• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I guarantee that is what he used to get so ahead.
Of course :3 I've been doing every single daily in the game since it was launched (well, one day after it was launched since it took me a day to become 90) and I have 13,510 with Shado-Pan and 12,300 with August Celestials~

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
As well as Unburdened from the Halloween event.
Yup! My alarm clock wakes me up with a message saying "DO NOT FORGET THE UC BUFF!" :lol Can't miss out on any rep!

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Shad-Pan: 18,623/21,000
August Celestiasl: 14,710/21,000

So close.

If I'm not realm first, I should be very close at least.

[edit]

Not a human and I've farmed Scritch millions of times and only gotten one pipe.

Enosh

ugh stupid elegon, can't get pass him -.-

well first time doing in 25 man today, so it's not THAT bad, about 10-ish wipes tonight
will see if we can get a 10 man going tomorrow (not a raid day but some people would like some more attempts) if that will work better this time ^^

Einchy

ugh stupid elegon, can't get pass him -.-

Speaking of Elegon.

I've got 27 wipes on ten-man and 71 on 25-man, I've been on every single attempt our guild has done.

I tell my sister to please wake me up at 7:30, she falls asleep, wakes me up at 8:06. Of course they kill it the day I wasn't in there AND the fucking sword drops.

I'm about to blow my brains out.

Enosh

hah think we are at 60 to 70 on 10 man and now 10 on 25 man, so there is still hope :p

and that will teach you to set your own alarm clock next time! can't trust a sister with something like that ^^

Einchy

MAAAAAN, it's my stupid iTouch. It sometimes doesn't work, no idea why. So I asked her as a backup.

I guess people could farm Guo-Lai vault keys to get revered Golden Lotus right away.

Yeah, but it's like the Shards for Klaxxi (though perhaps not quite as bad). The time investment/return ratio just isn't there. Killing X mobs (I think the rate is about 1/100 for those) for a measly 150-350 rep (and the 350 one is rare.)

I've only picked up one key in however many days of dailies since launch, and never saw a chest until I hit revered in the early a.m. once, and then saw more chests than I could open (~3-4) thanks to the new phase.

Yeah, but it's like the Shards for Klaxxi (though perhaps not quite as bad). The time investment/return ratio just isn't there. Killing X mobs (I think the rate is about 1/100 for those) for a measly 150-350 rep (and the 350 one is rare.)

I've only picked up one key in however many days of dailies since launch, and never saw a chest until I hit revered in the early a.m. once, and then saw more chests than I could open (~3-4) thanks to the new phase.

Never underestimate World First nuts.

Einchy

PVP in this game is only fun when people aren't focusing you down in BGs. When you got people on you, it becomes too annoying.

feared
stuned
CCed
rooted
feared
stuned
CCed
rooted

/delete system 32

Dresden

I like how Arena went from The Shit in TBC to the sad state it's in now. Shit pvp balancing and hypercompetitive assholes killed it for most of the population.

Anyone know how does a Mistweaver monk levels? Since agi is for Windwalker, I wonder if int is used as DPS for Tiger Stance.

I like how Arena went from The Shit in TBC to the sad state it's in now. Shit pvp balancing and hypercompetitive assholes killed it for most of the population.

Also gotta love the snowball design of Conquest Point cap. The stronger get stronger and the weak will just quit. They should really just throw away gear concept for Arena and Rated BG PVP.

scoobs

Anyone know how does a Mistweaver monk levels? Since agi is for Windwalker, I wonder if int is used as DPS for Tiger Stance.

Also gotta love the snowball design of Conquest Point cap. The stronger get stronger and the weak will just quit. They should really just throw away gear concept for Arena and Rated BG PVP.

Then how do you create an incentive to do RBGs and arenas? There has to be gear

Dresden

Int gets converted in attack power iirc. Mistweavers level decently until 80 or so.

There was no pvp gear during vanilla and everyone pvp'd.

Well, and it was about who raided and who didn't.

They just need to bite down and just give free pvp gear out. Make it unusable in instances and raids, bam. Higher rated players get cooler looking armor, mounts, tabards, titles, but there's no stat differentiation.

At this point I don't know what they could do. Base PVP resillience isn't doing much because of the pvp power stat they put in, which also ironically widened the gap even further between the geared and the ungeared. There's a reason why so many people afk or bot in bg's; getting destroyed isn't fun.

Sophia

Well, and it was about who raided and who didn't.

That had everything to do with a flawed content design too. Nowadays it wouldn't nearly be as much of an issue, as the gap between LFR/Valor gear that nearly everyone can and proper raiding gear is much smaller.

Then how do you create an incentive to do RBGs and arenas? There has to be gear

It's funny how few other games require justification to play them, yet somehow WoW's PvP seemingly is the exception and nobody would ever do it at all if it wasn't for PvP gear! Despite the fact that they have titles, rankings, cosmetic gear, mounts, and many other exclusive incentives that most games don't have. =p

PvP Gear could really be removed with scaling nowadays.

So I just found out that my GM wants to do Heart of Fear this week.

With MAYBE four 90's (the rest who signed up are not 90 yet) and is sporting an ilvl of 414 as of tonight.

Gonna be great to hear how that works out. *focuses on Tillers instead*

ch0mp

That had everything to do with a flawed content design too. Nowadays it wouldn't nearly be as much of an issue, as the gap between LFR/Valor gear that nearly everyone can and proper raiding gear is much smaller.
Current PvP gear is 483, while heroic raid gear is 502, I'd call that a pretty big gap. And it's only going to increase with the coming patch.

It's funny how few other games require justification to play them, yet somehow WoW's PvP seemingly is the exception and nobody would ever do it at all if it wasn't for PvP gear! Despite the fact that they have titles, rankings, cosmetic gear, mounts, and many other exclusive incentives that most games don't have. =p

PvP Gear could really be removed with scaling nowadays.
Part of the motivation for everyone is gearing up, pve or pvp or just questing.

Sophia

Part of the motivation for everyone is gearing up, pve or pvp or just questing.

And yet (as I said) so many other games can offer a complete PvP experience without any need to have any motivation for playing beyond cosmetics. Huh...

Lol just found out I can make a campfire on water when I do water walking. Also able to roll in water. Awesome!

As a Druid and a compulsive jumper, I am very disappointed that I cannot roll in the air. :(

Yoshichan

I am tempted to run heroics to convert to honour..good idea?
Doing random BGs is much faster imo! If your team wins consistently, then you'll get an insane amount of honor in a short time.

Sarcasm

Are you horde?

Horde suck.

Also, if you are horde, blacklist IoC and AV. It's automatic lose for horde since it's designed to be advantageous for Alliance.
I noticed with AV even if I lose its 114 to 124 honour for ten minutes..doesn't seem bad compared to ab wsg ioc 69 down to 24 honour. Pretty bad considering I am in those much longer. I want to get the gear and try rated.

I noticed with AV even if I lose its 114 to 124 honour for ten minutes..doesn't seem bad compared to ab wsg ioc 69 down to 24 honour. Pretty bad considering I am in those much longer. I want to get the gear and try rated.

Well, right now, rated BG groups won't accept you unless your on full dreadful, reforged, fully enchanted and gemmed. It's pretty stupid that groups expect you to spend like ten thousand gold just to play a game mode.

Yoshichan

SHOOOOW ME YOUR RAAAAAAAGE!

18 hours today. Come on Galleon, you fucker.

Tarazet

Well, right now, rated BG groups won't accept you unless your on full dreadful, reforged, fully enchanted and gemmed. It's pretty stupid that groups expect you to spend like ten thousand gold just to play a game mode.

Yeah, and how much gear do you need to raid? I've sold a single piece of crafted epic PvE leather for 10k. To get into LFR you either have heroic+ gear in every slot, or you pay for better to get you in the door.

scoobs

I was just looking at my profile on wow.com.. i've killed 22 LFR bosses and only had 2 pieces drop (not even counting all the double rolls i've used, 3 a week). Is that the worst luck ever or what?

Tarazet

I was just looking at my profile on wow.com.. i've killed 22 LFR bosses and only had 2 pieces drop (not even counting all the double rolls i've used, 3 a week). Is that the worst luck ever or what?

That's pretty bad. I've had 4 drop and I think I have a total of 15 kills. I only use my coins on Feng and Spirit Kings now because they're the only bosses that can drop loot for me.

Yoshichan

Everyone, add Sarcasm#1161 please :3 He's calling WoWGAF non-friendly by not adding him to his friendslist! Prove him wrong!

Robin64

Sometimes I hate playing on EU servers. I could get a US account but I'd be level 1 again with no heirlooms. No money. Nothing..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom