/rop. Must have for soloing imo.

Bisnic

Just stay close enough and they won't charge. And you should use the glyph that adds healing to evocation/rop. Must have for soloing imo.

I know about staying close, but if i stay too close, they hit me with their melee attacks and that hurts almost just as bad. And i can't really spam Evocation in the middle of combat. :p Using it like 4-5 times after combat is useful to get back to 100% health, but takes a while...

I think im gonna stick with my original plan to get to exalted with my ret paladin, much less of a pain in the ass.

They're really easy to kite as fire. Use cone of cold to slow them and just basically run around in a circle spamming scorch. Kilnmaster are arguably easier because basically the only way you take damage is if you stand in front of their cone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom