• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
At least you got to figure out what your class was at level 10 as a hunter
as an enhancement Shaman, you were basically living in hell unless you had the proper gear up until that sweet, sweet level 30 when you got windfury.

I went from frequently dying in 1K to being the walking apocalypse.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, Shaman experience was really weird early on.

Druid sucked too since the first form you got for a while was Bear, with Maul as your only ability.

Honestly, all classes outside of maybe Warlocks and Mages sucked early on. Remember Wand Spec being required for Priests?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yeah, Shaman experience was really weird early on.

Druid sucked too since the first form you got for a while was Bear, with Maul as your only ability.

Honestly, all classes outside of maybe Warlocks and Mages sucked early on. Remember Wand Spec being required for Priests?

Why did you have to remember me of this? I remember still using my wand back in fucking Outlands in 2007. D:

Ultratech

Also you had to tame three beasts before you could actually do it yourself.

Run here and tame.
Run back.
Run here and tame.
Run back.

etc

And then the pets you tamed were really small :D

Yup.

That feels like so long ago...
That's also when pets were actually different and had separate attack/chase speeds.
(Leveling pets was godawful and so was keeping up happiness.)

Hell, my pet for most of 15-60 was Echeyakee from the Barrens.

Warlocks and Mages did burn a lot of mana early on.

Remember being in The Barrens at Level 15 and two shadow bolts and oom

Some of missions with the blood elf mage were imposibble to do it alone like Turn off the demon crystals or burn the troll mummies.

It's were like kill one mob, eat your magic stuff, kill another mo....shit I pulled 3 mobs time to run.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And leveling prot warrior used to be the most tedious thing ever. You auto attacked and that was it. Sometimes you heroic striked.

It's been a while since I've done it, but I remember later on where my orc warrior with prot killed stuff quicker than my friend's fury. dat revenge and dat shield bash

strafer

Some of missions with the blood elf mage were imposibble to do it alone like Turn off the demon crystals or burn the troll mummies.

It's were like kill one mob, eat your magic stuff, kill another mo....shit I pulled 3 mobs time to run.

Yeah, I remember I couldn't deal with 3-4 mobs when I started out. Ghostlands were a pain because of this.

Kraftwerk

And leveling prot warrior used to be the most tedious thing ever. You auto attacked and that was it. Sometimes you heroic striked.

It's been a while since I've done it, but I remember later on where my orc warrior with prot killed stuff quicker than my friend's fury. dat revenge and dat shield bash

Yup. I leveled as prot back then.

Slow as fuck.

Fjordson

Decided to level up leather working. Not too bad of a grind with 600 skinning, already at 205.

This game has me all the way back in, it's bad. I can pass 3-4 hours in-game in the blink of an eye :lol

Tamanon

Banned
Decided to level up leather working. Not too bad of a grind with 600 skinning, already at 205.

This game has me all the way back in, it's bad. I can pass 3-4 hours in-game in the blink of an eye :lol

You've honestly hit the grindy part of leatherworking. That 225-250 was the second toughest profession gap, only behind the hell that is Tailoring from 380-425.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You've honestly hit the grindy part of leatherworking. That 225-250 was the second toughest profession gap, only behind the hell that is Tailoring from 380-425.

I bet I can make a lot of old school types shudder:

225-300 in Blacksmithing. In Vanilla.

I think Shadow Hunter's more likely than Demon Hunter, honestly

•Ranged. Last two heros were melee
•Vol'Jin is warchief and also a shadow hunter
•Another class to roll on bows instead of yet ANOTHER sword using class
•Because I want it.

And most importantly, it would give them an excuse to make hunters happy as well because they'd use this as a reason to finally let you equip bows on display instead of your never used melee weapon

I don't think its going to happen unless they take primary stats off weapons (which they should do anyways, btw) because I don't know that they're going to stick ANOTHER agility class in the game. I don't know what they're going to add in this new expansion but I'd be hard pressed to believe they're really going to have no class and no race, but I can't think of something that needs to be in the game that's not.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

I don't think its going to happen unless they take primary stats off weapons (which they should do anyways, btw) because I don't know that they're going to stick ANOTHER agility class in the game. I don't know what they're going to add in this new expansion but I'd be hard pressed to believe they're really going to have no class and no race, but I can't think of something that needs to be in the game that's not.

Int guns! But for real, right now there is 4 total specs that use agi mail, which is lower than just about everything other than int plate and mail, so it wouldn't be a disaster for another class to use it.

There needs to be another mail agility class using ranged weapons.

TheYanger

I might be trying wow again since my friends are getting back into it. I used to play vanilla WoW back in the day (made it to lvl 40 as a night elf Druid before I quit). I know a lot has changed. Which classes are considered the best nowadays? I'm somewhat feeling a tank like character.

Definitely no 'best' as stated before, especially among tanks. I mean, there ARE, but that shit changes constantly and it's close enough not to matter. Brewmasters are the 'best' for now but it won't stay that way so why worry. Monks are also boring as fuck at low levels and PRETTY complicated compared to the other 3 low level tanks. If you intend to get to max level (it does go faster now than it did in vanilla by a huge margin) it'll matter even less, and I'd probably put DKs and Monks as the most 'fun' with druids down at the bottom and warrs/paladins kind of in the middle.

Druids monks and Paladins have the benefit of giving you flexibility to be healer or dps if you decide you don't enjoy tanking and want to try something else, with druids givnig you the option of either melee (cat) or caster (moonkin) specs, while DKs and warriors are only melee dps or tanks. Honestly, if you've never been max level and aren't sure what you'll enjoy, I'd say just go for whatever sounds/looks the most fun to you, none of these distinctions will matter if you don't get into the game, and that's pretty contingent on you enjoying yourself at low to mid levels :)

Tamanon

Banned
Ya know, we do have a shortage of classes that use Mail items. 3 Leather, 3 Cloth, 3 Plate, 2 Mail.

Demon Hunters could work.

Tacitus_

Rösti;88277421 said:
No idea how widely known it is, but I noticed that on Blizzard's FTP site there's a video of an in-game Korean wedding. I uploaded it to YouTube but the audio (well known classical music) was disabled by default.

Anyway, here's the YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xWhwjYzbFA&feature=youtu.be

And direct link: http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/WoW/movies/WoWHookup!.avi

I don't know why, but that reminded me of the funeral raid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHJVolaC8pw

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Ya know, we do have a shortage of classes that use Mail items. 3 Leather, 3 Cloth, 3 Plate, 2 Mail.

I still don't understand why Windwalker Monks can't use daggers. There's like 1 viable spec that uses PvE daggers normally.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Fun fact: Gnomes are the only race in the game that can't represent all armor types at endgame. Prior to monks, they shared that dubious distinction with Draenei.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd have trouble seeing Shadow Hunters as anything but Night Elves and Trolls though.

Unfortunately(to me), Blizzard's gotten real lax with the race/class combos.

Anoregon

I'd have trouble seeing Shadow Hunters as anything but Night Elves and Trolls though.

Unfortunately(to me), Blizzard's gotten real lax with the race/class combos.

Meh, it's not really hard. Just like how everyone can be monks because pandaren taught the other races how, I could see the same going for Demon/Shadow hunters; a group of NPC's teaching members of the horde and alliance their ways.

Salamando

I'd be kind of disappointed if Demon Hunters don't run around shirtless wearing Tattoos.

Still hoping for a Tinker/Alchemist hybrid type class. DPS with a gun and explosives, heal with potions, DPS with a robot minion....maybe throw in a Tanking spec, if we really need another one.

mclem

So...

Blizzard Trademarks "Warlords of Draenor" - WoW Expansion
Blizzard just trademarked "Warlords of Draenor" in New Zealand. It was then registered in Australia shortly after.

Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, interactive multimedia computer game program; downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs.
Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games; providing on-line non-downloadable computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network; providing online news and information in the field of computer games.

It's also worth mentioning that warlordsofdraenor.com was registered a month ago.

I do realize that we had a lot of fun times with trademarks in the past (*cough* Dark Below *cough*) but let's just say that on a personal level I'm pretty confident about this one. I'll leave the speculation up to you guys until Blizzcon.

(MMO-Champion)

Tamanon

Banned
Oh man oh man oh man oh man

Wonder if they would rename the Demon Hunter to something else, just to keep it from immediately being lumped in with Hunter?

mclem

Oh fuck not that

So, that rumor about CoT expansion might be correct? Come on

My suspicion is that the rumour tagged on to some existing stuff, given that the domain was registered a while back; some fact to make the fiction seem plausible. It could still be entirely true, of course.

strafer

So...

(MMO-Champion)

48569325_omg_reaction_gif.gif

20673657_omg_reaction_gif.gif

vince_omg.gif

omgwtf.gif

tumblr_leczeiXPOO1qdlkgg.gif

My suspicion is that the rumour tagged on to some existing stuff, given that the domain was registered a while back; some fact to make the fiction seem plausible. It could still be entirely true, of course.

I think the thing here is unlike US, in NZ you can't register the trademark unless you are actually doing something related to it.

Plus, bou with the:
I do realize that we had a lot of fun times with trademarks in the past (*cough* Dark Below *cough*) but let's just say that on a personal level I'm pretty confident about this one.

Pretty much, take it to the grave that's what the next expansion is called. And I don't see anyway that works apart from time travel.

Anoregon

index.php

I realized this gif was in reverse after finding it but that kin of made me like it even more.

I'm betting that the titular warlords of draenor are either Alleria/Turalyon and co, or the bad guys that they are currently warring with.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Oh fuck not that

So, that rumor about CoT expansion might be correct? Come on

Im fine with it... if it has nothing to do with CoT/Grom/etc. If we get a third expansion in a row with most of the story focus on the horde I am going to flip my shit.

I'm betting that the titular warlords of draenor are either Alleria/Turalyon and co, or the bad guys that they are currently warring with.

This is what I'm betting on/hoping for myself.

strafer

index.php

I realized this gif was in reverse after finding it but that kin of made me like it even more.

I made the reverse one.

Tamanon

Banned
I think the thing here is unlike US, in NZ you can't register the trademark unless you are actually doing something related to it.

Plus, bou with the:

Pretty much, take it to the grave that's what the next expansion is called. And I don't see anyway that works apart from time travel.

I dunno, more fragments of Draenor are in the Twisted Nether, right. Someone in the Legion was pulling them together or connecting them, but each has its own Warlord.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
index.php

I always found it weird how one of the loading screen tips basically says "Rumors as that Turalyon and Alleria are still alive." Or something like that.

I mean... what's the point of saying this in a loading screen tip? An expansion with them would make sense.

Anoregon

Warlords of draenor?

Does this mean we're going back to the TBC worlds?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

Yes pls?

I don't know about "back" necessarily, more likely that is new non-Azeroth world(s) or other pieces of Draenor that aren't part of the main Outland chunk. Ner'Zhul made a real mess of things when he opened all them portals after warcraft 2, so Blizzard has pretty much free reign lore-wise to toss all kind of crazy alien worlds at us that are linked to Outland/Draenor.

mclem

Plus, bou with the:

Oh, when I mentioned I was suspicious, I meant I was suspicious *about that post from yesterday*. I'm happy to take the Warlords of Draenor as gospel until new information comes out.

Anoregon

I like how this title basically combines the "TIME TRAVEL XPAC!" idea with "BACK TO OUTLAND!" idea. Time travel to outland! Who knows.

You know literally nothing about it except the title.

Literally nothing.

Well the rumor with expansion name popped up yesterday said its a CoT based expansion. They got the name right, which adds weight to the rest of the rumor?

Unless the expansion name has been rumored from before that post on MMOC

Anoregon

Well the rumor with expansion name popped up yesterday said its a CoT based expansion. They got the name right, which adds weight to the rest of the rumor?

Unless the expansion name has been rumored from before that post on MMOC

the name was registered as a web domain a month or so ago, so it was out there, but website domains are much less meaningful than copyrights so people don't pay as much attention to them when it comes to future xpacs and game releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom