• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheYanger

They made it like SWToR basically. The world bosses in SWToR are pretty much just elites with more hit points. As long as you have the numbers, any group could take down Force Ghost. It works fine on a low-pop server. On a high-pop, it's just another way for the rich to get richer and for the masses to fall further behind.

Opposite actually, because it comes down to complete dumb luck whether you get a kill.

Robin64

So.. these areas are instanced? Or are there Scenarios here too?

Wowhead said:
330962.jpg

330961.jpg

Dresden

Yeah, it's BECAUSE the boss is so skillless that this is allowed to occur. In Vanilla if a random assortment of folks saw Lethon up, they just avoided it and continued on their way because they had NO chance at killing it. Instead, Galleon is literally just RNG for whoever is camping there.

Yeah, the problem is that the world bosses is the new loot pinata, except the pinata is almost never there.

Should've made them tougher but with cosmetic rewards. I guess they can keep that in mind for the next xpac.

Trickster

Voljin doesn't wear armor. That's what's taking so long.

I don't really see what the trouble is, they don't really have to change proportions on the player models. Just increase poly count, and give their faces a long long...long overdue makeover.

It really needed to have been done in cataclysm, and now it REALLY needs to be done with the next expansion. The visual gap between vanilla races and pandarens is downright stupid.

TheYanger

I don't really see what the trouble is, they don't really have to change proportions on the player models. Just increase poly count, and give their faces a long long...long overdue makeover.

It really needed to have been done in cataclysm, and now it REALLY needs to be done with the next expansion. The visual gap between vanilla races and pandarens is downright stupid.

It's not as easy as you make it sound. I would assume they want to make these models a bit more future proof and capable of some nicer armor as well (like how belt buckles got hacked in for mists).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Whenever I discuss Blizzard programming, all I need to say is one thing:

Backpack.

Trickster

It's not as easy as you make it sound. I would assume they want to make these models a bit more future proof and capable of some nicer armor as well (like how belt buckles got hacked in for mists).

Well I'm not saying it is. But I don't see why it would be as hard as some seem to think.

I mean, they're able to make all the old gear in wow, fit on new races whenever they put them in the game. And I'm pretty sure each unique item model isn't custom made for each race and gender to begin with, it honestly just looks like they stretch those models to fit on the races.

The main excuse I've seen from blizzard is that they don't want people to get upset when the models get updated, or something along those lines. To which I think there's a very simple solution. Don't force people to update to new models. Just keep the old ones in the game for those that want to keep using the old models.

But yeah I'm not a developer, so it might be harder than it seems like it would be. If that's the case I just wish they would tell us when someone asks about new player models.

I wouldn't be surprised if Thrall/Jaina/Varian/Vol'Jin/Malfurion/Tyrande etc are using the new character models, but they just haven't fixed rigging all items for player use. I would be quite happy with my elf looking like Tyrande, thank you very much.

I'm also a bit concerned about face models. With the basic polygon faces we have now, it doesn't matter that everyone is just another texture on the same face. If they add much more detailing, they will need to actually model and animate each variation separately.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
edit: nevermind.

Yoshichan

>Can't find replacement for myself for tonights raid
>Rage quit and don't tell anyone in the guild about it

Feels good man. Sure, I'm an asshole but honestly - everyone besides GAF MG deserves to get a troll spear up their ass.

Good night. Hopefully I wake up tomorrow and I feel like playing the game because as it stands right now, I don't want to touch the fucking icon.

Sophia

Oh god I log into the game and it's like an explosion. Eight different people all talking to me at once plus people wanting my alchemy plus people wanting me to tank plus a raid upcoming plus GAFFers STOP TALKING TO ME ALL AT ONCE MY POOR HALF ASLEEP BRAIN CAN'T HANDLE IT. ;_;

Yoshi. Sophia is not a man like you said.

No... no I'm not. :|

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's almost funny that I don't raid anymore. My gear is better than many raiders on my server since my server blows and barely anyone is clearing MSV.

I just got Starshatter (LFR), have a Galleon 496 chest, got a helmet on a semi-PUG MSV normal and pulled 4 pieces of loot from 3 LFR segments total. If I was even vaguely give-a-shit about reps, I'd have practically all epics.

Sarcasm

Why am I confused? I am trying to see what boss' I need in LFR..so I am all HEY blizz has an ingame journal thingy for this.

Which raid is

• Guardian of Mogu'shan
  • The vault of mysteries

Where do I find so I know which boss' to use coins on?

Robin64

Those are just Mogu'shan Vaults split into half. The first three bosses in the journal are for Guardians of Mogu'shan and other three bosses are for Vault of Mysteries.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Why am I confused? I am trying to see what boss' I need in LFR..so I am all HEY blizz has an ingame journal thingy for this.

Which raid is

• Guardian of Mogu'shan
  • The vault of mysteries

Where do I find so I know which boss' to use coins on?
Guardians of Mogu'shan
The Stone Guard
Feng the Accursed
Gara'jal the Spiritbinder

The Vault of Mysteries
The Spirit Kings
Elegon
Will of the Emperor

Edit: Robin64 beat me to it.

Whenever I discuss Blizzard programming, all I need to say is one thing:

Backpack.

When it comes to programming, the oldest systems are frequently the most difficult to refactor/upgrade later. Backpacks and player character models/animations both fit this description. Blizzard has been combating the backpack problem in the correct fashion, by making it less necessary to carry around a ton of junk on low-level characters (witness the history of the Green Hills of Stranglethorn quest).

I don't know what's keeping them from updating character models, but I can imagine the resources required to do so would be far beyond what most estimate from an outsider's perspective.

After the server reset -

You feel normal.
You feel normal.
You feel normal.
You feel normal.
You feel normal.
You feel normal.

message was spamming like 30 times a minute, constant freezing and gameplay hiccups, monsters/critters/players phasing in and out...such a fucking mess.

Cross-realm was obviously not ready for prime time. I wish they'd fix that shit before working on new 5.1 content. And my buddy still gets dismounted over zone borders while on a two-person mount. That's a major issue.

The Ice Stone Has Melted.

Remember that one? That was good.

Anyone have any idea when 5.1 could hit? I'm not even touching any reps besides the Tillers (for extra farming) on my alts until I can get that boost item or whatever.

I'm revered with a few reps now and I opened up Shado-Pan and the August Celestials. Now I'm taking a break from Golden Lotus and Klaxxi dailies. I'm so burned out on Golden Lotus and Klaxxi dailies. I don't want to do those for like another month.

Rokam

Anyone have any idea when 5.1 could hit? I'm not even touching any reps besides the Tillers (for extra farming) on my alts until I can get that boost item or whatever.

I'm revered with a few reps now and I opened up Shado-Pan and the August Celestials. Now I'm taking a break from Golden Lotus and Klaxxi dailies. I'm so burned out on Golden Lotus and Klaxxi dailies. I don't want to do those for like another month.

I'd say at least a month.

Enosh

hell yes, 6/6 normal MV
after last night 25 man wipe night pretty much 3 shoot elegon and will wasn't that hard after that, quite a fun fight as tank, like the dancing, good idea that they added the opportunistic strike, feels really rewarding to do it right ^^

Sarcasm

So emperor fight..how is it done? Before in LFR I just attacked adds and than boss and we did it..but this isn't working this time around.

***Worked lol

ampere

Did the Imperial Vizier Zor'lok fight tonight on 10 man, pretty easy, killed in 3 pulls (well 5 if you count the 2 times we pulled him during trash). Unfortunately we didn't have another tank on so we couldn't go any further.

I would recommend that most groups definitely use 3 healers on Zor'lok.

I absolutely adore the Klaxxi lore and Dread Wastes. Heart of Fear is great so far!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Tomorrow, i'll be exalted with Golden Lotus and Anglers. 2 new mounts yay!

Also yay for less dailies to do!

Rokam

4 items from LFR this week across 2 characters, only 1 of which was one I needed. Sigils continue to elude my DK, but my Shaman got 3 this week.

Sophia

Uuuuugh, raid lockouts and rotationg people are a heeeadache. C'mon Blizzard, give us 10/25 split lockouts like Korea has. Pleeeeease?

Sophia

They just delayed four bosses to prevent burnout. They're not bringing split lockouts over anytime soon.

I'd rather have burnout at this point. Officially raids haven't started in our guild and the 10 man we have going is done out of the generosity of one officer, and yet people are complaining about not being rotated in. Having that split lockout would make it much easier to transition over to 25 mans with pugs.

Officially burned out... logging in to do fucking dailys and other mindless shit is really wearing me out. I should have focused on getting my pvp shit together first... now everyone is tearing me apart its not even funny. Not to mention I've used a MONTHS worth of coins on sha and got fucking gold all the time. Fuck you sha, FUCK YOU RNG

/rant off

Yoshichan

Good morning. Still not banned? Color me surprised, I'll give it a couple of hours max.

Yoshichan

Were you supposed to get banned?
Yes. I pretty much intentionally went on a insult-spree yesterday; during the Galleon camp, in my BGs (this comes naturally anyway) and during LFR. I'm expecting one very soon. And thank fuck for that.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yes. I pretty much intentionally went on a insult-spree yesterday; during the Galleon camp, in my BGs (this comes naturally anyway) and during LFR. I'm expecting one very soon. And thank fuck for that.

In WoW? Unless someone reported you you're fine. I had a friend say he cut someone's head off and shit down their throat f they screwed up and he was fine.

Yoshichan

In WoW? Unless someone reported you you're fine. I had a friend say he cut someone's head off and shit down their throat f they screwed up and he was fine.
See, even bans are rng in WoW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom