• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How's Mal'Ganis right now, Yoshi?
Just as hysterical and ADHD as every day; but the Galleon spawn place is quite empty. Mostly because people know it won't spawn until (at least) after the maintenance.

Robin64

http://us.battle.net//wow/en/blog/7702178

I like...

Smoother Battleground Brackets – We have technology now to scale down player items for Challenge Modes, and you might be aware that we scaled up player items during our beta raid testing. We’d like to use the same mechanic to scale up players within the lower level PvP brackets. For example, in the level 15 to 19 bracket, we could make all characters behave as if they were level 19 for purposes of the Battleground. If this idea works well, we could potentially condense lower level brackets and maybe reduce queue times.

Honor and Conquest Item Upgrades – We’ve talked about how we’re going to allow players to upgrade raid items with Valor. As mentioned above, we are going to let PvP players increase the item level of their Honor or Conquest gear by spending Honor or Conquest, respectively.

Tol Barad and Wintergrasp – We are discussing making level 90 versions of these PvP zones that players could queue for to earn bonus honor.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I don't see why they just don't make Wintergrasp and TB a BG. At the end of Cata, TB was pretty much dead on my server.

Ultratech

I don't see why they just don't make Wintergrasp and TB a BG. At the end of Cata, TB was pretty much dead on my server.

They really should. WG is pretty well dead and done on my server, and TB fired up a bit before Mists hit, though I'm sure people don't bother with it now.

Good to see they're thinking about doing that at least.

Entropia

No One Remembers
WG was consistently active on the server I was on during Wrath right up until Cata hit. The server I was on for the first half of Cata was fucking DEAD. I rarely did TB when I went Horde on Turalyon though.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Convert Wintergrasp and Tol Barad to BG with balance changes, and bring back the old AV as a world PvP zone! >_>

The problem is, no one would do a "world pvp" zone... look at Silithus and EPL (Though those were horribly implemented).

I think the big problem is that people on PvE servers would HATE that type of zone and then feel "somewhat forced" to PvP. Hell, I've seen a LOT of people bitching on the General Forums because on Sha or Galleon someone from the opposite faction flags and hits them causing them to PvP and getting ganked, lol.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I guess they're not doing a reset after all? I don't see a message in the login screen anymore and it's been an hour.

Robin64

Only using some weird exploit would be against ToS because, well, exploits in general are already against the ToS. Otherwise, it's fair game. If you're on a PvP server, go right ahead and kill the other players.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Is it against ToS to screw around with the other faction's world boss attempt?

I heard it on chat, but never seen anything about it.

Depends how, if it's something that causes it to evade bug or lose their tag or something, then yes.

If you're just attacking them because they're flagged then NBD.

Entropia

No One Remembers
How about flagging PVP in a PVE server and making the other faction flag PVP then killing them.

Acceptable.

Robin: If I flag for PvP, and you do a targetted attack (mostly by accident) then you're now flagged so I can start ganking you. Then a healer may heal you - now they're flagged. Then it just kind of spreads.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm so confused... I had to do stuff for an hour. Was Mal'Ganis down? If not, in how many hours is the maintenance? This is so confusing...
Maybe. :x
T_T

Robin64

Robin: If I flag for PvP, and you do a targetted attack (mostly by accident) then you're now flagged so I can start ganking you. Then a healer may heal you - now they're flagged. Then it just kind of spreads.

Yeah, I get that. People just need to be careful about their targetting if others are around. It is, after all, one of the most basic mechanics of the entire game.

I assumed someone had found a way to FORCE people to be PvP, but no, this? This is fine.

Deleted World of Warcraft :)

Taking a break from MMORPGs.

Going to work on my Steam backlog, but I just bought Amnesia and Walking Dead as well, so enough to do :p

Yoshichan

The PvP/BG-changes/new stuff sounds amazing on paper! I wonder how long it'll be for Blizzard to start implementing some of these ._.

Robin64

For the Horde! (Yeah, I captured everything, wanted to see what bonuses things gave. :p)

vJqZc.jpg

This zone should be amazing on live servers when 5.1 hits.

Yoshichan

What... is that?

Yoshichan

Oh, of course :3!

Robin64

It's pretty cool. I haven't played around with it much, but the potential here is huge.

The objectives you can capture all offer a different buff to your faction. For example, owning the oil rig gives everyone 75% faster mount casting. Owning a tower gives everyone 10% more damage, healing and crit chance.

Also, any enemy NPCs or players you kill drop Commendations. You can use these to buy stuff to bolster your faction's hold over the zone. For example, for only 40 tokens (a weak NPC dropped 4, so not hard to get), I was able to hire a pack of NPC guards to protect one of the objectives I had captured.

Neki

Nothing wrong with PvP gear if you have no better option, it has all the stats of PvE stuff with PvP stats added on. I figure the 483 PvP piece is equivalent to the 483-level LFR piece without the tier bonus.

There is a tank helm that can drop from the bag, but your DPS helm is probably OK.

The Ghost Iron Dragonling is nice, and I didn't stop using it until I had an LFR Agi trinket plus a heroic Agi trinket. I could keep one of the Brewfest trinkets in my bag for ilevel, but it isn't actually necessary any longer.

Even more important than the ilevel is making sure you're getting the best stats per piece, especially as a tank. Everyone should prioritize the main pieces of armor with the most stats on them: helm, chest, shoulders, legs, followed by gloves and boots, then belt/bracers. I could have padded my ilevel even more by getting the cheap cloak and ring, but I opted for the most effective upgrades rather than the biggest number.

You're not very far away from me at all. I think anyone who plays as much as I do will be pretty close, if not better.

I think prioritizing items closest to BiS that are feasibly attainable is better use of VP. For example, I bought the Klaxxi Belt for a mage because besides all of the raids, only two belts were better, and that was from Terrace of Endless Springs, and a late boss in Heart of Fear. So it was 3rd BiS for me, so I bought it. If I bought a helm/chest, it'd be close to 8th BiS, when I could easily find one from LFR or a raid. That's how I approach it at least, if you're just going to do LFR and not actually raid though, then spend the points however you like.

Yoshichan

lxWlg.png

Screw you Golden Lotus for forcing me to do another daily for 3 fucking points.
If you're really, really desperate - you could farm one of those rep-keys :3

Yoshichan

I have first-hand experience trying to farm a guo-lai key.

It is not worth it. In the time I spent farming for the key I could have farmed up several thousand gold worth of fish/meat/herbs instead.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Is it against ToS to screw around with the other faction's world boss attempt?

I heard it on chat, but never seen anything about it.

Why would it be against the ToS?
Back in the day there used to be a special anti griefing rule in place for engaging groups doing legitimate attempts to take down Doom Lord Kazzak and the other world bosses. At least in the EU region. GMs would intervene in such cases with suspensions. No idea if this still applies in some fashion, but I reckon the chats you talk about stem from this old rule.

Meatfist

Man, Ta'yak is fucking broken. We were fine at stacking up for Unseen Strike, but 30% of the time he would instagib a single person anyway.

Back in the day there used to be a special anti griefing rule in place for engaging groups doing legitimate attempts to take down Doom Lord Kazzak and the other world bosses. At least in the EU region. GMs would intervene in such cases with suspensions. No idea if this still applies in some fashion, but I reckon the chats you talk about stem from this old rule.

Oh yeah, I found the blue post. I guess it really only applies to tagging and despawning griefing.

http://blue.cardplace.com/cache/wow-general/2375146.htm

Trickster

Man, Ta'yak is fucking broken. We were fine at stacking up for Unseen Strike, but 30% of the time he would instagib a single person anyway.

Yeah we had the same problem with him all night. It virtually impossible to predict what direction the aoe will be. Even though you can see where he is, there have been tries where I stood directly behind the targeted player, in relation to ta'yak, and then the aoe is in a totaly different angle. Hope they change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom