• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

Arthas is still in the introductory quests in the Wrath questing zones. If I'm not mistaken, you can still do the Cata questlines where Thrall abandons his title as Warchief. Going back in time in-game doesn't really bug me on alts, just feels like a fun flashback. I mean, Onyxia's Lair never got closed down :)

Yeah, it's not going to bother me, it's just something that popped into my mind in the shower.

Yeah, it's not going to bother me, it's just something that popped into my mind in the shower.

I look at it as that content still is part of the old timeline and not the current timeline. It all got screwed up due to the cata changes though, otherwise that worked pretty well.

The alt was starting from the timeline established in WoW release, to TBC, to WoTLK to Cata to MoP and is now up to date!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Got my 20 secrets and Legendary meta gem. On to the Runestones now. Really hate these RNG type quests, but I guess it's understandable considering you're going towards a legendary.

Also, I wish the Eye of the Black Prince thing could be converted somehow to work on Siege of Orgrimmar weapons. Just have it sitting in my bank collecting digital dust because I have a 548 weapon from SoO.

I'm glad it doesn't. I don't want to spend the money on buying more of 'em :lol

Up to 10 Runestones and I still have Both wings of TOT (incl. Lei Shen) and Wing 2 of SOO up. I have a terrible feeling I'm going to be raging later tonight when I finish everything up with 11 Runestones.

Robin64

What the

dgRhQPL.jpg

Taken from Wowhead

He and his entourage are a nod to database programming.

Charles Quall = C. Quall (SQL)
Deebee = DB (database)
Keysha = SHA(1, 2, etc) key (encryption)
Rowsie = Database rows
Tabula = Database table

Got to love these little touches

I couldn't imagine doing it on LFR... trying to split people up would be a nightmare.

Took 3 pulls in a group where 1/3 of the raiders were in the same guild and competent. It has the Galakras problem where one schmuck can pull early and you end up with 20 people on one side and 5 on the other and end up having to wait 3 minutes to wipe. And then there are the shlubs who dump 3-4 bombs in the middle of the healers.

At least the voice acting during the encounter is hilarious.

Ultratech

Taken from Wowhead

Got to love these little touches

Read about that on Reddit.

But it's pretty accurate.

I'm kinda surprised I remember that stuff from my DB classes.

Took 3 pulls in a group where 1/3 of the raiders were in the same guild and competent. It has the Galakras problem where one schmuck can pull early and you end up with 20 people on one side and 5 on the other and end up having to wait 3 minutes to wipe. And then there are the shlubs who dump 3-4 bombs in the middle of the healers.

At least the voice acting during the encounter is hilarious.

I got dumped into a LFR group last night that had wiped on Spoils 4 times.

Beat it after I got in though, so it wasn't too bad.

Funny enough after that, we ended up one-shotting Thok.

Jag

Just got a Hearthstone beta invite. Perfect time to take a WoW break. Started Secrets today and didn't get one after 5 or 6 bosses. I don't have the patience to grind LFR for them right now.

TheYanger

I couldn't imagine doing it on LFR... trying to split people up would be a nightmare.

Also, I did Flex with Yanger tonight - it was fun times! :D
haha, glad you had fun. We were pretty drunk and those flexes were kind of scrubby.
Er, why are none of my B.Net friends showing up, like, at all. Anyone else having the same issue?
Bnet crashed, I just closed the game and reopened and it worked.

Milennia

Hey Wowgaf, im new to posting, but i would just like to make my presence known =p

I quit wow back in march, i was in a top us guild called Duality, my mains name is Melennia.

A friend is in need of an experienced mage to help finish off the tier ( they are 12/14H in 10m atm) and i was debating on coming back, so ive just been following the game and popping in and out of threads once in a while in the meantime while im taking my break =p

Still love to talk about the game and its past etc.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Got two upgrades in flex while doing all of wing 1 and two achievements for SoO. Puts me at 550 ilvl. :) I really had a string of bad luck for a while. It comes and goes.

I'll go 2-3 weeks with at best 1 drop for an entire raid, and then one week with 1-2 drops every wing. I don't get it.

CassSept

Er, why are none of my B.Net friends showing up, like, at all. Anyone else having the same issue?

I feel like B.Net had been working incredibly wonky recently. I'm repeatedly getting disconnected from it and am unable to use B.Net chat, while I'm playing WoW just fine.

Fjordson

After months and months of running Sethekk Halls every single day I finally got the Raven Mount! Still one of my favourite mounts in game =D

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Sha of pride is the woooorst. Give me my fucking staff already!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I checked my AH for sky golem, it's crazy how the prices fluctuate across servers. You can get them for 30k on some servers, but on mine none are under 150.

Fjordson

I checked my AH for sky golem, it's crazy how the prices fluctuate across servers. You can get them for 30k on some servers, but on mine none are under 150.
Damn, 30k? That's not too bad.

I've seen them going for 60-70k on Sargeras (Alliance) so far.

As far as I know Sargeras is one of the largest US realms for Alliance, so hopefully the market gets flooded a bit and I can eventually afford one :lol

ampere

Hey Wowgaf, im new to posting, but i would just like to make my presence known =p

I quit wow back in march, i was in a top us guild called Duality, my mains name is Melennia.

A friend is in need of an experienced mage to help finish off the tier ( they are 12/14H in 10m atm) and i was debating on coming back, so ive just been following the game and popping in and out of threads once in a while in the meantime while im taking my break =p

Still love to talk about the game and its past etc.

Welcome! We've got a pretty big variety of progression levels here, but everyone loves talking about WoW

After months and months of running Sethekk Halls every single day I finally got the Raven Mount! Still one of my favourite mounts in game =D
Grats. I love that mount as well.

This is the mount that Garrosh heroic should have droped =P. I'd never have it, but then I also wouldn't see dozens of them puttering around outside the Shrine either -_-

Jag

In the 50-55k range on my server which is pretty surprising. I'm just having fun running on it. The side to side flying is a bit much and can get annoying. The 'jump' animation is very cool though.

mclem

So, here's a curious question:

I see lots of people saying that DPS proving grounds are easy. As such, is it *not* safe to assume that someone with Gold in PG can meet the DPS requirements of normal raiding?

I fear our DPSers aren't really pulling their weight, but I'm struggling in that I don't have a clear benchmark to validate that.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Damn, 30k? That's not too bad.

I've seen them going for 60-70k on Sargeras (Alliance) so far.

As far as I know Sargeras is one of the largest US realms for Alliance, so hopefully the market gets flooded a bit and I can eventually afford one :lol

I made two Golems, one on Sargeras(A) and Arthas(H).

Arthas already sold for 120k, Sarg is sitting in my bags and I really don't want to sell it for 50k.

The two servers are negligible in their population difference, it must be engineers or enterprising people are more on Sargeras than Arthas.

Fjordson

I made two Golems, one on Sargeras(A) and Arthas(H).

Arthas already sold for 120k, Sarg is sitting in my bags and I really don't want to sell it for 50k.

The two servers are negligible in their population difference, it must be engineers or enterprising people are more on Sargeras than Arthas.
Wow, 120k is pretty good.

The going rate on Sargeras is definitely lower at the moment. Just logged in a few minutes ago and am seeing one in trade for 57k.

Kraftwerk

I play on Illidan, which is overcrowded as fuck, and everyone is a mega baller. The prices dropped by a lot, and I see dozens and dozens of the golem everywhere.

Slightly off-topic, but it sucks that none of my old guildies play anymore, or I simply cannot find them. I really need to find a server and guild and call it home.

Milennia

I play on Illidan, which is overcrowded as fuck, and everyone is a mega baller. The prices dropped by a lot, and I see dozens and dozens of the golem everywhere.

Slightly off-topic, but it sucks that none of my old guildies play anymore, or I simply cannot find them. I really need to find a server and guild and call it home.

When i was on illidan for a short while trialing for a guild, i remember it taking around 3 weeks to sell any if my big items (mounts etc) due to the fact that one dude always had 4 of every big item in the AH lol

Oh but theres always like 8 tigers for some reason...

Tacitus_

I see lots of people saying that DPS proving grounds are easy. As such, is it *not* safe to assume that someone with Gold in PG can meet the DPS requirements of normal raiding?

I fear our DPSers aren't really pulling their weight, but I'm struggling in that I don't have a clear benchmark to validate that.

It scales down your gear doesn't it? So it wouldn't be a good benchmark for some specs which require a high amount of some stat.

Milennia

It scales, something like that shouldnt be a measurement of dps capabilities.

Your bench mark can be fair log comparisons, look at the average dps of a normal raiding warlock for example and compare it to your own warlock.

Jag

Well DPS has spent the last 7 years soloing NPCs, so the proving grounds aren't much different than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom