• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcasm

I haven't played in over a week, mostly due to being out of town, but the Dota 2 Halloween Diretide has me drawn in at the moment too (lots of extra items!)

Not too fussed though since I'm not obligated to be on the cutting edge with no raid group relying on me or anything. I find that the game starts to lose its draw if I'm away for a bit. When I next boot it up, I'm sure the hooks will grab me back again.

Free items?

Thoraxes

Bam, hit 85 on my monk at 3 days 12 hours played.
The total amount of quests it took was 499 plus a shit-ton of dungeons.

If you're asking how I know the quest number... On the intro to Pandaria quest to report to Grommash Hold, I got the 500 quest achievement :D

So a friend of mine is doing RAF with me. I have a 35 Mage that I don't even know how to play since its been so long. Should I get my friend to grant him the levels?
Any tips on playing a Mage? It's been Yeats since I picked this guy up

Sarcasm

Archeology is fun and sucks at same time. So does each race have one rare? Or can a race have more than one? I just hit 375 arch.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
A little bird whispered in my ear "Sophia created a toon on Mal'Ganis".

I can already sense the happiness, and also a lot of rage, from a lot of players.

4dMYk.jpg

Berordn

Archeology is fun and sucks at same time. So does each race have one rare? Or can a race have more than one? I just hit 375 arch.

Every race has at least two, barring Orcs. Several have many more than that. Some rares are more common than others and are essentially freebies just for having leveled in a particular continent, like the Innkeeper's Daughter or Headdress of the First Shaman.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Every race has at least two, barring Orcs. Several have many more than that. Some rares are more common than others are are essentially freebies just for having leveled in a particular continent, like the Innkeeper's Daughter or Headdress of the First Shaman.

I wish the Pandaria races had more than 2 blues(and no epics) each. I don't see the points in trying to find more of these white items unless i want more achievement points.

Berordn

I wish the Pandaria races had more than 2 blues(and no epics) each. I don't see the points in trying to find more of these white items unless i want more achievement points.

It's somewhat more efficient to do archaeology for every race in Pandaria, since with it being a well-connected continent, it's easier to get restored artifacts than it is to actually keep flying around Kalimdor and waiting for Tol'vir to pop up. I guess all the collector achievements and pristine artifacts are a result of that, to encourage you to spend some extra time there anyway.

I'd like to see them throw a couple more Mogu or Pandaren rares though, just to give me something else to look forward to. Much as I loved Spear of Xuen and the Umbrella of Chi-ji for the transmog possibilities, I was really hoping for some actual toys.

Sarcasm

Every race has at least two, barring Orcs. Several have many more than that. Some rares are more common than others and are essentially freebies just for having leveled in a particular continent, like the Innkeeper's Daughter or Headdress of the First Shaman.

SO how should I be lvling arch?

Berordn

SO how should I be lvling arch?

There's no set route you're supposed to take for it, you can sit on one continent all the way up to 600 or you can move on to another as you reach the appropriate skill (300 for Outland, 375 for Northrend, etc). You get a skill point every time you dig up fragments and every time you complete a solve, regardless of where you are now.

Tamanon

Banned
Personally, I find Eastern Kingdoms to usually have the best arching, if only because it has a minimal amount of out-of-the-way or gigantic dig sites. It's a ton easier now to level thankfully.

Berordn

Personally, I find Eastern Kingdoms to usually have the best arching, if only because it has a minimal amount of out-of-the-way or gigantic dig sites. It's a ton easier now to level thankfully.

Yeah, if you're just looking for quick skill points and not going for anything in particular, EK to 525 and then Pandaria to 600 would be the fastest, assuming you have flying for both. Kalimdor is a pain to level archaeology in, thanks to the random inconsistent flight ceilings across zones and giant shifts in elevation across the continent. Outland and Northrend are better, except the races unique to both continents take more fragments per common solve, and they aren't terribly fast to travel across. In Northrend's case you have to plot a course around Wintergrasp, unless you like random dismounted death.

mclem

It looks like they are adding some pets to old raid bosses and making them all soloable. There was even a blue tweet (I think it was on twitter) mentioning that they may be removing the raid party requirement to enter old raids.

I still think it'd be a tough call for me to solo Vael.

Ultratech

Fucking CRZ making it crazy to level up Blacksmithing. Can't find any damn Cobalt due to nodes not respawning fast enough. Saronite will be a little easier if only because it's all over SP/IC/WG/whatever.

Yeah, if you're just looking for quick skill points and not going for anything in particular, EK to 525 and then Pandaria to 600 would be the fastest, assuming you have flying for both. Kalimdor is a pain to level archaeology in, thanks to the random inconsistent flight ceilings across zones and giant shifts in elevation across the continent. Outland and Northrend are better, except the races unique to both continents take more fragments per common solve, and they aren't terribly fast to travel across. In Northrend's case you have to plot a course around Wintergrasp, unless you like random dismounted death.

Yeah, Kalimdor has goddamn sites all over the place, making you fly across the entire continent to get to them. And of course, most of the crap that shows up (for me anyways) is tons of Night Elf stuff.

EK isn't too bad, since most of the digsites tend to be close to each other (or you don't have to fly all over the damn place like Kalimdor). And you get a good mix of Troll and Dwarf stuff.

I thought they fixed that WG dismount shit...what the hell happened?

Tamanon

Banned
Thinking about doing a side reroll on another server.

Any idea which classes are alright to level without heirlooms? I'm thinking of tanking personally.

Berordn

Any idea which classes are alright to level without heirlooms? I'm thinking of tanking personally.

Anything that's not a caster will make mobs collapse pretty quick, even without heirlooms. Druids are great, Monks are great and have an XP bonus to boot, Paladins are good. Truthfully, anything will do just fine nowadays.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Paladin man.

Selfless healer and WoG. You will never die. Not even to other players.

Sophia

That makes two people in one day who have tried to give me their battletag after I tanked an instance. x_X

Ret/Prot Paladin, Arms Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, Feral/Guardian Druid, Monk of any spec. Any of them really that aren't casters.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
HoF, second boss, what were they thinking? Can someone please explain to me in what world Blizzard lives in, in order to make such a boring, unexciting, easy-to-heal/tank/dps, unimaginative boss-fight?

Sophia

HoF, second boss, what were they thinking? Can someone please explain to me in what world Blizzard lives in, in order to make such a boring, unexciting, easy-to-heal/tank/dps, unimaginative boss-fight?

Might I remind you they made Dragon Soul and Malygos? :p

Yoshichan

Might I remind you they made Dragon Soul and Malygos? :p
Shit, you're absolutely right. Completely forgot about that!

Ignore my last post, everyone!

Robin64

MMOChampion said:
Another set of items that appeared in Patch 5.1 are these new item level 496 belts and shoes. They are currently assigned to The Klaxxi and The August Celestials, but keep in mind this is the test realm and things can change.

Interesting if it sticks. Could keep all factions relevent for the entire expansion rather than becoming obselete once a new patch is out. Nice to way to catch up a little if you miss a tier too much, too.

Yoshichan

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
What's this now?

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=93256#comments

A trinket coming in 5.1 with...CRIT!?!

HALLELUJAH
Groovy. How do you raise reputation with Dominance Offensive/Operation: Shieldwall, is it through daily quests? The Wrathion quest to become revered with him have you able to raise reputation by killing mobs (or players?) of the opposite faction. Would be nice if you could simply grind your way to revered with respective faction, but I doubt Blizzard is gonna do that. They seem to like daily quests. :¬*

Robin64

Rösti;43967190 said:
Groovy. How do you raise reputation with Dominance Offensive/Operation: Shieldwall, is it through daily quests? The Wrathion quest to become revered with him have you able to raise reputation by killing mobs (or players?) of the opposite faction. Would be nice if you could simply grind your way to revered, but I doubt Blizzard is gonna do that. They seem to like daily quests. :¬*

It is dailies. They are new hubs in Krasarang.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
It is dailies. They are new hubs in Krasarang.
Yeah, I knew of the hubs in Krasarang Wilds, just didn't know how reputation gains were solved. Ah well, at least the Wrathion quest can be completed quickly. Thanks.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Rösti;43967190 said:
Groovy. How do you raise reputation with Dominance Offensive/Operation: Shieldwall, is it through daily quests? The Wrathion quest to become revered with him have you able to raise reputation by killing mobs (or players?) of the opposite faction. Would be nice if you could simply grind your way to revered with respective faction, but I doubt Blizzard is gonna do that. They seem to like daily quests. :¬*

Questing, and if you're on a PvP server (or there are PvP-inclined focus on a PVE server); players as well. :)

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Yeah, it looks like it ended.

Wish it had lasted longer, we were getting a lot of Area-52 players.

It goes faster if you can fly. I can get 5 card's worth of herbs if I go hard at it for about 4 hours.

Meh, I can get that much in less time in the starting Jade Forest area. No one's ever there and Forest Hozens are all friendly so nothing attacks when I'm herbing.

Now I have another dilemma. I'm running out of scrolls!

Enosh

496 stuff from new daily faction... (the ptr stuff)
I wonder will this be "buy with gold" or just more valor items?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom