• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Grats Sophia-kun!

Also, love the guy who put in the #esports ♥

Well I mean it is Fight Club.

Sure there could be issues, but I expect that they anticipate it to spread virally and exponentially. Random guildless people won't have an easy way in at first, but eventually you'll have to know someone who wouldn't charge you out the ass for an invite.

The Feat of Strength for realm first kills of rare bosses in the Brawler's Guild could be an issue, but FoS gonna be FoS. If the bosses are rare, getting access a couple days or a week before other people might not even make much of a difference.

In other news:

http://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=8023 is awesome.

You also get a Jade Pandaren Kite for the 150 mount achievement.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
More 5.1 patch notes!

Omen of Clarity now has a different visual effect for Feral Druids.
This is interesting :3 I don't even know what the current OoC visual effect looks like!

All healing spells which cost mana have had their mana cost increased by 10%.
edit: dat healing monk nerf!
The cooldown of Blind has been reduced to 90 seconds, down from 3 minutes.
Dat Rogue PVP buff!

As well as 100 other things! Keep'em coming Blizzard!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Warrior nerfs. ;_;

What else is new? We've been getting the nerf bat since vanilla. We do too much burst, we do too much sustained, prot takes too little damage, prot does too much damage, it has too easy of a time with threat, the cooldowns are too good, we have too many stuns, we have too many distance closers, hamstring is too good, we scale too good with gear...

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I think this imagine is very appropriate right now.

2011-09-19-206.jpg

At least they aren't touching PVE, so far.

Yeah, it's a lot of PvP stuff. DKs aren't getting touched aside from the PvP Death Strike nerf (which is pretty big, but affects Blood more than anything else, so not a huge, huge issue - we're pretty strong as is.)

And Yoshi - Blind was down to 60 seconds for a patch or two there, but it got raised in one of the last patches to 90 (still down from 3 minutes though, which was probably a bit excessive, even with all the other disabling tools Rogues have.)

I'm going to hit 90 on my lock pretty soon. Any suggestions on first few justice point purchases?

I'll be either affliction or destruction if that matters.

Whatever the lowest ilevel item is. I think there's only a few choices you can get.

Lowest? You meant highest right?

Another dumb question... I ride up on a mob and press 1 to start an immolate. My guy dismounts, starts casting and then immediately interrupts. Same with looting quest items off the ground, etc. I used to be able to hit a spell and my guy would just dismount and start the cast. Any ideas why this is happening?

Yoshichan

The hell is going on? Is the client working for anyone right now?

ch0mp

Lowest? You meant highest right?

Another dumb question... I ride up on a mob and press 1 to start an immolate. My guy dismounts, starts casting and then immediately interrupts. Same with looting quest items off the ground, etc. I used to be able to hit a spell and my guy would just dismount and start the cast. Any ideas why this is happening?
It's some bug that was recently introduced, only seems to happen when dismounting.

Ultratech

Welp, ran some T11 Heroic 25 last night on my DK with OpenRaid.

Was some pretty fun stuff.

-Blackwing Descent wasn't too bad except for Nefarian who took a couple attempts to down. Phase 2 was getting us mostly since people wouldn't interrupt the mobs or get hit with the exploding stuff and send people flying into lava.

-Throne of the Four Winds: First bosses were a joke. The big man himself wasn't too bad, though we ended up losing about half the raid towards the start of the 2nd phase (I think they were too closely grouped together.) But we ended up downing him without wiping, so it was good.

-Bastion of Twilight: Bosses went down easily except for Cho'gall and Sinestra. I think we wiped more on Cho'gall since people weren't killing adds fast enough. Similar issue on Sinestra where people weren't killing stuff fast enough on the 2nd phase. She only took like 2-3 attempts though.

Wubby

Does this mean he can be soloed now???

It looks like they are adding some pets to old raid bosses and making them all soloable. There was even a blue tweet (I think it was on twitter) mentioning that they may be removing the raid party requirement to enter old raids.

JCizzle

It looks like they are adding some pets to old raid bosses and making them all soloable. There was even a blue tweet (I think it was on twitter) mentioning that they may be removing the raid party requirement to enter old raids.

Now we just need the first bosses in BT and Sunwell tweaked /pray

Sophia

It's not a may anymore. It's in the 5.1 patch notes :)

Raid groups are no longer necessary to enter pre-Mists of Pandara raid dungeons.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Man, frost mage is ridiculously strong once your gear is mostly purple.

But then i guess most classes are. >_>

Rokal

Now we just need the first bosses in BT and Sunwell tweaked /pray
First boss of BT is pretty easy to solo as any dps spec at 90. You just burst him down before he casts his bubble shield. RoS in BT meanwhile can only be solo'd by DKs. I'm hoping that fight finally gets a nerf for solo players.

Chris R

Wish Realm change was cheaper :| I'd totally switch away from A52 H but not when I have so many chars I'd want to transfer back to my first server.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Wish Realm change was cheaper :| I'd totally switch away from A52 H but not when I have so many chars I'd want to transfer back to my first server.

Hey, free transfers from Area-52 to Velen. :)

Come join us. <3

Well all of my friends have officially quit :(, time to find another home.. potentially another server.

Where is GAF horde located mainly? Anyone looking to recruit a competent player?

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Making more old raids soloable will be awesome. I pretty much just log in to do LFR and old raids. If I don't have to track down a group for some of them it saves a bit of a headache.

B-Dex

I haven't done dailies in 3 days. Don't care.

More fun levelling my ally toon to 90. Well getting there. He's only 64 now.

I haven't done dailies in 3 days. Don't care.

More fun levelling my ally toon to 90. Well getting there. He's only 64 now.

I haven't played in over a week, mostly due to being out of town, but the Dota 2 Halloween Diretide has me drawn in at the moment too (lots of extra items!)

Not too fussed though since I'm not obligated to be on the cutting edge with no raid group relying on me or anything. I find that the game starts to lose its draw if I'm away for a bit. When I next boot it up, I'm sure the hooks will grab me back again.

Irnbru

I've been forced to do shadow pan to exalted as soon as I learned about that damn helm! I must have all the transmogs!

scoobs

the cool ass mounts that are rewarded upon hitting exalted are enough to motivate me to keep doing them. 5 days from klaxxi awesome scorpion, 7 days til shado-pan awesome tiger things.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
the cool ass mounts that are rewarded upon hitting exalted are enough to motivate me to keep doing them. 5 days from klaxxi awesome scorpion, 7 days til shado-pan awesome tiger things.

It's too bad flying mounts makes them kinda pointless unless you're somewhere you can't use them, or playing with alts that can't fly.

Tarazet

I like playing a caster, but I hate the state of Moonkin DPS. It feels even more half-assed than it did in Cataclysm. The multi-dotting is anemic, the dedicated AoE abilities are useless, burst is pathetic, and the sustained damage output is extremely poor in every situation outside of Patchwerk-type DPS burns. So I used JP and guild perks to get all of the cloth heirlooms some time ago, and since then I've leveled all three of the cloth classes up to around level 50 to figure out which kind of playstyle I like.

Mage: I like the Arcane playstyle, and at low level mana management is as simple as blowing Arcane Barrage when you get low. At endgame, it seems like it is a nightmare with the way you have basically stay over 80% all the time. Frost is fine solo, but doesn't work well in dungeons where the tank's AoE attacks remove your freezes as fast as you apply them, and Fingers of Frost procs are painfully infrequent. Still does equal or more damage than Arcane.

Warlock: Destruction has positively silly burst and one of the easiest rotations I've played. It just blows shit up effortlessly. Affliction has no burst and the hardest rotation I've played, definitely one of the late bloomer specs.. one of our guildies is playing it at 90 and the sustained DPS output is far better than Destruction.

Priest: Call me crazy, but I actually like the mechanic of consuming DoTs with Shadow Word: Insanity. It's a nice way of backloading burst DPS, similar to Affliction in a few ways; however, the instant damage component on SW:pain means the AoE performance in instances is better. However, this is the only spec out of the ones I played where I was running out of mana during sustained encounters. I don't know if this is a typical experience.

I also tried Disc healing, which I've found to be more than adequate in any situation, but it's also a little off-putting with the delay between the when nuke hits and the Atonement heal lands. It also seems very reliant on damage absorbs, which means if I don't know what's coming, I feel caught with my pants down. It doesn't have the ability to recover quickly from an adverse situation the way a Druid does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom