• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, sorry in advance for noobish questions.
I see that some epic items have written under the name "raid finder", what does that mean?
I know that to improve reputation with the order of cloud serpent you can find some eggs in the island where you start questing for them, is this a frustrating method? Has someone manage to get a real improvement by searching for these eggs?

I'm a Brewmaster monk, is this a good stats priority?
Stamina>agility>expertise>mastery=dodge=crit
Expertise for keeping Shuffle up, mastery for Stagger, dodge for dodging (lol) crit for Elusive brew.
It is better to choose Dampen Harm or Heling Elixirs?

This is my main rotation/cd.
Jab/Keg smash (Expel Harm quite never) as chi generators
Blackout Kick-Purifying Brew-Guard as chi burners

Secondary chi burners are
Breath of fire - zen spehere - Rushing jade wind

Then i spam Elusive brew when has >10 stacks, Dampen harm in bossfights, Leg sweep and Spinning Crane kick when i pull 5/6+ mobs pack

Do i miss something?

Thanks in advance.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hello everyoooooone :3 Feel really good today!

Entropia

No One Remembers
Hey guys, sorry in advance for noobish questions.
I see that some epic items have written under the name "raid finder", what does that mean?
I know that to improve reputation with the order of cloud serpent you can find some eggs in the island where you start questing for them, is this a frustrating method? Has someone manage to get a real improvement by searching for these eggs?

I'm a Brewmaster monk, is this a good stats priority?
Stamina>agility>expertise>mastery=dodge=crit
Expertise for keeping Shuffle up, mastery for Stagger, dodge for dodging (lol) crit for Elusive brew.
It is better to choose Dampen Harm or Heling Elixirs?

This is my main rotation/cd.
Jab/Keg smash (Expel Harm quite never) as chi generators
Blackout Kick-Purifying Brew-Guard as chi burners

Secondary chi burners are
Breath of fire - zen spehere - Rushing jade wind

Then i spam Elusive brew when has >10 stacks, Dampen harm in bossfights, Leg sweep and Spinning Crane kick when i pull 5/6+ mobs pack

Do i miss something?

Thanks in advance.

You want to use Expel Harm off cooldown but not in your initial rotation/setup because it heals you.

From my understanding:
Stamina > Agility > Hit/Expertise > Haste > Crit > Mastery

You want to use Expel Harm off cooldown but not in your initial rotation/setup because it heals you.

From my understanding:
Stamina > Agility > Hit/Expertise > Haste > Crit > Mastery

Thanks. Of course i do not use Expel harm in the very first phase of fight :p. It costs 20 energy more than Jab.
You are probably right about specs (i started to play Wow on August this year). I have to reforge a lot, asd.

Trickster

Just tried garalon in lfr. Holy shit is he insanely easy lol. Debuff timer for pungency only last 20 seconds, totally trivialising the biggest part of the fight, I was litterally laughing when i noticed it. I had been discussing with my guild mate, who was also a tank, how we were gonna be able to handle the 2 minute timer in something like lfr beforehand.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Just tried garalon in lfr. Holy shit is he insanely easy lol. Debuff timer for pungency only last 20 seconds, totally trivialising the biggest part of the fight, I was litterally laughing when i noticed it. I had been discussing with my guild mate, who was also a tank, how we were gonna be able to handle the 2 minute timer in something like lfr beforehand.

Insanely easy huh? My 2 attempts yesterday ended up in a wipe after 2 or 3 mins.

Maybe I should try again in a few days once people actually know what to do.

Raskett

This means that the particular item was obtained using the LFR (looking for raid) function in game, similar to when you see the word 'Heroic' on items that have been obtained from Heroic dungeons.

LFR items have higher stats than Heroic but less than items obtained without using the LFR function (actually forming a group on your server and hitting the raid - usually done by guilds).

LFR = raid finder

Thanks. Of course i do not use Expel harm in the very first phase of fight :p. It costs 20 energy more than Jab.
You are probably right about specs (i started to play Wow on August this year). I have to reforge a lot, asd.

Huh? All Chi generators (Keg Smash, Jab and Expel Harm) should be 40 energy.

Anybody have a map of where the eggs for the cloud serpents spawn? I've found three or four. I'm half way there. I always end up patrolling the islands but I don't know if eggs only spawn at the top or that they can spawn other places like the sides of the cliffs.

Suggestions?

Insanely easy huh? My 2 attempts yesterday ended up in a wipe after 2 or 3 mins.

Only took my LFR group 3 pulls to get it right. It requires 2 tanks who know where to stand, 2 kiters who can trade aggro, 4 dps who can keep an eye on mend leg and 17 warm bodies who can pump out enough dps without running through a huge purple circle.

I can see the encounter being painful for the hurr durr crowd but its execution difficulty is vastly overstated. My friends were telling me their LFR runs in HoF yesterday would shed 10-12 people as soon as blade lord died. Casuals running scurred.

I guess the silver lining is that the people who run the 2nd half of HoF in LFR next week will be of higher quality since they ground it out through Garalon.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Only took my LFR group 3 pulls to get it right. It requires 2 tanks who know where to stand, 2 kiters who can trade aggro, 4 dps who can keep an eye on mend leg and 17 warm bodies who can pump out enough dps without running through a huge purple circle.

I can see the encounter being painful for the hurr durr crowd but its execution difficulty is vastly overstated. My friends were telling me their LFR runs in HoF yesterday would shed 10-12 people as soon as blade lord died. Casuals running scurred.

I guess the silver lining is that the people who run the 2nd half of HoF in LFR next week will be of higher quality since they ground it out through Garalon.

Yeah, was pretty easy when I did it, only difference from what you describe is our two tanks were the kiters. Works out well as it pretty much guarantees tanks are in position for the swipe.

Formosa

Hi can someone explain what epic gems are and what are the ways to obtain them? All I know is that I can buy epic gems off AH, but anywhere else?

Are PvP power gems = epic gems?

Are cogwheels gems? What do they do?

Berordn

Hi can someone explain what epic gems are and what are the ways to obtain them? All I know is that I can buy epic gems off AH, but anywhere else?

Are PvP power gems = epic gems?

Are cogwheels gems? What do they do?

Just gems with a purple name. There's no epic quality MoP gems yet, exception being the JC only gems.

Enosh

I give p on HoF LFR, I always get 2/6 and when I do go into one of those it's just a constant wipe fest
no matter how many times people write in chat, in raid warning "don't go in the purple circle" people still go into the fucking purple circle and stand there

this boss is simply impossible for the wast majority of lfr pugs and 1 or 2 players are enough to wipe the whole raid

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I hear you, Enosh. Some people in the groups I was in didn't even manage to go down the stairs (to Garalon's platform) so they got locked out once the encounter started.

If Blizzard decides to nerf Garalon I wonder what they will do. Remove Crush entirely maybe, for that is what most people seem to have a problem with.

Rösti;44100757 said:
I hear you, Enosh. Some people in the groups I was in didn't even manage to go down the stairs (to Garalon's platform) so they got locked out once the encounter started.

If Blizzard decides to nerf Garalon I wonder what they will do. Remove Crush entirely maybe, for that is what most people seem to have a problem with.

I would hate for this to happen. List of things they could do: Make Mend Leg prefer his rear legs so there's less a chance of melee running through him to trigger Crush. Put Crush on a 45-60s cooldown so your raid healers don't burn through all their mana after 2 minutes of the boss humping the ground. Make him turn more slowly in general (Ryolith speed) so fewer people eat swipe. Make Fury stacks fall off faster.

Enosh

I read a good one on MMO champion
have crush do max dmg in the purple circle and a lot less to the rest of the raid, so the idiots standing under the boss get killed and don't wipe the raid for some 22-24 other people in the process

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Anybody have a map of where the eggs for the cloud serpents spawn? I've found three or four. I'm half way there. I always end up patrolling the islands but I don't know if eggs only spawn at the top or that they can spawn other places like the sides of the cliffs.

Suggestions?

Here you go, this site has all the locations marked and with screenshots, pretty quick to memorize.

http://sneakysams.blogspot.ie/p/onyx-egg-locations.html

B-Dex

ME and another HEALER had to do Pheromones today because the HERP DERP DPS facerollers didn't want their dps meters to look shit.

I even raged at my server in trade chat and exited game after.

Take 2 mins to learn a mechanic. Everyone wins. DO NOTHING, CONTRIBUTE NOTHING, WHINE WHEN IT's NOT INSTANT PULLS, fuck off. Seriously. GO play Hello Kitty Island Adventure if u wanna be carried and faceroll.

So sick of the idiots in LFR.

Blizz is to blame though for making everything else moronically easy a blind deaf ape could do it.

Trickster

Well both me and my guildmate have experience on the actual non-lfr version of the fight, and we were the 2 tanks/debuff switchers. And we went into the fight on lfr, thinking the debuff timer lasted 2 minutes like on normal, then it turned out to be only 20 seconds, so the thing that's probably the only part of the fight that's "hard". Is utterly trivialized in lfr.

It was funny though, because at the beggining some idiots obviously took the debuff from, because it's lfr afterall, and then just ran full fucking speed in a circle around the boss before I manged to get the debuff off him. Makes me chuckle when I see people demonstrate how bad they are at this game.

But yeah, ofc course the fight is hard if you you don't have tanks that have a fucking clue what they are doing, and are to lazy to look up the fight (which so many are, boggles my fucking mind sometimes)

I've gotten too much into the habit of burning elder charms as soon as the boss dies. Wasted two this week on bosses that had nothing to offer me (i.e. already had the loot I needed)

#firstworldproblems

Entropia

No One Remembers
In HoF run, got 0/3 (yay!)... kill first 2 bosses -> everyone leaves. Been standing here for the past 10-15 minutes waiting for people. Think I am the only person left of the original 25. :|

ch0mp

In HoF run, got 0/3 (yay!)... kill first 2 bosses -> everyone leaves. Been standing here for the past 10-15 minutes waiting for people. Think I am the only person left of the original 25. :|
It seems likely that the only people getting a 0/6 queue are the people that have already killed him. Took me probably 10 aborts before I got 0/6.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow at the "nerf".

Macattk15

Killed it on the first pull in LFR ... though half the LFR was our guild ... seemed quite easy just a little long.

Someone got stomped out by his smash though.

I was rewarded with gold ... I don't bother using extra rolls in LFR.

Trickster

Yeah, it really takes a good group. Actually, probably some people who know about the pheremones more than anything.

It doesn't take a good group, it just takes for people to stop treating lfr as a 30 minute "slam my head at the keyboard for free epics" type of thing. Granted that's blizzard fault for making lfr that easy in the first place.

But seriously, you need to know a total of 3 things

2 tanks stand in front of boss all the time
dps legs when they are there
2 dps/tank take turn having debuff for 20 seconds ( how you do this should be painfully obvious if you see a single video of the garalon fight )

so hard...

One of the problems is that generally, people are so lazy in lfr, that no one even bothers explaining something like this, and instead people wipe 2-3 times and then half the raid leaves because it's "hard"

Xiaoki

The boss is a nightmare because it requires actual coordination, something LFR severely lacks on most days

He's a nightmare because he's extremely griefable.

One person running in and standing under him will wipe the raid.

Also, people getting Pheromones and running around all over the place.

Unfortunately, Blizzard has to design LFR mechanics with the thought that if it can be griefed it will be griefed and often.

Kenai

They fixed the wrong part of the encounter. Clueless as to why the boss is a nightmare in lfr lol.

My guildie and I wiped multiple times in a row, went through at least 5-6 different sets of people and our LFR queues on Ysera were stuck on that guy for the entire night. All it takes is one person not playing attention for him to spam Crush over and over again, even yelling "DON'T STAND IN THE PURPLE CIRCLE". And that's if half the raid isn't locked out because some idiot pulled early.

Macattk15

Unfortunately, Blizzard has to design LFR mechanics with the thought that if it can be griefed it will be griefed and often.

Wat?

We had an overzealous melee get pancake'ed by running in the purple circle but I don't think anyone else took any damage from it since they were all outside of it when we one shot pulled him last night.

It doesn't take a good group, it just takes for people to stop treating lfr as a 30 minute "slam my head at the keyboard for free epics" type of thing. Granted that's blizzard fault for making lfr that easy in the first place.

But seriously, you need to know a total of 3 things

2 tanks stand in front of boss all the time
dps legs when they are there
2 dps/tank take turn having debuff for 20 seconds ( how you do this should be painfully obvious if you see a single video of the garalon fight )

so hard...

One of the problems is that generally, people are so lazy in lfr, that no one even bothers explaining something like this, and instead people wipe 2-3 times and then half the raid leaves because it's "hard"

Lol, you have no idea how many explanations I've been through saying the same thing and people still wipe the raid. The fact is that the fight has one mechanic that wipes the raid, and that's enough to be a LFR killer.

Trickster

It hits everyone in the raid.

It just doesn't hit very hard in lfr. As long as people aren't running under him practically non stop the entire fight, it shouldn't be a problem at all.

Lol, you have no idea how many explanations I've been through saying the same thing and people still wipe the raid. The fact is that the fight has one mechanic that wipes the raid, and that's enough to be a LFR killer.

Yeah you're definitely always gonna have the idiots that fail no matter what anyone says. Like I said at the beginning of my posts, the reason for this is that blizzard are making lfr so insanely easy, that people are so used to not having to bother doing anything in lfr, except for smashing their head into the keyboard for the 30 minutes it normally takes to do a lfr run. Garalon takes people out of that comfort zones because it requires people to actually understand a single aspect of the fight

But really, if the 2 tanks and/or 2 random dps gets told specifically what to do, in whisper or whatever. I really can't see it being a problem. Rest of the raid can continue to smash their head into the keyboard. People in my raid were clearly utterly retarded. But because me and the other tank knew what to do, we one shotted the boss with ease.

Neki

If one person is griefing you, kick them then. If someone wants to grief you, they'll still do it, regardless of mechanics. Garalon just makes it easier, and I'm not sure how you could fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom