• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultratech

Did Flex Wing 3 last night, so here's my impressions:

-Malkorok: Really a pretty easy fight. It's basically a Patchwerk fight with added stuff (i.e. the frontal arc attacks and the purple shit you gotta stand in).
Took us 3 attempts to get him down, but it wasn't hard at all once you figured out what to do.

-Spoils: This one took a lot of attempts. I think we did it 10 times before finally beating it.
There's just a lot of stuff you gotta pay attention to, and you gotta figure out just how much stuff to open up all at once in order to beat the time limit.
Mogu quads are a pain in the ass though with those damn Urns and their Sparks.
Mantid isn't quite as bad, but if you unleash a ton of stuff, you can end up with a LOT of crap on the floor.

-Thok: Doesn't seem too bad, but we only gave it 3 attempts before bailing out (we spent WAY too much time on Spoils).
His insta-kill during Phase 2 is a pretty big range in front of him. We'll probably try and kill him on Thursday.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Aaaand just went 0/3 on runestones in Halls of Flesh shaping. I know I'm gonna stay 11/12 this week. 4 more bosses in SoO wing 2 but it doesn't matter. The full blizzard troll is in effect because fuck you

Touch

So what is the Ordos drop rate for gear? Just killed him for the first time and of course got gold plus more gold on coin roll.

ampere

To temper that though, Siege is only fun on flex/normal/heroic. LFR is an absolute clusterfuck. Flex is killing it, it has removed the desire by any decent player I've met to actually run LFR, and LFR without the strong carrier types queuing is absolutely abyssmal. Like 4 hour runs of a single wing of 3 bosses with 20+ total determination stacks kind of terrible. There's a thread, Blizz claims completion rates are ok. They are wrong as fuck. If you're an LFR raider don't come back, if you are ok with hitting up openraid or trade chat to find flex groups, you'll be ok. Flex is a very fun difficulty and totally hits the mark it was aimed at.

Agree. Flex was a fantastic addition and it doesn't take away the meaning of guilds/realms which are still needed for normals/heroics.

Determination stacks to 20? Rofl. I think LFR for the next expac will probably have to be tuned differently to account for the players who run it.

So what is the Ordos drop rate for gear? Just killed him for the first time and of course got gold plus more gold on coin roll.

Afaik it's a 15% chance on kill or bonus roll.

If you want my sample, I've gotten the same leather shoulders off him 3 weeks running. So clearly it's 100% if you're an assassination rogue, but he only drops one thing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Agree. Flex was a fantastic addition and it doesn't take away the meaning of guilds/realms which are still needed for normals/heroics.

Determination stacks to 20? Rofl. I think LFR for the next expac will probably have to be tuned differently to account for the players who run it.

Afaik it's a 15% chance on kill or bonus roll.

I don't think he meant 20 stacks on one boss, dude :lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The drop rate is 20% from Ordos and the Celestials, 25% from SOO LFR and Flex.

Draxal

Second wing went just like it did last week in lfr world.

1 shotted Galakaras and Juggernaught 5 wipes on Dark Shamans 2 on Nazgrim.

I think one way one could alleviate the pain is changing how buff stacks for tenacity to 10% instead of 5%.

Artanisix

Been tanking LFR siege with a friend and we've been crushing it with only one or two wipes.

Haven't had much luck finding flex groups though, no one really wants a 514~ tank or dps on oqueue =\. We ran Flex 1 and cleared it easily, couldn't even down Grak on Flex 2 though. #casuals

Angry Grimace

Second wing went just like it did last week in lfr world.

1 shotted Galakaras and Juggernaught 5 wipes on Dark Shamans 2 on Nazgrim.

I think one way one could alleviate the pain is changing how buff stacks for tenacity to 10% instead of 5%.

1 shot Gal, 1 shot Jugg, 1 shot DS, 2 shot Nazgrim.

Don't really see what the fuss is about. I'm in an LFR now - we 1 shot Immerseius and I 1 shot Sha earlier. People just didn't know the mechanics because you know, its the first week.

Been tanking LFR siege with a friend and we've been crushing it with only one or two wipes.

Haven't had much luck finding flex groups though, no one really wants a 514~ tank or dps on oqueue =. We ran Flex 1 and cleared it easily, couldn't even down Grak on Flex 2 though. #casuals

Haven't had too much problems with SoO LFR either, definitely not any worse than some parts of earlier LFR's. The best trick is to do the LFR's as early as possible. I logged on right after 0800 and immediately queued. One shotted all 8 bosses except for a wipe on Nazgrim because a tank dc'd and some ignoramus pulled the big packs, like they always do. Logged on in the evening and did LFR again on my mage and one shot part 2. Of course this doesn't guarantee a successful group, just multiplies your chances of one. Most of the active and intelligent people seem to want to get LFR out of the way as early as possible, while the more casual players and slackers are more willing to wait a few days.

Another tip is to try and take control and call out tactics. Taking a little time before a pull to spam some lines is preferable if it can prevent a wipe or even improve tries to the extent that people realise more mechanics of a fight and/or get motivated to try harder. Again, this is even less of a guarantee for success, as many people just don't care, can't be bothered, or are just bad at the game. Still worth the effort imo.

As for Galakras (I assume that is who you mean by Grak), I would argue that he is the hardest boss out of the first eight by far. Only boss my raid group has struggled with in flex. Aside from 3-4 wipes on Fallen Protectors, every other boss has been one to three shotted.

I am an Assassination Rogue. :p

Then I apologize for taking all the goddamn shoulders

iIibsiUlOpurc.jpg

Angry Grimace

Ouch. After going 2/4 Secrets of the Empire in the first wing of SoO on Flex, I just went 0/4 in the second wing on Normal.

I got 3 Titan Runestones in SOO, then nothing but Lei Shen in ToT =/

Fjordson

I got 3 Titan Runestones in SOO, then nothing but Lei Shen in ToT =/
Damn. RNG takes some sharp turns. Can get you excited, only to bring you crashing back down soon after :lol

Still have 9 ToT bosses and 6 in SoO this week so really hoping I can nab the last 5 Secrets.

Oh, and I will never beat Hexos for the Brawler's Guild. I suck. Those purple lines start flying out and my rotation just completely breaks down because I'm focusing too much on positioning (and that still gets screwed up eventually).

Grrr just hit 90 on my priest and used 3 leg tokens, and each one only had one stat (one spirit, one haste, one mastery). On the bright side he's 5 minutes into 90 and already 491 ilvl.

CassSept

Don't really see what the fuss is about. I'm in an LFR now - we 1 shot Immerseius and I 1 shot Sha earlier. People just didn't know the mechanics because you know, its the first week.

People are simply overreacting, it's always the same with the first week on LFR (maybe with the exception of MSV first wing). It's already far better and it's only gonna get easier. Next week people will be steamrolling wing 2 and wipe the hell out of wing 3 and people on forums everywhere are going to overreact again :p

Rokam

People are simply overreacting, it's always the same with the first week on LFR (maybe with the exception of MSV first wing). It's already far better and it's only gonna get easier. Next week people will be steamrolling wing 2 and wipe the hell out of wing 3 and people on forums everywhere are going to overreact again :p

Eh I think Nazgrim will probably get nerfed somehow, having ways for trolls to easily wipe the raid usually doesn't last long... see Garalon.

TheYanger

I don't think he meant 20 stacks on one boss, dude :lol

Heh yeah it only stacks to 10 or something per boss.

I'm glad they're nerfing them. They need to just get the yardstick set for what LFR is going to fulfill now - real raiders have VASTLY less incentive to LFR on their mains or alts than they used to, since if you're a raider finding a good flex is pretty trivial. I mean, every LFR ever has consisted of plenty of casuals or even bads, and a handful of people gearing alts or trying for a specific drop who would NOTICEABLY carry dps and healing, without that...the tuning needs to go way down.

mclem

We didn't down it - came very close - but from last night's Flex: Spoils of Pandaria is an awesome fight.

Also, two drops off Ordos, plus a Flex item. Nice. Unfortunately not the drop off Ordos I really want (BIS legs other than from Garrosh, and we're some way from him), but I can't grumble.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Still hasn't fixed the queue times. Sat in the stupid thing for over an hour, got tired of waiting and logged out. I think Nazgrim's damage will take a while to un-do, heh.

He just got nerfed, barely anyone know that, so don't expect queue times to change the same day or the day after a hotfix is applied. Give it some time before people realize he got easier and queue again.

Draxal

There's a huge difference between the first 2 bosses and the second 2 bosses. And the quality of players in lfr divebombed after flex happened.

I'm glad they're nerfing them. They need to just get the yardstick set for what LFR is going to fulfill now - real raiders have VASTLY less incentive to LFR on their mains or alts than they used to, since if you're a raider finding a good flex is pretty trivial. I mean, every LFR ever has consisted of plenty of casuals or even bads, and a handful of people gearing alts or trying for a specific drop who would NOTICEABLY carry dps and healing, without that...the tuning needs to go way down.

This is true, but I think it goes without stating that tanks are usually the most hardcore players in the game, and lfr was usually carried by incredibly geared tanks who would go for offspec stuff in lfr. That just doesn't happen in lfr now due to flex.

Angry Grimace

Heh yeah it only stacks to 10 or something per boss.

I did LFR yesterday and there were like 5 people with ~530 in each one and we wiped once on Nazgrim and once on Galakras and one-shot everything else. I think its just first week blues that people are drawing a ton of conclusions from.

My experience with the first week was people kept dying on Nazgrim because the DPS was too low for the LFR-favorite strategy of just killing every single add before putting any DPS on Nazgrim.

There's a huge difference between the first 2 bosses and the second 2 bosses. And the quality of players in lfr divebombed after flex happened.

This is true, but I think it goes without stating that tanks are usually the most hardcore players in the game, and lfr was usually carried by incredibly geared tanks who would go for offspec stuff in lfr. That just doesn't happen in lfr now due to flex.

I think that's anecdotal evidence, to be honest. I think a lot of people assumed the players who knew the fights halfway or at the end of a patch were skilled players, when they were were just casuals who had learned the fights. People used to drop out on Lei Shen all the time, but I haven't seen a Lei Shen wipe in LFR since the first couple weeks after that wing opened.

Boogdud

My anecdotal evidence for lfr for the day. Got in to 2nd wing and killed galakras, after an hour queue and then another hour and fifteen minutes of wiping on him. This is with two tanks in 530+. Ended up with 5 stacks before we downed him. Also had to wait a long time between wipes because people would leave. Pretty typical lfr over the last week and a half for me.

And I didn't get the bow, so eff him.

Angry Grimace

My anecdotal evidence for lfr for the day. Got in to 2nd wing and killed galakras, after an hour queue and then another hour and fifteen minutes of wiping on him. This is with two tanks in 530+. Ended up with 5 stacks before we downed him. Also had to wait a long time between wipes because people would leave. Pretty typical lfr over the last week and a half for me.

And I didn't get the bow, so eff him.

I don't think that's normal though. Some wiping is to be expected, but 5 stacks on Galakras is absurd. If you replace more than 20% of the raid, you need to explain the fight again.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
vrFHHJA.jpg
rArek1A.jpg
LdEpDD1.jpg

GoRuVmi.jpg
Y0tWGxv.jpg

Sylvanas <3

RADYHcu.jpg
xKOGiI7.jpg
PikXFTX.jpg

Nothing from Jaina? I wanted to see her rage in text format. :p
Also, Sylvanas is going to become a raid boss one day, i can see it already. They just have to introduce some new Undead second in command(but less "evil") next expansion or something like that to prepare us for a new Undead leader.

CassSept

I don't think that's normal though. Some wiping is to be expected, but 5 stacks on Galakras is absurd. If you replace more than 20% of the raid, you need to explain the fight again.

The problem with Galakras is that there is no indication of who pulled so one ass can ruin the fight and you can't even kick him because it's impossible to know who. All my wipes on LFR Galakras were because we either a) didn't have a second tank present b) second tank wasn't zoned in. Idiots get tunnel vision and since adds on the ground hit like wussies the wipe can take forever.

Btw,

UnHWRXG.jpg

:D

Tacitus_

Nothing from Jaina? I wanted to see her rage in text format. :p
Also, Sylvanas is going to become a raid boss one day, i can see it already. They just have to introduce some new Undead second in command(but less "evil") next expansion or something like that to prepare us for a new Undead leader.

The rest of the Alliance members only said "I have nothing to say to you" :(

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
SoO wing 2 tonight after work. 4 bosses to get 1 runestone. Lend me your spirit energy, neogaf.

Angry Grimace

SoO wing 2 tonight after work. 4 bosses to get 1 runestone. Lend me your spirit energy, neogaf.

I have 8 in two weeks. I got 3 from SOO this week, one from Lei Shen. Last week I got 2 from ToT and two from SOO. Odds seem good-ish.

Anoregon

I have 8 in two weeks. I got 3 from SOO this week, one from Lei Shen. Last week I got 2 from ToT and two from SOO. Odds seem good-ish.

I got 8 in 2 weeks as well, I'm at 3 this week but I just fully expect to get boned.

Anoregon

SoO wing 2 lfr popped and it was a raid that just killed shamans. we 1 shot naz, no runestone.

time to queue again, fuck you cunt rng

Angry Grimace

SoO wing 2 lfr popped and it was a raid that just killed shamans. we 1 shot naz, no runestone.

time to queue again, fuck you cunt rng

I can already envision the "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK" at your computer later on today :lol

Anoregon

wtf, i just got my 13th runestone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom