• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.
time for people to start removing 'probably' from 'probably fake' whenever they see a 'blizzcon leak' from now until the end of next week. People didn't even accurately predict Starcraft II.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
GUYS I FOUND THE REAL LEAK

lkcBCaZh.jpg

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
fuck its gonna be a long week. I'm hypetraining hard for blizzcon usher in a new golden age of the MMO

or not lol

Fjordson

I haven't played a Warrior since the early days of BC, they can dual wield 2 handers these days right? Wondering if I should grab a second Arcanite Reaper BoA. Have 4k justice points just collecting dust on my hunter.

Anoregon

I haven't played a Warrior since the early days of BC, they can dual wield 2 handers these days right? Wondering if I should grab a second Arcanite Reaper BoA. Have 4k justice points just collecting dust on my hunter.

Yeah, fury warriors get titan grip sometime around the late 30's-mid 40's.

Measley

I'm betting on a new class this time around because of the model updates.

I just hope its not a demon hunter. I'd like my Warlock to get more Illidari abilities.

I just hope its not a demon hunter. I'd like my Warlock to get more Illidari abilities.

Locks already have like the best ability effects, pets, spell effects IMO.

I am really hoping for some good rogue changes, GC has said that rogues have been the least played class since launch and the number goes down every expansion. Personally, game needs more tanks, give rogues a tanking tree.

Anoregon

At this point in the game, there are a few large issues with implementing the classic Warcraft 3/illidan style demon hunter as a playable class. The main two are the fact that a lot of the iconic demon hunter abilities are already warlock skills, and the second being that the next new class pretty much has to be a ranged weapon user, and the warcraft demonhunters were always melee focused.

I wouldn't be surprised if they manage to invent a lore justification for some sort of ranged demonhunter offshoot that is somewhat similar to the Diablo 3 style demonhunter, though. Depending on what the next expansion ultimately is, it could either be some previously unknown Draenei or Orcish sect from pre-legion Draenor, or a new discipline that Alleria and Turaylon bring back from whatever shenanigans they've been up to on other alien worlds.

zulfate

all i care right now is that blizz implements more quality of life shit, there should be a ton of stuff thats account bound. including flight points, currencies, have some sort of follower like in d3 for single player leveling, i dont care just make the game easier to level please. i am crazy but i kinda want skills to be a bit minimal. i love that i have freedom to put whatever i want on my skill bars but just limit the amount of skills i have, i find myself clicking around sometimes because in certain exact moments i need a skill that is important enough for it to still be in my skill bar but generally dont need often, it frustrates me since i kinda like a clean UI.

EDIT: so i just got to pandaria for the first time ever lol, its almost night and day compared to the rest of WOW.

time for people to start removing 'probably' from 'probably fake' whenever they see a 'blizzcon leak' from now until the end of next week. People didn't even accurately predict Starcraft II.

Reminds me of everybody calling the D3 teaser a WoW expansion announcement.

Keeping an eye on this thread over the week for last-minute speculation. I may not play WoW anymore, but I'd be lying if I said this isn't Blizzard's chance to possibly reel me back in.

Slayerx

I broke my rule of never visiting Blizzard threads in gaming :(

Slowly farming my pet battle achievements, this will take a while.

Acidote

we just killed heroic garrosh us 1st on 10 man, right in time for blizcon

Congratulations!

My guild is still struggling on spoils HM, way behind schedule. There are already two guilds in our server with a Garrosh 10 HM kill since last week. If we didn't have so many problems with our roster we may have not killed him yet, but we would be closer!

Tacitus_

Congratulations!

My guild is still struggling on spoils HM, way behind schedule. There are already two guilds in our server with a Garrosh 10 HM kill since last week. If we didn't have so many problems with our roster we may have not killed him yet, but we would be closer!

How much are you raiding? My guild does 9 hours a week and we just got to Malk HC.

Dot50Cal

Banned
I don't get it, can someone who plays Pokemon and whatever that whale is explain?

Also, God damn Nightmare Asylum... Tons of call outs on their raiders who didn't perform!
http://na-guild.enjin.com/home

News post, looks like lots of drama!

I may or may not write a small blog post about how fucking terrible we were this tier, that remains to be seen. We lost about 10 raid days this tier due to DDOS Attacks on our members by elements within our own guild, bad recruits who slept through raids and don't have cell phones, and overall bad play from a few members that we expected better from. Even though we lost 10 days of raiding, during Klaxxi progression we did a huge restructure of our raid group mid-tier.

We replaced an under-performing tank with a competent one, we dropped a Shaman Healer from our roster who was irresponsible and I switched from Shadow to Discipline full-time, we kicked the Elemental Shaman who was DDOSing us -- preventing us from raiding several nights, and we had our star Enhancement Shaman Jkww return from a raiding hiatus to prog Garrosh with us as our 10th raider on roster. We managed to gear him up from 539 iLvL in two raid clears and he killed Heroic Garrosh with two 540 Weapons.

mclem

I don't get it, can someone who plays Pokemon and whatever that whale is explain?

Also, God damn Nightmare Asylum... Tons of call outs on their raiders who didn't perform!
http://na-guild.enjin.com/home

News post, looks like lots of drama!

How does kicking a player prevent them from DDOSing another? I assume we're talking about an out-of-game DDOS, 'cause an in-game DDOS would probably accrue much greater penalties.

Acidote

How much are you raiding? My guild does 9 hours a week and we just got to Malk HC.

Officially we raid Sunday to Thursday two hours each night. So 10 hours a week. Although we extend it if we see a boss is going to die in the next couple of tries or if we all are ok to clean as much as we can so we can start giving the next boss tries earlier.

mclem

I'm sort-of jealous of guilds that can afford to raid so little. We do fourteen hours a week - four chunks of 3:30 - but it's sort-of necessary given that our raiders tend to skew older and therefore generally have a few real-life things to contend with in a given night. It doesn't help that we're in a guild that spans several timezones (3 hours, I think), so it's asking quite a commitment from the eastern Europe ones to work at a time convenient to the British ones, and vice versa.

That said, we're progressing well at our own rate for our server (in the top 20, which is our general target these days), so it works for us - but the safest way to evade burnout is to avoid the game pretty much completely during the off-nights!

Anoregon

we just killed heroic garrosh us 1st on 10 man, right in time for blizcon

I'm kind of confused by that pic, why is it outside with airships? I've done the garrosh fight and other than the realm of y'shaarj teleports, it's underground.

Tacitus_

I'm sort-of jealous of guilds that can afford to raid so little. We do fourteen hours a week - four chunks of 3:30 - but it's sort-of necessary given that our raiders tend to skew older and therefore generally have a few real-life things to contend with in a given night. It doesn't help that we're in a guild that spans several timezones (3 hours, I think), so it's asking quite a commitment from the eastern Europe ones to work at a time convenient to the British ones, and vice versa.

That said, we're progressing well at our own rate for our server (in the top 20, which is our general target these days), so it works for us - but the safest way to evade burnout is to avoid the game pretty much completely during the off-nights!

Same here, I think our age averages out in the mid 30s :p
It's a bit of a bitch to find out that our main two tanks and a healer all have evening shifts on a raid night.

I'm kind of confused by that pic, why is it outside with airships? I've done the garrosh fight and other than the realm of y'shaarj teleports, it's underground.

Heroic only phase I believe.

Acidote

That's pretty much the trouble we're having on our roster. We have people with young children, hospital workers with their shift changes sometimes, another one that works on a night club and raids before he goes to work, etc

Wubby

Apparently my realm has been cross-linked with Frostmane. Poor Frostmane, they are only getting 10 players max from my realm lol. Tortheldrin is 2nd from last on wowprogress.

Bizazedo

Do you guys switch people in and out a lot? Like not a consistent 10 man? I only ask because 14 hours is a lot of time.

mclem

Do you guys switch people in and out a lot? Like not a consistent 10 man? I only ask because 14 hours is a lot of time.

As said, we're constrained by schedules. I'd say there's maybe five players we can absolutely rely on to both attend and be able to stay for the entire evening. There's some who can only guarantee presence before 9pm (our scheduled break); some who can only do so afterwards. There's people who might have every intent to raid with us, but their crappy internet packs in. My cotank can only do three out of four days, I spend the fourth usually with an alt-tank.

Heroic's got nothin' on the planning, diplomacy and scheduling required here! :)

(As an aside, I do keep toying with the notion that there's potentially a game based around running a guild. Should I ever return to games coding, I might pursue that notion)

Anoregon

New class is totally gonna be "Void Ranger", a ranged branch of Ethereals that hunt demons and their hated void enemies throughout the twisted nether.

my friend's grandpa knows a woman at the retirement home who's son went to high school with chris metzen, so my info is pretty solid.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Possible leak (another from MapleEve at MMO-Champion, who also posted some cryptic details from a Chinese localization staff member). Regarding the timeline in Warlords of Draenor:

THIS XPACK IS ABOUT AN ALTERNATIVE TIMELINE.
If it's all about old RTS story, it's not so exciting then.
Let me get this straight.

Patch 5.5 World Event
Collapse of The Time

Hellscream jailbroken from the jail by a mysterious human.
The book "Rishen of the Horde" is the key.

时魂之钟,铜龙军团的瑰宝,它作用于平衡时间线,使它们永远在平 行之路上而不互相交触,当这个瑰宝毁灭之时,我们的时间线将无法 再次保持平衡而最终会撞向另一条离我们最近的时间线上。 而你,大酋长,我要将你送回到那条即将与我们碰撞时间线的过去, 组建真正的钢铁部落,当两条时间线碰撞之时,就是你重返荣耀之刻 。 “你的目的何在?为什么我要帮助我?“ ”我有我的理由,但是我绝对不会妨碍你,在这个世界的将来不会, 在那个世界的过去亦不会.....
Patch 6.0
Warlords of Draenor

With someone's help, G Hellscream back to Draenor.

Raid 1: Cavern of Felmyst Boss: Gul'dan
Raid 2: Fall of the Karabor Temple Boss: Grom Hellscream
Raid 3: Dark Secret of Terokk Boss: Terokk

The Warsong Clan is the storyline key of this patch.
New Ally Camp:
Time Travellers Leader: Medivh
Heart of Draenor Leader: Ner'zhul and Durotan
Horde/Alliance Army
Sands of Time Soul Leader: Zhaladuomu

Patch 6.1

The Ancient Power of The Earth Warder

New Ally Camp:
Wing of Anzu
Wing of Dark

Final Raid: N/A

The Warsong is now ruling the planet without Demon Blood. And Garrosh is building the New Horde.
The next plan --- Death Wing.

Patch 6.2
Rise of The Black Prince

Raid: Lair of Deathwing Final Boss: Neltharion (Human Form)

找到了死亡之翼巢穴的兽人氏族准备向耐萨里奥发起总攻,并捕获耐 萨里奥化作部落的绝对战力。 在这看似不可能的任务之下,加罗什却有着特殊的信心,而这信心正 来自于七首亚刹极的记忆...... 黑王子正等着对自己的最后试炼,一条战胜对死亡的恐惧与获得真正 的荣耀的道路。

Patch 6.3
The True Horde

战歌部落最终杀死了耐萨里奥,虽然这不是最理想的结果,而加洛什 也获得了耐萨里奥身上残存着的一部分上古之神力量。 在战歌真正统一了德拉诺,浴血了死亡之翼之后,战歌氏族正式改名 为铁血部落。 而离加洛什的最终计划,也只有一步之遥

Patch 6.4
Fall of Hellscreams

Last Stand of The Eastern Kingdom
The biggest Raid Dungeon ever in WoW history and alternative raid between Horde and Alliance.

Alliance Line:
Part 1: Fall of Stormwind Boss: W Saurfang
Part 2 : A Bloody Path
Part 3 : End of the Tyrant Boss: Garrosh Hellscream

Horde Line:
Part 1: A Brave Moment Boss: W Saurfang
Part 2: Fall of Grom Boss: Grom
Part 3: End of the Tyrant Boss: Garrosh Hellscream

Patch 6.5
The Origin

Plot Battle: Ascension & Downfall

This is known new stuff form the same solid source of my last spoiler.
Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ne-new-raid-from-5-5-World-Event-to-Patch-6-5

Doesn't seem too farfetched.

Anoregon

It seems incredibly farfetched, because having Garrosh be the end boss of raids 2 xpacs in a row would be the botch of the century.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom