• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rokam

Rösti;44057053 said:
People standing still not minding his crush abilities?

Deliberately running into circle, getting pheromones and just standing there, or better yet running through him and then into the main raid. Not trading off Pheromones (Had a stack up to 55). It's awful, and can't wait for the nerf.

B-Dex

Take the time to explain the fight for all the new people that come...

People proceed to wipe the raid by getting crushed.

STAY OUT OF THE PURPLE CIRCLE.

Tarazet

I spent some time two-manning Cata heroics yesterday for Horde faction rep. It was me (Druid tank) and a Warlock with Symbiosis on him for Rejuv. Neither of us came close to dying, and we got the Faster than the Speed of Light achievement which none of my PuGs ever could back then. I didn't really feel leveling up like I was getting massively more powerful, but now that even a tank can pull 30k DPS easily and has 500-600k+ HP, those old dungeons are trivial.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I spent some time two-manning Cata heroics yesterday for Horde faction rep. It was me (Druid tank) and a Warlock with Symbiosis on him for Rejuv. Neither of us came close to dying, and we got the Faster than the Speed of Light achievement which none of my PuGs ever could back then. I didn't really feel leveling up like I was getting massively more powerful, but now that even a tank can pull 30k DPS easily and has 500-600k+ HP, those old dungeons are trivial.
Sounds op

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Even if it had no cooldown, though, it would just make them like Boomkins. (How much longer do you think they'll be allowed to heal in shapeshift form?)
Hopefully until forever. Best glyph ever.

Tarazet

Hopefully until forever. Best glyph ever.

That's what worries me a bit. Healing Touch? Fine, it's necessary to proc Dream of Cenarius. That should really be baseline or part of that talent. Rejuv? Questionable, especially since Moonkins are never low on mana unless they chain-channel Hurricane for a minute straight.

Berordn

That's what worries me a bit. Healing Touch? Fine, it's necessary to proc Dream of Cenarius. That should really be baseline or part of that talent. Rejuv? Questionable, especially since Moonkins are never low on mana unless they chain-channel Hurricane for a minute straight.

They're not doing DPS right now, so they might as well be doing something.

don't hurt me

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Considering the easy mode that is LFR usually, im surprised Blizzard left that purple circle for Garalon.

Tarazet

They're not doing DPS right now, so they might as well be doing something.

don't hurt me

I've seen some amazingly good Moonkins. I saw one pull 60k on Feng the first week LFR was open. I can't figure out how to get good results out of it myself, but I've gotten pretty good with Feral.

Enosh

internet died on 7% Will (I'm the tank) -.-
good thing it was down for only like 5 mins and we got it down after that otherwise some people would be very angry ^^
on the plus side, think I had a flawless dance on the kill

Yoshichan

So tired of all the politics talk in raids... stfu and do your job, scrubs.

Yoshichan

Demanded gold for the amount of wipes I had to deal with (I'm a pug, I joined their guild run). Got 2k gold.

#gottadowhatevertosurvive

Yoshichan

>Faith restores in humanity

I just met 9 people that I love raiding with. I'll casually stroll around in their guild while healing for them...

You could almost say that I serve... for now...

EIz8X.jpg

I saw your broadcast about looking for a DPS earlier Yoshi, but being out of it for a week and not having any experience in Heart of Fear I didn't even want to possibly be a burden, more than a help. Sounds like you had a good time anyway though!

Elemental Shaman-gaf assemble. Or anyone but I need some help. Currently using Flashfrozen Resin Globule which I use along side Ascendance for obvious reasons. However I just got Light of the Cosmos (LFR), with only 1 dot and a 45 sec ICD it's about a proc every minute. Any opinions?

Not sure. How valuable is haste compared to hit for you? Just based on what you said, Light of the Cosmos is probably better eyeballing it, though I'd have to dig through some numbers I don't know offhand to confirm.

Yoshichan

I saw your broadcast about looking for a DPS earlier Yoshi, but being out of it for a week and not having any experience in Heart of Fear I didn't even want to possibly be a burden, more than a help. Sounds like you had a good time anyway though!
Always hook me up with a PM though, don't be embarrassed! :D

Rokam

5 sigils this week from Mogu'Shan Vaults on my Shaman. Dk = 0, he's still stuck at only 3 even though he had an extra week or 2 of lfr. Meanwhile my shaman is at 9. Damn you....!!!!

Krogan

Elemental Shaman-gaf assemble. Or anyone but I need some help. Currently using Flashfrozen Resin Globule which I use along side Ascendance for obvious reasons. However I just got Light of the Cosmos (LFR), with only 1 dot and a 45 sec ICD it's about a proc every minute. Any opinions?
What other trinket are you using (I assume DMF Card)? I would say use Light of the Cosmos but holy hell is it hard to find an elemental shaman trinket ranking. I really wish it was easier to tell outright whether a trinket is an upgrade or not.

Rokam

What other trinket are you using (I assume DMF Card)? I would say use Light of the Cosmos but holy hell is it hard to find an elemental shaman trinket ranking. I really wish it was easier to tell outright whether a trinket is an upgrade or not.

Yeah DMF. I know that the trinket in Terrace is BiS, but the inbetween trinkets are such a bitch.

In other news successfully did Garalon. Explained the fight, found another kiter to do it with me. I fucked up and kited too fast and died, but being dead I was able to call out swaps, and a tank was fast to pick up my kiting duty. I'm pretty sure on LFR you can just have the tanks kite now though. So long as they're not stacking. We also 1 shot it, wiped once due to boss dropping down while still clearing trash but that doesn't count. It's nice to know there's still good players out there, a little embarrassed I died after all the explaining.

Sarcasm

An extra bank you have to pay for when putting things in. The notion is that you put things in there you never use but would like to keep, maybe items from old events long gone.

Was hoping it was a way to share items for xmorg. Maybe by removing all stats and the such.

Yoshichan

Long night... I met the most wonderful person I've ever met on the Internet and time just flew by. I guess I'm heading to bed now...

I'm bummed that they've only announced an achievement/reward for 150 mounts, currently sitting at 190/192 depending on character. Even more bummed at the choice of reward :(

Now to wait for EU servers to come back up and get a Galleon kill.

Westlo

Yup, I really hate the contrived ancient china theme. Panda is the worst expansion for me.

It's definitely not as exciting as the others.

Can't say I agree with that... I just hit 90 yesterday which would make this the first expansion I hit max level at the start of it since The Burning Crusade. Wrath I quit @ 73 before coming back when TOC came out (and quitting again halfway through my 2 month prepaid), Cata I think I just did hyjal... and that was it lol.

Anyway hit 90 with ilevel 437 thanks to doing klaxxi quests for the last level, made 450 neck+rings with my jc alt, put on the blue pvp gear for my mage and was @ 450. Got my DMF trinket, did SM and got a ring + whitemane's hat, did a scenario and got a good mage ring of the same ilevel. Did Scarlet halls and got robes of koegler, than did Sha and got glad gloves (+ of course epic boots for quest turn in)

Time for LFR! Next 10 ilevels to access the newer LFR shit is going to be a pain, will nowhere be as easy...

strafer

Activision Blizzard Q3 2012 Earnings Call on November 7

Keep your fingers crossed for some good numbers.

And stay out of the Conference Call thread when it's available, for your own good.

lordmrw

I just started playing WoW.

Level 21 night elf hunter.

Hi.

Take your time and enjoy the ride. I loved the leveling my rogue to level 80 when I first started playing and wish I still had the 3000 or so screenshots I took back then. if you guys knew some of the stupid shit I did while leveling up, oh man.

Slayerx

Activision Blizzard Q3 2012 Earnings Call on November 7

Keep your fingers crossed for some good numbers.

And stay out of the Conference Call thread when it's available, for your own good.
No need to cross fingers. Q3 only covers period up to September 30 and they released the numbers shortly after. Even if numbers are down now they won't report them.

crpav

Seems about my luck. I get on this morning to do a few dailies while my wife showers. I see someone forming a Galleon group as he was up. I join, we get about 38 people and proceed to fight him. We wipe several times and of course those who know what to do say to GET ADDS and USE STRONGEST CD FOR CRUSH(or whatever he uses). Well after the few wipes and a few people leave I had to log off to shower and get ready for work. I jump on after shower, getting ready and dressing and of course they downed him.

Draxal

Yanger: As somebody who leans right and agrees with most of what you're saying, I'd avoid posting in OT atm, you're just going to get dogpiled on and have your words twisted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom