• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGCrazied

I really hope time travel isn't in this new expansion. I don't want to have another orc villain. Does burning legion have a homeworld? We should go there.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
I would hope that when we reach LEVEL FUCKING 100 we would finally be kicking Kiljaedan's ass!

didn't we.. do this already? He was just 'coming out of a portal' and we 'just stopped' him, i guess, but still. Burning Legion xpac is go big or go home, Sargeras all the way!

didn't we.. do this already? He was just 'coming out of a portal' and we 'just stopped' him, i guess, but still. Burning Legion xpac is go big or go home, Sargeras all the way!

Exactly, we have only stopped KJ from coming to Azeroth. Fighting KJ head on in it's full form will be Epic and a big blow to Sargeras. For that we would travel to the twisting Nether and take the fight to the BL.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Rather interesting evening as someone whos been following all of the pre-expansion hysteria (mostly for shits and giggles, but hey).

So this was posted on the story forums earlier today.

No new class or races. All of this is pre demon blood so no humans with the draenei being the main Alliance force. Garrosh goes back in time and stops his father from drinking the demons blood and Gul'dan is banished. He brings technology from the current time to reinforce the Horde. Ner'zhul uses this and rises to power once more to try and gain Garrosh's trust in the....Iron Horde. The Iron Horde forbids demon magic but it's pretty likely Gul'dan may end up summoning the Legion still even on his own. We get there via the Timewalkers. I dunno how exactly Garrosh gets to the past yet. But his escape is explained in a upcoming short story with the start being his trial. Garrosh says he regrets nothing while laughing crazily but Anduin still believes he can be redeemed. Baine wants to personally execute Garrosh and Jaina is still her raging self. Eventually it comes to that scene we see in that Timeless Isle quest with Anduin talking to Garrosh. I dunno the rest of the story yet but it's likely Anduin and Zaela help Garrosh escape. 5.5 was to be 2 scenario's showing Garrosh's escape but since they are short on time 5.5 was scrapped for the above story with maybe parts ending up in 6.0. It was also to tie into the Timeless Isle. The ORIGINAL story for the expansion was that Garrosh was banished to Outland but managed to get a artifact of Nozdormu. He used the artifact to summon the great heroes of the Horde and then 're makes' Draenor with the artifact pulling in new landmasses that just tears things up more. This was later scrapped for time travel. The Alliance start in Shadowmoon and their capital is Karabor which is similar to Terokkar now. Karabor looks like how it does in the TBC trailer with Akama but brighter. The Horde starting zone is a new zone west of Blade's Edge in the Frost Wolf Homelands where their capital is a captured Ogre stronghold city. The zone itself is a tundra. Netherstorm is Faralon but will be released in a future patch. Hellfire is a jungle where Garrosh is constructing the Dark Portal so he can invade Azeroth and 'make things right'. Zangar is a sea full of giant mushrooms. Shattrath is taken over by the Iron Horde and is a raid along with Auchindoun being a dungeon/raid. The other raids are The Blackrock Clan Citadel and a Ogre Stronghold. The first dungeon is in the Horde starting zone and is a Ogre Dungeon Cave where we rescue slaves. The zone south of Terrokkar is the capital of the Arrakoa and is where their palace is located. It's like Terokkar but has a LOT more tree houses and flying Arrakoa. Maybe they end up doing something with their Old God. There's some new tiger race as well but no details. The Iron Horde has dominated the Gronn and uses them as giant siege mounts similar to the mammoths in LotR. The 'Warlords' are all the chieftains of the old Horde with Durotan being the only good guy. Some of the main heroes of the expansion are Velen (dunno if its Velen meeting himself or just past Velen), Maarad, Vol'jin, Thrall, Durotan, and some dwarf and tauren. There's a continent southwest of Draenor which is the homeland of the Ogres.

It was also posted over on Scrolls of Lore, which lead to it being deleted within 30 seconds and the poster being PMed by a mod to "never do that again". Not too long after it was deleted from the story forums, which is something blizzard pretty much never does.

...Fuck. Don't let this be true. Don't let this be true.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Rather interesting evening as someone whos been following all of the pre-expansion hysteria (mostly for shits and giggles, but hey).

It was also posted over on Scrolls of Lore, which lead to it being deleted within 30 seconds and the poster being PMed by a mod to "never do that again". Not too long after it was deleted from the story forums, which is something blizzard pretty much never does.

Please, please, please don't be true. Completely kills my hype for the next expansion if so. No new class. No new race. And then on top of that we get pandas 2.0 with more garrosh and his true horde? PLEASE NO! Has to be fake.

1) rehash garrosh? check.
2) rehash outland? check.
3) rehash pandas storyline? check.
4) time travel plot? check.

kill it with fire

traveler

Not Wario
I don't get it. They had plenty of obvious directions to take this expansion- in locale, story, villains, new races, new classes, etc. Why go for something so completely harebrained?

I'm still looking forward to it. The story of the Warcraft universe has been shit for a long time. I've stopped caring for the most part. Aside from being a filler arc, MoP has been fantastic. Definitely hyped for the next expansion, whatever direction it takes the story in.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I don't get it. They had plenty of obvious directions to take this expansion- in locale, story, villains, new races, new classes, etc. Why go for something so completely harebrained?

Because Metzen has turned into the George Lucas of video game writing? Back when he had others to bounce his ideas off of/work with him things were alright. But now that hes so high up that no one is willing to tell him no, we get stuck with shit like the plot for SC2 and potentially this.

Dot50Cal

Banned
We got spoils down in a special 2 hour raid night tonight, first time! Tanks got the pattern down now, and despite one side having a healer who went windwalker spec and was doing 62k, we still got it.

Logs:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u7v7o119hxsy0ie7/

We're extending next week so we'll have a lot of time on Thok, yay! We'll probably run into issues with how caster heavy our comp is.

Sounds like something Metzen would come up with. Can't wait for friday.

Slayerx

Don't really care much about story (mostly about general feel) but the concept of exploring a new world is really exciting. Draenor will look completely different and will be much bigger than Outland. Vast majority of zones will have nothing at all in common with their Outland versions. I'm guessing anyway. Seems like a lot of work though.

Don't really care much about story (mostly about general feel) but the concept of exploring a new world is really exciting. Draenor will look completely different and will be much bigger than Outland. Vast majority of zones will have nothing at all in common with their Outland versions. I'm guessing anyway. Seems like a lot of work though.
Yeah, going through Draenor before it exploded would be fun. Some of the zone descriptions in that story leak (if true) sound pretty cool.

CassSept

I would not trust any leak, no matter how legitimate they sounds. We're just before BlizzCon and we are being flooded by fakes. Blizzard is very secretive, they rarely let anything leak and most of leaks that were partly right were just educated guesses (not really that hard).

This one is doubtful since they won't announce any patch roadplan that early (after how much had fallen through during Cata I doubt they will make any sweeping statements about future raids. My poor, poor WotA) and new ideas pop up constantly (e.g. Battlefield Barrens was a filler that popped up as an experiment during MoP cycle). Doubt anything right now would be true in any way.

Fjordson

Yeah, I kinda agree.

I mean I won't lie, if everything in Zerokku's post turns out to be true I'll be slightly disappointed, but it won't be a make or break thing for me.

Rokam

To me it just seems like filler, and after all the build up we got of a possible burning legion invasion and titans getting fucked up. It'd be a giant disappointment for it to just be a time travel expansion. I just hope that time travel is just a small portion or just 1 patch.

Acidote

That sounds like a filler expansion that pushes further away any advancement on the Legion/Outland lore. I don't see them doing two Outland/Burning Legion xpacs in a row

They really don't want to tell us what happened to Turalyon and Alleria.

mclem

Okay, spoils last night...

What situations could cause a Pandaren monk tank to be meleed for 600k? By an ordinary enemy (I think it was the Klaxxi priest at one point)? We had two wipes because my cotank took a massive hit and we had no idea why.

Logs aren't terribly helpful as far as I can tell because they seem to present a crit for 0 damage - or is that something unusual about the way Stagger works?

If it *is* a random crit, what could cause it? I do wonder if he was sitting down during the fight, but I can't think of any reason that would be the case other than someone remapping his keys without informing him...

Fjordson

To me it just seems like filler, and after all the build up we got of a possible burning legion invasion and titans getting fucked up. It'd be a giant disappointment for it to just be a time travel expansion. I just hope that time travel is just a small portion or just 1 patch.
It would be a bit odd. I just finished the legendary cloak questline last week and Wrathion seemed to be dropping some heavy hints about the Burning Legion returning in some fashion. I'll be surprised if all that amounts to nothing next expansion.

Robin64

Maybe the Burning Legion does come back, and in such force that they absolutely destroy the shit out of Azeroth. The only solution left is time to travel to stop it ever happening!

Okay, spoils last night...

What situations could cause a Pandaren monk tank to be meleed for 600k? By an ordinary enemy (I think it was the Klaxxi priest at one point)? We had two wipes because my cotank took a massive hit and we had no idea why.

Logs aren't terribly helpful as far as I can tell because they seem to present a crit for 0 damage - or is that something unusual about the way Stagger works?

If it *is* a random crit, what could cause it? I do wonder if he was sitting down during the fight, but I can't think of any reason that would be the case other than someone remapping his keys without informing him...

One of the small mantids enrage, and apply a stacking armor debuff on the tank.

edit:

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
It would be a bit odd. I just finished the legendary cloak questline last week and Wrathion seemed to be dropping some heavy hints about the Burning Legion returning in some fashion. I'll be surprised if all that amounts to nothing next expansion.

Maybe its just a tease for the expansion coming after the next one... that would be kind of stupid though.

I really hope all these "leaks" are bullshit.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
All the leaks are highly suspect, and other than the actual name "Warlords of Draenor" there is really no reason to take anything showing up on any forums seriously, even though it is fun from a sort of hypothetical/brainstorming perspective.

That being said, I refuse to even consider the option of no new race or class. That would be such a monstrous fuck up on Blizzard's part, and I would hope they recognize that. I can obviously see the old model revamp as a legitimate reason to not add a new race, but also having no new class would make the xpac disappointing from the gate. And I mean actually mechanically/gameplay disappointment, not "I don't like pandas" setting-centric disappointment.

Maybe its just a tease for the expansion coming after the next one... that would be kind of stupid though.

I really hope all these "leaks" are bullshit.

One of the reasons I'm fairly certain it will be for this xpac is because I remember seeing an interview (I don't remember where or with which Blizzard employee specifically, sorry) where it was stated that they almost did an entirely different expansion before changing their minds and going with Pandaria. If that expansion-that-wasn't was ultimately what Warlords of Draenor became, that means they would have potentially had a lot more of it's overall direction and content plotted out during the previous expansion (mists, in this case) than at any other point in WoW's development cycle.

Rokam

Managed to finish the pvp portion of the legendary questline, only took 1 Mines, and like 5-6 temples. Now to find a group to do kill the horde guy. Wish I had picked up a one hand and shield while gearing up...

Scratch that easily soloable as ret.

Boogdud

Part of me wonders if this is misdirection in it's finest form. The other part of me slaps that part of me, and says 'this is Metzen we're talking about".

Despite Boubo's comment, I'm still weary about WoD definitely being the next expansion. It's this line:
Downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs

That has me thinking this is possibly a misdirection to the actual WoW expansion, and WoD is just the first set of new cards for Hearthstone. The MoP and Cataclysm trademarks were registered months before Blizzcon, whereas this came just a week before. I'm suspicious that they'd slip up after staying airtight for so long.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
For blizzard's sake I hope this shit is all fake. Judging by the overall response from those of us why enjoy the story... this would not go over well.

That has me thinking this is possibly a misdirection to the actual WoW expansion, and WoD is just the first set of new cards for Hearthstone. The MoP and Cataclysm trademarks were registered months before Blizzcon, whereas this came just a week before. I'm suspicious that they'd slip up after staying airtight for so long.

Could me Mobile pet battles becoming an actual thing, which is something they've talked about iirc.

McNei1y

I always like speculation. It's an interesting take on fans perspectives of the lore. While I, like many of you, hope that wall of text of a leak is false, I'll still play it if true. At least we'll know for certain what the game is come Friday but I've always enjoyed the days leading up to the official announcement because of all the imaginations out there.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I honestly just want updated models, and the same transmog system as Diablo 3.

It woud be nice if I didn't have to farm that Naxx raid sword(Armageddon) on different melee characters for transmog purposes. If one character got it, it should be unlocked for all your account.

I'd love to play a low lvl warrior with an Armageddon lol.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I can't help but feel they'd want to release Hearthstone before promoting new cards for it, though.

They could easily release it by the end of the year (or essentially do so with an open beta a la DOTA2). Trademarks don't have to be used right away after all. A set could be 6-9 months away for all we know.

(For the record I do think it's a wow expansion, but just saying)

mclem

To be fair, they announced two expansion packs for SC2 two years before release.

Well, I'd argue that that's more down to the fact that there was an expectation of what SC2 would entail (i.e. three distinct campaigns) and they felt required to detail how exactly they'd be bringing that about.

The point is sound, however.

Well, I'd argue that that's more down to the fact that there was an expectation of what SC2 would entail (i.e. three distinct campaigns) and they felt required to detail how exactly they'd be bringing that about.

The point is sound, however.

It is a bit of a weird case, I agree. I think Hearthstone's going to be a different case since the game will just smoothly transition from open beta to release, whereas past betas ended for a few weeks/a month and stats were reset before the game launched. The promise of new cards soon will keep people on board, at least.

The Battle.net beta profile image for WoW just changed from MoP to a picture of Thrall, just like the Diablo 3 one changed to RoS.

Warlords of Draenor beta sooner than expected?

e: turns out its just generic picture that has been used before, hopefully beta is still soon though

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The Battle.net beta profile image for WoW just changed from MoP to a picture of Thrall, just like the Diablo 3 one changed to RoS.

Warlords of Draenor beta sooner than expected?

I'm already in the beta man where you been? These level 100 raids are the shit.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
All the leaks are highly suspect, and other than the actual name "Warlords of Draenor" there is really no reason to take anything showing up on any forums seriously, even though it is fun from a sort of hypothetical/brainstorming perspective.

That being said, I refuse to even consider the option of no new race or class. That would be such a monstrous fuck up on Blizzard's part, and I would hope they recognize that. I can obviously see the old model revamp as a legitimate reason to not add a new race, but also having no new class would make the xpac disappointing from the gate. And I mean actually mechanically/gameplay disappointment, not "I don't like pandas" setting-centric disappointment.

One of the reasons I'm fairly certain it will be for this xpac is because I remember seeing an interview (I don't remember where or with which Blizzard employee specifically, sorry) where it was stated that they almost did an entirely different expansion before changing their minds and going with Pandaria. If that expansion-that-wasn't was ultimately what Warlords of Draenor became, that means they would have potentially had a lot more of it's overall direction and content plotted out during the previous expansion (mists, in this case) than at any other point in WoW's development cycle.

I tend to agree. They've only had one expansion where there wasn't a new "class" (if you consider Horde Paladins/Alli Shamans), and that was consensus worst one.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I honestly just want updated models, and the same transmog system as Diablo 3.

It's why I'm hesitant to make more alts. For all I know, I could fall in love with a new model for a race I don't like. Like I hate the Undead design, but if they made it a little bulkier, it could be awesome.

And whatever they do, new female dwarf models need more short haircuts. It's a rip that I can't give my huntress a big old Warhammer sytle mohawk, a shaved head, or a pixie cut.

RPGCrazied

Warlords of Draenor was trademarked in the US now. Pretty positive that is the title of the next expansion. Now wether or not the rumors of time travel are true, at least we know the title.

Though could they be doing this to throw us off? Is trademarking a title expensive to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom