• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost23

Oh. Blizz should have it for 40 on their store there somewhere. Have you checked the account page thoroughly?

Yea it looks like Amazon only sells the physical version? I have a group playing tonight so the digital version is definitely the best option, but if I can find it cheaper than $40 that would be great.

Hmmmmmm. HMMMMMM.

1346512449841.jpg

Tacitus_

Yea it looks like Amazon only sells the physical version? I have a group playing tonight so the digital version is definitely the best option, but if I can find it cheaper than $40 that would be great.

You probably wont. Unless you can coax a retailer to email you the key of your physical product. Otherwise I think Blizz sells the only 'digital' copies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Oh fuck not that

So, that rumor about CoT expansion might be correct? Come on

I simply don't see it. That rumor basically claimed you'd have to go to X zone and use a portal in that zone to go to a time-shifted zone. It was only like a year ago that Blizz said they learned that having random leveling zones was a bad idea and that one continent worked better.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Fuck yes, the lore has become so stupid and distilled down to "Hey remember that guy from Warcraft 3? He went insane and you gotta kill him!"

I really hope they take this opportunity to not pull stupid shit like that. A total reset (well, post sundering anyway).

Theres a thread that was started yesterday before this trademark that revealed the name, it has more details in it, though they are scarce. Could be false, but given that they knew the name of the expansion, I'd wadger its correct. The douche even listed two Bliz employees names that supposedly leaked the info, before a moderator edited it:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1376503-Wow-Want-to-know-what-happens-next

I'm really glad we're not getting a Southseas expansion next. I was hoping it'd be a Legion one, so I'm happy about this. Looking forward to renewing my account and getting back into the game when this launches.

Still waiting for an Emerald Dream expansion...

Tacitus_

I'm really glad we're not getting a Southseas expansion next. I was hoping it'd be a Legion one, so I'm happy about this. Looking forward to renewing my account and getting back into the game when this launches.

Still waiting for an Emerald Dream expansion...

The way Wrathion has been hyping Legion, it would feel almost disappointing if we didn't get them in the next expansion.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Returned to my prot warrior after a year or two away.
Wow, they nerfed everything in BC, huh? We literally dpsed through Sethekk halls without me going below 90%

mclem

The douche even listed two Bliz employees names that supposedly leaked the info, before a moderator edited it:

So does this thread, actually. We probably ought to do something about that.

Edit: I've notified a mod. I don't know if a change should be made, but they're aware of it now and can make the call one way or another.

I simply don't see it. That rumor basically claimed you'd have to go to X zone and use a portal in that zone to go to a time-shifted zone. It was only like a year ago that Blizz said they learned that having random leveling zones was a bad idea and that one continent worked better.

A lot of people thought Blizz would never do Pandas

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah, but those people were either in denial or ignorant.

Loxley

If this is true then I'm definitely all-in. After three-straight expansions of Azeroth, I think I'm ready for a new alien world.

Also, it would certainly give them a good reason to re-visit Outland and, well, fix it.

Slayerx

Oh god I just woke up :O

jcuy2SXUNY12ETD8B761DNHUSJCNC1278b

Still think that post on mmo-champion is bullshit and he was trolling though, he found out the name of the expansion and had some fun.

Touch

I have killed at least 100 rares on this stupid island and can't get a Sealed Tome to drop. They are going for 25k up on AH. My hopes for green fire are looking... grim.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I don't know why anyone would still want an emerald dream expansion. There is nothing to do there.

Yeah, and geographically it would be identical to the current Azeroth. It would be the worst possible scenario for an expansion.

Tamanon

Banned
Is blacksmithing as profession worth it anymore? especially with places like timeless isle and its rewards?

Well, it can make ilevel 553 stuff, as well as 502 weapons(both over a few weeks time). Plus 2 extra sockets for any character. I'd say it's worth it to have.

Ultratech

I don't know why anyone would want a profession that isn't engineering.

I'd love to put Engineering on my Hunter, but I'm extremely taxed on bag space as it is.
Plus, I like Leatherworking's cheap enchants and decent gear.

Could put it on my DK for some laughs though.
(Got BS on him, but I honestly don't do a lot with it.)

sqwarlock

Feels weird logging in and not queuing five characters for Headless Horseman. I think I ended up with about 20 Magic Brooms, 3 Squashlings, 5 Hallowed Helms, and 2 Helms. So pissed I didn't see the mount drop even once.

For a tank? I think I'd rather have Toughness and the two extra sockets.

Well, those tinkers aren't the "added stat perk" of professions. They're just a bonus.

As a tank, you would get an on-use 1500 armor for 12 seconds on a 1 minute cooldown. Or 1920 of agi/str for 10 seconds on the same cooldown. It's more situational, may or not be as useful for a tank, I guess.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Ya know, we do have a shortage of classes that use Mail items. 3 Leather, 3 Cloth, 3 Plate, 2 Mail.

Demon Hunters could work.

Especially if burning legion is involved

But they may skip a class for the next expansion like they did for the gap between lich king and mop and then burning legion would be the expansion after the next one

Tarazet

Well, those tinkers aren't the "added stat perk" of professions. They're just a bonus.

As a tank, you would get an on-use 1500 armor for 12 seconds on a 1 minute cooldown. Or 1920 of agi/str for 10 seconds on the same cooldown. It's more situational, may or not be as useful for a tank, I guess.

Phase Fingers gives you 2520 Dodge, not armor. The few tanks I know of with Engineering (myself included) use Synapse Springs instead because it' boosts both DPS and survivability.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Downed Shamans in three pulls tonight! We seem to have that fight down quite well now. Nazgrim went down easily and we finally seem to have Malk down easily as well!

I even managed to get the Dark Shamans trinket tonight to replace the LFR one, pretty awesome trinket! Next week I get to upgrade the staff I won earlier in this week and that trinket now, should up DPS by a considerable margin. I ended up making the call to push Nazgrim in his third defensive stance, ended up working really well but I totally forgot the adds that come out at 10%. We ended up downing him but 3 people died before we did. Malk was just down to personal errors, which should be ironed out now.

Spoils has been whooping us though. We can't seem to get the pace right, so our tanks are going to check strategies before we have another whack at it. I'm sure its also hindering us when we have 3 healers on that fight.

Logs:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/wfhn9up7k2v8atbl/

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It doesn't even matter what the stat boost is. Engineering is better even if it had nothing because the other professions are fucking useless other than the invisible minor stats that you don't actually need.

Fjordson

Sheesh, this transmog took forever. Looks good. Makes me want to switch to blood now instead of frost. :p

ds6l.jpg
Bad ass. Looks so good.

If anyone has any tips on some dope hunter transmog sets, please let me know :lol my guy looks a bit like the olden days at the moment. When everyone was sort of like a multi-colored power ranger.

CassSept

Finally got around to doing the final wing (LFR, but I just wanted to see the end) of SoO before my sub runs out and damn, it's pretty cool.

Siegecrafter is such a fun dynamic fight, really.

I didn't finish Garrosh though because it freaking killed my PC. We wiped and after a series of loadings due to intermission after I released my game went into infinite loading screen. I stared for 10 mins at it and nothing. I guess I won't be able to see the end with my own eyes until I get a new PC. Seriously, game runs fine but I have terrible loading times.

Still, amazing raid, amazing expansion. I'll probably return somewhere before WoD launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom