• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dex

496 stuff from new daily faction... (the ptr stuff)
I wonder will this be "buy with gold" or just more valor items?

It'll be valor cause it's blizz and the grind will probably be just as bad as golden losers but with shito-pan style garbage dailies.

Entropia

No One Remembers
My guild finally killed WOTE tonight, 1 shot them. Which was nice considering we spent like 3 hours on them last week :(

Any tips for Garalon? First two bosses were easy but my guild were struggling with him, best attempt in 8 wipes was 40%.

Two heal it. In the shadow realm, once the healer gets someone to full the target gets a buff that increases their damage for 30s from their last heal. When you send a group in you really want to send in a dot class and one of your strongest single target DPS. Get the healer to bomb the single target DPS and get them out of the shadow realm as soon as they have about 15 stacks of the buff. Then power up the dot class down there while they multidot the hell out of weenie mobs in the other realm.

Make sure tanks are using cooldowns/active mitigation in a chain to always have some form of DR up. They have 1:05 between banishments so two minute CDs that they hit at the start of the phase will be up again at the same time.

So long as the numbers of shadow things are kept to a minimum the fight is easy to two heal. There's no AoE centred on a target damage so stack up on the boss's ass and AoE heal through most of it. Rotate healers through the shadow realm because they get a massive mana regen buff.

That's what I remember offhand. But I haven't done the fight in a couple of weeks since I quitted.

ampere

Any tips for Garalon? First two bosses were easy but my guild were struggling with him, best attempt in 8 wipes was 40%.

We wiped for hours on Blade Lord : /

Really sad. Every time we got to phase 2 our healers couldn't do it, and we didn't get to phase 2 very often because of people dying from the aoe strike

My guild finally killed WOTE tonight, 1 shot them. Which was nice considering we spent like 3 hours on them last week :(

Grats, one shots are always nice

Inversive

Two heal it. In the shadow realm, once the healer gets someone to full the target gets a buff that increases their damage for 30s from their last heal. When you send a group in you really want to send in a dot class and one of your strongest single target DPS. Get the healer to bomb the single target DPS and get them out of the shadow realm as soon as they have about 15 stacks of the buff. Then power up the dot class down there while they multidot the hell out of weenie mobs in the other realm.

Make sure tanks are using cooldowns/active mitigation in a chain to always have some form of DR up. They have 1:05 between banishments so two minute CDs that they hit at the start of the phase will be up again at the same time.

So long as the numbers of shadow things are kept to a minimum the fight is easy to two heal. There's no AoE centred on a target damage so stack up on the boss's ass and AoE heal through most of it. Rotate healers through the shadow realm because they get a massive mana regen buff.

That's what I remember offhand. But I haven't done the fight in a couple of weeks since I quitted.
hehe you're thinking of the troll boss in MSV :p Garalon is the third boss in Heart of fear (new raid)
We wiped for hours on Blade Lord : /

Really sad. Every time we got to phase 2 our healers couldn't do it, and we didn't get to phase 2 very often because of people dying from the aoe strike

Grats, one shots are always nice
We downed Blade lord in 6 attempts, it is pretty easy. Just put a marker on the floor and get everyone to stack on it when someone is targeted by unseen strike. The room is pretty big too so don't be afraid to drag the boss around it to avoid all the tornados (might be worth putting down 3 markers, left, right, center and switch positions when there is an annoying amount of tornados). On phase 2 get your raid to use personal survival cd's, pot, healthstones etc to help out your healers.

Neki

that's not garalon

Wubby

My rare pet hunting is getting closer to being finished! I only have 9 pets left I need to catch a rare (blue) version of, and they are all from Pandaria. Glad I started when I did, with so few people bothering with pet battles in the beginning it made it easier to get rare versions of hard to find pets like the Minfernal and Scourged Whelpling.

Tarazet

Exalted with Klaxxi, got the ring. Also did some BC raids and got some boss transmog pieces to go with my existing Runic Leather ones, including the Halberd of Desolation. Tell me this isn't a good looking Troll:

JsC1cl.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
My body is not ready for 5.1

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
For Archeology - is there a way to read the lore again?
Go to Archeology and click the "Completed Artifacts"-tab on the right side.

Sarcasm

Man I hate being trolled by my own faction. Some rogue swoops in as I go for a rare..I am okay lets party..he keeps declining and proceeds to kill it.

Yoshichan

44x-gear man, serious business

Yoshichan

Wanted to count torwards cheevo -.-
I know that. I'm saying people who decline party invites are morons because they want the 44x shit loot for themselves, even though they don't realize people want the tag for the achievement progress.

CoLaN

wow37cule.jpg

Hell yea.

When i ride around, people stare at me. I'm not sure if its because i look ridiculous, or like a boss

Draxal

I know that. I'm saying people who decline party invites are morons because they want the 44x shit loot for themselves, even though they don't realize people want the tag for the achievement progress.

There's alot of vanity items that specific rares only drop, not including stuff like the peace pipe that sells for a ton.

Yoshichan

There's alot of vanity items that specific rares only drop, not including stuff like the peace pipe that sells for a ton.
Yeah, but let's be realistic here - most people just use NPCscan and casually kill (and decline group invites because of greediness) as they're flying towards somewhere else.

Bizazedo

Yeah, but let's be realistic here - most people just use NPCscan and casually kill (and decline group invites because of greediness) as they're flying towards somewhere else.

Eh, I'd lean towards more people *not* using the mod, but the greediness makes sense. The vanity items, man. I won a roll on the Mogu one for PvP taunting and was immediately offered several thousand for it by the guy who lost it w/me.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

Maybe.

When I kill rares, I kill them for the small goods bag. There's a huge chance that the person that I invite will roll need on them. A good deed never goes unpunished, after all.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Why would I group for something I don't need help with, and also can potential drop items to make money.

I know our raid group's progression is way behind most (to be fair this was our second week), but it felt so good one-shotting the dogs in MV after we had a lot of trouble last week. It really must have been a combination of shitty DPS and the Cobalt Mines that were giving us trouble because not having either of them this week made it a joke. We also got Feng down in four attempts. The damn Troll gave us a little more trouble with the Spirits eventually building up, but I think we will get him next week.

It is funny how I had no plan to raid this expansion but the complete joke that LFR is pushed me into it since I actually wanted to see the fights as they were intended. That combined with finding a raid group that fit my schedule (8AM CST on Sundays) really changed my mind and I am glad it did.

Knch

The vanity items, man. I won a roll on the Mogu one for PvP taunting and was immediately offered several thousand for it by the guy who lost it w/me.

The one where you transform into a Mogu when you kill another player? I have that one too, still need to find an alliance out in the world to test it on... (damn my 90% horde low pop pvp server...)

Bizazedo

I know our raid group's progression is way behind most (to be fair this was our second week), but it felt so good one-shotting the dogs in MV after we had a lot of trouble last week. It really must have been a combination of shitty DPS and the Cobalt Mines that were giving us trouble because not having either of them this week made it a joke. We also got Feng down in four attempts. The damn Troll gave us a little more trouble with the Spirits eventually building up, but I think we will get him next week.

My guild is doing 25's. Which is fine, I enjoy them....but the problem is half the raid is geared for crap (I silently flipped out on a healer who was 440 ilvl), so the dogs enrage or people die.

Which is fine. Except for the knowledge that if we were doing 10's we'd breeze through it.

The one where you transform into a Mogu when you kill another player? I have that one too, still need to find an alliance out in the world to test it on... (damn my 90% horde low pop pvp server...)

Exactly the one.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
440? I was 460 an hour or two on two alts after getting level 90.

That's a person that doesn't give a shit about his toon or bringing down your raid.

Yoshichan

Why would I group for something I don't need help with, and also can potential drop items to make money.
>50g
>herd to earnz

My rare pet hunting is getting closer to being finished! I only have 9 pets left I need to catch a rare (blue) version of, and they are all from Pandaria. Glad I started when I did, with so few people bothering with pet battles in the beginning it made it easier to get rare versions of hard to find pets like the Minfernal and Scourged Whelpling.
Any tips, man?

Entropia

No One Remembers
I had a friendly chap invite me to a group to kill a rare as I was passing by. :)

I was on my level 87 Monk so it gives me a nice XP boost.

Robin64

Who the heck would even let someone in 440 gear into a raid with them? You can't even get into the easier LFR below 460. Absolutely ludicrous, no excuse for that ilvl.

Yoshichan

Hoes? THERE ARE NO STINKIN' HOES IN MY WORLD

Who the heck would even let someone in 440 gear into a raid with them? You can't even get into the easier LFR below 460. Absolutely ludicrous, no excuse for that ilvl.

Yeah not only are they coming in with lacking gear, but it also shows a lack of commitment or concern with how the raid progresses. It reminds me of the old 40-Man days where people would just squeeze in and hang out in the background in all greens hoping they could just replace them with Epics once the loot started flowing.

That just gave me a little nostalgia flashback to Vanilla where I spent two weeks getting every little sidegrade I could on my Priest since I was waiting on the rest of my guild to hit 60. I must have run Dire Maul 100 times gearing everyone else up as well during that time. It was fun to see people progress from quest greens to being raid ready though.

*laughing* Or the people I knew talking about doing Heart with 414. Needless to say, there was no raiding last week.

Probably. I've stopped caring about rares unless I need the one that from the "each race" achievement. Or if it's related to a pet. I've even stopped bothering with the ghost fisherman because I have yet to see him once and in the amount of time I could camp him, I'd get more fish than the item would probably help with.

Tarazet

Yeah not only are they coming in with lacking gear, but it also shows a lack of commitment or concern with how the raid progresses. It reminds me of the old 40-Man days where people would just squeeze in and hang out in the background in all greens hoping they could just replace them with Epics once the loot started flowing.

That just gave me a little nostalgia flashback to Vanilla where I spent two weeks getting every little sidegrade I could on my Priest since I was waiting on the rest of my guild to hit 60. I must have run Dire Maul 100 times gearing everyone else up as well during that time. It was fun to see people progress from quest greens to being raid ready though.

Yeah.. we're a tiny guild of about 6 people total. None of us can raid, not everyone is consistently playing, but every one of us is over ilevel 460. I probably have the best progression of anyone in our group at 478, which represents hours of playing every day and good luck with LFR drops. But getting to 470 is more than realistic provided you chose a character at the expansion launch - even a Monk - and put some time into it every day.

Yoshichan

You say that's a conversation with me, yet you erase the names! What does this mean, hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom