• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

So, Mist was revealed Oct 21, 2011, and released Sept. 25, 2012...

I really don't want to wait almost another year to get out of Mist :(

They better don't do this. They lost a lot of players in Wotlk/Cataclysm because they did that. Doesn't help that holiday events are the same each year, so people get bored of the same content over and over.

Talking about holiday events, Blizzard is getting lazy if you compare them to other mmo's. They're almost exactly the same each year while other mmo's add new stuff. Just look at GW2.

idlewild_

So, Mist was revealed Oct 21, 2011, and released Sept. 25, 2012...

I really don't want to wait almost another year to get out of Mist :(

Cata announced August 21, 2009. Released December 7th 2010.

Expect a year at most.

Unlikely unless there is another raid coming up that they haven't announced. Patch 3.3 was released on December 9, 2009 and 4.3 was on November 29, 2011, after the expansions had been announced.

McNei1y

Unlikely unless there is another raid coming up that they haven't announced. Patch 3.3 was released on December 9, 2009 and 4.3 was on November 29, 2011, after the expansions had been announced.

Didn't Blizzard say during MoP that they were releasing more patches per expansion pack? I personally don't think WoD will take a year and will most likely come out in April-ish. I wouldn't be surprised if it took a year though.

Didn't Blizzard say during MoP that they were releasing more patches per expansion pack? I personally don't think WoD will take a year and will most likely come out in April-ish. I wouldn't be surprised if it took a year though.

This is also what I'm hoping for, but given past history I'm not holding my breath :\

Boogdud

And i resubbed for 2 months now bought a gamercard. Music sounds fantastic and permanent doomguard? Gonna level my warlock to 90 asap!

You don't have to. You get one free instant 90 with the expansion. 🆓

Also Mike said during an interview yesterday that 5.4 was "the last major content patch".

Dawg

The free level 90 is nice because I'm too lazy to level a second character. And with lazy, I mean real lazy.

I've been playing since Vanilla and I only have one max level character.

Measley

There will be no 5.5, so the next expansion is probably coming within the next 6 months. Beta is probably going to start within the next few weeks.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The free level 90 is nice because I'm too lazy to level a second character. And with lazy, I mean real lazy.

I've been playing since Vanilla and I only have one max level character.

image.php

Ixian

Item squish sounds nice. It always bothered me that BC and WOTLK ruined the stat differences. I mean, I knew something was up when I was replacing T3 epics with Hellfire greens.
You're still going to see this happen with future gear tiers, though.

idlewild_

There will be no 5.5, so the next expansion is probably coming within the next 6 months. Beta is probably going to start within the next few weeks.

Right, I just meant that the only reason there was a year gap the past 2 expansions was because the last raid had not yet been released when the expansion was announced.

I believe there will be another pre-expansion patch though which turns the portal red and starts the Iron Horde invasion, but who knows how much content will be in there. Hopefully it's as big as the BC/Wrath pre-expansion stuff, those were fun times.

ZenaxPure

Honestly can't say I am happy about reforging being gone. Personally I liked being able to change stats around based on what is most important for my spec. I feel like getting rid of hit/exp removes the real problem people bitched at with reforging. But now if you get <Boots A> that aren't as itemized as well as <Boots B> you won't be able to reforge the weak stat away for the stat you actually want, pretty lame move.

Loxley

Duncan Jones just said the Warcraft movie will primarily be about Lothar and Durotan - and the first clash between Orcs and Humans.

mclem

Honestly can't say I am happy about reforging being gone. Personally I liked being able to change stats around based on what is most important for my spec. I feel like getting rid of hit/exp removes the real problem people bitched at with reforging. But now if you get <Boots A> that aren't as itemized as well as <Boots B> you won't be able to reforge the weak stat away for the stat you actually want, pretty lame move.

I suggest you look at the *other* bits about gearing changes...

Edit: Although I guess if secondaries are still intact and don't change situationally...

ZenaxPure

Edit: Although I guess if secondaries are still intact and don't change situationally...

Exactly. Reforging gave me a way to customize those secondaries to what I wanted or my spec needed based on my other gear and such. The only pain with it was because a lot of the time you were using it to juggle hit/exp, that won't be a problem anymore so it could be more useful for stacking my stat of choice. It sounds annoying honestly because assuming nothing has changed (which maybe it has, I haven't checked) stuff like haste breakpoints will still be a thing for a lot of specs so instead of reforging to that last bit of haste you need you will absolutely have to be wearing specific pieces of gear to reach it. In the end you will be praying to RNG gods more than you do now because the BiS pieces of gear become much more important.

That kind of system worked fine in classic and tbc where your gearing options were pretty limited, but, it was a pain in the ass during wrath when I had like 4 different pairs of pants I could use in one slot, but, three of them were trash because they didn't have the stats I needed.

Fjordson

I wish WoD was out tomorrow :lol I've kinda lost motivation to play now knowing all the changes that are coming. Even on my shaman alt since I can just wait for the boost to 90.

Jag

I wish WoD was out tomorrow :lol I've kinda lost motivation to play now knowing all the changes that are coming. Even on my shaman alt since I can just wait for the boost to 90.

That happens every expansion. I'll come back for the pre-expansion content and to get my toons ready.

Fjordson

That happens every expansion. I'll come back for the pre-expansion content and to get my toons ready.
True, but I dunno. Feeling it more than I remember in Wrath or Cata for some reason.

Maybe I'll level my shaman and save the boost for a third toon. Hmm.

Not sure how I feel about reforging being removed. On paper it sounds fine because it'll be much easier to quickly equip gear you get in WoD with the changes to stats and enchanting and jewelcrafting. But I'm worried about things like haste break points as someone already mentioned. And what about classes like resto shamans were all three secondary stats are viable, so you can choose based on preference.

I've already forgotten the trailer myself despite watching it yesterday, I don't think it was terrible but it really was forgettable. To be honest aesthetically I don't really like much of what they have shown so far. The orc buildings look like generic orc buildings and the draenei buildings just look fancier. When they showed frostfire ridge the first thought in my head was "We're going back to Dragonblight?" MoP has apparently spoiled me when it comes to a unique (for WoW) aesthetic, I was just expecting more without realizing it.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I can't remember a single WOW trailer, aside from the cgi ones. They're all forgettable imo. All the exciting bits are in the details.

Maybe I'll level my shaman and save the boost for a third toon. Hmm.

You should if you've already begun levelling it. I'd like to level every class to max level at some point. I'll want to use the boost on the class I find the least appealing. Unfortunately, Death Knights start at 55 so it would be a colossal waste to use it on one. I'll probably end up using it on a rogue instead.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Huh? they will remove meta gems? I miss head gems

yup. Gems are going to be like little bonuses. No gem socket bonuses either.

The number of items with gem sockets will be gone. Only one gem slot per item. Gems are more powerful. Sockets are a bonus that don't count towards item level budget. No more socket bonuses or meta gems.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Should be unless there's something they need to interrupt. Or unless they're allergic to Imps.

Observer is the highest dps pet for PVE. There's generally no reason to use imp.

idlewild_

It sounds annoying honestly because assuming nothing has changed (which maybe it has, I haven't checked) stuff like haste breakpoints will still be a thing for a lot of specs so instead of reforging to that last bit of haste you need you will absolutely have to be wearing specific pieces of gear to reach it.

Haste breakpoints are going away along with snapshotting, dots will be same length with the last tick doing reduced damage based on how much time was left before a full tick would have happened.

On the demo booths they had setup, gems were like "8 Agi" or "4 agi, 2 crit"

4 agi 8 crit?

What is there in the demo btw? Just the item squish and L100 talents?

Eh, I think at earliest it's a "summer" release. July->September. Realistically probably on the latter end of that, August->October. Mainly because RoS is heavily looking like a Q2 release that'll be out in early April to May and they'll want to have probably at least 6 weeks breathing room between the two.

By the way is there a list of all the level 100 talents anywhere? Curious to see what they cooked up, even though many are likely to change.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Haste breakpoints are going away along with snapshotting, dots will be same length with the last tick doing reduced damage based on how much time was left before a full tick would have happened.

4 agi 8 crit?

What is there in the demo btw? Just the item squish and L100 talents?

starting quests in the new zones. New quest UI(sucks)

I use my imp cause it's like what 1% less dps? fuckit, #YOLO. Gobnip and I have been through so many years of WoW together, not gonna dump him for some creepy floating eye birth defect, hmph.

Edit: I will dump him for perma DG though. Sorry Gobnip.

Mmm some interesting stuff in there, but some not so much.

----

By the way, thinking I might roll a Draenei female as my (first at least) serious Alliance character, trying to figure out what a good class combo with that is.

Paladin and Shaman top tier, but I already have an 85 Tauren shammy. Warrior also pretty good but I have one at 90 and another that's 70ish somewhere, probably don't want a 3rd. Not sure how I feel about the other choices.

I also have a 70-some Tauren Paladin, but tough choice between that and Shaman. Haven't actually leveled a Shaman since they revamped the skill progression - I had to do the shitty quests to acquire totems and was stuck with Enhance as the only feasible leveling spec.

Rokam

So since gear stats will change based on spec, doesn't that mean everyone will be rolling on the same loot among shared armor classes? Or did I miss how they're going to solve this.

The Enchanted Fey Dragon will be a store mount that is sold to benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation. It will be sold alone or in a combo pack with another pet for the charity.

Will probably be the first mount I buy from the store.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Not feeling this expansion so far, then again when MoP was revealed it also didn't impress me until i was able to play the beta. Maybe the same thing will happen with WoD.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So since gear stats will change based on spec, doesn't that mean everyone will be rolling on the same loot among shared armor classes? Or did I miss how they're going to solve this.

Will probably be the first mount I buy from the store.

Yes, but it means that there's less loot as a whole to drop froma boss.

Anoregon

Fucking FINALLY got an SoO weapon. Got staff off of Sha, didn't even need to burn a bonus roll.

mclem

I am wigging out slightly, I have to admit, trying to figure out just how to handle the loot distribution in the next expansion. If they go through with the choice between personal loot or standard RL-chosen distribution, it's going to require a bit of consideration. Better to go with guaranteed drops or play the odds per-person?

idlewild_

Yes, but it means that there's less loot as a whole to drop froma boss.

I was hoping the tertiary stats would be more common than they what they are talking about, it seems they just have a random chance at showing up on certain item slots. Cloaks/Trinkets/Jewelry/Weapons might keep their stats, but all of the armor is probably only going to come in 3 flavors (crit/haste, crit/mastery, mastery/haste.) Kind of boring imho.

starting quests in the new zones. New quest UI(sucks)

Ah, well, hopefully someone took some pics and will post them. Unfortunate about the new quest UI, the one in game currently seems to do it's job just fine as it is.

I am wigging out slightly, I have to admit, trying to figure out just how to handle the loot distribution in the next expansion. If they go through with the choice between personal loot or standard RL-chosen distribution, it's going to require a bit of consideration. Better to go with guaranteed drops or play the odds per-person?

It will average out over time either way, you get lucky one week and unlucky the next. Might as well take as many people as you can through at one time instead of trying to sit people or organize multiple groups.

edit: err, i might have misunderstood what you meant. I think they said that personal loot is just for LFR, the other modes act as standard.
edit-edit: oh wow, missed that part of the Q&A, that's an interesting feature I guess. Might work well for PUGs instead of trying to ML everything.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I was hoping the tertiary stats would be more common than they what they are talking about, it seems they just have a random chance at showing up on certain item slots. Cloaks/Trinkets/Jewelry/Weapons might keep their stats, but all of the armor is probably only going to come in 3 flavors (crit/haste, crit/mastery, mastery/haste.) Kind of boring imho.

Ah, well, hopefully someone took some pics and will post them. Unfortunate about the new quest UI, the one in game currently seems to do it's job just fine as it is.

It will average out over time either way, you get lucky one week and unlucky the next. Might as well take as many people as you can through at one time instead of trying to sit people or organize multiple groups.

I didn't take anym, wasn't sure if I'd get caught lol. The quest log and map are kind of integrated now... and I was very unclear of how to actually get to a quest's text to read... so I got a bit lost doing some quests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom