• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayerx

Got my cloak =D love the proc effect, love the DPS increase. And I'm up to 550 item lvl now.

In sadder news, Sha once again refused to drop the trinket on flex even with a bonus roll. Gonna run that shit again and coin it a second time.

Grats on the cloak :) Time to do Ordos. He was kind to me, gave me helm and bracers(twice -_-).

Fjordson

Grats on the cloak :) Time to do Ordos. He was kind to me, gave me helm and bracers(twice -_-).
I almost forgot about Ordos, your post reminded me. Felt good to soar over that broken bridge to the other side :lol

Unfortunately, I only got a double double shot of gold for this week =[

Fjordson

My LFR hurdle lately has been Spoils for some reason. When tanks don't know the fight it's hard to get a good flow for what boxes to open and when. Even though that feels like the easiest fight in that wing to me, I've wiped on it at least six times over the past two weeks.

sqwarlock

Well that's two more achievements I can mark off. Sort of wish there were more alt achievements after 5 though.

MLBElPq.jpg

FOGFic0.jpg

EDIT: And of course this new 90 (who is on a completely different server and faction from my mains) gets tier gloves from their first Celestial kill ever.

sqwarlock

Is anyone else who uses Dominos having problems with it since the patch? I updated to the newest version of the addon, but I keep getting the following error:

dominoserrormessage.png

It happened when I hit 'k' to open the professions window. If I click disable, it loads the default UI; if I click ignore, I lose my action bars entirely.

ETA: Seems like the problem is the spellbook. I don't have any problems with other buttons, but that one makes that error message pop up.

Double post, I know, but this issue has been fixed. Be sure to update if you haven't already. Apparently it has to do with the "Blizzard Store" button that's going to implemented.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I've got some free time and was considering coming back with talks of a new expansion(though I'm sure it's far off, but it kind of 'reminded' me that the game existed)

I haven't played since Ulduar patch. What's the best way to approach returning?

Tacitus_

So I've got some free time and was considering coming back with talks of a new expansion(though I'm sure it's far off, but it kind of 'reminded' me that the game existed)

After you finish leveling, do the scenario quests for free 502 boots and then hit the timeless isle. Gather chests, kill mobs, try to leech rares. Maybe do some instances on the side to get guaranteed pieces for valor / justice points (what the badge system was converted to). When you're comfortable with your class (and have enough gear to meet the meek requirements), queue for LFR.

Boogdud

I was in almost the exact same situation (I left after doing ICC) and did pretty much what Tacitus said. It might not make sense to you for a week or so, but it's good advice ;)

On another note, I've been splitting time between my original rogue (pvp'd and raided in progression from original to wrath) and my hunter (raided in wrath) in mostly lfr and some pvp. I remember hearing that rogues were getting some 'big buffs' to combat and assassination. I never enjoyed combat at all so I haven't tried it, but this is the buffed assassination rogue people were worried about? Both in pvp and pve my damage seems to be anemic compared to an almost identically geared hunter. Gone are the days of the big numbers and murdalizing unsuspecting folks. I can do it much more easily on my hunter, from 40 yards away in pvp and pve. That's pretty disappointing because I have always loved the playstyle of the rogue.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just saw this in my local store, wtf is this?

TufKmM2.jpg

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So is this the expansion where they finally redo the old world character models?

I think I remember some recent blue post saying they're only 25-30% done with redone character models... i hope that's not true... or if it is, that they won't wait until all 8 races are done before releasing the new models to the live servers. If for example humans, dwarves, trolls and orcs are ready first, release them at the expansion launch and release the others later during patch 6.1.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Asked my friend who works at Blizzard to share some info on the new expasion.
He only said it's looking really great :(

"Dude, how awesome is your game?"
-"So awesome!"

The character model percentage was stated before the Titan team came back to work on WoW. It was stated that they gained around 40% team size from that, and another 40% additional would be added to the mix. So my hopes are high that they have enough people working to get the models out for next expansion.

The box is the new "battle chest", though they lost the subtitle. Its just vanilla WoW, which now includes BC, Wrath and Cata in one box.

Boogdud

So with the virtual ticket, does anyone know if you can gift the in-game items? The wife wants murkalot but she doesn't play D3, SC2 or Hearthstone which I do. Don't really want to buy two virtual tickets. The last virtual ticket I got had Grunty and I can't remember how it was redeemed.

Boogdud

I think I remember some recent blue post saying they're only 25-30% done with redone character models... i hope that's not true... or if it is, that they won't wait until all 8 races are done before releasing the new models to the live servers. If for example humans, dwarves, trolls and orcs are ready first, release them at the expansion launch and release the others later during patch 6.1.

Haven't they been saying that for like 2 years now?

Also 25-30% done =

Orc - new Thrall
Troll - new Vol'jin
Human - new Jaina/Varian
Blood Elves - new Sylvannis

so 4 new models

Races - 12

12/4 = 30%....

I know it's probably wrong, but it just occurred to me after seeing the "new" models in the ending of SoO.

mclem

"Dude, how awesome is your game?"
-"So awesome!"

To be fair, if I'm talking to a friend, I'm a lot more open and critical than I would be if talking to media. Some of my close friends had some quite inside-baseball kvetching about some of the decisions made on some I worked on :)

Bisnic

Haven't they been saying that for like 2 years now?

Also 25-30% done =

Orc - new Thrall
Troll - new Vol'jin
Human - new Jaina/Varian
Blood Elves - new Sylvannis

so 4 new models

Races - 12

12/4 = 30%....

I know it's probably wrong, but it just occurred to me after seeing the "new" models in the ending of SoO.

These are just custom hero models though... they do not really represent how the player characters will look like other than "hey, the textures and polygons count will be at least that good".

Also, why are you counting the expansion races? They're not going to touch them. They could do the blood elves and draeneis, but i kinda doubt that.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I wouldn't be surprised to see the BC races included in the revamp, but definitely not goblin and Worgen.

Boogdud

These are just custom hero models though... they do not really represent how the player characters will look like other than "hey, the textures and polygons count will be at least that good".

Also, why are you counting the expansion races? They're not going to touch them. They could do the blood elves and draeneis, but i kinda doubt that.

Just for funsies. (that and it still is pretty correct even if you remove the be/sylvannis). I heard they mentioned they were only going to touch the original races, it's a shame because the blood elf models (aside from the heads) are pretty poor poly-count wise.

But seriously do you think they're going to do much more than stick different heads on those same bodies, or at least very similar?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Just for funsies. (that and it still is pretty correct even if you remove the be/sylvannis). I heard they mentioned they were only going to touch the original races, it's a shame because the blood elf models (aside from the heads) are pretty poor poly-count wise.

But seriously do you think they're going to do much more than stick different heads on those same bodies, or at least very similar?

Well first of all, new orc would be far more likely to be based on the Garrosh model, not Thrall.

Bisnic

I don't expect the new male humans to use Varian's body but with a different head, no. To begin, he's in full armor, there's no skin under that, Blizzard have to model all of that for when people run around in underwears. :p

No to mention he is still using the old human animations, and they're probably going to redo all that. Just like Garrosh is using the new orc animatons.

strafer

What was the first green you ever got?

Mine was one of those random sword of the Boar i think it was.

Was mad happy when I got that.

Anoregon

What was the first green you ever got?

Mine was one of those random sword of the Boar i think it was.

Was mad happy when I got that.

No idea, but I remember my first epic: http://www.wowhead.com/item=811

Used it on an enhance shaman back before we could dual wield because it had higher DPS than my 2hander at the time. Yeeah.

vocab

After you finish leveling, do the scenario quests for free 502 boots and then hit the timeless isle. Gather chests, kill mobs, try to leech rares. Maybe do some instances on the side to get guaranteed pieces for valor / justice points (what the badge system was converted to). When you're comfortable with your class (and have enough gear to meet the meek requirements), queue for LFR.

502 boots? You mean the ones from barren event right? They dont exist anymore.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
My first epic was Lei of Lillies or whatever... sold it for like 400g :D I was like, the richest guy evarrrr

Anoregon

That cover is creepy because I am reminded of how in the cinematic the BE lady immediately proceeds to drain the life from the little mana wyrm. What a bitch.

I've got a lvl 87 toon that I want to raise to 89 so I can queue for the Horseman.

What is the very fastest way to gain exp at that level these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom