• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarazet

It doesn't even matter what the stat boost is. Engineering is better even if it had nothing because the other professions are fucking useless other than the invisible minor stats that you don't actually need.

Eh.. some of them are useless. Enchanting is pretty much the best thing ever if you raid a lot. Alchemy is pretty badass too.

RPGCrazied

Bad ass. Looks so good.

If anyone has any tips on some dope hunter transmog sets, please let me know :lol my guy looks a bit like the olden days at the moment. When everyone was sort of like a multi-colored power ranger.

I'll post a picture when I'm done on my hunter, I'm actually going for a shaman set with different leggings. It'll match though, just missing the shoulders.

I love that sword :)

Took a good month or so just to get the stuff to drop, lol. The sword is from heroic underbog from the last boss. It's called Endbringer.

mclem

Well, those tinkers aren't the "added stat perk" of professions. They're just a bonus.

As a tank, you would get an on-use 1500 armor for 12 seconds on a 1 minute cooldown. Or 1920 of agi/str for 10 seconds on the same cooldown. It's more situational, may or not be as useful for a tank, I guess.

Now, on paper that's good; once you're past a certain skill level as a tank, the only things that'll really kill you are damage spikes; sudden big hits, your healers having to deal with something unpleasant at their end, the situations where Something Goes Wrong. On paper, extra survival cooldowns are great. Except...

Armour's only any use against physical damage; usually there's a heavy magic damage component to spiky tank damage (although that said, SoO has quite a few physical-heavy bosses). Strength's only a parry boost, and many major damaging abilities simply aren't parryable. Stamina - instead - basically acts to give your healers a moment or two extra to handle bad situations (or indeed yourself, if it comes about due to you being slow to do something that can be remedied),

The gem sockets, on the other hand, are powerful because they can be anything. Given the increase in focus on active mitigation, from a paladin perspective the single most powerful survival ability we have is reliable resource generation - we need to hit reliably and rapidly to generate holy power. As such, what benefits us the most is hit, expertise and haste; it's actually worth us going for the hard cap of expertise, which isn't true for many classes.

mclem

Spoils has been whooping us though. We can't seem to get the pace right, so our tanks are going to check strategies before we have another whack at it. I'm sure its also hindering us when we have 3 healers on that fight.

Upthread I mentioned my crate-opening strategy, which seems to work well; it has actually got us a kill since I posted that. That actually was with three healers, too; since we found the Mogu one tougher, we'd single-heal the Mogu side then send one DPS over to the other side after the first Mogu phase, and they'd do Mogu for the entire time.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Being able to enchant heirlooms with MoP enchants(as well as LW/Tailoring/Inscription stuff for pants and shoulders) is fucking awesome. :p

Wish they would have done that sooner, i wouldn't have wasted my time farming stuff like Essence of Air.

strafer

Being able to enchant heirlooms with MoP enchants(as well as LW/Tailoring/Inscription stuff for pants and shoulders) is fucking awesome. :p

Wish they would have done that sooner, i wouldn't have wasted my time farming stuff like Essence of Air.

Wait, since when can you do that? :O

vocab

Dot50Cal said:
Spoils has been whooping us though. We can't seem to get the pace right, so our tanks are going to check strategies before we have another whack at it. I'm sure its also hindering us when we have 3 healers on that fight.

Logs:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/wfhn9up7k2v8atbl/

3 healers is dumb on spoils. One side has two healers, and less dps. 1 healer on each side. I solo healed my side with my monk who doesn't even have cloak or meta. If I can do it, your healers should be able to.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
As I've mentioned before, Activision Blizzard's Third Quarter Calendar 2013 Results Conference Call will be on the 6th of November (1:30 p.m. Pacific Time (4:30 p.m. Eastern Time)). I have a question I'd like to see answered, and it would be directed to Mike Morhaime:

Patch 4.3, Hour of Twilight, currently holds the record for longest patch cycle between content releases in World of Warcraft history, lasting over ten months. While not met with any greater subscription losses, this long patch cycle caused customer resentment and boredom and I know that many players dread a repeat of this.

So, with the recently released content path 5.4, Siege of Orgrimmar, how are you looking at time length of patches, especially coupled with any tentatively upcoming expansion set. Will we see another nine months of Siege of Orgrimmar before the arrival of the next expansion set, or are you looking at releasing faster this time around?
It's mentioned in the news article about the conference call the following:

Anyone planning to dial in to the call should RSVP to Pam Beaver at:
E-mail: PBeaver@activision.com
I don't work for any security firm so I wonder if they would take my call. If I remember correctly, there was someone last year that called in to troll. I wouldn't define my question as trolling by any means, but perhaps they have changed how they handle calls?

mclem

Dot50's post reminds me - there's a new Logging site that just popped up: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/

It's still in testing and not quite available for everyone to use though.

Yeah, the prot paladin blog SacredDuty was talking about this. Looks promising.

What I'd love to see is a log that can directly analyse a rotation; a visual representation of what a player is casting and when - and what gaps they have between casts/procs.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Thinking about it last night - I think the time travel bit for "Warlords of Draenor" is nonsense for one reason.

The mmo-champion post that implied all the time travel stuff is only being considered somewhat legit because it called out the supposed title of the expansion a day before the trademark showed up. Yet the website registration had been around for a month. Anyways. Said post mentions Dark Below being a trademark for Titan, not Warcraft. Except everything we've seen shows Dark Below to be a complete hoax. It was not an approved trademark. It was not a cancelled one (as we're be able to see those). It disappeared completely, implying that it was removed for not being a legitimate trademark. If we take that into consideration, everything else he posted is bunk.

Now, on paper that's good; once you're past a certain skill level as a tank, the only things that'll really kill you are damage spikes; sudden big hits, your healers having to deal with something unpleasant at their end, the situations where Something Goes Wrong. On paper, extra survival cooldowns are great. Except...

Armour's only any use against physical damage; usually there's a heavy magic damage component to spiky tank damage (although that said, SoO has quite a few physical-heavy bosses). Strength's only a parry boost, and many major damaging abilities simply aren't parryable. Stamina - instead - basically acts to give your healers a moment or two extra to handle bad situations (or indeed yourself, if it comes about due to you being slow to do something that can be remedied),

The gem sockets, on the other hand, are powerful because they can be anything. Given the increase in focus on active mitigation, from a paladin perspective the single most powerful survival ability we have is reliable resource generation - we need to hit reliably and rapidly to generate holy power. As such, what benefits us the most is hit, expertise and haste; it's actually worth us going for the hard cap of expertise, which isn't true for many classes.

Right, for a purely PvE tank engineering probably isn't the optimal profession. For PvP and DPS/Healing PvE, it's probably the best (arguable for healers in PvE). Plus, it's the most fun. But yeah, the 1500 armor is situational at best.

Thinking about it last night - I think the time travel bit for "Warlords of Draenor" is nonsense for one reason.

The mmo-champion post that implied all the time travel stuff is only being considered somewhat legit because it called out the supposed title of the expansion a day before the trademark showed up. Yet the website registration had been around for a month. Anyways. Said post mentions Dark Below being a trademark for Titan, not Warcraft. Except everything we've seen shows Dark Below to be a complete hoax. It was not an approved trademark. It was not a cancelled one (as we're be able to see those). It disappeared completely, implying that it was removed for not being a legitimate trademark. If we take that into consideration, everything else he posted is bunk.

Well, the time travel stuff makes a lot of sense when you look at patch 5.4/Timeless Isle and the Chinese leak from earlier this year. Like, the Chinese leak was actually nonsense until we got the title of the expansion. It makes perfect sense now.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

I don't get it, are you saying because he posted "The Dark Below" anything else he does is bullshit?

Not how it works.

We'll know what Warlords is about in:
t1383937200z4.png

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I don't get it, are you saying because he posted "The Dark Below" anything else he does is bullshit?

Not how it works.

Specifically that he said Dark Below was something real (A trademark for titan). But as far as we can tell, The Dark Below was a complete hoax, since everything we know of is pointing to it being a hoax. So assuming that is not valid, it calls into question the validity of everything else he posted. This was all part of the same info dump after all. If one thing "his sources" told him is almost assuredly incorrect, why would anything else "his sources" had said be correct?

Edit: I'm not referring to the MMO-Champion official post in regards to all these trademarks. I'm referring to the random post on the MMO-Champion forums that had a bunch of supposed info for Warlords of Draenor a day before the official post showed Warlords of Draenor being trademarked, which is where everyone is getting this whole "loltimetravel" thing from.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
There's no way to know. If they were going to show Titan at Blizzcon this year it would've made sense with the timing of the trademark.

There are also a few other older leaks that are lining up.

It's just silly to hardline so much on these rumors less than a week from confirmation. It invites embarrassment if you're wrong.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
There's no way to know. If they were going to show Titan at Blizzcon this year it would've made sense with the timing of the trademark.

If I'm not mistaken - The Dark Below trademark showed up well after Titan's "back to the drawing board" moment this summer so that seems quite unlikely.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The more I think about it, the more they have to have either a new class or new race. They've got to have something for people who've been gone for a while and want to start over as the new thing. And new race models would have to be for all versions

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The more I think about it, the more they have to have either a new class or new race. They've got to have something for people who've been gone for a while and want to start over as the new thing. And new race models would have to be for all versions

Yeah, an xpac without a new race or class would be a misstep for sure. I'm still betting on class due to the old races getting updated, but who knows.

I suppose it's possible they could forgo class and race if they included a MAJOR new feature, but it would have to be something really significant and game changing.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Ugh.

I'm honestly at the point I don't want to play much at all until next friday. If the one rumor thread ends up being true and its a time travel focused expansion with Grom as the main antagonist, I may just let my sub lapse as a result. I may sound overly dramatic in saying so, but I simply have no interest in an expansion that would be little more than glorified fan-service and a continued horde circle-jerk.

I completely skipped cataclysm, so its not like it would be the first time for me.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Ugh.

I'm honestly at the point I don't want to play much at all until next friday. If the one rumor thread ends up being true and its a time travel focused expansion with Grom as the main antagonist, I may just let my sub lapse as a result. I may sound overly dramatic in saying so, but I simply have no interest in an expansion that would be little more than glorified fan-service and a continued horde circle-jerk.

I completely skipped cataclysm, so its not like it would be the first time for me.

Why would an expansion called Warlords of Draenor focus on time travel? Makes no sense. That rumor is just nonsense to me.

Lanigan

Neo Member
Why would an expansion called Warlords of Draenor focus on time travel? Makes no sense. That rumor is just nonsense to me.
Because Draenor was destroyed. Outland is pretty much a chunk of what's left of Draenor. Unless Alleria and Turalyon found a portal to another piece of Draenor or something like that, sound strange to name a expansion after a place that doesn't exists anymore.

mclem

Unless Alleria and Turalyon found a portal to another piece of Draenor or something like that,

Well, they're supposedly still alive, and they're not on the Outland we know, although their legacy is...

That said, what landmarks of Draenor could we visit that weren't covered in TBC?

It makes a whole lot of sense when you look at it with the alleged Chinese leak earlier, which mentioned a lot of characters that are dead.

Also, the Timeless Isle and the Timewalkers in 5.4 was pretty clearly foreshadowing something. In particular,
Anduin (or someone disguised as him, maybe Wrathion) seemingly freeing Garrosh.

Good videos on this here and here.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah, the specific chinese leak with grom and timetravel does seem pretty lame to me. I'm much more interested in seeing what's going on in the twisted nether after the events of burning crusade, not decades before. And as others have pointed out, going from the badguy garrosh xpac straight to a badguy grom xpac is just dumb.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Because Draenor was destroyed. Outland is pretty much a chunk of what's left of Draenor. Unless Alleria and Turalyon found a portal to another piece of Draenor or something like that, sound strange to name a expansion after a place that doesn't exists anymore.

They keep talking like they were gonna fix the planet in one of the books.

It's still draenor to the orcs. It's just as likely they do a Cataclysm style revamp but make the entire continent 90-100, and move 60-70 somewhere else.

I mean, even brand new characters without heirlooms get to 70 in Hellfire, that continent needs some major attention.

Lanigan

Neo Member
They keep talking like they were gonna fix the planet in one of the books.

It's still draenor to the orcs. It's just as likely they do a Cataclysm style revamp but make the entire continent 90-100, and move 60-70 somewhere else.

I mean, even brand new characters without heirlooms get to 70 in Hellfire, that continent needs some major attention.
Yeah, but even with a revamp it would feel odd leveling on pretty much the same place a second time on the same toon.

Unless they pull a Cataclysm and new zones start popping out of nowhere.

Hmm. Pretty interesting, though I'm not really following all of it. Sort of agree with the poster who said "Felt like I read the ramblings of a mentally unstable patient" :lol

Can't wait 'till Blizzcon to see if any of this stuff is real or not.

There was a post later that seemed like someone made sense of most of it.

Either way, though, I think time travel or something time-related is a pretty safe bet for the next expansion. The Timeless Isle and the Timewalkers have clearly been leading up to it, especially the "Visions of Time." There's too much there for it to be a random sidestory.

I'm kinda torn. On one hand, time travel is probably gonna be really hard to explain in story and if done right, we're essentially just maintaining the timeline and the expansion is just filler and doesn't actually advance the story.
On the other hand, it would be really rad to experience a lot of the older events and see characters like Grom, Gul'Dan, Turalyon, Alleria, etc in WoW.

RPGCrazied

Why do I have a feeling if its about time travel, we go to Draenor before its ripped apart and turns into outlands. Like prevent that from happening? And I don't want Grom to be the main villain. I don't mind if he is around, just not the big bad guy. Should be Kil'Jaeden.

Cipherr

Im not sure why people think time travel would be a stretch at all... Theres a flash with someone freeing Garrosh right? Theres all this timeless isle stuff. They are definitely doing something with time in the next expansion

Why do I have a feeling if its about time travel, we go to Draenor before its ripped apart and turns into outlands. Like prevent that from happening? And I don't want Grom to be the main villain. I don't mind if he is around, just not the big bad guy. Should be Kil'Jaeden.

Now that would be awesome. What was it like before it became the outlands? Did ever show or detail it?

Dot50Cal

Banned
Obviously they can retcon how it looks based off that map. WoW had the world map change considerably from Warcraft 1 and 2.

I'd hope thats the case, considering it looks almost exactly how it does in outland right now and frankly that'd be boring if the lands were just separated by sea instead of nothingness.

ZenaxPure

Been doing nothing but Pokemon lately so I hadn't kept up with any news, just now going through MMOC, looks like they did in fact add the ability to scale down character levels inside dungeons after all, but, decided to not actually do anything with it (outside of implementing the tech).

Feel like that pretty much confirms it's going to be a thing next expansion at this point. Ilvl 43 legendary capes are cute as hell.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Been doing nothing but Pokemon lately so I hadn't kept up with any news, just now going through MMOC, looks like they did in fact add the ability to scale down character levels inside dungeons after all, but, decided to not actually do anything with it (outside of implementing the tech).

Feel like that pretty much confirms it's going to be a thing next expansion at this point. Ilvl 43 legendary capes are cute as hell.

A lot of it is still incomplete. I get the feeling that all the items have to be manually scaled down or something, and then there's the issue of still making content hard, since you'd basically be in heirlooms and defeat the purpose.

It's easier to think of it as them making a level 90 version of every dungeon, since you may have all the abilities at max level in the dungeons.

This is such a risky feature, 99% of the people will miss the point and bitch that it's not exactly like it was in Vanilla/BC/WotLK and the other 1% will get the point, and be pissed that they used it as distraction content.

CassSept

Just because it's called Warlords of Draenor doesn't mean it has to take place in Draenor. Sure, it may, but it's not a necessity. It just means it will feature characters from Draenor.

With Alleria and Turalyon's inclusion in tips in 5.0 it's pretty much confirmed they will finally appear in-game. They may do some lorelol and somehow resurrect Gul'dan or whatever (yeah I know Illidan had his skull but it's not really a dealbreaker in WoW lore). Maybe some ass-pull about clan of Draenei that escaped to a different planet during slaughter pre-Dark Portal opening (high time Draenei made another appearance). With how they completely retcon a huge chunk of lore in TBC there is honestly a ton of ways that it could go.

Tbh, more interesting question is if they will bring Illidan back. I know, he is more Outland than Draenor, but it seems like a good opportunity and Metzen mentioned wanting to do it.

Nokterian

Can anyone help me out with this if possible? I get a error message everytime when i click friends or guild from a UI what i am using saying that Blizzard UI having that function or something. Don't what to do or to fix!

profit

Can anyone help me out with this if possible? I get a error message everytime when i click friends or guild from a UI what i am using saying that Blizzard UI having that function or something. Don't what to do or to fix!

Download the UI again and just replace the files in your addon folder. That should fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom