• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarazet

Coming back after a break since a couple a weeks before 5.4 launched. Not interested in doing real raiding this time around, so I'm benching the 537 bear and working on my Resto Shaman. So far I've just been spamming dungeons for JP, got the two pieces from the Sunreaver quartermaster without doing those lame solo scenarios again.

Where is the Dominance Offensive quartermaster? I went to Domination Point but didn't find any NPC's there.

Tacitus_

Coming back after a break since a couple a weeks before 5.4 launched. Not interested in doing real raiding this time around, so I'm benching the 537 bear and working on my Resto Shaman. So far I've just been spamming dungeons for JP, got the two pieces from the Sunreaver quartermaster without doing those lame solo scenarios again.

Where is the Dominance Offensive quartermaster? I went to Domination Point but didn't find any NPC's there

You need to do the intro quest Meet The Scout to get the base to pop up.

Fjordson

Oh man, Ahoo'ru is going to haunt my dreams. I can't beat this fucker.

And I love when I have a good run going before one of the angels gets bugged out on the edge of the arena and becomes untargetable. Really fun.

vocab

And I love when I have a good run going before one of the angels gets bugged out on the edge of the arena and becomes untargetable. Really fun.

Must be an alliance bug. Never seen that happened on the horde side.

Got to Garrosh on my mistweaver. Crazy fight, but I couldn't down him.

Killed Thok yesterday on my DK in a partial pug after 10-15 wipes.

Bonus rolled trinket.

duane.gif

Kraftwerk

Got my 100 mount achievement today. Probably behind a lot of people here, but oh well. I think the next mount I want is the Kite String from getting exalted with all the Pandarean factions.

scoobs

Got my 100 mount achievement today. Probably behind a lot of people here, but oh well. I think the next mount I want is the Kite String from getting exalted with all the Pandarean factions.

Got my 200 mount achievement a few weeks ago, keep on keepin' on... 1 mount at a time!

mclem

Interesting. I wonder what he is a VP of exactly.

VP of Kevin Butler Impersonation.

Finally got Galakras. Amusingly, it came about in part due to poor attendance, in that we were forced to run with two healers today in place of our usual three. The extra DPSer - plus someone having an inspired idea about positioning in P2 - did the trick, and we're past the boss that's been blocking us for a few weeks.

Juggernaut was going okay, but we absolutely needed a third healer for that one.

ZenaxPure

Ahoo'ru is without a doubt my least my favorite boss. I had more fun in the 200ish attempts it took me to kill Disruptron in 5.2 when he was buggy as shit (which I assume they probably still haven't fixed) than I ever had fighting Ahoo'ru. None of his mechanics are that bad on their own, but, combined they make for a fight that is far more annoying than fun.

Fjordson

None of his mechanics are that bad on their own, but, combined they make for a fight that is far more annoying than fun.
Very true.

I don't know what exactly is going on. I've been playing this game for nine years and yet I think this one fight has me more stumped than anything else I've come across in the game.

I know that sounds hyperbolic, but I seemingly have no shot at this guy.

Tacitus_

VP of Kevin Butler Impersonation.

Finally got Galakras. Amusingly, it came about in part due to poor attendance, in that we were forced to run with two healers today in place of our usual three. The extra DPSer - plus someone having an inspired idea about positioning in P2 - did the trick, and we're past the boss that's been blocking us for a few weeks.

Juggernaut was going okay, but we absolutely needed a third healer for that one

What part of the fight makes you think like that?

Acidote

Man, HM Dark Shamans are giving us a HARD time. Our rangeds can't make it and end up dying quite soon. I don't see them falling tonight, but maybe we can make a good progress on them.

mclem

What part of the fight makes you think like that?

The fact that the healers couldn't keep up with the quantity of damage going out, largely. The fact that my cotank seemed to have terrifyingly low health from time to time while I was running off doing mine duty. And, to be fair, the fact that we seem to be coming in well under the enrage timer.

I have to admit, I do wonder if my (warrior) cotank does something fundamentally incorrect, because he does seem rather more fragile than me, despite being better-geared (And I *know* I make mistakes, but I generally get away with them!). I also - conversely - have nagging doubts about the healing practices used, but I'm unfamiliar with both the warrior tanking role and all healing roles that I'm not in a position to make a call on it either way.

RPGCrazied

Ugh. Don't you hate it when you are transmogging for a character, and your on another character in the same dungeon, and the item you want for transmogging drops? Really sucks.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
When is the WoW anniversary?

Tacitus_

The fact that the healers couldn't keep up with the quantity of damage going out, largely. The fact that my cotank seemed to have terrifyingly low health from time to time while I was running off doing mine duty. And, to be fair, the fact that we seem to be coming in well under the enrage timer.

I have to admit, I do wonder if my (warrior) cotank does something fundamentally incorrect, because he does seem rather more fragile than me, despite being better-geared (And I *know* I make mistakes, but I generally get away with them!). I also - conversely - have nagging doubts about the healing practices used, but I'm unfamiliar with both the warrior tanking role and all healing roles that I'm not in a position to make a call on it either way.

If they can't keep up, it could be a gear issue (where 3 healers would help) or it could be a L2P issue. The only thing that really comes to mind for the warrior tank is if he's using Shield Barrier for the fire damage (IIRC the big cone is fire dmg) and otherwise keeping Block up as much as he can.

Bizazedo

If they can't keep up, it could be a gear issue (where 3 healers would help) or it could be a L2P issue. The only thing that really comes to mind for the warrior tank is if he's using Shield Barrier for the fire damage (IIRC the big cone is fire dmg) and otherwise keeping Block up as much as he can.

Yeah. We call that guy One Shot Robot.

Avoiding the ground spikes on the ground is also a big deal for the tank. If he's just standing in them, it'll add up quick.

Warrior tank is amazing for mine duty, though.

Tacitus_

Yeah. We call that guy One Shot Robot.

Avoiding the ground spikes on the ground is also a big deal for the tank. If he's just standing in them, it'll add up quick.

Warrior tank is amazing for mine duty, though

Yup, our Paladin tank is so jelly about warriors and druids on that fight. He can barely make all the mines while you can zip all three mines on a warrior in a couple seconds :D

mclem

Yup, our Paladin tank is so jelly about warriors and druids on that fight. He can barely make all the mines while you can zip all three mines on a warrior in a couple seconds :D

Yeah, I'm a Paladin, and we're pretty much resigned to me only being able to guarantee two. I think I've managed the third once thus far.

That said, there was talk about asking the warrior to slow down because he wasn't getting healed up enough between mines, which seems counter to all the talk about bouncing from mine to mine in no time at all. Again, this makes me wonder if he's doing something wrong.

If it's any use, http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-egikhb4yzioo1vah/ are yesterday's numbers. Attempts 1-6 are two-healed, the last two were three-healed (and then said cotank's ISP was DDOSed, which put paid to our stuff for the rest of the night)

Loxley

How come no one ever told me that Monks were so damn fun? I created one a couple days ago and cannot stop playing it; I went from level 13 to 37 yesterday o_O

I really like the whole Zen Pilgrimage idea, it's a neat little touch.

Boogdud

Tigole is Vice President of Blizzard now? Damn.

Wow, that's scary as hell. It's been nice with him off and working on Titan, but with that reset/shelved I'm hoping he doesn't come back to focusing on wow. Or say hello to more asinine raids and grinding your ass off for gear. I realize you can't really place all that on one person, but back in the day he was pretty much the anti-casual at wowville.

edit: I may be confusing him with someone else, but I'm pretty sure he was one the lead that was a big everquester and brought as much of eq as possible into wow. Including raiders being rock stars and everyone else being second class citizens.

Loxley

Wow, that's scary as hell. It's been nice with him off and working on Titan, but with that reset/shelved I'm hoping he doesn't come back to focusing on wow. Or say hello to more asinine raids and grinding your ass off for gear. I realize you can't really place all that on one person, but back in the day he was pretty much the anti-casual at wowville.

edit: I may be confusing him with someone else, but I'm pretty sure he was one the lead that was a big everquester and brought as much of eq as possible into wow. Including raiders being rock stars and everyone else being second class citizens.

Yeah, that was him. He was also the one responsible for the worst quest in the history of anything.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah, Tigole was the EQ guy who, as was already stated, was very much of the HARDCORE RAIDS OR GTFO mentality. At this point I would imagine the reality of the game's popularity and demographics have tempered that somewhat, though. I'm sure he isn't stupid, and trying to go back to a vanilla or even BC style game would be hailed as the best thing every by about 5% of the game's audience and be an utter disaster for the remaining 95.

zulfate

How come no one ever told me that Monks were so damn fun? I created one a couple days ago and cannot stop playing it; I went from level 13 to 37 yesterday o_O

I really like the whole Zen Pilgrimage idea, it's a neat little touch.

Tell me about it. Me and my cousin both started one and man i hated them until level 10 but fuck they are fun. I love there healing spec. Went from 1-40 over the weekend and when we pvp we time our rolls togethere so that we stick togethere the whole time. We were like a ninja team....soooo goooood

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

As someone who played played multiple shamans in vanilla and BC, the quest that holds a special place in my nightmares is teh fucking water totem. HEY GO KALIMDOR NOW GO TO EASTERN KIGNDOMS NOW GO TO KALIMDOR NOW GO TO EACH END OF THE BARRENS TWICE

jesus christ that shit was awful.

vilmer_

Furor was responsible for a ton of those crazy early quests as well. Between himself and Tigole, there were probably a hundred items/quests named after themselves that they put into the game like http://www.wowhead.com/item=18228/ or http://www.wowhead.com/item=18401 (which was an homage to EQ raiding). Not to mention the various NPC's like http://www.wowhead.com/npc=14721, http://www.wowhead.com/quest=5214 etc. Those guys were HUGE in the MMO community back then, they are basically the grandfathers of hardcore raiding, and by hardcore for them was 15 hours a day 5 days a week. Would never fly nowadays :lol

Rob Pardo brought them both in and not too many people were happy about it, especially when Furor got hired. He was an absolute maniac with his rants/etc but I always liked him. Which is why I use his dome as my avatar :p AFAIK Tigole is still on the Titan team, I talked to a FoH guild member and he told me both Tigole and Furor are still on Titan at the moment.

cloakssizmu.jpg

Yayyy

Finished hunter this week, only needed 1 Runestone, ended up doing Pinnacle twice, seemed like the least painful method.

Pretty much done with LFRs on everyone, then. With a mixture of SPA, Celestial tier, and Ordos gear the 528 LFR loot weighed against actually doing the SoO LFRs doesn't seem remotely worth it (hunter and lock are 538, DK is 540). I'll probably end up doing some Flex here and there, and definitely try and get some Garrosh heirlooms a few months down the line for the next expansion.

strafer

cloakssizmu.jpg

Yayyy

Finished hunter this week, only needed 1 Runestone, ended up doing Pinnacle twice, seemed like the least painful method.

Pretty much done with LFRs on everyone, then. With a mixture of SPA, Celestial tier, and Ordos gear the 528 LFR loot weighed against actually doing the SoO LFRs doesn't seem remotely worth it (hunter and lock are 538, DK is 540). I'll probably end up doing some Flex here and there, and definitely try and get some Garrosh heirlooms a few months down the line for the next expansion.

Are those the original T3 Lock shoulders?

Touch

Every weeks I go for Black Ice on my Druid and DK, and every week it never drops. This week... no drop. BUT the loot gods have blessed me with the Azure Drake. I guess I'll have to manage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom