• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
Haha I have to dispel people's nostalgia for Vanilla about 3 times a year these days.

Man, quests were so much better then. I remember having to run that Jailbreak quest 234134134134 times for potential Onyxia raiders, with about a 20% success rate because of glitching! SO MUCH FUN!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Remember in MC when a wipe usually meant you were done for the night.
Remember when you weren't on a large server and you had to combine guilds to do MC?

How many times can one man do ZG. More times than I'm comfortable admitting.

Miletius

Sorry to come in out of the blue but I read that they are adding the ability to scale down your level? Doing older 5 mans at the right level and with the appropriate power level is going to be awesome if its' true. I haven't played for years now, but I'd be down for that.

Tamanon

Banned
Sorry to come in out of the blue but I read that they are adding the ability to scale down your level? Doing older 5 mans at the right level and with the appropriate power level is going to be awesome if its' true. I haven't played for years now, but I'd be down for that.

I think it's already in the game, but you have to do a bootleg method to do it. But yeah, definitely getting added officially.

Fjordson

Furor back on WoW is good news I think. The world design and the quests from the Cataclysm changes were well done in my opinion.

Nugg

So that Star Wars 7 movie no one ever heard about is now coming out on the very same day as the Warcraft movie, more than two years from now. Is it going to be awkward?

Tamanon

Banned
So that Star Wars 7 movie no one ever heard about is now coming out on the very same day as the Warcraft movie, more than two years from now. Is it going to be awkward?

It's alright, both are going to get bumped again for production issues.

Touch

This game is fucking sickening. You know the Off Hand Warglaive, the one I already had, that dropped for my rogue this week? Well guess what decided to drop for my twink 70 hunter? The Main Hand. this is not a day later. I feel ill.

Ultratech

Got my Blood DK his 2pc Set for T16 the other night.

Damn, that's sexy.

Having up to 8-10 charges on a cast of Bone Shield is just awesome.

This game is fucking sickening. You know the Off Hand Warglaive, the one I already had, that dropped for my rogue this week? Well guess what decided to drop for my twink 70 hunter? The Main Hand. this is not a day later. I feel ill.

Ouch...that has to suck terrible.

RPGCrazied

Not legendaries, but I see this happen to me all the time. I have stuff drop on other alts meant for other characters I have. It is maddening. lol

mclem

Haha I have to dispel people's nostalgia for Vanilla about 3 times a year these days.

I do actually have a soft spot for attunement; it was nice to *earn* the rights to an instance. I say that in recognition, of course, with all the issues with getting everyone *else* caught up with attunement, but it'd be nice if there was some sort of happy medium,

mclem

On a similarish note, I feel for one of my guildies, who rolled on a boss today and got an item. Not just an item, a warforged item, no less!

A cloak.

lordmrw

Finally got around to making another transmog set. The current set I've been rocking for the past few months and was quite popular:

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q59/sayewonn/WoWScrnShot_101813_203458.jpg

is now:

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q59/sayewonn/WoWScrnShot_110613_210213.jpg

I wanted to go with something completely different on my rogue and use pieces that I already have in void storage. There's a better chest piece I'll end up using once I get enough honor points to buy it.

Boogdud

First I hear Tigole is back a few weeks ago and that was enough to give me shivers, now I see Furor is back too? I'm nervous as hell about the direction of the game, just when it was finally getting good for a normal person.

First I hear Tigole is back a few weeks ago and that was enough to give me shivers, now I see Furor is back too? I'm nervous as hell about the direction of the game, just when it was finally getting good for a normal person.

Tigole is back too? I hadn't heard that.

Incredible news if true.

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Can't believe how excited I am for Blizzcon this year. Mostly because of their one year sabbatical, but also because of how much I've enjoyed MoP. As I said I don't really care about the setting as long as the content is great. Give me Warlords of Draenor or give me The Dark Below, I'll take it either way (though I would have preferred TBD, like everyone else).

Into

Its kinda exciting to at least see Furor try "Creative Director" as he was mostly involved with quests before. What effect that has, who knows, we dont know the inner workings of these teams, Blizzard is more secretive than most.

Cipherr

Oh god no. Green Hills of Stranglethorn/Onyxia attunement chain V2, coming your way in 2014.

Thats not fair at all, cmon now. Theres a lot of stuff from vanilla thats dated now. I breezed through STV in vanilla because that shit wasn't NOTHING compared to other hardcore MMOs quests back then. But today it would be seen as unforgivable.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just made a goblin rogue, goblin warlock, and goblin hunter to level. I blame the Gob squad.

What are the best PVE specs for each? Still combat for rogue?

Skab

Swift White Hawkstrider finally just dropped for me off Kael. And on my birthday, too!

Clearly today will be a good day.

Kuntz

I really have to go back to farming those mounts/pets...
But it's so painful and disappointing, last 4 mounts I got, I bought them on the black market...

RNG

Dot50Cal

Banned
Just made a goblin rogue, goblin warlock, and goblin hunter to level. I blame the Gob squad.

What are the best PVE specs for each? Still combat for rogue?

You'd want to go Destruction for PVE leveling. It excells at low gear levels and is a very rewarding spec once you get chaos bolt.

Tacitus_

Whew, I just realized I don't have to pug flex anymore! I was only doing them to get new rings and I got both of my slots now upgraded to SoO rings <3

Rokam

So while grinding JP I realized I've never see one of the epic drops from the MoP heroics... probably a little too rare.

CassSept

Mmo-champion has a new WoD forum now. It's really happening.

What does the timer on MMO-C main site means? What is it ticking down to? I've been away from home for a week and I'm completely lost. 7h30m until opening ceremony? When does the WoW panel start? Edit: OK I'm trying to cool off, I completely didn't care about BlizzCon and a few minutes ago suddenly HYPE. WoW panel starts in 9 hours right?

Arrrghh hype hype hype hype HYPE :D And I just decided to quit several days ago, as a matter of fact my sub ends tomorrow :eek:

Jesus your crazy kids I M SO DRUNK right now lol was at the hitlton bar fir bklibbzon parting

:lol

Tamanon

Banned
http://kotaku.com/aint-no-wedding-like-an-incredible-world-of-warcraft-c-1460540639

Reader Craig was married in Taiwan the other day. His wedding, as you can probably guess from the headline and images, was not your normal, everyday nuptials.P

Craig and his wife Zoe went all-out to make their special day a World of Warcraft extravaganza, both forgoing the standard suits-and-white-dress garb to instead tie the knot in complete - and completely fantastic - WoW cosplay.P

Even their after-wedding photos were taken in the outfits. That's some dedication right there.P

For the record, Craig is dressed as King Varien Wrynn, while Zoe is cosplaying as Tyrande Whisperwind.P

Surprisingly good looking replicas and people. Those Varian shoulders look pretty hilarious though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Mmo-champion has a new WoD forum now. It's really happening.

What does the timer on MMO-C main site means? What is it ticking down to? I've been away from home for a week and I'm completely lost. 7h30m until opening ceremony? When does the WoW panel start? Edit: OK I'm trying to cool off, I completely didn't care about BlizzCon and a few minutes ago suddenly HYPE. WoW panel starts in 9 hours right?

Arrrghh hype hype hype hype HYPE :D And I just decided to quit several days ago, as a matter of fact my sub ends tomorrow :eek:

:lol
They will announce the new expansion at the free opening ceremony though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
less than 1 hour guys, gotta be very interesting to see a new CGI movie

CGI movie for what? The Diablo III trailer already leaked and doesn't have a CGI movie and the CGI movie for the expansion won't be out until a month or so before the expansion hits.

If the story really ends up being something to do with Garrosh traveling back in time I'm going to murder someone and write Blizzard an angry letter in blood.

*breathes

OK maybe.

Only maybe.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Hahaha, the intro to Blizzcon had the Draenor logo in the background. Warlords of Draenor confirmed for the 50th time.

[edit]

Someone on MMO-C got a screenshot.

wWv50UH.png

CassSept

Edit: ^haha, that's hilarious, can't believe they let that slip

They will announce the new expansion at the free opening ceremony though.

Oh that's how it was? I honestly can't remember. 2 years ago at MoP reveal I was my all-time don't-care-about-WoW high, 4 years ago at Cata reveal I was at a music festival and 6 years ago at WotLK reveal I was off at vacations. Never had much luck with expansion reveals :D

First time I'll be able to follow news as it comes instead of jumping through hoops to find access or read on my tiny mobile screen (I read news about Cata on my Nokia E51 weee). Still, I'll sadly miss the opening conference, but whatever, I'll watch WoD reveal trailer in glorious HD tomorrow.

Tamanon

Banned
Hmm, per Matticus on Twitter, there's a Desktop app for PTR 6.0 on the demo machines. Wonder if we're much closer to an Alpha/Beta than first thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom