• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

That's... kind of silly. With how inflated stats are now, the 25 primary stat points are nice, but not going to prevent a wipe.

That's what I thought. Seems to have been in response to the DPS issues we're running into. But it gives me an excuse to level cooking and fishing, the later of which I have sorely neglected.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Damn, 17 percent on Garalon. I figured it was going to be super hard by the way people talked about it.

[edit]

16 percent now.

Guess we're hitting the enrage.

Basically I guess DK's ability priority is the least complex and the DPS scales well with gear?

DKs aren't GCD locked and probably won't be except during execute phases I guess.

GCD locked classes aren't so punishing if you push a button a little late. So long as you aren't sitting on runes (outside of some weird playstyles where you need to sit on one of them i.e. DW frost), aren't sitting on RP and using your procs/cooldowns you're pretty much golden.

Rokam

Ummm... what the hell is going on here?
l8tlx.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Pandaria late-game; so bad that people go to Burning Steppes and have fun there instead :lol

Sarcasm

So your free to PvP in halfhill? NO guards help? I watched (as I alt tabbed back in) being ganked in the middle of the inn. By the baby DK class (go figure).

Tarazet

Why is it when DKs mess up there is very little punishment if they do? Were as other classes get punished heavier?

They don't have to watch buff timers, manage Energy or build Rage. I've played Feral Druid, Ret Paladin, and Unholy DK at 85+, and they are nowhere near close to each other in terms of just playing pull after pull at around ~90% of your class' capability. In uncapable hands, the DK is still a good class. Bad Paladins are still OK. Bad Druids and Rogues are godawful.

However, I think getting that last 10% is easier with a Ret Paladin than it is with a DK. In terms of depth with cooldown usage and procs, the DK is a little more subtle and requires a better understanding of the buffs involved and how they work together.

Dude, Halo 4 and the election. Fuck.

I would get Halo 4, but I'm strapped for cash. Maybe we'll see one of those $40 deals between now and Christmas.

And not sure how much I want to renew my WoW sub after this current month runs out. Nothing wrong with the game, but I just haven't felt too inspired to play it lately and I'd rather not be burning money on playtime I'm not using. I'll see how I feel more when the time nears - if I play just a little bit, it may rekindle my interest.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Mal'Ganis is reset!

Go do your Sha, turn in your [Lesser Charm of Good Fortune] and go kill Galleon
lol

Mal'Ganis is reset!

Go do your Sha, turn in your [Lesser Charm of Good Fortune] and go kill Galleon
lol

Well shit, I really did cut it close getting my charms in just in time this week (usually I do it first thing). Forgot how the time change would affect the daily reset period.

Yoshichan

>exalted with August Celestials
>mount "reward" for 9k gold

no thx

Robin64

Eff that. Never going to replace my fiery mount from Molten Front anyway. The size is perfect. Hate big mounts.

Yoshichan

Some interesting blue posts about Brawlers Guild and the BMAH.

Why put Brawler's Guild pass on the BMAH? Now I'll just never see it because I hate the BMAH.
The experience won't be good if 1000 players hit the brawls when the patch drops. We need to ramp up slowly, but we'll ramp up.

From what I have seen its not instanced. You literally have to wait in line for your turn.Hope I'm wrong
It is not instanced. We have plenty of instanced content. We want these to have spectators.

Seems like a design failure. Shouldn't have to bow and scrape to the 1% in game to see content. Not a good feels.
I expect everyone who wants to brawl will be able to. Just not the day the patch goes live. Slow down, as the Pandaren say.

Also, Conquest Point Cap Increase

To help everyone keep up with the upcoming system in 5.1 that will allow you to upgrade your Conquest gear with Conquest Points, a hotfix is being implemented very soon that will raise the Conquest Point caps:

At 1500 rating, the Arena Conquest Cap will now be 1800 (up from 1350), while the Rated Battleground Conquest cap will be 2200 (up from 1650). As always, when your rating increases, so will your cap.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Finally done with Klaxxi... i feel... free.

And as nice as the 389 necklace and ring are for my alts, i will never, ever, bother grinding to exalted with Golden Lotus and Klaxxi again, even with the 5.1 rep changes. They will hit revered and be done with it.

Voidguts

if anyone would like to chain run some heroics for valor later today hit me up! KYGB#1998, Horde/US - I heal and my partner is DPS.

after running MSV (raid finder) this morning I'm at 469 ilvl.. -_- soo close to being able to do HoF. right now my plan is to get valor capped ASAP and rent/return a necklace or something, haha.

Yoshichan

So... six hours from now, Galleon will spawn (as the Mal'Ganis servers go up).

"I can't wait."

mclem

We're so close with Elegon, now. People have started to *get* it, DPS has shot up, and suddenly we're getting through the first rotation of phases with 3 stacks of the debuff on the boss and him on ~75% health by the time the floor reappears. I don't have a good benchmark for where to be at the end of the second set of rotations, but I'm pretty sure we're in line to beat enrage... the only problem now is the final transition when the engine starts exploding, not quite nailing the group-'n'-nuke on the leftover adds before gathering up to lay into the boss for the final kill phase.

I *think* the issue is just people thinking about adds first and not getting off the stone bit when the explosion kicks off. As we get to there a few more times we'll get less panicky by that stage.

Wondering if it's feasible to finish off Elegon *and* do Will tonight before the reset. I've heard stories of how Will is a lot easier, but from LFR experience I'm still not as good a dancer as I could be; I have real difficulty reading the stomp move and judging the 'safe' distance to run from for it.

mclem

When do you guys think 5.1 is going live?

It strikes me as a good patch for the Christmas period. Lots of exciting new content that *doesn't* require other people, meaning there's no requirement to make big plans during a time when many players will have other things on their mind.

Also: Got the 100k Got My Mind On My Money. 200k for the next... so that'll be in 2016 or so.

mclem

We know that Garrosh is the final villain in MoP. The fun part of this storyline is that although we know he's a bit of a brash asshole he's done nothing that makes both the Alliance AND the Horde want to kill him. With Illidan, Deathwing, The Lich King, Kael, Vashj, etc. we all knew their backstories and why we wanted to go in there and get rid of them. Garrosh is not like that.

Actually... do we? I know we've been told that we'll be going in and killing Garrosh at the end of the expansion, but...

* Has he explicitly been confirmed as *the* Big Bad?
* Is it definitely the Big Final Raid?

I have a hunch we don't have the whole story. I'm hoping the nature of 'not having the whole story' goes beyond "Oh hey he's corrupted by Sargeras / an old god now, go kill him".

I haven't pored all over the exact things Blizzard have said, which is why I'm wary, but when I first read them talking about it I didn't think they were talking of a *raid* so much as a world event that the storyline was building up to. That said, I may well have missed aspects.

Blizzard responded to someone who asked them to take down dailies tomorrow "Mogu and Mantid don't care about politics"
Varian Wrynn don't care about insect people.

Ultratech

I guess I'm gonna hop back to doing Dailies again. Kinda lost interest after getting Cloud Serpents done and messing with Tillers. Kinda need to do it to get my ilvl up on my Hunter, since he's sitting at around 468 right now.

It strikes me as a good patch for the Christmas period. Lots of exciting new content that *doesn't* require other people, meaning there's no requirement to make big plans during a time when many players will have other things on their mind.

Sounds about right I think. Right now, they don't seem to be ready, and they'll probably want to test stuff for about another month. So I'd say Christmas or early January.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Actually... do we? I know we've been told that we'll be going in and killing Garrosh at the end of the expansion, but...

* Has he explicitly been confirmed as *the* Big Bad?
* Is it definitely the Big Final Raid?

I have a hunch we don't have the whole story. I'm hoping the nature of 'not having the whole story' goes beyond "Oh hey he's corrupted by Sargeras / an old god now, go kill him".

We do, it was like one of the first things released after the press tour NDA was lifted:
http://www.wowhead.com/news=201616/...ess-event-full-monk-talents-revealed-and-more

Sophia

Some interesting blue posts about Brawlers Guild and the BMAH.

Guarantee you on every server those will either devalued to the point of worthlessness or they'll all be in the 300,000g+ range within minutes. There is no way the top guilds are going to not control those. ><;

Yoshichan

Guarantee you on every server those will either devalued to the point of worthlessness or they'll all be in the 300,000g+ range within minutes. There is no way the top guilds are going to not control those. ><;
We do! Have faith!

Nugg

I have every intention of devaluing the system as much as possible in protest of how stupid it is, and I can actually get away with it on a dead relam like Cenarion Circle. >_>;

Even if you get an invite, I'm fairly certain there will be some kind of cooldown or limit of some sort preventing you from inviting too many people too quickly.

mclem

Even if you get an invite, I'm fairly certain there will be some kind of cooldown or limit of some sort preventing you from inviting too many people too quickly.

I'm thinking that a mechanic kinda akin to Silithid Carapace Fragments / Agent of Nozdormu could work kinda well.

Yoshichan

12 more minutes... spamming the shit out of log in servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom