• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I love that lvl 90 Paladin talent where you throw a hammer on the ground. Great for AOE healing and it looks badass while active. Too bad about the one min cooldown.

Macattk15

So what's the most complex DPS spec at the moment? It seems to me every multi-dotting class got something to help with AoE except for Moonkins, which are still ass in anything but single-target slow burn.

I don't know honestly. And yeah it is pretty easy to multi-dot things with Soulburn & Soul Swap combo ... having Soul Swap glyphed also helps at moving stuff around. Sometimes if you have enough Corruption applications spread throughout the AoE group you can get your soul shards back fast enough to refresh dots with Soulburn & Soul Swap rather than doing it manually on each mob.

Affliction isn't the easiest ... but I don't think it is that hard.

Once you get the hang of it anyway. Sucks that it can be kinda RNG with how Haunt / Nightfall proc works now.

And here I was thinking I was playing my class/spec wrong, whew.

Apply Curse of elements (unless someone else applies a similar debuff, which is never :()
Pop any (haste) buff you have, Soulburn + Soulswap, Haunt, Spam Malific grasp/Drain soul when below 20%.
Extend Corruption/Unstable affliction using Fel flame, reapply Bane of agony when < 50% remaining.

I assume with short fights, you mean trash? I just Soulburn + Soulswap till I'm out of shards, than spam Malific grasp on the last one I tagged, switching to Drain Soul when close to 20% (Have to be fast, because if melee starts pounding on that mob, it's down in no time.)

Yep I do the same. I only extend Corruption and Unstable with Fel Flame if I have to move or I get a Darkmoon card / etc proc ... otherwise I refresh by manually casting due to Pandemic. Fel Flame only adds 6 seconds ... but as long as you are below 50% of the DoT duration left that gets added to your new cast of UA / Corruption / Agony with Pandemic.

And yeah, short fights = trash basically ... once Bane of Agony gets to 10 stacks that thing ticks like a truck and unfortunately on trash it often can't get that high.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stonemaul/Sikarr/simple

I'm not super sexy yet ... missed the first 3 weeks of Pandaria ... along with Hurricane Sandy messin me up. Wonder why expertise doesn't add into your spell hit % on Armory.

ch0mp

And here I was thinking I was playing my class/spec wrong, whew.

Apply Curse of elements (unless someone else applies a similar debuff, which is never :()
Pop any (haste) buff you have, Soulburn + Soulswap, Haunt, Spam Malific grasp/Drain soul when below 20%.
Extend Corruption/Unstable affliction using Fel flame, reapply Bane of agony when < 50% remaining.

I assume with short fights, you mean trash? I just Soulburn + Soulswap till I'm out of shards, than spam Malific grasp on the last one I tagged, switching to Drain Soul when close to 20% (Have to be fast, because if melee starts pounding on that mob, it's down in no time.)
Don't do this unless you really need to. Fel flame is a last resort spell: after refreshing corruption and agony I might use it if I still have to move.

And yeah, short fights = trash basically ... once Bane of Agony gets to 10 stacks that thing ticks like a truck and unfortunately on trash it often can't get that high.
Aff can put out a fair bit of burst on trash/adds if you SB:SS and use all your shards. Haunt hits hard and gives you the extra damage. If stuff is dying it's really easy to have 4 shards all the time for more haunts and SB:SS. For bigger packs we can SB:SoC, agony each then spam SoC to give us really high sustainable aoe.

Don't do this unless you really need to. Fel flame is a last resort spell: after refreshing corruption and agony I might use it if I still have to move.

Aff can put out a fair bit of burst on trash/adds if you SB:SS and use all your shards. Haunt hits hard and gives you the extra damage. If stuff is dying it's really easy to have 4 shards all the time for more haunts and SB:SS. For bigger packs we can SB:SoC, agony each then spam SoC to give us really high sustainable aoe.

How's destruction fairing?

Macattk15

demonlogy is best pvp sec

no joke

Sure. When you have full demonic fury it is ... otherwise it's pretty lackluster to me.

I tried demo PvP and I just didn't like it much. It's nice being able to just spam Touch of Chaos, drop the Chaos Wave shit on a load of people, knock fools back, and leap around though. Turning on Dark Apothesis while being beat on is also fun but you obv. do no damage with it on.

I like the Destruction burst more though ... especially near that magic 20% level.

Neki

People bursting 300k chaos bolts. Demonology not the best.

Most of the 2400 arena streamers only face demo warlocks in their brackets, and most of the top warlocks in 3v3's right now are running Demo as their pvp spec. Huge controlled burst from demonlogy (that's AoE) that doesn't rely on trying to get one off big spell that can be grounded, interrupted or LoS'd. Yeah I'm gonna have to go with Demo on this one.

Macattk15

Most of the 2400 arena streamers only face demo warlocks in their brackets, and most of the top warlocks in 3v3's right now are running Demo as their pvp spec. Huge controlled burst from demonlogy (that's AoE) that doesn't rely on trying to get one off big spell that can be grounded, interrupted or LoS'd. Yeah I'm gonna have to go with Demo on this one.

I'll def. agree with you that Demo is probably the better spec to go in high rated arenas. Double Chaos Waves can be a big surprise ... almost as big as Chaos Bolt if you can get a legendary double crit from it.

Too easy to be LoS'ed or locked down in arenas.

Destro is fun as shit in BG's though. Especially when no one is paying attention to you.

That's funny. I see the opposite.

Well I don't watch stream. Just looking at the rankings is what matters.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I love you tailors, for finally realizing that the Royal Satchel isn't worth 50k!

5 days ago: 60k
4 days ago: 50k
3 days ago: 40k
2 days ago: 30k
1 day ago: 20
today: 14,5k

Keep dropping that price! I'll buy x3 @10k

Knch

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stonemaul/Sikarr/simple

I'm not super sexy yet ... missed the first 3 weeks of Pandaria ... along with Hurricane Sandy messin me up. Wonder why expertise doesn't add into your spell hit % on Armory.

Almost exactly the same as me, only, you're the wrong faction :p

I was thinking it would keep the haste/other procs I had when first casting it, and it's faster to cast 2 Fel flames then to refresh both Corruption and Unstable affliction.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hard choice...
NOOOT

p7btL.jpg

Yoshichan

5.1 change:

The second change is a reduction to the Darkmoon Faire trinket procs: Relic of Niuzao, Relic of Yu'lon, Relic of Xuen / Relic of Xuen, and Relic of Chi Ji.

Fuck you Blizzard. Typical raw change that only happens when you don't plan out your gear well.

HhQBo.jpg

Well, guess I'm selling all my Chi Jis' before everyone finds out!

Yoshichan

Yeah, just saw that. Maybe us healers should keep our mouth shut, 'cuz that shit is crazy.

ch0mp

I was thinking it would keep the haste/other procs I had when first casting it, and it's faster to cast 2 Fel flames then to refresh both Corruption and Unstable affliction.
Casting fel flame updates your dots with your current procs whatever they are. Fel flame adds six seconds duration to each or 12 in 2 casts, corruption adds 18 and UA 16 seconds. UA is only a slightly longer cast than GCD and it's definitely worth it.

lordmrw

Assassination Rogue is probably the least fun I've had as a Rogue. 5CP Envenom feels really underpowered and energy regen is like watching the grass grow. My 86 Frost DK feels like it does way more damage with Obliterate than my 90 Rogue's finishers. I haven't even tried my Fire Mage or Ret Pally yet, but I imagine they will feel like dropping bombs too.

Don't get me started. I participated in the beta feedback threads and there was mountains of feedback given about how bad a lot of the Rogue changes were and it was all met with "we disagree". And now look where we are now. It wouldn't have frustrated me so much if they weren't directly contradicting themselves constantly during the beta. They made all 3 rogue specs play almost identically, we mentioned it, and their response was that they didn't like that it felt like 3 separate classes. Meanwhile Warlocks got a complete redesign that did just that. The shit energy regen was brought up, no response. The lack of power behind finishers and the focus on auto attack damage? Their response was that it lessened the gap between skilled noob players. It goes on and on. As a matter of fact I'm pretty sure someone compiled the massive list of beta threads that were ignored by the devs.

Yoshichan

Aaaaaaaand maintenance! ;_;

TheYanger

ouch, the tanking one has been hit pretty hard

I can understand why though, it was already budgeted fine and then they threw a billion stamina into it without reducing the click effect.

Still sucks dick that they're doing it though after multiple faires.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I can understand why though, it was already budgeted fine and then they threw a billion stamina into it without reducing the click effect.

Still sucks dick that they're doing it though after multiple faires.

Typical fucking Blizzard. They don't know how to properly balance this game anymore, nor do they know how to properly present progression paths and content. You would think that after 4 prior games/expansions they would have this all set by now. They need to quit evolving and changing it every expansion. Wrath and Cata's daily progression worked fine.

I'm feeling extremely burnt out from this game now, I thought Mists was awesome because there was so much to do. Here we are about 2 months later, and that feeling of "There's so much to do!" has turned into a realization that there really isn't that much more to do when the content is the same. Dailies are dailies and aren't really fun at all.

Lanigan

Neo Member
Typical fucking Blizzard. They don't know how to properly balance this game anymore, nor do they know how to properly present progression paths and content. You would think that after 4 prior games/expansions they would have this all set by now. They need to quit evolving and changing it every expansion. Wrath and Cata's daily progression worked fine.
Do we know if the trinkets will be upgradable? If so, maybe they got too powerful when 2/2.

I'm feeling extremely burnt out from this game now, I thought Mists was awesome because there was so much to do. Here we are about 2 months later, and that feeling of "There's so much to do!" has turned into a realization that there really isn't that much more to do when the content is the same. Dailies are dailies and aren't really fun at all.

Yeah I am realizing the same thing after my daily playing has become "logon for an hour to do one heroic and one hub of dailies to make sure I hit VP cap for the week". At this point I am playing for four hours of raiding every Sunday and that is it. I will probably stick with it though so this is a fairly low commitment, especially when my hour a night is usually while my wife is watching some show I do not care about that much.

I do hope my raid group starts progressing more though or there goes my only real incentive to keep playing outside of coming back for a week or two every patch.

sazzy

Haven't played in almost about 4 weeks.

What have I missed?

Last thing I was doing was getting enough ilvl for the LFR :(

Kenai

5.1 change:

The second change is a reduction to the Darkmoon Faire trinket procs: Relic of Niuzao, Relic of Yu'lon, Relic of Xuen / Relic of Xuen, and Relic of Chi Ji.

Fuck you Blizzard. Typical raw change that only happens when you don't plan out your gear well.

HhQBo.jpg

I'm ok with this as long as they also fix that seizure-inducing graphic with LoD at the same time. Made my last LFR run even less fun than I thought possible.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
5.1 change:

HhQBo.jpg

That's pretty insane.

Can I have my 25k back, Blizzard?

Yoshichan

That's pretty insane.

Can I have my 25k back, Blizzard?
Rush material - Blizzard is panicking because clearly, they had no idea some of these DMF-trinkets would be so good even with 5.1 being released. Classic Blizzard method: "just nerf everything".

Entropia

No One Remembers
Ever since the DMF cards came about they've been fairly overpowered at the start of an expansion. In Wrath you could use the Greatness Cards up through ICC for some. :(

Yoshichan

Ever since the DMF cards came about they've been fairly overpowered at the start of an expansion. In Wrath you could use the Greatness Cards up through ICC for some. :(
Yeah but Blizzard realized that some of those trinkets were too powerful, even for 5.1 so they did this immediate nerf. And it's a horrible change. Better sell those cards fast before everyone reads the logs >.<.

Berordn

Even in Cata, the Volcano card was better than pretty much any other trinket until FL H. I imagine this is just a result of the item upgrades, and the overwhelming popularity of the cards. Enough kicking and screaming from the community will probably get some acknowledgement.

Ultratech

Huh, I forgot that the 2nd half of Heart of Fear opens up today for LFR.

Wonder how well that will go...

And Terrace of Endless Spring (Normal) opens up today as well.

Then next week, we'll finally have everything open (ToES LFR opens as well as Heroic Mode).

Ultratech

I'm not touching that today for sure after the Garalon mess.

I have no idea how the remaining fights are changed in LFR, so that'll be interesting.

Also, T14 Tokens drop from all the bosses in the 2nd half of HoF.
Not to mention the first of the Sha-Touched weapons from the last boss.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Hhmm, that's weird, a bunch of servers are already up. Time to watch the realm list and wait for Galleon.

Berordn

Hhmm, that's weird, a bunch of servers are already up. Time to watch the realm list and wait for Galleon.

They've been up through the whole maintenance, according to the realm status screen. I figured it was just wrong, since it couldn't connect or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom