• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Playing with the right people makes all the difference... oh my God, I'm in love.

How does it actually play now that you have to stay as close to capped mana as possible? That sounds to me like a sea change compared to Cata.

Not sure. I'm still just leveling a Mage (I've had one higher, but not past 70ish.)

At my level and with heirlooms, the whole mana portion of Arcane is completely negligible since it's nigh impossible to run out of mana even on boss fights. Out in the world, mobs aren't near dense enough for this to even become a remote possibility.

The buff is nice though since it's a straight pure damage one boosting the % damage you get per stack of Arcane Charge.

Tarazet

Not sure. I'm still just leveling a Mage (I've had one higher, but not past 70ish.)

At my level and with heirlooms, the whole mana portion of Arcane is completely negligible since it's nigh impossible to run out of mana even on boss fights. Out in the world, mobs aren't near dense enough for this to even become a remote possibility.

The buff is nice though since it's a straight pure damage one boosting the % damage you get per stack of Arcane Charge.

Hmm. I always thought the best way to play leveling up was just to spam Arcane Blast/Missiles until you ran out of mana, then Barrage to keep the charges low and recover. Even with every heirloom you can get, I was running low on mana on long fights, then getting a lot of it back after I blew all my Arcane Charges. That was in the 30's.

Hmm. I always thought the best way to play leveling up was just to spam Arcane Blast/Missiles until you ran out of mana, then Barrage to keep the charges low and recover. Even with every heirloom you can get, I was running low on mana on long fights, then getting a lot of it back after I blew all my Arcane Charges. That was in the 30's.

Was this recently or not? It's kind of different post-Mists (I've leveled Arcane/Fire before.)

Tarazet

Was this recently or not? It's kind of different post-Mists (I've leveled Arcane/Fire before.)

Yeah this was recent, I got all the cloth/Int looms around the time Mists launched. I've been trading off leveling a male Tauren Disc/Shadow Priest (for the lulz), a Blood Elf Destruction Warlock and an Undead Arcane Mage. It's hard for me to pick between them, they're all awesome.

Sarcasm

So all I have left to hit 600 is fishing. Them I got 5 cooking branches left. I also have 6 spirit of harmony, what should I spend it on?

Tarazet

So all I have left to hit 600 is fishing. Them I got 5 cooking branches left. I also have 6 spirit of harmony, what should I spend it on?

I spent mine on crafting stuff for myself first, then leg enchants/gear to sell on the AH. Until there are more schematics, there isn't much reason to use them for anything but money-making.

Sarcasm

I spent mine on crafting stuff for myself first, then leg enchants/gear to sell on the AH. Until there are more schematics, there isn't much reason to use them for anything but money-making.

I have two uses for my main and one possible to get for alt.

Ironpaw
Archeology crate
Golden Lotus

Inversive

Just tried garalon in lfr. Holy shit is he insanely easy lol. Debuff timer for pungency only last 20 seconds, totally trivialising the biggest part of the fight, I was litterally laughing when i noticed it. I had been discussing with my guild mate, who was also a tank, how we were gonna be able to handle the 2 minute timer in something like lfr beforehand.

lol yep, it was insane how easy the LFR version is. I'm hoping i get the kill on normal tonight, we didn't spend that long on him before the reset but the mechanics are pretty simple.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Got 30 minutes of sleep after have been awake until 10AM...

Complete turn of events yesterday. From having a really great time, to suddenly becoming one of the shittier ones I've had in awhile... why must it always be like this...

Enosh

well, guild just officially moved to 10 man raiding only, 1 group only apparently
can't say I am too disappointed, 25 man at this skill level just wasn't working out

Yoshichan

Entropia

No One Remembers
well, guild just officially moved to 10 man raiding only, 1 group only apparently
can't say I am too disappointed, 25 man at this skill level just wasn't working out

That sucks, but I prefer 10 mans as it's easier to find 10 skilled/like-minded individuals than 25.

Same, so much less drama in a 10 man that's tight knit, and people get shit done

Yeah I think part of it has to do with the interactions in ten mans over 25s. In 25/40s I never talked in Vent ever because I hated the thought of being that guy who tells a bad joke or talks over everyone. I was there for progression, to get my loot, and to get out.

With ten mans though I chat it up with people all the time since it is just a smaller group and things feel more laid back. Also it is just easier to get to know people better.

mclem

Given the choice I'd prefer 25-mans, but we're frustratingly short of the numbers required, even on Wednesday. Fortunately we do have enough to occasionally run 2x10, so at least most people who want to raid can get the opportunity each week.

That's the really difficult thing about the transition, I'm finding; the simple fact that you're going to end up with a lot of people waiting around for opportunities to raid while you're trying to bolster up to 25-man numbers; you're not going to get the fifteen-or-so people you require in one jump unless you pretty much absorb another guild.

At the moment I'm wondering about whether to propose an alliance with another to fill our gaps, but I'm sure there's going to have to be some ultra-careful negotiation over loot if we do that.

I'm RL so I *do* talk on vent - through necessity - no matter how big the group is, but I'm also That Guy who quips and tells awful jokes to try to keep morale up... or at least to get everyone hating me rather than each other. Either's good!

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

I'm afraid my guild might be going towards this soon. :/

I joined them in the later part of DS while they were clearing 8/8h. Some drama happened and 2 officers left and took a few players with them, then some other people stoppled playing because of work or school.

We cleared 25-man 4/6 pretty easily but got stuck on Elegon for a while because some of the newer players just weren't cutting it. On off-nights we tried Elegon 10-man and were able to get it pretty easily.

Since then we haven't done 25s and have been doing two ten-mans but lately we've had some people becoming flakey and not show up. Ending up doing just one ten-man last night. :/

I really enjoy being on a smaller server but, fuck man, it's really hard to find new people and people aren't going to want to transfer to your guild if it isn't 6/6 vaults and 6/6 HoF.

Yeah you're definitely always gonna have the idiots that fail no matter what anyone says. Like I said at the beginning of my posts, the reason for this is that blizzard are making lfr so insanely easy, that people are so used to not having to bother doing anything in lfr, except for smashing their head into the keyboard for the 30 minutes it normally takes to do a lfr run. Garalon takes people out of that comfort zones because it requires people to actually understand a single aspect of the fight

But really, if the 2 tanks and/or 2 random dps gets told specifically what to do, in whisper or whatever. I really can't see it being a problem. Rest of the raid can continue to smash their head into the keyboard. People in my raid were clearly utterly retarded. But because me and the other tank knew what to do, we one shotted the boss with ease.

Out of all the raid fights, Galaron is the first one to have a mechanic where one person screws up, the whole raid dies. This is akin to bosses in TBC, where in a fight like Vashj, if one person is positioned wrong or does something wrong, the whole raid dies.

It just takes one person to either take the pheremones away from the tank, or have pheremones and not give it to the tank, to wipe the raid. All it takes is one idiot, healer, dps, or even a dumbass tank who doesn't know what to do, to wipe the raid.

Yoshichan

And there's my friend getting kicked out of the guild.

Which is most likely going to result in my quitting WoW. 't was a short but fun ride.

Out of all the raid fights, Galaron is the first one to have a mechanic where one person screws up, the whole raid dies. This is akin to bosses in TBC, where in a fight like Vashj, if one person is positioned wrong or does something wrong, the whole raid dies.

It just takes one person to either take the pheremones away from the tank, or have pheremones and not give it to the tank, to wipe the raid. All it takes is one idiot, healer, dps, or even a dumbass tank who doesn't know what to do, to wipe the raid.

This is one of the problems with LFR in general. Spine was absolute torture to do on LFR because people would come in and grief the raid without a second thought. Wipe, come back and they'd immediately start the fight before people knew what was happening and who to kick.

You'd think with this being their premiere casual feature they'd use a bit of forethought but apparently we can't even get the designers to work iteratively on encounter design and see some progress. There should be some golden rules for designing LFR fights:

1) No one person can cause raid damage. Ever. You want to do raid damage? Put it on a buff that needs to be dispelled or something so if 1 in 6 people is paying attention it won't happen.

2) No one person can wipe the raid through too much damage. Again, LFR spine. One tentacle goes down? The others get immunity to damage. It wouldn't have been that hard.

3) No enrage timers. If 13 people in a group aren't retarded then let them finish the fight.

Yoshichan

It's fine, I wouldn't expect GAF to understand.

Greg Street
‏@Ghostcrawler
@Medvedichh grinding a rep out in one night by running a dungeon over and over is probably never coming back.

Well it looks like I'm probably never coming back. Who wants my stuff?

Why would you want to change that?

Well, it doesn't look particularly great. It's the beginning of the hadouken.

4Cf78.jpg

Here's me doing the Serpent Kick with it.

Rf1WX.jpg

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
After several wipes on Galaron I don't think LFR can handle him, lol

But... but... some people on GAF said he was incredibly easy on LFR.

He might be incredibly easy compared to normal, but don't undestimated the stupidity of the common WoW player.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

He might be incredibly easy compared to normal, but don't undestimated the stupidity of the common WoW player.

He will probably not be a problem in a few weeks when people know what to do. Now every wipe half the raid leaves so it's a constant flow of new people every attempt.

I just wait a few hours before queueing up. Ended up with a raid that apparently had the least skeletons on the floor, so I was optimistic.

The raid finally did it, and with 6 retarded people locked out. Maybe it's better that retards just die locked out than actually fight.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

He's not hard once you get 2 people who know how to do the debuff and you tell all melee to not go into the purple circle.

I one shot is last night that way, healer and I past the debuff back and forth.

Tarazet

3 days away from WoW for a business trip ends tonight, I won't say I have withdrawals but I'm looking forward to getting back into things. Going to try out LFR HoF for sure.

B-Dex

I think I am done with the baboons in this game. Community is total shit now. I log on to lvl alts and avoid everyone else. My guild's early 10man group is just starting. The late one that I am in with the more "hardcore" people has a fucked up schedule and we can barely get enough together on scheduled nights.

I have a lot of free time left tho from D3 CE....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom