• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarazet

Looking at the loot table for the current LFR, I think I'll continue to use my coins on Spirit Kings until I get my polearm and cloak. Then I'll have Mystically Epic, and at that point I'll just start pugging raids.

Krogan

How have other casual raiding guilds dealt with the new raids? My guild has one carry that has really put a halt to progress and half the raid wants to try more HoF while the raid leader and the other half want to focus mainly on MV (we are 3/6). Most of the raid have very few blues so gear really isn't the issue as far as HoF.

Berordn

How have other casual raiding guilds dealt with the new raids? My guild has one carry that has really put a halt to progress and half the raid wants to try more HoF while the raid leader and the other half want to focus mainly on MV (we are 3/6). Most of the raid have very few blues so gear really isn't the issue as far as HoF.

The first few fights in HoF are easier than Elegon. It's not a bad idea to spread out progression and try both.

have any of guys had to remove an authenticator from your battlenet accounts? what counts as government issue id?? my drivers license? passport?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Come oooooooon, servers!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Times like this, i'm glad that I work during the regular hours of the common North American man so that downtime never affect me. :p

Sucks for those who work/study during the evening/night and play during the day, are jobless or are crazy enough to play on a US server while living in an european country. *cough*

Robin64

The trinkets aren't nerfed. Yoshi can sleep easily now.

perculia on wowhead said:
To clarify the DMF 'changes'--the values are not nerfed, this is a display/proc mechanism change to help with scaling.

Blizzard changed how trinket procs work in MoP. Before, each ilvl version of a trinket would have separate spell IDs for their procs. (Take the trinket that dropped from Gunship in ICC, which had Normal and Heroic versions. Muradin's Spyglass ilvl 251 has Item - Icecrown 10 Normal Caster Trinket, Muradin's Spyglass ilvl 264 has Item - Icecrown 10 Heroic Caster Trinket). For MoP trinkets, there's one spell ID for the proc which is scaled multiple times across items. There's an incentive to do this between the Challenge Mode system of scaling items down to ilvl 463 and the new system in 5.1 that allows players to increase the ilvl of their gear via currency.

If we just displayed the raw data for trinkets, you'd see lower procs for most items than what's in game. This is because the default amount shown on a proc spell ID is budgeted for an ilvl 463 version (related to Challenge Modes). We've modified our trinkets in MoP to show how the proc scales (see the stats for the procs on the 'used by' tab: Darkmist Vortex - Item - Hits Proc Haste).

The new DMF trinkets weren't part of this new scaling system before, but it seems as of this latest PTR patch, they now are.

The lower values datamined on the PTR today are what you'd see if you zoned into a Challenge Mode, or if an ilvl 463 version of the trinket existed in theory. We'll make sure that when the DMF trinkets switch to this new proc system on live in 5.1, they'll display the correct (and unchanged from live) proc.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So with scaling and everything else counted in, it won't be nerfed even slightly?

God damn it, I love Blizzard so much. Thank you for making my life easier.

Yoshichan

I can't wait for your next "Fuck you Blizzard." next week, followed by a "I love you Blizzard." 12 hours later. :p
Next week? Rumors say that they're going to announce something huge with infestors this week. Expect my rage to happen this week.

Yoshichan

Einchy, stop stealing my Galleon kills! I HATE YOU.

Einchy, tag share your Galleon kills! I LOVE YOU.

Nerdy Fergy

Neo Member
I have a dumb, quick question. If I have already received one scroll of resurection in the past, then can I receive a second one and still receive the benefits? I really want to be able to up a new character to 80 if I am going to start again.

Been convinced to start playing again by some friends, which means I need to get a copy of Pandaria from somewhere. Is there anywhere I can buy it for cheaper than Blizz sells the digital copy? Ideally a place where they'll email me the cd-key as soon as I've bought it.

I'm in the UK, if that matters.

Berordn

I have a dumb, quick question. If I have already received one scroll of resurection in the past, then can I receive a second one and still receive the benefits? I really want to be able to up a new character to 80 if I am going to start again.

As long as you haven't used one of the new ones already and you haven't been subbed past their cutoff, you can have someone send you one for the free 80.

Yoshichan

You're on my ignore list but I can't for the sake of me remember why :lol (I usually remember people). I'm giving you a chance to redeem yourself now :3

Yoshichan

You got butthurt when I called you insane due to the way you react / act towards video games.
Is that it, really? I have people say that every day. You must've been particularly special!

Yoshichan

What I mean is that usually we can at least do that, so since we can't right now, it feels like they will extended it even more.
If this happens then I'll retract what I said about Blizz just now. I have a date and Blizzard are ruining this for me.

Tarazet

If this happens then I'll retract what I said about Blizz just now. I have a date and Blizzard are ruining this for me.

You know how many Galleon kills I have? Zero. Because I'm always working at the time the server resets. This week I'm on vacation, and hoping that I can at least get ONE down.

Yoshichan

Yep, 2 extended hours (4 total now). Thanks for ruining my evening and my plans Blizzard. Keep being classy, you incompetent fuckers.
Galleon won't.
I don't give a fuck about Galleon, this wasn't about that.

Been convinced to start playing again by some friends, which means I need to get a copy of Pandaria from somewhere. Is there anywhere I can buy it for cheaper than Blizz sells the digital copy? Ideally a place where they'll email me the cd-key as soon as I've bought it.

I'm in the UK, if that matters.
I don't know if being in the UK matters, but I do have a Panda key that I need to redeem. I bought the digital copy and then the physical CE. Blizzard said the following on whether or not I could reclaim the original key:

We would be more than happy to put the Digital Deluxe copy on another account. If you can please reply back with the Battle.net email and account name you would like to apply the Digital Deluxe to.

I am in the USA, but PM me if you are interested in striking out a deal.

Nerdy Fergy

Neo Member
As long as you haven't used one of the new ones already and you haven't been subbed past their cutoff, you can have someone send you one for the free 80.

You are a scholar and a gentleman (or gentlelady). Thank you for the prompt response!

Is there a gaf server that is more active than the others? I imagine quite a few people are spread out, but I am interested in making a few friends and playing some online video games together.

Yoshichan

Is there a gaf server that is more active than the others? I imagine quite a few people are spread out, but I am interested in making a few friends and playing some online video games together.
Mal'Ganis

I don't know if being in the UK matters, but I do have a Panda key that I need to redeem. I bought the digital copy and then the physical CE. Blizzard said the following on whether or not I could reclaim the original key:

I am in the USA, but PM me if you are interested in striking out a deal.

Thanks for the offer but I'm somewhat sure they lock the keys to US/EU/Asia at the minute. I'll probably just have to bite the bullet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom