• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snowy Owls are now spawning in Winterspring! Just thought I'd pass on the info for the few who give a crap about pet battles. These only spawn in the winter and they have a rather long 6 or so hour respawn rate.

I was the only one on when they spawned at midnight last night. Cleared all but no rares. Around 6 hours later a small handfull respawned. Got a rare on the first respawn.

Good luck getting on on a heavy pop server once more people find out they are spawning.

What other pets are winter-only that would also be available today?

Can't find a good online resource that filters pets by season.

What other pets are winter-only that would also be available today?

Can't find a good online resource that filters pets by season.

I think the Owl is it for Winter... the update was on Warcraft Pets.

They do have a good filter for other things though. Check here.

My guess is they don't have a full filter for season pets because there are not that many - just the two so far. Fishing is the same way.

Actually the summer one was never available on the live servers. Mop was released a week after the end of summer.

Oh good. I don't feel so bad about missing it then. *chuckles*

Found a Snowy Owl. Also went and got a Spawn of Onyxia, now I'm trying to get a Minfernal but it seems rather tough...
Just got the Snowy Owl. Found mine behind Frostsaber Rock.

I haven't see the Minfernal spawn even once, but it's a really popular area for dudes camping it!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm gonna miss that 10% rep buff. :(

Oh well, i'm almost done with Klaxxi and only Shado-Pan and August Celestials will be left, so not too bad.

Sarcasm

I started working on the Firelands daily quest (don't care about title..yet but for the mount)..and I have both druids and warden unlocked. I haven't done any druid dailies yet, but I am wondering which ones are better to do..wardens or druids?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I started working on the Firelands daily quest (don't care about title..yet but for the mount)..and I have both druids and warden unlocked. I haven't done any druid dailies yet, but I am wondering which ones are better to do..wardens or druids?

It doesnt really matter at this point in the game's life. You have to do everything anyway to get the mount.

I'm gonna miss that 10% rep buff. :(

Oh well, i'm almost done with Klaxxi and only Shado-Pan and August Celestials will be left, so not too bad.

I'm done with raids for the week so late last night I picked up an Unburdened buff which I plan to expend slowly over the next 3 days by only logging in long enough to do my Shadopan/Celestials dailies.

Should hit Exalted Shadowpan tomorrow. Might be able to stretch Unburdened out till the weekend if I get lucky on which Celestials hub I hit and if I skip out on my crops.

Ultratech

Just do one side and see which one is easier for you to do?

I found the ones with the Spiders (Wardens I guess?) easier overall.

Didn't care much for the Druid ones since they often felt like they took much longer (then you have to fly/hop to that island and do stuff).

You'll want to do both sets at least once though.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
The LFR group I was in earlier today wiped three times on Will of the Emperor due to the majority of the DPS not taking care of adds (I was 100% at adds) and healers not healing efficently through Titan Gas. Despite strategies being told, people just kept doing the same mistakes all over again. No big deal really, but I thought the fight was well known by now. I left at the third wipe.

Ultratech

Rösti;43869580 said:
The LFR group I was in earlier today wiped three times on Will of the Emperor due to the majority of the DPS not taking care of adds (I was 100% at adds) and healers not healing efficently through Titan Gas. Despite strategies being told, people just kept doing the same mistakes all over again. No big deal really, but I thought the fight was well known by now. I left at the third wipe.

Did these same people die to the omnipresent Floor Boss?

2Crisis

I thought I could stay away this time, seriously.
Had a week with nothing to do and I relapsed. Was clean for 2 years.

Damn yous world of warcraft, damn yous.

Rokam

Rösti;43869580 said:

I really don't understand what's so hard about "Kill adds until there's green poop on the floor" That and tanks picking up the strength adds or tanking the bosses where the adds spawn.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Killed the first boss in Heart of Fear, cool fight.

Man, this tier has been fucking awesome so far. I've liked all the fights.

ampere

Elegon dropped himself tonight!

Our mage won the roll, curse him!

9iL7i.jpg

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
false. Its BiS for frost dks this entire tier including heroics. passive 1000 str, and 3000 proc strength is stupid.

Think it's the same for Arms Warriors.

Every other trinket is hastehastehastehastehastehaste.

Draxal

I wonder how the ilevel valor thingie is going to effect trinkets, it might end up like BC where Gruul's trinket was viable a lot later.

Tarazet

I do notice an abundance of druids in this particular thread.

I mean, I understand, because it's pretty much Best Class right now. The best caster DPS, melee DPS, and healers I've seen in LFR's were all Druids. DK tanks are better at the moment, but Druids are supposedly getting a damage reduction increase in 5.1.

Tarazet

I been a Dodd since the only way into a raid was to spec inervate

I was talking to my partner about this. He was telling me that in Classic, weapons had no effect on cat/bear attack power. So they were amazing at lower levels, but absolute garbage at endgame. And trying to DPS as a caster was even more hopeless. So as a result, all Druids could do in any kind of reliable capacity at endgame was heal, so if they wanted to raid, they wore Spirit cloth. Otherwise, most Druid gear had all stats on it and they relied on shapeshifting to slowly grind the mobs down until they outlived them, which was fine for leveling, but wasn't of much use to a group.

Sarcasm

I was talking to my partner about this. He was telling me that in Classic, weapons had no effect on cat/bear attack power. So they were amazing at lower levels, but absolute garbage at endgame. And trying to DPS as a caster was even more hopeless. So as a result, all Druids could do in any kind of reliable capacity at endgame was heal, so if they wanted to raid, they wore Spirit cloth. Otherwise, most Druid gear had all stats on it and they relied on shapeshifting to slowly grind the mobs down until they outlived them, which was fine for leveling, but wasn't of much use to a group.

Yep was dark times. leveling was great as feral still especially done we could take on elites even without all the self heals. Caster ends talent was hurricane than lol.

Sophia

I mean, I understand, because it's pretty much Best Class right now. The best caster DPS, melee DPS, and healers I've seen in LFR's were all Druids. DK tanks are better at the moment, but Druids are supposedly getting a damage reduction increase in 5.1.

Druid class is always bestest class, even at it's worse. Although I'd disagree about the best caster DPS. :p

Macattk15

Affliction locks who keep their shit up are rocking them damage meters currently.

A little RNG fight to fight though with how Haunt works now.

mclem

How many classes did Blizzard really *nail* in the raiding environment in Classic? Druids were flawed, Paladins could only heal and then you'd still rather have a priest, I believe Shammies had similar issues (plus of course no Salv on horde side which left them with an inherent deficit from the off).

I *think* priests were okay (don't remember people caring much for disc in general, but holy and shadow were both viable?) and rogues - I seem to recall - were brilliant, provided they were... combat, was it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom