• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.
YMMV, I farm the elites in Sanctuary without a problem if the others places are full of players.

Efficient farming for 1/10 classes does not contradict what I said in general about grinding out Shaohao rep. You can also still get trained (inadvertently) by Ordos groups or (maliciously) by cretinous ranged classes pulling elementals in range of your fighting. It's not even efficient to farm the mobs summoned by the scroll of challenge due to the presence of a High Priest and having the entire platform ringed by elementals. The entire design of the ordos regions is meant to test your patience rather than your skill. These mobs need some tweaking to make it less of a torture rack for your repair bills. Make elemental AOE not hit people not on its threat table. Give a tighter reset radius for high priests and elementals. Make high priest ability use slightly less spammy. Increase the visibility of elemental/kilnmaster/high priest ground eruption effects on uneven terrain. The list of pain goes on. :(

sqwarlock

Jesus, waiting for a tank in SoO LFR part 2 for about 40 minutes now. We one-shot Galakras and Iron Jug, and then half the group (including both tanks) left.

EDIT: And right after I bitch, we get a full group again. YAY!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Did my first ordos kill today. No loot, as expected. He sure is a big angry yak man.

Kenai

He's bitter because he's the easiest world boss in the game and he drops really good loot on top of that. High Priests and the Archierus are harder to kill than Ordos.

It's funny too since I see quite a few groups pull him too quick and wipe to him + the nearby mobs. I have a nice safe view way up on the red lake lake waiting for that stupid elemental that won't drop my pet.

Tacitus_

Efficient farming for 1/10 classes does not contradict what I said in general about grinding out Shaohao rep. You can also still get trained (inadvertently) by Ordos groups or (maliciously) by cretinous ranged classes pulling elementals in range of your fighting. It's not even efficient to farm the mobs summoned by the scroll of challenge due to the presence of a High Priest and having the entire platform ringed by elementals. The entire design of the ordos regions is meant to test your patience rather than your skill. These mobs need some tweaking to make it less of a torture rack for your repair bills. Make elemental AOE not hit people not on its threat table. Give a tighter reset radius for high priests and elementals. Make high priest ability use slightly less spammy. Increase the visibility of elemental/kilnmaster/high priest ground eruption effects on uneven terrain. The list of pain goes on. :(

Like I said above, it's more because of my gear. I look around for a Shrine before I start grinding rep and then load up to the gills with the Isle buffs - the stat buff, the damage proc, the food buff and the Crystal pseudo flask. I've bursted down a Kilnmaster in <10 seconds, at that point the pet is there only to point the eruption away from me so I can cast those big Chaos Bolts (personal best on the isle: 1,6M dmg). I kill the non elites at the first camp by gathering maybe 1/3 or 1/4 of the camp and AOEing them down too. Too bad the spawn rates can't support that...

Westlo

The "issue" was that people were poo-poo'ing timeless isle as being "ez mode gearing to 535" compared to the old fashioned way of grinding an H-dungeon. It's not. You're just playing a different slot machine with much worse odds, without having to be in a group.

Why are you comparing h-dungeon to the 535 gear, if they had dungeons in this patch they would be 496 gear.

Timeless isle >>>>>>>> hot period.

I mean its not like ppl bitched about everyone staying in cities in a queue or something for the last few years. Oh here's a hot spot for world PVp the best since that isle in tbc and it has two world bosses and heaps of rares

Nah bring back the dungeons so I can sit in org instead.

Kraftwerk

Tanked LFR full Heart of Fear and Mogu Vaults. having a blast. I know they are very easy, but good someone like me who just came back after two years.

I have to say though, I don't like the disconnect that it creates. nobody knows anybody, you barely talk. Just kill and go. I will definitely try to fid a guild that suits me and join them and start raiding from the next xpac. Really like raiding with friends and just hanging out.

How are Malk and Spoils on flex? 'Bout to join a 3rd wing flex group. Haven't done any of these bosses on any difficulty save for two attempts at Malk on normal.

I think Wing 3 is a big step up in terms of raid coordination.

On Nazgrim or Sha you can get by if most of the raid is coordinated, mistakes like dpsing during def are not always fatal.

Wing 3 requires a lot more coordination. Spoils is the easiest fight, pretty much a dps check.

Finally got Thok down, no loot. Fuck you blizz.

It's funny too since I see quite a few groups pull him too quick and wipe to him + the nearby mobs. I have a nice safe view way up on the red lake lake waiting for that stupid elemental that won't drop my pet.

Best part is after a successful kill about half the people there don't leave with enough urgency. 15 seconds later, Ordos respawns, the doors close and it's a stampede.

iqmDD9JrKpf0T.gif

Ultratech

Sidenote: This thread is unusually dead for a Saturday!

But...it's Saturday!

Anywho, I ran a nice Flex Wing 1 today on my DK (not tanking for once) and got some good crap out of it. Got some shoulders, the cleaving trinket, and the 2H Sword from Sha of Pride.

Not bad for a quick night's work.

Entropia

No One Remembers
But...it's Saturday!

Anywho, I ran a nice Flex Wing 1 today on my DK (not tanking for once) and got some good crap out of it. Got some shoulders, the cleaving trinket, and the 2H Sword from Sha of Pride.

Not bad for a quick night's work.

Grats!

I need to set aside the few hours to do a Flex run sometime. I've only done the first wing like two times total on two alts.

Been pretty lucky on my priest so far. Already 512 ilvl. Got an off hand from LFR Council even though I wasn't there and just got a weapon from the quest that garentees you something for your first heroic scenario.

CassSept

Another Brewfest, no Kodo again. That's 6th year straight. Jesus. I honestly did Brewfest every year since they added Brewfest Kodo in 2008 and it just. Doesn't. Drop. I got THREE rams this year and I have it since it was grindable during the first Brewfest. I'm gonna cry.

ZenaxPure

Another Brewfest, no Kodo again. That's 6th year straight. Jesus. I honestly did Brewfest every year since they added Brewfest Kodo in 2008 and it just. Doesn't. Drop. I got THREE rams this year and I have it since it was grindable during the first Brewfest. I'm gonna cry.

This is my luck with the headless horseman mount. I think given my amount of alts and years total I've probably had at least 100+ chances at the headless mount and never seen it.

I've got kodos coming out the ass though, had like 4 before account-wide mounts and the 1 direbrew I did this year I got one there too.

sqwarlock

I ran that fucking dungeon every day with three characters this year, and I didn't see a single mount drop. Got 4 remotes and 4 tankards, but no mount.

This is my luck with the headless horseman mount. I think given my amount of alts and years total I've probably had at least 100+ chances at the headless mount and never seen it.

I've got kodos coming out the ass though, had like 4 before account-wide mounts and the 1 direbrew I did this year I got one there too.

Same. Never have gotten the headless horseman mount (or the helm on my DK) but got the brewfest mounts years ago.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Same. Never have gotten the headless horseman mount (or the helm on my DK) but got the brewfest mounts years ago.

I have both the brewfest mounts and the Horseman. The Valentine's mount is so absurdly rare, though, I don't expect to ever get it.

I have both the brewfest mounts and the Horseman. The Valentine's mount is so absurdly rare, though, I don't expect to ever get it.

Nobody sells it on your AH? I bought one recently for 11k after waiting for about a month for the price to drop below 10k and never had any luck. Glad I did as suddenly the price jumped up to 25k+ and has been there for several weeks.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nobody sells it on your AH? I bought one recently for 11k after waiting for about a month for the price to drop below 10k and never had any luck. Glad I did as suddenly the price jumped up to 25k+ and has been there for several weeks.

The Love Rocket, not the strider.

I think he means the Big Love Rocket, not the Swift Lovebird or whatever it's called.

I'm in the same boat, another year with no Kodo. On the plus side, got the thundering onyx cloud serpent from what's-his-face on Timeless Isle, Son of Galleon and the old Malygos 25 mount this week (I only recently found out it drops from ten man too for some reason). That's taken me up to 108/110 mounts now.

Edit: That should be 208/210 mounts.

I got it for 3k on the last day of the holiday.

Sure but this is over half a year since the holiday and different servers will have different prices based on economies. I wasn't really all that worried about collecting mounts back in February (in fact I believe I was unsubscribed at that time). But as I've been nearing 200 mounts that was one I knew I could buy that I could either wait until next February or just put in the gold. I have around 90k gold so spending the 11k to buy it really wasn't that big of a problem and just a small setback.

I also bought the Swift Springstrider only a month or two ago. That one was only around 3.5k from what I recall, though. Suppose I just need the Headless Horseman and the Big Love Rocket to be all done with holiday mounts.

I've been playing around an hour a week the past month so I'm not really working on the mount thing right now, though. I still hop on every day or two to check Uldum for the camel mount. Last night I got yet another wrong Camel Figurine and I figure I'm close to 25 wrong ones so far.

Ultratech

Speaking of interesting stuff, I forgot that Brewfest ended today. :|
But I got all the mounts from it now, so no big deal.

Darkmoon Faire's up, and I think that new Wolf boss is supposed to be up finally.

Grats!

I need to set aside the few hours to do a Flex run sometime. I've only done the first wing like two times total on two alts.

Thanks.

I've been trying to do what I can on my Hunter and DK, since they're the only two characters that I seriously try and gear out.

Ever since I got that 2H sword though, my DK's damage has shot through the roof.
Went from doing 200-250k Obliterates to doing 300K+ Obliterates.
Even went and did the old Frozen Halls (Heroic) dungeons today and I was getting consistent 350-400k Obliterates. (And around 200k+ Frost Strikes.)
Stuff was just melting when I hit 'em.

vocab

Back from being banned.
In the mean time my DK is 548 and Monk is 530.

Thoughts about the new LFR: The gear jump is huge. Fresh 90's will be in there with poor ass gear. I saw a group that averaged 50k dps per person. Ive seen 4-5 stacks of determination on every boss in wing two. I healed really well in lfr, but the dps just die to dumb stuff, or the boss hits berserk, and that's it.

Flex is pretty good, and is actually serving its purpose very well. It's what LFR should be. I've done flex every week with my guild who does heroic progression so it was facerollish, but I have pugged part 1 on my healer, and have done wing 3 with a bunch of pugs. It was fine, and as long as people do what there supposed to there should be no problem. I honestly think flex is easier than LFR. If you have at least 520 Ilvl. shoot for some flex. At least wing 1 so you can get some easy gear.

I got to 10/14 normal on my DK. First 4 bosses are pretty much the same. Once you get to Galk and juggernaut you need some pretty solid dps, and healers need to be on top of things. Nazgrim is a dps check. I had to off tank those warshamans in Frost. Those things hit like trucks.

Got both brewfest mounts twice, and got the moon moon pet.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So a buddy invited me to a SoO Wing 2 Flex run for achievements.

For the last one on Nazgrim, we were all dead but Gamon, I ankh'd and did the last like 1Mil damage before Gamon died :3 it was fun.

Angry Grimace

Why is the flight path to Timeless Isle so random? Why doesn't it go through Pearlfin Village (for Alliance)? Am I missing a flight path?

CassSept

Why is the flight path to Timeless Isle so random? Why doesn't it go through Pearlfin Village (for Alliance)? Am I missing a flight path?

The Horde one is pretty stupid too. Googling "Pandaria flight paths" reveals that it apparently is a problem for the entire continent, weird.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
caeddf8s53.png

Gotta get that replaced, but so far no luck in Flexible (did Gates of Retribution yesterday). The helmet shown there is no problem, I have Magdalena's Murderous Crown (two actually) but haven't put it on due to lack of legendary meta gem.

Angry Grimace

You have to farm for wolves, kill enough and he'll spawn.

My real question is how is loot done, is it LFR-like or is it actual drops.

Before you get excited, the Moonfang mount works exactly like the flying brooms. It disappears when Darkmoon Faire ends.

Jag

Got the pet, named him "MoonovermyHammy" quite amused with myself.

Got the pet on my first kill. He's lots of fun if you /dance with him.

Before you get excited, the Moonfang mount works exactly like the flying brooms. It disappears when Darkmoon Faire ends.

Is it instant mounting? Because that is the greatest thing ever. I love jumping off cliffs and drop buffing in mid air with my Druid, but I wish I had insta cast mounts on all my toons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom