• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

Finally got the cloak, feels gooooooood. First legendary.

Also got my cape today. Came close to not getting the final item to drop, but it did. Tossed in the two guaranteed drops from Lei Shen and Sha and got my cape. Freeloaded on 4 Celestial kills in a row and got my legendary. Knocked out Ordos for the first time and got a chest piece. Just really glad to have that quest line done. At 542 ilvl on my Disc priest with not a single Flex or Normal raid done. Nothing but LFR Burdens in Timeless pieces and Ordos/Celestial drops.

Its sooooooo much easier to build a moderately decent character in the game without serious raiding than it used to be. Lends itself well to casual play.

Robin64

Sub-races would be cool. I mean, the Taunka are supposed to be part of the Horde, but none of them came back to Kalimdor with the Northrend expedition? Not a single one? Silly.

mclem

No way do we lose current Outland. Old Draenor will be an entirely different thing.

[fanfic]
Maybe we don't go back in time, but pre-Outland Draenor comes forward in time and coexists with Outland!

Then Garrosh kills his grandfather, Nozdormu has a tizzy, the end.
[/fanfic]

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Seriously. Akama and the Eredar look so badass, the draenai... not so much. I really wish they'd just make an expac and introduce sub races--i.e. different types of trolls, orc (mag'hars), broken draenai, etc...

What would humans, night elves, gnomes, etc get?

Unless every race had equal stuff, people would bitch soooooo much.

We'll be lucky if they update the vanilla stuff and get a few new hairstyles imo.

Robin64

We'll be lucky if they update the vanilla stuff and get a few new hairstyles imo.

Gnomes would get Mechanognomes.

Humans, I dunno, maybe Vrykul. Small.. friendly.. ones.

Yeah, okay, it's not completely simple, but still.

Sadsic

Orc - mok'nathal
Troll - other tribes of troll in the horde
Forsaken - maybe other undead races in the forsaken besides human?
Tauren - taunka
Blood elves - wretched elves
Goblins - gilgoblins
Humans - half elves
Night elves - high elves
Dwarves - dark iron dwarves
Gnomes - mechagnomes
Draenei - broken draenei
Worgen - even more cursed worgen lol

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Two more days until we know for sure what the expansion is... when exactly is that going to happen in the EST timezone?

Boogdud

Man, I remember when I first heard about Burning Crusade and that the Draenei would be playable, and I was so hyped because Akama was one of my favorite characters in the WC3 campaign with Illidan. Then we got weird barrel chested things and space Kardashians

I want proper Broken Draenei models implemented.

This so hard. Actually now that I think about it, the loss of the 'real' draenei from TBC was the exact same letdown feel that I'm getting from this time travel stuff if true. They really ARE remaking TBC again!

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Today is Blizzard's 3rd Quarter conference call.

Wonder how much subs have declined/If we'll get any new expansion info.

And here I thought oqueue would solve my timezone raiding problems. Try to join a flex 1, get invited, find out it's an eastern guild just finishing wing 1 and about to queue for wing 2. c'mon leaders, instead of focusing on making sure there's a '!' and about 15 spaces in front of your oqueue title how about some useful info like your timezone so I don't get screwed...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Orc - mok'nathal
Troll - other tribes of troll in the horde
Forsaken - maybe other undead races in the forsaken besides human?
Tauren - taunka
Blood elves - wretched elves
Goblins - gilgoblins
Humans - half elves
Night elves - high elves
Dwarves - dark iron dwarves
Gnomes - mechagnomes
Draenei - broken draenei
Worgen - even more cursed worgen lol
The high elf models all got replaced by Blood Elf models, so it wouldn't really be an offspring of Night Elves. I mean, people are going to bitch regardless, so no, they wouldn't have to implement sub-races for every race. Taunka, Dragonmaw, Mok'nathal, Dark Iron, Broken, and Mechagnomes would be possible. Humans they could add those Scholomance looking dudes with the face tattoos. Wildhammers NEED to happen. Should have forced all Dwarf Shaman to be Wildhammer

I'd make a Mechagnome just to call it Data.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I hope alliance never get high elves because it's a stupid idea and everyone who wants it is a doodoo brain.

Bisnic

I hope alliance never get high elves because it's a stupid idea and everyone who wants it is a doodoo brain.

How is it stupid when there is already High Elves npcs in the Alliance?

The only stupid thing is that High/Blood Elves would now be the same as Pandaren. Same race, same animations, except with blue or green eyes depending on faction. That, and Blizzard would need to find a new Horde race, while leaving Alliance with nothing really new.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The fact that high elves even exist as a unique entity is itself pretty stupid, imo. Blood elves completely represent their entire culture and racial history. The only remaining "high elves" are either just butthurt that the rest of their race was pragmatic enough to join the Horde after the Alliance basically wrote them off, or are just following the lead of the handful of leaders who have specific personal ties to people in the alliance. (Silver covenant, for example)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ogre would be cool but only if they looked like Cho'Gall's ogres and not the old models. Which would mean they'd have to be bigger than Tauren (Though not too big) which they wouldn't do because they'd have to redo all their doors. Though the idea of Warlock Ogres having two heads is awesome.

Furbolg skins for Pandaren because Furbolgs are far more interesting than Pandarens and there's already clans allied with the Alliance. And it would give Alliance another Druid race.

Anoregon

Do alliance need another druid race? They have the same amount as the horde.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Do alliance need another druid race? They have the same amount as the horde.

Almost all of the class restrictions in WoW are totally arbitrary (e.g. have hand-waved lore justification) and add nothing to the gameplay or interest of the game. We might as well have Tauren Rogues, Orc Paladins and Human Druids.

Anoregon

They don't really bother me, other than the fact that, as a Horde player, I can never get a paladin past like 20 because I don't like either race option. I like tauren conceptually, but I just can't stand playing them with their current model. They need the most help from the model revamp imo.

Anoregon

Troll Paladin, yo. Harnessing dat loa power.

Bisnic

I've recently made a new Alliance Shaman, but I wanted something different than a race i'm already using with my 2 mains(dwarf & draenei), something like night elf or human that I don't have yet.

But nope, had to make another dwarf. Didn't want another female draenei(and lol nope at male draeneis) and i don't like pandas. Oh well.... dwarves are cool at least.

Robin64

Troll Paladin, yo. Harnessing dat loa power.

There's a troll boss in one of the Isle of Thunder scenarios, Arcanital Tula'chek, who is basically a paladin. He has Arcanital's Spark, which hits an enemy with Holy damage, Waves of Light, which is another Holy damage spell and can pop wings.

That felt to me like the introduction to them, like how we saw a few hints to the new race/class combos at the end of WotLK.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There's a troll boss in one of the Isle of Thunder scenarios, Arcanital Tula'chek, who is basically a paladin. He has Arcanital's Spark, which hits an enemy with Holy damage, Waves of Light, which is another Holy damage spell and can pop wings.

That felt to me like the introduction to them, like how we saw a few hints to the new race/class combos at the end of WotLK.

I don't even understand the purpose of Blizzard saying that some race can't be Paladins when they can be fucking priests.

Tacitus_

Paladins were originally knights, so I could see there being a restriction for races that don't have warriors, but have priests, but there is no such race any more after BElves got the option. Forsaken don't worship the Light though, so they wouldn't get paladins. Maybe Death Knights, but that's out of the question now too after WC3 repurposed the name.

Robin64

Paladins were originally knights, so I could see there being a restriction for races that don't have warriors, but have priests, but there is no such race any more after BElves got the option. Forsaken don't worship the Light though, so they wouldn't get paladins. Maybe Death Knights, but that's out of the question now too after WC3 repurposed the name.

Blood Elves didn't worship the Light either, they just took it. Thing is, there have to be a number of Forsaken who were Paladins in life.

Not sure I would say the Draenei worship the Light either. They commune with the Naaru and venerate them directly. Definite respect and reverence.

Boogdud

I used to think like this too. Then they started calling the undead the 'forsaken' in the beta and let them be holy priests. Later they made the draenai into giant blueberries in spaceships, and on and on.

Anything is up for grabs. Hell they've said themselves they no longer shape the game to the lore, they shape the lore to the game. (I tried to find that quote to post and couldn't, but read it just a few weeks ago and it made me fairly sad, even though I understand)

Tacitus_

Blood Elves didn't worship the Light either, they just took it. Thing is, there have to be a number of Forsaken who were Paladins in life.

Not sure I would say the Draenei worship the Light either. They commune with the Naaru and venerate them directly. Definite respect and reverence.

I used to think like this too. Then they started calling the undead the 'forsaken' in the beta and let them be holy priests. Later they made the draenai into giant blueberries in spaceships, and on and on.

Anything is up for grabs. Hell they've said themselves they no longer shape the game to the lore, they shape the lore to the game. (I tried to find that quote to post and couldn't, but read it just a few weeks ago and it made me fairly sad, even though I understand)

They took it until Sumwell retconned it to "I let you drain me on purpose, lolz". Their priests did worship the light though.
And the space goats are just silly. The less we talk about them, the better.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I always thought Orcs made more sense as Paladins than Taurens. With Warlocks already hanging around, I get the sense that Orcs will try anything once

pantsmith

They took it until Sumwell retconned it to "I let you drain me on purpose, lolz". Their priests did worship the light though.
And the space goats are just silly. The less we talk about them, the better.

To be fair, the Sunwell was rejuvenated by a being of raw holy energy. If they didn't have access to or a reason to revere the light before, they do now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Honestly, the only expansion race I really love are the Goblins. Less Elves the better, but I guess they fit in for the grand scheme of things. They're different at least. Loved the idea of Worgens, hated how they ended up looking. Draenei are my absolute least favorite, continue to look completely out of place. Pandas would be fine as an Alliance race, but them being cross faction, they just look real out of place on the Horde to me.

Plus, oh an anthropomorphic race that values peace and tranquility. Yeah, we already have one of those on the Horde.

Angry Grimace

Forsaken Priests and Forsaken Warriors exist though. The lore is that Forsaken Priests can channel the light, its just horribly painful, hence the Priests.

The problem with the "Channel the Light" thing is that Priests channel the Light the same as Paladins do; its not a distinct force.

RPGCrazied

Lol, I'm to poor to go. Who is going to veg on GAF an watch the stream like me?

Woot, you get Murkalot now! Badass.

quh5.jpg

t6l1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom