• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Also, healers are going to hate Masochism if that ever gets to live.

A new ... defensive stance? Didn't expect that.

Warlocks continue to be favored class since Vanilla. Always get the flashier talents.

I'm confused by the talent. It replaces Defensive stance but doesn't have any of the benefits of Defensive stance.

DK talents don't seem very good right now. The Necrotic Plague one seems like a DPS loss since you would no longer have blood plague on your target and the other two talents are situational talents that are used in the same situation. I rather like the MOP-era talent system but its biggest failing is multiple talents in the same tier that are used in the same situation.

Rokam

Free 90 will be a good way to lure back people, time to start convincing people to play again. That means you Dyscord, I know you read this thread.

Just finally catching up on all the WoD info.

Anywho, dat item squish.

That's crazy. If lvl 90 gems give 4-8 agility, how much will the low level ones give? 0.xx??

Also, healers are going to hate Masochism if that ever gets to live.

I assumed it would have a cd. That may grow old quickly.

I am curious about that talent for prot. At first it looked like an awesome dps increase ability for when you are off tanking. Then I realised it replaces def stance. I know nothing of warriors so I'm curious. If you run with dps gear and a shield, would this talent actually provide competitive dps, or is it only for soloing or content that you overgear?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Free 90 will be a good way to lure back people, time to start convincing people to play again. That means you Dyscord, I know you read this thread.

I currently have 3 90's, and 2 chars that are 85+. Gonna force myself to get them both to 90, that way I'll have the free 90 to get a 6th. I'm thinking something I've never managed to level past the 20's, which would be paladin or mage. With the model update I might actually be able to stand playing a Tauren/bloodelf and paladin won't be so painful.

Can't get over that fucking undead, though. Soooo good. Only wish they were able to show male troll as well.

Rokam

I'm going to miss troll form once I replace my trinket on my paladin. Their polearm animation is so good. Back to silly blue berry.

Watching blizzcon makes me want to resub.My guild is playing FFXIV right now. I basically like running old shit solo or duoed. How easy is it to come back and gear up to semi current, so I can steam roll old shit? lol

Fjordson

Watching blizzcon makes me want to resub.My guild is playing FFXIV right now. I basically like running old shit solo or duoed. How easy is it to come back and gear up to semi current, so I can steam roll old shit? lol
Pretty easy. Hop in some LFR's, tool around on Timeless Isle for some 496 gear and you're mostly set.

Touch

I like the pet less hunter passive. Always wanted a ranger play style. The warlock perma doomguards and infernals is really nice. Also I really like that rogue shadow reflection ability.

Nudull

Banned
I'm really happy about the 90 boost for WoD. It's been a while since the last time I played, but it always seem it'd take forever to catch up with everyone. Hopefully, I can pick this back up for good. :)

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm not really keen on the Garrison thing. Seems like another thing that's there and while is nice, seems like a bit of a time waster. Kinda like the farm. It reminds me of Simpsons Tapped Out! lol

Dawg

I haven't played MoP since like... 5.1.

All this Blizzcon news made me sub again, where and what should I start first? I'm probably way behind. Can I even ketchup?

McNei1y

Item squish sounds nice. It always bothered me that BC and WOTLK ruined the stat differences. I mean, I knew something was up when I was replacing T3 epics with Hellfire greens.

Someone on MMO Champ pointed out something on the map that I did not notice:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1388188-Unkown-Landmass-on-Draenor-!

ee7AxnA.jpg

It's intriguing. I want to know what that is! I'm also curious about the developers saying WoD will lay out all future expansions. We still have quite a lot we haven't touched with Emerald Dream, Old Gods, The Burning Legion, and Azshara and co. as great examples. And then that one question during the Q&A about more land mass on Azeroth also seems like there will be more future expansion locations.

Edit: Changed some things around. Changed names.

I haven't played MoP since like... 5.1.

All this Blizzcon news made me sub again, where and what should I start first? I'm probably way behind. Can I even ketchup?
It has never been easier to catch up. Do LFR and spend some time on Timeless Isle (you should have a quest which will send you in the right direction).

Cipherr

You're fucking with me, right?

Nope Timeless Isle is a catch up spot. You will get some passable gear to get you into LFR to get slightly better gear, and from there you can run flex for slightly better gear, then on to Normal and from normal to heroic raiding.

Its made to make sure folks can return from a hiatus and get back into the game. However you will probably feel the pain of being behind on your legendary quest.

Acidote

It has never been easier to catch up. Do LFR and spend some time on Timeless Isle (you should have a quest which will send you in the right direction).

Do that but in reverse order, spend some time on Timeless Isle and gear up as much as you can, then jump onto throne of thunder lfr and siege of orgrimmar lfr afterwards.

SRTtoZ

I haven't played in months but damn I'd be lying if I said I'm not excited for new models. I'll be all over this expansion day 1. Oh and I'm happy to be rid of MoP finally...just wasn't my thing.

Someone on MMO Champ pointed out something on the map that I did not notice:

It's intriguing. I want to know what that is! I'm also curious about the developers saying WoD will lay out all future expansions. We still have quite a lot we haven't touched with Emerald Dream, Old Gods, The Burning Legion, and Azshara and co. as great examples. And then that one question during the Q&A about more land mass on Azeroth also seems like there will be more future expansion locations.

I think they said in one of the panels that it's the ogre continent.

mclem

I'm confused by the talent. It replaces Defensive stance but doesn't have any of the benefits of Defensive stance.

I assume the intent is one (or both) of a attempt to:

* Make Warrior tanks more PvP-viable
* Make Warrior tanks better DPSers in a single-tank environment

...without, in either situation, requiring a spec change.

mclem

You're fucking with me, right?

If it's any consolation, they're not very *good* epics. They just act as a solution to the gating problem allowing players to get into the content where they *can* get worthwhile, well-itemised ones.

You might luck into a brilliant one, but you're more likely going to have to throw together a messy setup of lots of mediocre ones.

KuroNeeko

Dammit, Blizzcon critted me with Nostalgia and now I'm loading up WoW again. Do I actually have to buy MoP if I want to play it? Aren't they giving that shpoop away yet in hopes of getting that subscriber money?

Tacitus_

I assume the intent is one (or both) of a attempt to:

* Make Warrior tanks more PvP-viable
* Make Warrior tanks better DPSers in a single-tank environment

...without, in either situation, requiring a spec change.

Or to just pump up prot warrior single target damage. The two other talents were aoe damage talents.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Finally had a chance to watch a trailer.

Wow, it was terrible

Edit: and one of rogue level 100 talents sounds hilariously op

I wouldn't say terrible, but I certainly found it underwhelming. It wasn't until they actually got into detailing the meat of the content that I started to get hyped about it.

edit: I originally said "overwhelming" instead of "underwhelming." It was early.

CassSept

I wouldn't say terrible, but I certainly found it overwhelming. It wasn't until they actually got into detailing the meat of the content that I started to get hyped about it.
Some of the meat is interesting (hell, I looove Outland, Nagrand is still king), but the trailer was eh. This that orcs orcs Draenor orcs oooh look a random Draenei orcs orcs orcs orcs. I know, it's Draenor but holy hell that's a lot of orcs. It certainly didn't help that the voice-over was in the thickest orciest accent ever. I had to really focus to just understand what the hell was said.

It certainly seems they were going for WotLK-like reveal trailer which is still godly and which I still know by heart but for me they failed.

Nokterian

Now i want those new models goddamn well gonna make a horde char later on. Don't know what class yet but boy the nerd in me is screaming because going to meet Ner'Zhul and Gul'dan are one of those things i wanted since i started playing Warcraft but this is off course before the corruption but still meeting the Lich King and the one who transformed draenor to outland.

Outland was next to Northend my favorite places and revisiting it in a different way feels exciting!

And i resubbed for 2 months now bought a gamercard. Music sounds fantastic and permanent doomguard? Gonna level my warlock to 90 asap!

Dawg

Now i want those new models goddamn well gonna make a horde char later on. Don't know what class yet but boy the nerd in me is screaming because going to meet Ner'Zhul and Gul'dan are one of those things i wanted since i started playing Warcraft but this is off course before the corruption but still meeting the Lich King and the one who transformed draenor to outland.

Outland was next to Northend my favorite places and revisiting it in a different way feels exciting!

And i resubbed for 2 months now bought a gamercard. Music sounds fantastic and permanent doomguard? Gonna level my warlock to 90 asap!

I subbed too. Man, Blizzard knows how to create hype.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just hope Hunterless pet isn't THE spec
I refuse to not use Two handers on my DK. I refuse to not not have a pet on my hunter.

Nokterian

I subbed too. Man, Blizzard knows how to create hype.

I stopped since january, i am at a casual level now. Maby i do some raids when i have time but it will never be what it was back in 2004 to 2009 almost. But yeah someone doesn't stop playing WoW that easy.

ZenaxPure

I've already forgotten the trailer myself despite watching it yesterday, I don't think it was terrible but it really was forgettable. To be honest aesthetically I don't really like much of what they have shown so far. The orc buildings look like generic orc buildings and the draenei buildings just look fancier. When they showed frostfire ridge the first thought in my head was "We're going back to Dragonblight?" MoP has apparently spoiled me when it comes to a unique (for WoW) aesthetic, I was just expecting more without realizing it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
We probably actually could have a GAF guild with instant 90s in WOD if we really wanted to. We'd just need a server.

In all honesty, though, faction and realm changes being reduced by 50% in price would be straight up better for most continuing players than an instant 90. It literally costs more to faction change + realm change than the expansion does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom