• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Yoshichan

I wish there was some more interesting RP as you enter the instance, like in MsV :/ They've already built up the hype for HoF, it's weird they didn't go for some massive RP stuff inside the actual raid.

edit: or maybe it starts after the two bosses (haven't gotten any further. ♥ being being a pug. No regrets!)

Is it just me, or is the Pandaria theme overall pretty bland? I'm not even working too much on gearing because I have no desire to see raid content. All of the dungeons have been very similar. The Asian theme has worn pretty thin after weeks of questing in a bunch of zones that all look the same.

I had been enjoying the previous expansions with their mix of classic fantasy with some sci-fi elements with nordic/demon flavor mixed in here and there. But my question is - are the new raids pretty much in-line with all the other Pandaria content i.e. raid bosses are pandas/mogu/mantid/sha models etc. ?

Draxal

Eh, WoTLK was a thinly veiled Norse Pastiche, with the same amount variance that Pandaria also as.

I honestly enjoy Pandaria, and aside from a couple of stupefying decisions (HEY GUYS WE HATED REP GRINDS FOR HEAD ENCHANTMENTS SO HERES REP GRINDS FOR VALOR GEAR). The world is a much more cohesive structure than Cataclysm, and i actually can tolerate the plot unlike "GOEL GOEL GOEL GOEL"

I honestly think the game might be getting old for you.

Bizazedo

I don't think it's possible to not have grinds *and* maintain relevancy / people playing. We'd burn through content too quickly, otherwise.

Draxal

I don't think it's possible to not have grinds *and* maintain relevancy / people playing. We'd burn through content too quickly, otherwise.

I was more attacking their conclusion of people having to grind for specific rep for enchants was unacceptable but grinding for gear that sometime's very close to bis was. People should be able to grind for vanity items (shadopan hat for example)/mount and it would maintain relavancy, but not gear/enchantments to progess, otherwise their reasoning for getting rid of head enchants was stupid.

Wubby

Any tips, man?

Patience, and lots of it.

And a Turnip. I actually didn't have one till last night but it makes capturing a bit easier. Has an attack that reduces the enemy down to 1 so you don't accidentally kill it (something luckily that never happened to me outside the few that would commit suicide before I could capture them).

There's a few pets that only spawn depending on weather. Your best bet to capture them would be to park an alt in the area and check every so often. The Silithid Hatchling in Tanaris gave me the biggest headache. Sandstorms were very few and far between and then trying to catch a rare one took a few sandstorms.

Server restarts will be your new Christmas. Luckily my server was one of the first ones up in the CRZ group so I could get a little head start it seemed. Without a server restart your chances of a Minfernal and Scourged Whelpling are .001 to none. They do spawn outside restarts but be prepared to camp for days on end. Giraffe Calf's are also good to farm after restarts but Minfernal and Scourged Whelpling should be the top priority.

My favorite pet to use the whole time has been the Magical Crawdad (Mr. Pinchy). Has one of the highest health pools, shield and a powerful heal so it's hard to kill. And use a druid if you have one. Being able to instant flight form from mob to mob helped speed things up. And just abandon the battle if there's no rare to be captured. That's basically all it is, battle - no rare abandon, battle - no rare abandon, battle - oh hey a rare!

Draxal

no it wasn't. all of the reps are viable quite nowhere close to bis gear offerings atm. its way more optional

Eh, due to the way stat caps work and the fact that some of the secondary stats are absolute garbage for certain classes , the Klaxxi exalted ring for ret is very damn good, if you don't get the right drops. Mind you this ring is bis out of normal mode raids, which is what alot of the normal raiding guilds are only to be able to accomplish.

I mean do you think it's worth linking like that to rep so a raider, who isn't able to get that drop to farm Klaxxi rep to exalted just to help out his raid? I think that what they were trying to get away from. I'd much rather use a tabard and farm instance for 5 times to get that head enchant instead.

edit.

I actually take back the close to BIS part, the list I'm reading only had Mogushan Normal modes instead of all normal modes.

Eh, WoTLK was a thinly veiled Norse Pastiche, with the same amount variance that Pandaria also as.

I honestly enjoy Pandaria, and aside from a couple of stupefying decisions (HEY GUYS WE HATED REP GRINDS FOR HEAD ENCHANTMENTS SO HERES REP GRINDS FOR VALOR GEAR). The world is a much more cohesive structure than Cataclysm, and i actually can tolerate the plot unlike "GOEL GOEL GOEL GOEL"

I honestly think the game might be getting old for you.

In Cata, the first thing I saw was "OH SHIT RAGNAROS IS BACK! WTF DEATHWING TEAMED UP! FUUUUUUUUU!!!" Every zone, except Uldum, was extremely exciting from the get-go.

I wanted to beat down Illidan, Lich King, and Deathwing for all the shit they done. In Panda, I still don't even know what's going on with these Sha things.

Even the starting zone of Panda was dreadfully boring when compared to Goblins, Worgens, and Death Knights.

Yoshichan

So we didn't get another big bad advertisement-villain with Metzen as voice actor.

That's a good thing.

So fucking tired of "OMG THE END OF THE WORLD"-scenarios in WoW. Pandaria was perfect in terms of the theme and atmosphere. They can do whatever they want for the next expansion, but having Pandaria after Deathwings rage was an EXCELLENT choice (the contrast makes it so that Pandaria seems very calm; which is the point).

Berordn

I wanted to beat down Illidan, Lich King, and Deathwing for all the shit they done. In Panda, I still don't even know what's going on with these Sha things.

They're just scaling it back, since nothing ever compared to those initial reveals. DEATHWING SUMMONED RAGNAROS OMG. Oh and now I don't see them do anything for two years.

Arthas and Deathwing were really good at cartoon supervillainy, and never really amounted to being actual threats. Going back to the Vanilla style of slowly revealing the antagonists after the effect they've had on the world at least keeps it from being a bombastic display of ineptitude.

Entropia

No One Remembers
In Cata, the first thing I saw was "OH SHIT RAGNAROS IS BACK! WTF DEATHWING TEAMED UP! FUUUUUUUUU!!!" Every zone, except Uldum, was extremely exciting from the get-go.

Even the starting zone of Panda was dreadfully boring when compared to Goblins, Worgens, and Death Knights.

We know that Garrosh is the final villain in MoP. The fun part of this storyline is that although we know he's a bit of a brash asshole he's done nothing that makes both the Alliance AND the Horde want to kill him. With Illidan, Deathwing, The Lich King, Kael, Vashj, etc. we all knew their backstories and why we wanted to go in there and get rid of them. Garrosh is not like that.

So I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens as we move through the expansion to the final content patch where we have the raid on Orgrimmar.

scoobs

I was more attacking theside grades ion of people having to grind for specific rep for enchants was unacceptable but grinding for gear that sometime's very close to bis was. People should be able to grind for vanity items (shadopan hat for example)/mount and it would maintain relavancy, but not gear/enchantments to progess, otherwise their reasoning for getting rid of head enchants was stupid.
None of the rep rewards are BiS. All optional sidegrades (usually downgrades) to stuff you can get from raiding

Irnbru

Haven't been in this thread in a few days, what's the consensus on Heart of Fear? Much harder than MV?

I've felt its a bigger gear check? At least on the healers. It's not to bad, though we've only down'd one boss the two hours we've been in there.

Berordn

Re-playing some old WotLK content on an alt and it's fun / amusing to see how the Zandalari are good guys at that point.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a few old faces pop up when Zandalar Island becomes available, as some sort of resistance faction to the Mogu allegiance. Could be neat. Maybe even use or recognize players who have the old Zandalari rep.

Rokam

Get Klaxxi Exalted and you'll see what they are hiding in Klaxxi'Vess. That is all I'm gonna say.

Nothing? The room was empty when I did the quest. Just the revelation that when/if the Old Gods return, the Klaxxi won't be standing with us

Bizazedo

Concurring with Rokam, did I miss something in the room?

[edit] No, I didn't. I'll have to check it out tonight, I was mostly looking at murals.

Rokam

Yeah but that's not surprising.
And those newborns will swarm eventually, most will die, the strong will survive. That's not something major.

Tarazet

Yeah but that's not surprising.
And those newborns will swarm eventually, most will die, the strong will survive. That's not something major.

I thought the revelation that they exterminate Panderen in order to strengthen their own gene pool was pretty eye-opening.

Rokam

I thought the revelation that they exterminate Panderen in order to strengthen their own gene pool was pretty eye-opening.

Think that was revealed when you first start questing with them though. Also regarding what's inside Klaxxi'Vess
I only see 4 eggs.
The one interesting thing is
the picture on the Wall is of the Old God that's dead in Darkshore.

We know that Garrosh is the final villain in MoP. The fun part of this storyline is that although we know he's a bit of a brash asshole he's done nothing that makes both the Alliance AND the Horde want to kill him. With Illidan, Deathwing, The Lich King, Kael, Vashj, etc. we all knew their backstories and why we wanted to go in there and get rid of them. Garrosh is not like that.

So I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens as we move through the expansion to the final content patch where we have the raid on Orgrimmar.

Oh yes, let's create a story that's leading to a plot twist, but reveal it to everyone before it even comes out.

The story behind the "enemies" in Panda are as good as Chris Metzen's voice acting.
Terrible.

Clipse

So it seems like the weekly Mimiron's Head run I go to every week on OpenRaid is dead. Any Gaffers interested in starting up our own weekly run? Would probably need about 15 or so people and we can have a stacking roll bonus for every week people attend unless we have the same people coming every week.

I'd honestly rather just zerg through this place as fast as possible and not worry about achievements since you can easily find an Ulduar achievement run on OpenRaid any day of the week.

Sarcasm

How/Which best way to level cooking? I am like at 555 and its getting annoying...

I just leveled some way of the steamer tilt hat recipe was grey. It did not lvl my main cooking nor can I get ANY new recipes..so wtf how do I lvl it!?

How/Which best way to level cooking? I am like at 555 and its getting annoying...

I just leveled some way of the steamer tilt hat recipe was grey. It did not lvl my main cooking nor can I get ANY new recipes..so wtf how do I lvl it!?

The main cooking should level with one of the highest Way of the Cooking.

You only need to focus on one to make it happen.

Sophia

I have to make banquets to lvl!?! one of the mats requires 1 paw..what junk is this!

Make the regular Banquets, which require an Ironpaw Token or some cash on the AH. The Great Banquets require twice the mats, but give two less skillups than simply doing two regular banquets.

Sophia

The best food requiring an Ironpaw Token sucks too. My guild just mandated that everyone have the best food items on them for a raid.

Berordn

The best food requiring an Ironpaw Token sucks too. My guild just mandated that everyone have the best food items on them for a raid.

That's... kind of silly. With how inflated stats are now, the 25 primary stat points are nice, but not going to prevent a wipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom