• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yay! Got my 500 stat to all item :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
edit: I'm not even going to bother. Forget it.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Is there anything I can do with justice or valor points that doesn't involve doing dailies and gaining rep? It's just been building up because all the gear I saw on the vendor had rep requirements. I haven't really done any dailies since TBC since they suck.

gotoadgo

Is there anything I can do with justice or valor points that doesn't involve doing dailies and gaining rep? It's just been building up because all the gear I saw on the vendor had rep requirements. I haven't really done any dailies since TBC since they suck.
You can convert justice to honour and buy some pvp gear, or buy some old trade mats :p You can also use justice for heirloom items. Valour is useless unless you have rep sadly.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Work on Galaron with guild, bring it down to 16 and 18 percent.

Discuss how bringing 3 melee cleavers (Warrior (myself), other Warrior and Rogue) would help with enrage.

Sit myself out for the second boss two weeks in a row to help DK in guild get loot.

DK replaces me for Garalon.

The mind fucking boggles. I hope they fucking wipe on that fucking boss all night while I masturbate to their whining in vent.

Yes, I am u mad bro.

[edit]

OH NICE, they brought in a Rogue who doesn't even play Combat. That's fucking nice.

Einchy

They finally put me in there and we downed it. Who would've thought that 3 cleaving melees would've made the difference?

NeoCross

I'm thinking about starting fresh in MoP, and I'm torn between Druid or Pally. I love healing and have healed since Vanilla and already played Shaman and Priest.

Which class is more fun to heal, Druid or Pally?

scoobs

I'm thinking about starting fresh in MoP, and I'm torn between Druid or Pally. I love healing and have healed since Vanilla and already played Shaman and Priest.

Which class is more fun to heal, Druid or Pally?

druid is the correct answer to this question. druid healing is prob the most fun other than monk imo

Yoshichan

I just sent a real life mail + a Yoshi plush and wished my best friend in WoW happy birthday. Hopefully it'll get there in time ._.

Sweden to Canada shipping costs a lot.

mclem

After several wipes on Galaron I don't think LFR can handle him, lol

Was nervous about it after all the reports, but we downed it in four tries. And two of those were accidental pulls.

Amusingly, after the second pull, about ten people left citing a tanking failure as being the problem. I assume because of the fact that the boss was spinning like crazy because the tanks couldn't get the pheremones back off people running away from them. The most frustrating thing in this game for me - and something I've worked hard to beat out of the raids I've run - is people diagnosing failures incorrectly based on assumptions, ignorance and perception.

Fortunately, after we refilled after that second big wipe, and I blatted through the absolute basics again, it was fine. One person was still a little too fond of the purple circle, but a typed yell after the third time stopped him doing it.

I assume tanks-with-pheremones is not viable in Normal, given the crushes on swaps?

(Also yay: Two drops from that LFR *AND* Two Sigils. Awesome, given how terrible my luck's been with Mogu'shan's LFR. One drop was the helm, though, and I'm trying to weigh up whether it's better to go for a 489 DPS helm repurposed for tanking (with a bit of tactical reforging to dump some of the crit) or the 483 helm intended for tanking but with my less-favoured tank stats on it.)

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
So is MoP worth a purchase and fresh install after not playing WoW for over a year? I don't care for dungeons and raids, and PvP is on the lower end of the spectrum.

It feels slightly dirty to say that I would play the game for the few levels and areas it would provide. But I love me some WoW - even if that affection is tied mostly to memories.

Einchy

It's definitely worth it too see the new continent, probably the most beautiful in the game.

No reset today or is it just super late again?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So is MoP worth a purchase and fresh install after not playing WoW for over a year? I don't care for dungeons and raids, and PvP is on the lower end of the spectrum.

It feels slightly dirty to say that I would play the game for the few levels and areas it would provide. But I love me some WoW - even if that affection is tied mostly to memories.

It's worth it, even if you only play one month while you're questing in Pandaria. You'll still get more hours of gametime than many new 60$ games.

Finaika

Pandaria is beautiful.

Bizazedo

480 ilvl (yay!). Not much to look forward to in LFR Heart of Fear yet and guild is casual, so we'll see how much it slows down (boo!),

450 ilvl trinket holding me back..!

Bisnic

480 ilvl (yay!). Not much to look forward to in LFR Heart of Fear yet and guild is casual, so we'll see how much it slows down (boo!),

450 ilvl trinket holding me back..!

Speaking of 450 trinket... ever since i got the Darkmoon caster trinket, i got rid of the Alchemist 450 trinket to replace it by the Darkmoon one and kept the Brewfest caster trinket for my other slot. Not sure if i did right. =/

Oh well, if i did wrong, its just 3 Golden Lotus to remake it and i got like 15 or 16 of them in my bag. And i'm not even herbalist. Yay for the Tillers farm!

Speaking of 450 trinket... ever since i got the Darkmoon caster trinket, i got rid of the Alchemist 450 trinket to replace it by the Darkmoon one and kept the Brewfest caster trinket for my other slot. Not sure if i did right. =/

Oh well, if i did wrong, its just 3 Golden Lotus to remake it and i got like 15 or 16 of them in my bag. And i'm not even herbalist. Yay for the Tillers farm!

It depends on your class. The Alchemist Stone thing was far beyond the brewfest trinket in the number crunching. The stats from proc are worth more than the spellpower/haste proc increase and base stats of the mithril wrist watch/pickled egg.

Even if the pickled egg has 340 int, the proc from the Alchemist Stone gives you more int on average.

Again, depending on your classes priority on secondary stats. I value mastery slightly below haste, and crit is rock bottom.

What class do you play? I can't get rid of my alchemist's stone as rogue until Elegon drops his trinket for me.

Bisnic

What class do you play? I can't get rid of my alchemist's stone as rogue until Elegon drops his trinket for me.

Frost Mage. If I'm right, we have to focus a lot on haste, then crit and mastery last. And the alchemy trinket only have mastery. I think i got something like 21% haste with Frost Armor though, so maybe i should try to get more crit now. It's hard to know when gemming/reforging/enchanting to Haste starts to have diminishing returns.

Tarazet

I was using a heroic on-use Agi trinket and the Ghost Iron Dragonling, then replaced the Dragonling with the trinket from LFR Elegon, then replaced the heroic one with the Darkmoon trinket. I never managed to get the Brewfest coaster, despite literally running it until the minute it closed.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area

I didn't play WoW since 4.0 raiding.. and honestly MoP for the most part in my opinion has eclipsed Cata as the best expansion to date. Pandaria is the first expansion I can remember where it's like "ok, I've hit level cap... holy crap there's too much to do!" Not all of it will last forever, don't get me wrong. And you CAN get burned out feeling compelled to do all of it. However:

Pet Battles
Dailies
Dungeons/Scenarios
PvP
LFR (granted you need to do at least one of the last 3 above to do LFR)
achievements (these aren't new to MoP, but at this point in the game, achievement hunting I feel is a valid play style of end-game WoW)

not to mention a lot of "new" end game content is about to open up with classic raid content losing the "raid group" requirement. will basically give 90s something interesting to do (solo old 40 man content) as not all of it will be able to easily be walked through by 90s coming new into the content (i.e. mechanics can still kill you in plenty of places)

I agree with all assessments on MoP. It is not the most revolutionary WoW expansion, but it is by far the best. The former means it won't win many new players, but the latter means anyone looking to scratch that itch to return will likely be immensely satisfied with what they see.

scoobs

Its fantastic, art direction will amaze you. Best expansion IMO!

Bisnic

Even when people explain not to stand on the fucking purple circle, people stand on the fucking purple circle.

How many weeks will it take for them to understand?

B-Dex

Even when people explain not to stand on the fucking purple circle, people stand on the fucking purple circle.

How many weeks will it take for them to understand?

No one showed up to scheduled raid last night but 3 people (including me).

Taking a break.

Trickster

So LFR garalon, worst players of all time?

The players are as shitty as they've always been, garalon lfr simply points this out.

Don't worry though, I expect blizzard will nerf the living daylight out of garalon, in order to make him as keyboard-face-smashingly easy as all the other lfr bosses in the game.

Can't have people actually overcoming a slight challenge before blizzards drowns them in epics, that'd be bad!

Greg Street ‏
@Ghostcrawler
@Squiggit1 we don't think having dungeon rep replace daily rep is the answer, but maybe we can come up with a compromise.

I hope so. I miss my friends.

That quote is hilarious. "But maybe we can come up with a compromise"... Yeah gee, wonder how that could possibly be done without "replacing" daily rep. How about this - have both options for getting rep.

Holy shit, I think I just solved it guys! Man blizzard really needs to hire me, I'm a freaking genius as solving headtwisters like this

Don't worry though, I expect blizzard will nerf the living daylight out of garalon, in order to make him as keyboard-face-smashingly easy as all the other lfr bosses in the game.

Empress is going to be quite the wake-up call to the cats who don't know where to stand during Garalon.

Jrmint

Really pumped.

Finally found someone to do the refer a friend mount for gold.

15k bought me an obsidian nightwing + 30 days game time. Really good deal I think.

Rokam

Stupid LFR Blade Lord. Getting people to stack was near impossible. And twice I got targeted and twice after surviving Unseen Strike he melee'd me in the face for 200k. I assume he's not supposed to be doing that.

The players are as shitty as they've always been, garalon lfr simply points this out.

Can't have people actually overcoming a slight challenge before blizzards drowns them in epics, that'd be bad!

The problem with Garalon LFR is that one absolute fucking mouthbreather can easily wipe the raid.

That quote is hilarious. "But maybe we can come up with a compromise"... Yeah gee, wonder how that could possibly be done without "replacing" daily rep. How about this - have both options for getting rep.

Holy shit, I think I just solved it guys! Man blizzard really needs to hire me, I'm a freaking genius as solving headtwisters like this

I don't know what's going on anymore with the design aspect of the game. They seriously went full fucking retard with gating, alt-hating (after an expansion of telling us to go level fucking alts) and being obstinant about PvP balance with things like Stampede and TfB. Then we have GC get on Twitter and say how Arena is supposed to be "about gear as well as skill". You know. The same thing they want to be an e-sport.

I can't believe those fuckers and their white knight fanboy army defend that shit to the death like they do. And my choices are either put up with their shit or quit and lose a good chunk of my social group. Fuck it I've put up with too much stupid shit coming out of their heads for the past eight years.

How so? ( haven't been that far in the intance yet )

The main thing withering raids on Garalon is the preventable raid damage. Empress is pretty much about managing preventable raid damage so you can burn her down during the final phase which is nothing but unavoidable AoE pulses to the entire raid. Lose too many people and you just won't make it.

Bisnic

I give up trying to do Galaron on LFR until they nerf him, and Heart of Fear for that matter, i can never find a group that haven't killed the first 2 bosses.

By the way, can anyone explain how this Pheromones thing works? How do you get it? How do you give it to someone else? Seems like its one of the things that hurts the most on the boss, on top of the purple ring. If I can't trust PUG on doing it, maybe I should.

mclem

It depends what people actually *want* when they're asking for this, because I think that giving people what I suspect they're actually asking for - the ability to just spamfarm dungeons to hit exalted before too long - would effectively replace daily rep anyway. If there's a mechanic with a cap and one without, people will always favour the mechanic without.

There's also a challenge from Blizzard's standpoint in that the dailies are now structured around evolving stories, which would be difficult to represent in an environment where people aren't bothering to run them.

It's not as trivial as you make out unless Blizzard are willing to throw out the goals they aimed for when originally designing this grind, and I think that'd be a big step back.

By the way, can anyone explain how this Pheromones thing works? How do you get it? How do you give it to someone else? Seems like its one of the things that hurts the most on the boss, on top of the purple ring. If I can't trust PUG on doing it, maybe I should.

The person who initially pulls Garalon gets it. You pass it on by getting within five yards or so of another player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom