• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irnbru

Good news is we now pretty much have the first two bosses of MV on farm now, the bad news is the third boss is giving us a ton of trouble still. Our DPS is low enough that we will never make berserk and people keep missing totems. Plus side is it is a boss I get to DPS on since we only need two healers so I can sit there not stressing and mashing buttons.

My group three heals it, helps a ton

Good news is we now pretty much have the first two bosses of MV on farm now, the bad news is the third boss is giving us a ton of trouble still. Our DPS is low enough that we will never make berserk and people keep missing totems. Plus side is it is a boss I get to DPS on since we only need two healers so I can sit there not stressing and mashing buttons.

farm status is if u can down stoneguards easy with that one shitty combo (jasper, cobalt, amnethyst). god I hate that combo. its so stupid. First boss with that combo is just way overtuned, being that the next 3 bosses are waaaaay easier

anyways, off my soapbox

In regards to spiritbinder, 3 heal it. Dps needs all pots and flasks etc. your raid leader needs to get an addon, and the addon basically will tell u the best people to go in when a totem comes up. It's pretty awesome. when it pops up, raid leader calls out names fast. the only time it sucks is if dps dont kill totem fast enough, and the healer that was assigned to the totem ends up getting voodoo doll right before. It happens sometimes but not enough to be an issue.

that should help resolve ur problems. also, cycle time spent in the spirit realm. so like first group that gets sent in dont spend too much time killing shit down there, while second group spends more time killing shit down there, repeat.

Macattk15

Double gold off Galleon. Feels bad man.

Was invited to the raid while flying through the zone though, so not like I camped him.

Fighting him on a PvP server is tons of fun.

Nugg

What we did to beat the enrage timer on garajal for our first few kills is:

- 3 Healers (10 man right?)

- Bloodlust/Heroism right away

- Ignore the first totem, so you get the full benefit of the Bloodlust/Heroism with all your DPS on the boss. You should be able to make up for it and kill the extra spirits later.

- Try mixing the people you send in the totems. DPS come back from the spirit world with a DPS buff, they should take advantage of this on the boss, while two other DPS go in the next totem to get their buff. Healers get to replenish their mana, so you should send low mana healers.

- Start ignoring the totems at 30%, keep all you DPS on the boss. Healers can still go to the spirit world to refill their mana, but all the DPS should stay on the boss. With 3 healers, you should have no problem healing through the extra damage until the end.

- Of course, everyone should have his flask up, some good food, prepot (which is great combined with the early Bloodlust), and pot again during the execute/burn phase.

Brofist

Finally got in a capable LFR yesterday and downed Garalon. Has the cleave nerf already gone into effect? My hits on the legs didn't seem to register on the boss as often as usual.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Katrichan? KATRICHAN?

Thanks for the tips on Gara'jal guys. Interesting that multiple people are saying three healers is the way to go since we have been working under the assumption that you have to go two to beat enrage. Also we had a quick hour of attempts today and went with an announce addon to help rotate people into the spirit realm for the buff, it helped a lot. Our main issue today was having to sub in a tank since one of our mains was out for the day. He was a little too squishy and just could not handle it, but we did get down to around 50% for the first time.

I will recommend the other suggestions for next weekend even though I will be gone on a trip (which means they will get the first kill on him of course).

Enosh

DKs are such a n00b class. I can't take on 5 goats in 467 ilvl gear but a freakin DKs can with like 400.
pff five goats, it doesn't get fun until you pull ALL the goats

in "live journal" news
going from 25 man to 10 man might not have been such a good idea after all, some drama ensued on the forums and now 3 rather important people left (2 of them healers), some officers resigned and in general shit has hit the fan
those 3 members made a new guild and I have an invitation open with them, don't know what to do atm

I hate guild drama -.-

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
pff five goats, it doesn't get fun until you pull ALL the goats

in "live journal" news
going from 25 man to 10 man might not have been such a good idea after all, some drama ensued on the forums and now 3 rather important people left (2 of them healers), some officers resigned and in general shit has hit the fan
those 3 members made a new guild and I have an invitation open with them, don't know what to do atm

I hate guild drama -.-

Christ, I know that feel bro. It happened to my first guild, bad feels dude.

Rokal

Thanks for the tips on Gara'jal guys. Interesting that multiple people are saying three healers is the way to go since we have been working under the assumption that you have to go two to beat enrage. Also we had a quick hour of attempts today and went with an announce addon to help rotate people into the spirit realm for the buff, it helped a lot. Our main issue today was having to sub in a tank since one of our mains was out for the day. He was a little too squishy and just could not handle it, but we did get down to around 50% for the first time.

I will recommend the other suggestions for next weekend even though I will be gone on a trip (which means they will get the first kill on him of course).

I was going to suggest moving to 2 healers. That really helped us, but also we started having our two best DPS go in portals, kill a few adds, and then quickly leave. A second set of dps (who were lower) took the next totem and spent most of their time killing adds.

Tarazet

So I just hit 60 on my Rogue (Mage is 62, Priest is 60.)

I totally get that Feral Druid pic now. It really is John Fucking Madden out there. Trying to PvP as Subtlety is so fucking complicated with so many buttons you can hit. Combat is simpler, but not ideal for PvP. Dungeons are easier, but still suck without Fan of Knives and/or Redirect, as you're pretty fucking useless without those (Blade Flurry is kinda shitty). Bosses still don't live long enough for full rotations to really take effect either.

Haven't been able to try Assassination since I don't have a good second dagger to use.

Overall it may be the most complex class to learn with the dichotomy between stealth and non-stealth skills.

Basically, I'm giving props to the good PvP rogues out there. PvE - it's about the same as anything else since you won't be stealthed too often over the course of a 10 minute fight and while the priorities are more difficult than some other classes due to the amount of debuffs you have to keep up, it's not horrible.

Rogue has a lot of ability bloat. It's similar in terms of basic rotation to a Feral Druid, but there are additional cooldowns that Rogues have that influence combo point generation, there's Vanish, and the poisons are another added complication. Also, my partner found out that at 85, Sub is very underpowered. Combat is currently the strongest Rogue spec and plays a bit like Arms Warrior.

Tarazet

if you think rogues are complicated... I just don't know what to say

Subtlety is the most complicated melee spec I'm aware of. It isn't Affliction Warlock complicated, but there are a lot of ways to screw up and have shit DPS for 15-20 seconds, and it doesn't have the gimmes that Ferals get to make it more manageable (Glyph of Shred and Glyph of Savage Roar).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
omg, yesterday was just...

Etheus

Neo Member
Woooooooo

dWBeVl.jpg

Rokam

4 more pristine artifacts to go, I had given up on getting the achievement weeks ago. Didn't realize that it came with a title, it's just not listed as a reward. Now I must get it! Spent about 3 hours tonight doing archaeology only got 1 pristine.

mclem

In regards to spiritbinder, 3 heal it. Dps needs all pots and flasks etc. your raid leader needs to get an addon, and the addon basically will tell u the best people to go in when a totem comes up. It's pretty awesome. when it pops up, raid leader calls out names fast. the only time it sucks is if dps dont kill totem fast enough, and the healer that was assigned to the totem ends up getting voodoo doll right before. It happens sometimes but not enough to be an issue.

Does that work if the RL sometimes ends up in the spirit realm? I was trying to call that out (without the aid of an addon), but I found that things got tricky when I was in the spirit realm and so couldn't 'see' what was happening on the outside.

Does that work if the RL sometimes ends up in the spirit realm? I was trying to call that out (without the aid of an addon), but I found that things got tricky when I was in the spirit realm and so couldn't 'see' what was happening on the outside.

I was the one running the addon yesterday and there did not seem to be any issues while I was in the spirit realm.

Yoshichan

I'm gonna stop visiting this thread now :lol you all suck

all of you haters know where to find me... real ID!

4 more pristine artifacts to go, I had given up on getting the achievement weeks ago. Didn't realize that it came with a title, it's just not listed as a reward. Now I must get it! Spent about 3 hours tonight doing archaeology only got 1 pristine.

Huh. Just checked that out. Didn't know there was anything tangible from it. The title not being listed is probably why I didn't know. I wonder if that one is level restricted or not?

May have to put in some effort, but having found all the Pandaria rares (last one isn't completed, but eh) without getting a single pristine artifact, I wasn't holding out much hope.

Sarcasm

Huh. Just checked that out. Didn't know there was anything tangible from it. The title not being listed is probably why I didn't know. I wonder if that one is level restricted or not?

May have to put in some effort, but having found all the Pandaria rares (last one isn't completed, but eh) without getting a single pristine artifact, I wasn't holding out much hope.

Whats this for?

Macattk15

Affliction is complicated?

No. Not to me.

Maybe when you leveled as something else and then switch to affliction and start raiding at 90 ... might take some time to get used to.

But Pandemic kind of makes things pretty easy.

You're going to suck on short fights ... only time you shine is when you can roll your 10 stack Agony around for a long time.

Knch

No. Not to me.

Maybe when you leveled as something else and then switch to affliction and start raiding at 90 ... might take some time to get used to.

You're going to suck on short fights ... only time you shine is when you can roll your 10 stack Agony around for a long time.

And here I was thinking I was playing my class/spec wrong, whew.

Apply Curse of elements (unless someone else applies a similar debuff, which is never :()
Pop any (haste) buff you have, Soulburn + Soulswap, Haunt, Spam Malific grasp/Drain soul when below 20%.
Extend Corruption/Unstable affliction using Fel flame, reapply Bane of agony when < 50% remaining.

I assume with short fights, you mean trash? I just Soulburn + Soulswap till I'm out of shards, than spam Malific grasp on the last one I tagged, switching to Drain Soul when close to 20% (Have to be fast, because if melee starts pounding on that mob, it's down in no time.)

Stuck on EU servers with a bunch of mates that have already had their fill of MoP and so barely log on at all. Even getting a Scenario run of mates together is proving to be tough. So sod it.

Yeah most of my friends packed up shop a few weeks ago and our guild became a wasteland. I said screw it and joined a community guild I am a part of and actually have people around to do stuff with again. I really feel like MoP had a faster burnoff than Cat did despite having better content. The game is just getting older combined with the reputation grinds at 90 really killed it for a lot of people I think.

idlewild_

Subtlety is the most complicated melee spec I'm aware of. It isn't Affliction Warlock complicated, but there are a lot of ways to screw up and have shit DPS for 15-20 seconds, and it doesn't have the gimmes that Ferals get to make it more manageable (Glyph of Shred and Glyph of Savage Roar).

subtlety was complicated, but with the anticipation talent, removing recoup from the rotation, the increase in SnD to 36 seconds at 5cp, removal of shadowstep, etc., the spec lost a lot of its complexity with MoP.

Touch

if you think rogues are complicated... I just don't know what to say
I wouldn't say complicated but they are one of the more difficult to play classes at a high level in PvP. Once you move past the bomb, kidney dance to actual match control.

mclem

Stuck on EU servers with a bunch of mates that have already had their fill of MoP and so barely log on at all. Even getting a Scenario run of mates together is proving to be tough. So sod it.

Well, if you want a cheerily incompetent raiding guild on a small server with a poor - but friendly - player pool, get thee to Aggramar and seek us out.

(I'm not much good at advertising, am I?)

Garryk

Assassination Rogue is probably the least fun I've had as a Rogue. 5CP Envenom feels really underpowered and energy regen is like watching the grass grow. My 86 Frost DK feels like it does way more damage with Obliterate than my 90 Rogue's finishers. I haven't even tried my Fire Mage or Ret Pally yet, but I imagine they will feel like dropping bombs too.

Ultratech

So rolled a Dk. Choose blood, what should I go for talents?

Here's my opinion:
T1: Blood Boil: Makes your Blood Boil trigger Pestilence. Slap Outbreak on an enemy, use Blood Boil, and Boom!

T2: Any of the choices could potentially work depending on the fight. I went Purgatory, since it kinda acts as a "OH SHIT" to your healers to get you up quickly. Basically keeps you from dying for 3 sec should you get hit with a fatal attack. If you don't get healed though...well, you're dead. But you can switch this Talent as needed for fights since the other talents on this tier as pretty useful too. Lichborne makes you immune to Charm/Fear/Sleep for about 10 sec (plus Death Coil heals), and Anti-Magic Zone is an AoE AMS that's useful if the enemy is gonna bust out a powerful Magic attack.

T3: Death's Advance: Using it makes you go faster, and it passively makes you go faster and keeps you from going below 70% Movement Speed.

T4: Death Pact: You'd probably have to macro it though. Steals life from your Ghoul to restore your health.

T5: Blood Tap: May have to macro to get the best use out of it. Builds up charges you can use to make Death Runes.

T6: All are pretty situational in how useful they are. Desecrated Ground is handy if you know something like Stun/Fear/Charm is coming up. Gorefiend's Grasp will pull everything to you in a 20 yd radius. Remorseless Winter will Slow and eventually Stun/Freeze enemies for up to 6 sec.

Finaika

Assassination Rogue is probably the least fun I've had as a Rogue. 5CP Envenom feels really underpowered and energy regen is like watching the grass grow. My 86 Frost DK feels like it does way more damage with Obliterate than my 90 Rogue's finishers. I haven't even tried my Fire Mage or Ret Pally yet, but I imagine they will feel like dropping bombs too.

So its not just me. Envenom's damage seems pretty weak in this expansion, compared to hitting like a truck in Dragon Soul.

Tarazet

No. Not to me.

So what's the most complex DPS spec at the moment? It seems to me every multi-dotting class got something to help with AoE except for Moonkins, which are still ass in anything but single-target slow burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom