• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampere

The Moon Moon pet is awesome, it has a cool shooting star leap it does randomly. Got two and sold one for 10k to a guildy

The mount is lackluster since it's not learnable and only usable during the faire.

mileS

from the recent dev round table

The Timeless Isle is somewhat of a template for endgame world content going forward. There might be some more structure in the future, but the general style of content that avoids pure daily quests worked well.

You happy now people? people as in everyone that bitched about daily quests. I'll admit there was too many but still, taking a swing in the complete other direction is kind of silly.

I will be straight up. This makes me sour because I think the Timeless Isle is trash. When people talk about random events and what not, or compare it to Rift... hilarious. My main problem is the "rare" grinding. First of all, not even close to being rare spawns. Second, If you get unlucky you can manage to miss half of them because they die way too quickly. If they are going to go this route they NEED to increase the health of these.

Don't get me started on the way PvP is handled there either. ugh.. disgusting. I realize I am probably reading too much into this but I have to admit reading that makes me worried for the future.

Draxal

Is huolon up? Anyway I thinked I like IoT better than timeless isle. Timeless isle looks prettier but tot had more interesting stuff (saurok) and kirin/sunreaver rep is superior to shaohao rep.

I only bother to farm huolon and maybe some yaungol but other than that traveling along the isle is too much of a pita.

You happy now people? people as in everyone that bitched about daily quests. I'll admit there was too many but still, taking a swing in the complete other direction is kind of silly.

I will be straight up. This makes me sour because I think the Timeless Isle is trash. When people talk about random events and what not, or compare it to Rift... hilarious. My main problem is the "rare" grinding. First of all, not even close to being rare spawns. Second, If you get unlucky you can manage to miss half of them because they die way too quickly. If they are going to go this route they NEED to increase the health of these.

Don't get me started on the way PvP is handled there either. ugh.. disgusting. I realize I am probably reading too much into this but I have to admit reading that makes me worried for the future.

I don't mind timeless isle much outside of bloody coin farmers (which was a horrible idea). I've always hated dailies so the isle was refreshing to me. They should do a bit of both next time. 4-5 dailies (plus a weekly or two) that give a ton of coins and rep in addition to basically what the isle is now. Remove burdens of eternity, require rep and valor to buy raid qualityish gear, and use coins to buy catch-up gear, novelty items, and crafting mats (to give them some use when someone has everything they need).

Cipherr

Man I looooooove the novelty items on the isle.

The big pet biscuits, the 500 stat buff crystal, the dps buffs that only work on the isle, the diving helm that increases swim speed, the feather that increases mount speed, the Super fast Yak Mount, the hang glider, the drink that turns you to a ghost apparition. Great stuff.

CassSept

I've warmed up a little over the last few weeks to Timeless Isle, but I still dread completing "Going to need a bigger bag". That is one ridiculous achievement. And only worth 10 points when it requires more time than any other achievement in game.

Fjordson

I don't hate Timeless Isle, but I don't really love it either, so that quote doesn't excite me too much.

He does say there will be more structure in the future so hopefully it's at least somewhat removed from Timeless Isle.

I tried the healing proving grounds the other day. Fuck me it's hard. Didn't even make it to wave 10 on endless. It's not enjoyable enough for me for me to actually try and get better at it either. I wish they would give everyone the same stats, instead of simply scaling stats down. The dps one is alright though. Got to wave 27 on my first, and wave 29 on my fourth or fifth. Definitely getting myself that title one of these days.

Timeless Isle is not all bad. There are many great things about it. But I don't want this to be the sole way of delivering content in the future. Feels more at home in a game like GW2. What I'd like to see from Blizzard is more variety. Some dungeon rep, some daily quest rep, some randomish rep grinding, etc. Either as alternatives within the factions, or to set the factions apart.

Man I looooooove the novelty items on the isle.

The big pet biscuits, the 500 stat buff crystal, the dps buffs that only work on the isle, the diving helm that increases swim speed, the feather that increases mount speed, the Super fast Yak Mount, the hang glider, the drink that turns you to a ghost apparition. Great stuff.

Yeah so much awesome stuff. Falling Flame, the weather stones, mount and pets, etc. That's one thing they got right. Now they need to follow up on the name of the achievement of getting all the novelty items, give us a bigger bag. And by bigger bag, I mean a novelty item spell book.

mileS

12/12 Runestones. Feels good.

Tuesday morning groups do not play around in LFR lol. I think every single dps was over 150k. Not like it needs to be, but it was just interesting to what I'm usually used to.

Hope the rest of the questline isn't that bad. I'd like to get it finished off before raiding tonight. Damn you maintenance!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I wish they would up the health on the rares and improve the respawn rates on normal mobs on Timeless Isle. I'm wasting too much time trying to find Yaungols to solo or those cute little elementals in the cave and beach for the companions they drop.

Bizazedo

I've warmed up a little over the last few weeks to Timeless Isle, but I still dread completing "Going to need a bigger bag". That is one ridiculous achievement. And only worth 10 points when it requires more time than any other achievement in game.

It doesn't require the most time of any achievement and it's not required you do it, y'know :).

I'd also argue it's an actual achievement versus many of the "Grats, you can breathe!" style achievements, so unsure why you'd pick on it honestly.

Hearthstone beta came out yesterday to a bunch more people. It's....going to destroy me. Blizzard is going to make so much money.

inter

Hey guys, I've been considering resubscribing but had a question beforehand...

I'm interested in leveling a prot warrior, but currently only have a full set of leather DPS heirlooms. How terrible of a time am I going to have trying to tank dungeons in this set?

Fjordson

Ugh, the Celestial Bosses hate me. Every goddamn week it's nothing but PvP gear.

I even burned a coin this time just because I'm a stubborn idiot and ended up getting a bonus piece of PvP gear :lol

Tacitus_

Hey guys, I've been considering resubscribing but had a question beforehand...

I'm interested in leveling a prot warrior, but currently only have a full set of leather DPS heirlooms. How terrible of a time am I going to have trying to tank dungeons in this set?

I wouldn't suggest it, but you should manage before going to Outland or so, if you don't have a brain dead healer.

Bizazedo

Ugh, the Celestial Bosses hate me. Every goddamn week it's nothing but PvP gear.

I even burned a coin this time just because I'm a stubborn idiot and ended up getting a bonus piece of PvP gear :lol

Ordos and the Celestials have yet to give my main any loot. And I actually *want* the PvP gear if I don't get the PvE gear.

inter

I wouldn't suggest it, but you should manage before going to Outland or so, if you don't have a brain dead healer.
Thanks. I guess I'll try to buy the plate items available through the guild vendor since I don't have the justice points (or whatever the currency is now) for the rest of the set.

Bisnic

Thanks. I guess I'll try to buy the plate items available through the guild vendor since I don't have the justice points (or whatever the currency is now) for the rest of the set.

You get 100(or 120 if you're in a guild with the right lvl) justice points per heroic boss, which means you can buy a full set of heirlooms very quickly, especially with heroics being ridiculously easy and fast nowadays. So if you already have a 90, just spend some time doing heroics.

Boogdud

You happy now people? people as in everyone that bitched about daily quests.

Yes? I didn't really complain about daily quests, but I really don't care for them. I rather like the timeless isle, at least as a fresh 90 it was a lot more convenient to get geared up vs grinding dungeons and doing dailies for a month. Which I think was it's intended purpose.

inter

You get 100(or 120 if you're in a guild with the right lvl) justice points per heroic boss, which means you can buy a full set of heirlooms very quickly, especially with heroics being ridiculously easy and fast nowadays. So if you already have a 90, just spend some time doing heroics.
My only experience with MoP is partially leveling a monk, so I never hit 90 on any of my characters, unfortunately.

Tamanon

Banned
That's alright, Plate legs, head, and tank cloak should be perfectly fine. I'd keep the leather shoulders/chest at least until the 70s, just for the XP bonus. You'll be a little weaker than full loomed tanks, but still overgeared for dungeons and soloing.

I don't mind it. It's like choose your own adventure while you grind out 50 weeky epoch stones. It's a definite improvement over Isle of Thunder and it's leagues ahead of the initial rep grind spread out all over the continent. Something between Timeless Isle and Tol Barad would be perfect for me. Big zone, lots of people everywhere, PVP battles on the hour.

mclem

The only real complaint I have about Timeless Isle is that I'm a tank, and as such, all those 'this mob does no damage unless you get hit by his special ability, which knocks off 80% of your health" enemies *really* don't work well with Vengeance, meaning that it takes an age to whittle down some of the elites.

Bisnic

The only real complaint I have about Timeless Isle is that I'm a tank, and as such, all those 'this mob does no damage unless you get hit by his special ability, which knocks off 80% of your health" enemies *really* don't work well with Vengeance, meaning that it takes an age to whittle down some of the elites.

Don't you have a DPS spec? I mean... I assumed everyone had one now with dual specs...unless, you're one of those with 2 tank specs or something... although its pretty pointless now with the new talent system.

Tacitus_

Random thought of the day: it will be really weird leveling alts after the next expansion hits since they probably won't redo the quests Garrosh appears in. Like the whole Twilight Highlands intro zeppelin ride.

Oh well.

mclem

Don't you have a DPS spec? I mean... I assumed everyone had one now with dual specs...unless, you're one of those with 2 tank specs or something... although its pretty pointless now with the new talent system.

It appears that Blizzard made similar assumptions.

I don't really have a second spec. I've been toying with the idea of putting together a DPS one, I grant you, but that's coupled with no actual skill in that field. Just flailing in the general direction of mobs... probably wouldn't be much better than I do currently. All my skill is tank-based.

It's like the attitude I have with alts: I can't really afford to spend time on alts until I'm satisfied that I'm good enough with my main. And I never am.

Jrmint

Random thought of the day: it will be really weird leveling alts after the next expansion hits since they probably won't redo the quests Garrosh appears in. Like the whole Twilight Highlands intro zeppelin ride.

Oh well.
Yep Nagrand as well.

They always say when asked about things like that, that the leveling content is in another timeline than the live game. So it makes sense in that perspective I think.

Oh well.

The leveling experience is already pretty weird. Start a new character in Azeroth after Deathwing has attacked and the Lich King has been defeated, go to Outland and do that storyline, which is now the earliest chronologically in the game, go to Northrend and defeat the Lich King, go back to the time period you started in and defeat Deathwing, go to Pandaria.

It's pretty messed.

Oh well.

Arthas is still in the introductory quests in the Wrath questing zones. If I'm not mistaken, you can still do the Cata questlines where Thrall abandons his title as Warchief. Going back in time in-game doesn't really bug me on alts, just feels like a fun flashback. I mean, Onyxia's Lair never got closed down :)

Bisnic

Oh well.

If you thought that is going to be weird, i wonder what you think of Outlands quests with good old cry baby Garrosh, Illidan and Kaelthas or Northrend with Arthas being still alive.

Edit : It seems i was beaten.

I don't really have a second spec. I've been toying with the idea of putting together a DPS one, I grant you, but that's coupled with no actual skill in that field. Just flailing in the general direction of mobs... probably wouldn't be much better than I do currently. All my skill is tank-based.

It's like the attitude I have with alts: I can't really afford to spend time on alts until I'm satisfied that I'm good enough with my main. And I never am.

It's not like DPSing is actually... you know... hard. Especially compared to tanking and healing where you don't have to worry about keeping others alive or using your defense and taunting abilities at the right moment. Just press a few buttons in a general order and dont stand in bad stuff.

Bizazedo

It's not like DPSing is actually... you know... hard. Especially compared to tanking and healing where you don't have to worry about keeping others alive or using your defense and taunting abilities at the right moment. Just press a few buttons in a general order and dont stand in bad stuff.

Mclem, volunteer to tank for a rep group. Take the items that drop, make a DPS set, boom, good to go :).

Or get the three buffs, food buff, Xuen or Chi-Ji buff, find a low populated (player) area and mass pull and massacre until you get the timeless pieces.

Pijun, the crabs / elementals north of Horde FP, tigers tigers tigers etc.

Kraftwerk

On the topic at hand I am really good at DPS... But I do not like that. That's why I don't bother with a DPS set anymore. During wotlk I was an arms warrior and I always used to be top five in raids. Good shit, but boring.

I love tanking because if you fuck up, you fuck up! Plus the super sweet que times.

Healing to me seems the hardest. Tried it once and it's simply not for me.

Westlo

What skill?

Battleshout/Charge
Mortal Strike
Overpower
Dragon Roar
Mortal Strike
Colosyus Smash
Slam
Slam
Mortal Strike
Slam

Oh it's dead.

Bisnic

What skill?

Battleshout/Charge
Mortal Strike
Overpower
Dragon Roar
Mortal Strike
Colosyus Smash
Slam
Slam
Mortal Strike
Slam

Oh it's dead.

It's even simplier on my frost mage..

Evocation before combat for 1 min 25% damage buff
Frozen Orb
Frost Bomb
Frostbolt
Use Frostfire Bolt when Brain Freeze is up
Use Ice Lance when Fingers of Frost is up
Go back to Frost Bomb step and repeat until it's dead. Recast Evocation & Frozen Orb if combat last longer than 1 min.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's even simplier on my frost mage..

Evocation before combat for 1 min 25% damage buff
Frozen Orb
Frost Bomb
Frostbolt
Use Frostfire Bolt when Brain Freeze is up
Use Ice Lance when Fingers of Frost is up
Go back to Frost Bomb step and repeat until it's dead. Recast Evocation & Frozen Orb if combat last longer than 1 min.
LV6TaqC.jpg

Tamanon

Banned
You can't be a stickler about timelines in an MMO anyways. You're dealing with a timeline where you kill the bad guy MULTIPLE times, or he kills you multiple times.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You can't be a stickler about timelines in an MMO anyways. You're dealing with a timeline where you kill the bad guy MULTIPLE times, or he kills you multiple times.

Also, Dragons and random non-intelligent monsters carrying random ready-made weapons and armor on their person and enemies that fail to drop their own heads, etc.

Anyone who really CARES what the storyline is knows what the proper sequence is, really.

vilmer_

Can anyone tell me what the item is that changes the weather? We were all standing waiting for Moonfang to spawn and out of nowhere was this loud, long boat horn sound and it started snowing. I must have it! Haven't played regularly since the beginning of Cata so I'm a little out of the loop lol.

ZenaxPure

Can anyone tell me what the item is that changes the weather? We were all standing waiting for Moonfang to spawn and out of nowhere was this loud, long boat horn sound and it started snowing. I must have it! Haven't played regularly since the beginning of Cata so I'm a little out of the loop lol.

Some of the timeless isle rare spawns drop stones that change the weather/time of day. I can't really remember who drops what though since there are a few of them.

Just finished the 3rd wing of SoO LFR. I first got in a group with 3 stacks of determination at Spoils and we killed them by first attempt so I'm not sure how hard they really are. Thok we 2 shot and is easier than any boss in the 2nd wing. Queue'd again to get Malkorok who we 2 shot once we realized to stack during blood rage. Also arguably easier than any boss in 2nd wing.

Jag

Got my Huolon Mount today and the PVP portion of the Legendary. Spent a day getting facerolled by Horde. It's going to a long time before I get this part down.

Blackage

I have no idea why Blizzard made it such a pain to levels alts through Pandaria, no heirlooms, no flying mounts, just a pain in general unless you max out rested and go from there.

Kraftwerk

I have no idea why Blizzard made it such a pain to levels alts through Pandaria, no heirlooms, no flying mounts, just a pain in general unless you max out rested and go from there.

I dunno, I really enjoyed leveling through pandaria. It went by really fast for me.

Fjordson

Got my 20 secrets and Legendary meta gem. On to the Runestones now. Really hate these RNG type quests, but I guess it's understandable considering you're going towards a legendary.

Also, I wish the Eye of the Black Prince thing could be converted somehow to work on Siege of Orgrimmar weapons. Just have it sitting in my bank collecting digital dust because I have a 548 weapon from SoO.

Salamando

There's ilvl 450 weapons that spawn in the Dread Wastes that are bind-on-account and require lvl 86. Archaeology has a few ilvl 463 weapons that are usable at 85. My alts were usually capable of killing stuff quick enough that it was relatively easy.

Cipherr

There's ilvl 450 weapons that spawn in the Dread Wastes that are bind-on-account and require lvl 86. Archaeology has a few ilvl 463 weapons that are usable at 85. My alts were usually capable of killing stuff quick enough that it was relatively easy.

If you have gold, theres a lot of level 85 required BOP high ilvl items in the game too. All blue items, and weapons are craftable from blacksmithing. I think they are all ilvl 450 and require 85.

With all the blue gear BOE's and blacksmithing weapons you can scream through leveling Pandaland super super fast. But if dropping 4k a piece for those blues is gonna break your bank, thats probably not an option. Cool if you are rich though :)

mclem

Mclem, volunteer to tank for a rep group. Take the items that drop, make a DPS set, boom, good to go :).

It's not the gear; I'm a raid MT, and pally DPS gear has lots of crossover with tank gear thanks to the fact that we *really* like haste as tanks. It's more a case of if I do it, wanting to do it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom