• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclem

I went there to mess around during my trial with my pally the other day. There's a door and "flight path" above the back entrance near the top of the tower. Was that used for a quest? I don't remember that exit from back in the day.

It was always there, I believe; it's viewable from inside if you explore a bit after Chess rather than going straight to Malchezzar. I believe there was talk once upon a time about a plan that never came to fruition about a third distinct entrance (After the front door and the 'back door'), which was intended to be connected up with that flight point.

JesseZao

It was always there, I believe; it's viewable from inside if you explore a bit after Chess rather than going straight to Malchezzar. I believe there was talk once upon a time about a plan that never came to fruition about a third distinct entrance (After the front door and the 'back door'), which was intended to be connected up with that flight point.

Ah, thanks.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Just came back to this game and am finding my Priest pretty boring, which is upsetting because he is my most geared and richest character.

Maybe I should level my Pally or Warrior.

Slayerx

Blizzard is pretty brave with raid changes and no flying till 6.1, which is now confirmed. I don't think I will miss flying much personally and ultimately I think it's good for the game in the long term.

Fjordson

Go into dungeon finder
3 Hunters.

it's just like BC, everyonewashunter.jpeg
Yeah, lots of hunters out there. Only downside to it being my main this expansion.

Especially PUG groups on my server. Maybe half the time that I whisper to join an SoO pug I get "full on mail DPS" or "full on hunters".

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
When I played elemental shaman on my server back during WOTLK there was only 3 Ele shaman on the horde-side, and we all knew each other. One was even in my guild.

There was probably some leveling ones, but we were the only ones raiding. And the third one was the guy who helped me learn the spec and put out CRAZY dps that no one else with the spec seemingly could. And I hit target dummies with him for hours. It was surreal that there were so few of that spec back then, still kinda few to this day. I mean, I got invited to the top guild on the server because of it, they didn't care about my gear they just wanted my ToW.

Dawg

Any caster will do. Maybe a lock or a priest. Priest is kind of a demanding class though,

I went for warrior.

I'm pretty much killing everything in two hits now.

feelsgoodman

You said you already have a warrior!

Haha, you got me. He's level 85 and on a different server though, and I'm too greedy for a server transfer. You kinda pulled me over by saying tanking is better now. Might as well try DPS & Tanking at max lvl.

Mothman91

So I'm doing all these scenarios for the Sunreaver Onslaught but when do I get to do some stuff for the Shadowpan Assault? I just want to get friendly with them lol.

Marven

So I'm doing all these scenarios for the Sunreaver Onslaught but when do I get to do some stuff for the Shadowpan Assault? I just want to get friendly with them lol.

Just run the first Throne of Thunder LFR and you'll hit friendly after you kill the last boss.

Mothman91

Just run the first Throne of Thunder LFR and you'll hit friendly after you kill the last boss.

Thanks, just gotta get some gear rolling into my pockets.

Also, I just did Guardians of Mogushan and it's not in my raid lockout. Only thing I see if Celestials, did they change how it worked, or is it bugged??

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Poor Tyrande

If your last name isn't Stormrage(though I guess hers would have been eventually), you are not a Night Elf that I care about. Maiev is cool too, I guess.

Aside, BE DKs should run faster backwards
Alucard_HD.png

McNei1y

I hope we see Medivh soon, though. I read a lot of old WC2 and WC3 lore last night and I forgot how many big characters they had that aren't around anymore. Medivh and Lady Vashj seem to me like the only "major" characters left that we haven't seen. I'm not counting Sargeras or anyone like that yet since they weren't really a part of those games.

It's also cool reading about the First and Second war. So many places that were mentioned. I liked that there was a battle at Blackrock Mountain. That place will always be one of my favorite zones because of it's atmosphere, instances/dungeons/raids, and the world pvp.

You know, I forgot all about Aysa and Ji... but no one cares about them! =P

Moira... well she's on a council, and we all know Muradin is top dog anyway ;D

But Tyrande is still the official NE leader! She even has the "Leader" tag in her tooltip while Malfurion doesn't. And who does he think he is anyway, snoozing around til Cata, pfft.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I hope we see Medivh soon, though. I read a lot of old WC2 and WC3 lore last night and I forgot how many big characters they had that aren't around anymore. Medivh and Lady Vashj seem to me like the only "major" characters left that we haven't seen. I'm not counting Sargeras or anyone like that yet since they weren't really a part of those games.

It's also cool reading about the First and Second war. So many places that were mentioned. I liked that there was a battle at Blackrock Mountain. That place will always be one of my favorite zones because of it's atmosphere, instances/dungeons/raids, and the world pvp.

I'm pretty psyched about Tichondrius and Mannoroth. Always thought those guys were awesome in the campaign.

There's never been any major Uther content in WoW either, right? Just the tomb?
But Tyrande is still the official NE leader! She even has the "Leader" tag in her tooltip while Malfurion doesn't. And who does he think he is anyway, snoozing around til Cata, pfft.
The most hardcore retcon Blizzard will ever do, and I really think they will no matter how fucked up it would be.

....They will bring back Illidan as a good guy and make him the new leader to get people excited in Night Elf stuff again. Because nobody gives a shit about Tyrande.

Salamando

The most hardcore retcon Blizzard will ever do, and I really think they will no matter how fucked up it would be.

....They will bring back Illidan as a good guy and make him the new leader to get people excited in Night Elf stuff again. Because nobody gives a shit about Tyrande.

It's not like anyone cares about any of the other Alliance leaders....Greymane, Mekkatorque, the Dwarve Council, Velen...most Alliance lore is limited to what Varian, Anduin, or Jaina is doing.

Well, I'm at 450 ilvl lol, so I got a long way to go. Also, I found out that dominance offensive is now accepting JP instead of Valor now, I should go farm some JP because I'm getting no luck with the chests, only have gotten a shoulder/back/waist piece. Have gotten SEVERAL shoulder pieces and 5-6 other pieces that my priest cannot use.

I think your time is still better spent on Timeless Isle. Rares can be tagged by anyone attacking them. They drop the 496 pieces at a decent rate from rares. They can also be traded between the players who killed the rare. If you ask in general chat maybe you'll get lucky and someone will give you the cloth pieces they do not need.

Blizzard is pretty brave with raid changes and no flying till 6.1, which is now confirmed. I don't think I will miss flying much personally and ultimately I think it's good for the game in the long term.

I thought the poll I saw on the mmo-champ forums was only laying down all the possible options the op could come up with... Damn. Megaton. I don't mind it to be honest. I didn't mind the way they did it in mop, it just annoyed me that they made me go through the same with my alts. This temporary blanket ban on all flying is actually preferable to me, for some reason. It's interesting how they make some aspects of the, like the itemization, more accessible, and then go and do the opposite with flying. Anyway, I like this change on paper, not sure I would have felt the same way if I didn't play on the dominant side of a pvp server.

The mythic raiding I am still on the fence about. I like the possibilities it has for encounter mechanics and end game balance. But it will probably mean that I will never get the chance to experience it for myself in any consistent manner.

Thanks, just gotta get some gear rolling into my pockets.

Also, I just did Guardians of Mogushan and it's not in my raid lockout. Only thing I see if Celestials, did they change how it worked, or is it bugged??

There is no lockout in LFR and flex. You can do them as many times as you want. But you will only be able to get loot directly from the bosses the first time you kill them each week. Bonus rolls can still be utilised every time you kill the bosses though. So if you're desperate for one particular item, you can queue for that part over and over, assuming you have the items needed for bonus rolls.

They really should have made the Pandaren 'race leader' a female. Sylvannas is the only one currently.

The alliance leader for pandarens is a female.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's not like anyone cares about any of the other Alliance leaders....Greymane, Mekkatorque, the Dwarve Council, Velen...most Alliance lore is limited to what Varian, Anduin, or Jaina is doing.

Well Sylvanas hasn't been directly relevant to the plot since what, WLK? Cairne died offscreen, Lor'themar's alleged return to relevance was greatly exaggerated, Gallywix doesn't even have an in-game model.

No flying until 6.1 , holy shit! Megaton!

This will definitely encourage exploring/pvp.

This would be a megaton if I actually fucking believed it. I straight up don't think Blizzard has the guts to pointlessly troll their fanbase for reactions at the potential expense of people quitting at cap. .

The problem here is that reading the blue post in question makes it readily apparent that there's literally no valid reason to implement a global flight restriction (even at level cap) other than straight-up trolling for PR. The design reasons they cited don't even exist at cap. It makes about no sense whatsoever to create disincentives to play endgame content.

Tacitus_

Boo at no flying in Draenor of all places. Back when I first hit 70, I just flew all over the place. Because I could. On a shitty 60% increase mount.
And then after some weeks of farming monsters and nodes... epic flying. Weeeee

x5IuDrB.jpg

Mothman91

I just renewed after a year. Just hit 90 on my monk, where can I gear up my Mistweaver fast to do 5 mans?

As long as you're lucky with chests/rare mob drops, you can get really easy gear at Timeless Isle. Do raids once you're 460 and hopefully get lucky with trinkets/weapons. If you want, there is a 496 trinket thats 1750 JP at the Dominance Offensive faction.

Or you can wait until you get friendly with Shadowpan Assault and get the better trinket from them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I recommend returning players join those random level 25 guilds that invite you if just for the 15 minute hearthstone CD while leveling.

The 10% exp boost is nice, but I use that hearthstone all the time while questing now. Feel free to ditch them once you've finished leveling.

mclem

A few paragraphs in to that blue post, I was thinking "Y'know, I think one thing that might work quite well is gating flying behind a tricky quest chain". I get to the end, and it turns out that that's exactly what they're doing. I approve.

Very very close to subbing for this game. I started playing a while ago and got till about level 20 in the first month or so before having a long period of zero gaming due to internet troubles. After that I never got around to returning. I just wish this game would lower its sub to under $10. $15 isn't really that much compared to alot of other things these days but when saving for a house every expense counts! I have been biding my time with some Rift as it is F2P but ultimately I see myself ending up at WoW. I am a sucker for atmosphere and WoW just seems to do it better.

/random rant.

Did my first Alysrazor solo today, surprisingly easy. Have never done the fight before, screwed up my first try by not having particle density up and couldn't really see the rings. Killed it on the next try before she took flight a second time. Have mostly ran out of things to do, so time to start farming as many mounts as I can.

That's in fire lands right? I never did that. Can it be solo'd these days by a blood DK?

mclem

I think Moira's intriguing me, because she's currently (and very publically) loyal, but I do end up wondering if she's got a Sylvanas path ahead of her.

idlewild_

If you start now, by the time you reach the end of the chain for the legendary cloak, WoD might already be out. :lol

Oh wow, that long? I was thinking of renewing my sub in January and that's on the list of things to collect before WoD comes around. I think I was about half way done with the first part (collecting items for the legendary gem,) when my sub lapsed.

mclem

If you start now, by the time you reach the end of the chain for the legendary cloak, WoD might already be out. :lol

While you're right, I would highlight that the Legendary chain is probably a decent chance to take a guided tour of much of the content of the expansion, too.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Forgive my ignorant question, but could an enchanter enlighten me on how much it would cost to level the enchanting profession from 0-600? I've been told just under 8K, which seems worth it compared to leather working. I also hate not having an enchanter when running heroic dungeons. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom