• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Galleons dead body is back after have been skinned hahahahha this is fucking horrible. The Galleon design is fucking horrible

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Went on my Pally alt to do Sha after we killed Galleon. It got the tier hands that I got last week.

My Warrior has killed Sha and Galleon each week (multiple times a week for Galleon) and I've used a coin each time and have only gotten one thing. My Pally has only killed Sha 2 times and gotten the tier gloves both times.

Why are my alts always so lucky? Why RNG.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The dumbest shit I've ever witnessed in MMO-history. Not even mad, I'm more disappointed that there are so many people with IQ below 75 on Mal'Ganis. That is all.

After the server reset -

You feel normal.
You feel normal.
You feel normal.
You feel normal.
You feel normal.
You feel normal.

message was spamming like 30 times a minute, constant freezing and gameplay hiccups, monsters/critters/players phasing in and out...such a fucking mess.

Cross-realm was obviously not ready for prime time. I wish they'd fix that shit before working on new 5.1 content. And my buddy still gets dismounted over zone borders while on a two-person mount. That's a major issue.

RPGCrazied

Wow. Is today christmas/bday all in one? I just got after server restart from galleon. Don't mind the gems, they are place holder until I find better ones.

Wo_WScrn_Shot_103012_133759.jpg

Wubby

Finally caught a rare Scourged Whelpling after the restart! Now I'm done with rares for Kalimdor/EK/Outlands and Northrend. Onto Pandaria at last and finally level past 87...

Yoshichan

RPGCrazied, MG?
Yoshi-implosion incoming...
I'm not even mad, seriously. I'm just investigating what the fuck happened after the reset - because that was the biggest mess in my entire life of gaming.

Finally caught a rare Scourged Whelpling after the restart! Now I'm done with rares for Kalimdor/EK/Outlands and Northrend. Onto Pandaria at last and finally level past 87...

ha, I chose the same thing to do after the server reset. Only got to two of them and they were both Poor but at least 5.1 allows us to upgrade to Rare :)

The Minfernal spawn area was absolutely swamped but only a couple others at Sindragosa's Landing.

Yoshichan

Hey look, the same fucking monsters for [Over Their Heads] again! Good job Blizzard, keep making amazing rng and keep fucking MG in the ass like you've consistently done throughout this whole expansion. Yes, proceed!

RPGCrazied, MG?

I'm not even mad, seriously. I'm just investigating what the fuck happened after the reset - because that was the biggest mess in my entire life of gaming.

What is there to investigate? The place was laggy as could be because hundreds of people were sitting there trying to get a Galleon kill.

RPGCrazied

We do the tag thing on my server. We out number horde by a ridiculous amount, so we just wait it off and let them die. Then we tag group raid it. So more people get it.

Yoshichan

What is there to investigate? The place was laggy as could be because hundreds of people were sitting there trying to get a Galleon kill.
You're smart, aren't you? I want to know who got the kill so that I can confirm/deny if tag sharing even worked during the boss (on MG, that is. Tag sharing worked in a non-hysterical server) - because I'm pretty sure it didn't based of what I've seen. 32 people got the achievement, 6 additional people got the kill (and had already done Galleon before). The raid leader for the group that got the tag is unknown (it wasn't Goon Squad) and the people who did get he tag didn't share it for some obscure reason. Some people who got the kill said that they did in fact tag share it, but he didn't turn red even with a shared tag in the raid group.

edit: Also, what caused people to get the tag and then suddenly turn gray for them? The only logical explanation for that would be that the server was so fucked up, that it couldn't calculate shit and the result of that was a really glitchy Galleon.

You're smart, aren't you? I want to know who got the kill so that I can confirm/deny if tag sharing even worked during the boss (on MG, that is. Tag sharing worked in a non-hysterical server) - because I'm pretty sure it didn't based of what I've seen. 32 people got the achievement, 6 additional people got the kill (and had already done Galleon before). The raid leader for the group that got the tag is unknown (it wasn't Goon Squad) and the people who did get he tag didn't share it for some obscure reason. Some people who got the kill said that they did in fact tag share it, but he didn't turn red even with a shared tag in the raid group.

Someone joined our raid with the tag, he turned red, and we all got it so tag sharing still seems to work fine.

Yoshichan

Someone joined our raid with the tag, he turned red, and we all got it so tag sharing still seems to work fine.
It only worked for a few groups, that's the issue here. I doubt that more than 2 raid groups got the kill.

Yoshichan

Most likely due to lag, it took a good 20-30 seconds for me to even show as having a tag.
Exactly, lag. Hence why it's genius of Blizzard to make a world boss spawn once in 7 days, and then have him spawn on reset so that any random fuck could get the tag. And since random people are usually extremely stupid and don't know what the fuck to do in situations like these, they probably just get excited in their pants because they got a tag and start hammering those dps-buttons with their faces and then call it a day once they get a bag of coins (and then proceeds on to complaining in general chat).

Core Zero

Also gotta love the snowball design of Conquest Point cap. The stronger get stronger and the weak will just quit. They should really just throw away gear concept for Arena and Rated BG PVP.

Sorry to revive a dead conversation but THIS. SO MUCH THIS. A gear grind in a competitive PvP mode is stupid. The incentive should be cosmetic. How they realized this with challenge modes but not arena/rbgs baffles me. PvP is what kept me playing this game through the dark months of Cata, even though I was playing a silly Fire Mage/RDruid team (and Blood DK/RDruid in CTF games, and we won a lot). Now though, I've done several arenas where I've been dead within a few seconds, after burning trinket/defense cds, and it's not fun not getting to play my character. It feels much worse than at the end of Cata, and it's demoralizing knowing that if I don't slog through the dumb losses, it will only get worse as the FOTM teams get more gear.

I'm really regretting being on the backwater server I'm on, because there's no raiding guilds to join, no rbg teams, nothing really, and the main things I do enjoy look like they've gotten even worse. A shame for an expansion that has so much good content otherwise. Blizzard has just managed to make so much of it unfun in various ways.

Sorry to revive a dead conversation but THIS. SO MUCH THIS. A gear grind in a competitive PvP mode is stupid. The incentive should be cosmetic. How they realized this with challenge modes but not arena/rbgs baffles me. PvP is what kept me playing this game through the dark months of Cata, even though I was playing a silly Fire Mage/RDruid team (and Blood DK/RDruid in CTF games, and we won a lot). Now though, I've done several arenas where I've been dead within a few seconds, after burning trinket/defense cds, and it's not fun not getting to play my character. It feels much worse than at the end of Cata, and it's demoralizing knowing that if I don't slog through the dumb losses, it will only get worse as the FOTM teams get more gear.

I'm really regretting being on the backwater server I'm on, because there's no raiding guilds to join, no rbg teams, nothing really, and the main things I do enjoy look like they've gotten even worse. A shame for an expansion that has so much good content otherwise. Blizzard has just managed to make so much of it unfun in various ways.

Yep. Never understood it. Didn't understand the logic of 2200 gear being better in the first place either.

I don't get most of their design decisions this patch. All I can really do is tell my raids to make other arrangements, cancel my sub and move on. But it hurts like hell since I'm out of work and WoW has been a good chunk of my social group during that time.

TheYanger

Exactly, lag. Hence why it's genius of Blizzard to make a world boss spawn once in 7 days, and then have him spawn on reset so that any random fuck could get the tag. And since random people are usually extremely stupid and don't know what the fuck to do in situations like these, they probably just get excited in their pants because they got a tag and start hammering those dps-buttons with their faces and then call it a day once they get a bag of coins (and then proceeds on to complaining in general chat).

Tag sharing isn't intentional, so it makes sense. but yeah, it's dumb. They can claim it's supposed to be like an old world boss all they want, but every old world boss except for Azuregos was strictly ANTI pug/zerg. Galleon is a walking bag of loot, so why wouldn't this shit happen.

theta11

I've decided to abandon Galleon until he's fixed. On my server 3-4 raid groups formed once the server went live and the people who got the tag (A group of around 8) decided not to share it. People tried to get people to back off to left Galleon reset but as usually loot frenzy takes over and people don't listen. I don't mind the system that's in place with him but as it is he can't spawn when servers come up. It leads to all sorts of grief and really is an extremely outdated idea. I am disappointed.

JCizzle

I mean, I kind of feel for Blizzard on this one. They get feedback that people want world bosses again, so they implement them rather than VOA, but now it has become apparent how frustrating the system is in practice (a realization forgotten after 4-5 years). I wonder if they'll do anything about it or just say tough shit to the groups that camp for so long.

I mean, I kind of feel for Blizzard on this one. They get feedback that people want world bosses again, so they implement them rather than VOA, but now it has become apparent how frustrating the system is in practice (a realization forgotten after 4-5 years). I wonder if they'll do anything about it or just say tough shit to the groups that camp for so long.

Wish granted and gamers should have seen it coming; they deserve the agony back.

Those who actually missed Emeriss griefing got their wish with Sha of Anger.
Those who actually missed camping Kazzak got their wish with Galleon.
Those who never knew the 'joy' of level 60 world boss camping now have the full menu of options for their experience.

Tag sharing isn't intentional, so it makes sense. but yeah, it's dumb. They can claim it's supposed to be like an old world boss all they want, but every old world boss except for Azuregos was strictly ANTI pug/zerg. Galleon is a walking bag of loot, so why wouldn't this shit happen.

Yeah if it was like old world bosses they would actually be difficult. The fact that something like Galleon drops better gear than even the Vaults is crazy to me. He is not difficult, the only challenge is being there when he spawns. I almost would rather see him only span once a week when the server resets than have the crazy people sitting there camping him for days. Either nerf his gear and make him like Sha or make him so PUGs will have a hard time with him along with removing tag sharing.

Enosh

having never done pvp, what's the fastest way to get honor? need like 8k to buy the wrathful gear for trasnmog -.-
spamming AV?
lvl85 that is

Tarazet

About a day of heroic runs. If you're hybrid, it's easier because you pick up any gear to raise your ilvl. I got raid ready a couple days, another couple of days to get to ilvl 470+.

I took me a week of heroic runs to get enough Agi leather gear for LFR. That was mostly tanking for a guild group and no one rolling against me. I didn't hit 470 until last week, sitting at 472 until I get home and farm up more VP, plus get my first Sha kill (previous ones all sniped by Alliance).

Trickster

The problem isn't that they put world bosses in again after several years, and people have just forgotten what outdoor bosses are like. The problem is that they made outdoor bosses piss easy, so everyone can just pug them without any effort, which leads to the entire server trying to kill someone like galleon that has a very long spawn timer. And they also made them the equivelant to VoA bosses. It's an amazingly ill conceived idea.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I think the funny thing is, if you look at subscription numbers from Vanilla to WoW, you could safely estimate that over 60% of the current playerbase was either not playing in Vanilla, or weren't in a raiding guild or the type of player that would do a world boss.

Since then the model of the player has changed to a much more "easier" experience, so people bitch and complain over something like this.

Core Zero

I believe at least some of the old world bosses, the Emerald Dragons at least, had anti-zerging mechanics in place. which would probably have been beneficial here. As it stands, unless the group is truly horrible, or you're on a PvP server (I'm guessing), there's absolutely no risk that the group that gets the tag doesn't get the kill, which makes it luck and not skill. Probably okay on my tiny server, but absurd on an imbalanced, overpopulated server like Mal'Ganis.

TheYanger

I think the funny thing is, if you look at subscription numbers from Vanilla to WoW, you could safely estimate that over 60% of the current playerbase was either not playing in Vanilla, or weren't in a raiding guild or the type of player that would do a world boss.

Since then the model of the player has changed to a much more "easier" experience, so people bitch and complain over something like this.

I believe at least some of the old world bosses, the Emerald Dragons at least, had anti-zerging mechanics in place. which would probably have been beneficial here. As it stands, unless the group is truly horrible, or you're on a PvP server (I'm guessing), there's absolutely no risk that the group that gets the tag doesn't get the kill, which makes it luck and not skill. Probably okay on my tiny server, but absurd on an imbalanced, overpopulated server like Mal'Ganis.

Yeah, it's BECAUSE the boss is so skillless that this is allowed to occur. In Vanilla if a random assortment of folks saw Lethon up, they just avoided it and continued on their way because they had NO chance at killing it. Instead, Galleon is literally just RNG for whoever is camping there.

Tarazet

Yeah, it's BECAUSE the boss is so skillless that this is allowed to occur. In Vanilla if a random assortment of folks saw Lethon up, they just avoided it and continued on their way because they had NO chance at killing it. Instead, Galleon is literally just RNG for whoever is camping there.

They made it like SWToR basically. The world bosses in SWToR are pretty much just elites with more hit points. As long as you have the numbers, any group could take down Force Ghost. It works fine on a low-pop server. On a high-pop, it's just another way for the rich to get richer and for the masses to fall further behind.

Yoshichan

Yes, update Vol'jin and not the actual real character trolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom