• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berordn

They applied a hotfix a week or so ago that prevented Galleon's spawn timer from resetting when servers restart, though he can still spawn if the time lapses normally.

Assume nothing!

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Killed it cross-realm with a group on Openraid, looks like you can still use your coins if it's cross-realm.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Blizzard is a really, really inconsistant and incompetent company when it comes to games.

Good night.

Neki

we started fighting horde right before sha spawned, and as we were killing them, it spawned at the only point we were near

dat anger

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Starting to get bored. I don't like raiding in an organized fashion anymore and LFR is kind of boring. The only thing I even like in this game is farming for mounts, which is getting a little tiresome.

Ultratech

Anyone tried the LFR version of Heart of Fear part 2? Is it as bad as part 1?

Eh..kinda sorta.

2nd boss is bugged since we couldn't get loot from him which pissed me off greatly since I won some Monstrous Stompers, but couldn't get it since it said we had done the boss this week. So yeah...

Anywho, bosses!

1st boss wasn't too bad. Keep CCs up and kill marked adds, and it'll be alright. I guess if people get trigger happy, it could be troublesome. We did it on the first attempt.

2nd boss could be irksome. There's a lot of stuff going on with the amber suits and other crap; it took us several attempts before we managed to kill the guy.

3rd boss isn't too bad until the 3rd phase where shit gets crazy (re: lots of Fear and AoE damage from other players). I quit after about the 3rd attempt since I was getting tired.
Tanks have to switch off or they risk getting MC'd.

Kaper

You know how many Galleon kills I have? Zero. Because I'm always working at the time the server resets. This week I'm on vacation, and hoping that I can at least get ONE down.

At least it's not as bad as hearthing to Halfhill as soon as you can log in only to see Galleon @ 80% and no one wants to make splinter groups for loot. Three. weeks. in. a. row. :/

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Anyone tried the LFR version of Heart of Fear part 2? Is it as bad as part 1?

Hp22p.jpg

Clipse

Starting to get bored. I don't like raiding in an organized fashion anymore and LFR is kind of boring. The only thing I even like in this game is farming for mounts, which is getting a little tiresome.
Same here.. I probably won't be re-subbing after this month. I still have 4 Pandaria factions left to finish for their mounts, but I just don't give a crap anymore.

Einchy

So, looks like today's maintenance is making people lag. A bits into raid my ms kept going to 160-200 and sometimes up to 250 or so.

I looked at the forums and there seems to be a lot of people having the same issue.

gotoadgo

So, looks like today's maintenance is making people lag. A bits into raid my ms kept going to 160-200 and sometimes up to 250 or so.

I looked at the forums and there seems to be a lot of people having the same issue.
WELCOME TO PLAYING IN AUSTRALIA EVERY DAY.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
just killed garalon np

too bad he's super easy in LFR now

Excuse Neki for being a dumb dumb, I'm sure he meant to say that we just blitzed part two, with a one shot on empress and amber lord, wiped once on the first boss. Not at all bad if you have a couple people in the group to shepard the pubs.

Sarcasm

Well considering how I get 150ms in Taiwan..I am very happy with mine >.>

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
135, Sweden playing on US servers.

Yoshichan

The new LFR is hurting my brain.

Tarazet

Got my polearm off of Spirit Kings LFR, finally. Actually I got two of them, was trying for the cloak as well and got another polearm, which is fine.. I can put Windsong or Dancing Steel on one and Colossus on the other.

iLevel is 480, one piece to go until Mystically Epic (cloak). Interestingly, the bear tank we had in Heart of Fear today had Mystically Epic and he was going down like a sack of potatoes on every single trash pull. Was fine on the boss fights though.

I tried switching from Soul of the Forest to Force of Nature, and it served to remind me how much smoother and easier the Feral rotation is with Soul of the Forest. It feels like a completely different class. Without it, I'm constantly having to waste energy on a 0-point Savage Roar just to keep it up because SR and Rip are running out at the same time. With Soul of the Forest, the timing is just right.

Robin64

Another week of LFR, another coin spent on every single boss, another week of nothing but gold. Seriously, what the fuck? I literally cannot move up from Mogu'shan because I have never recieved a single piece of fucking gear. Seriously, this game is pissing me off.

Fuck Blizzard.

Yoshichan

Just got this bad boy:

MuTGO.png

What is Sha Touched Socket?

Yoshichan

._. Guess it's gonna have to be unsocketed for awhile then...

Yoshichan

Don't socket the Raid Finder version unless you intend to never do Normal or Heroic.
With the legendary gem? I'm pretty sure you can unsocket it however you want.

Acidote

So... why does the game let you loot more than 10 sigils of a kind? Will they have another use aside from the gem quest?

Rokam

A vendor opens up after you get your first gem. That way you can buy more, or buy a 2nd one if you're a dualwield class.

mclem

RAGE IN THE VAGUE DIRECTION OF ELEGON.

Really, this is getting silly. Okay, it's a fight that's all about the stupid mistakes, that's fine. If it goes well, it goes well. But phase 3 just obliterates us, and I'm not sure where/how we can make up the remaining 5% or so. The only (vague) possibility is pushing the second orb phase a bit harder (we're taking four orbs each time, ideally, so Elegon has 10 stacks by the end - but we sometimes miss one, and I'm wondering if the fact that we're losing out on DPS on the boss as a result means it'd be smarter to push for 8 orbs securely but being guaranteed to have the boss uptime period when we can ignore the orbs)

At the moment it feels like we have to play it absolutely perfectly to progress, and I suspect that's *not* really the case, but I'm damned if I can figure out exactly what we're doing wrong that would smooth it over. I do wonder if our healers might be a little lacking in AoE output, but that's a problem it's really hard to quantify with any certainty.

About what sort of percentage should the boss be on before the start of the final nuke, realistically? We're currently on or around 33% or so at that point.

Acidote

RAGE IN THE VAGUE DIRECTION OF ELEGON.

Really, this is getting silly. Okay, it's a fight that's all about the stupid mistakes, that's fine. If it goes well, it goes well. But phase 3 just obliterates us, and I'm not sure where/how we can make up the remaining 5% or so. The only (vague) possibility is pushing the second orb phase a bit harder (we're taking four orbs each time, ideally, so Elegon has 10 stacks by the end - but we sometimes miss one, and I'm wondering if the fact that we're losing out on DPS on the boss as a result means it'd be smarter to push for 8 orbs securely but being guaranteed to have the boss uptime period when we can ignore the orbs)

At the moment it feels like we have to play it absolutely perfectly to progress, and I suspect that's *not* really the case, but I'm damned if I can figure out exactly what we're doing wrong that would smooth it over. I do wonder if our healers might be a little lacking in AoE output, but that's a problem it's really hard to quantify with any certainty.

About what sort of percentage should the boss be on before the start of the final nuke, realistically? We're currently on or around 33% or so at that point.

We were doing it at 22% or 23% if I remember well. And the 10 man encounters are very forgiving on mistakes, but not on deaths. Just remember your raid that in the end, total damage is what really matters, and not DPS. A person falling into the first pit opening with 130k dps is worth nothing versus a 60k dps who makes it alive the whole encounter. The only important dps check on Elegon is killing the orbs at least 4 times before they reach the totems. In HM the orbs gain importance so you better do it as you have been.

mclem

The only important dps check on Elegon is killing the orbs at least 4 times before they reach the totems.

Y'see, it's this sort of statement that makes me think we're missing something significant, because we've effectively got another DPS check in play - killing the boss before the damage gets too lethal in P3 for the healers to keep up with, and I'm not sure if the issue is that we're going into P3 with too much health on the boss (i.e. we need to do more DPS on the boss during the orb phase when orbs aren't in play) or if the problem's with the healers in that phase (should we get to the position where we're grouping by the boss and so it becomes a straight nuke, after about 20 seconds I'm watching various healthbars fluctuate massively)

I do wonder if part of the issue is with the *types* of healers we have. We're not in a position to pick-and-choose, and our healers tend to be more single-target focussed unless we're lucky enough to have one of our monks online, but they're less reliable.

Wubby

Ugh. I pre-ordered the SC: Heart of the Swarm collectors edition on Amazon but now I'm thinking of cancelling. If I cancel the CE I pre-ordered and instead go with the digital deluxe I can get the Baneling pet now instead of waiting till next March. Plus I'll be saving nearly $40 (Shipping to Japan adds $16). But I won't have the box or extras that I'll look at once and then never again.

Einchy

That's laggy?

Yeah, that is laggy.

It completely changes the timing of my rotation and made me fuck up twice. In my screen I was no where near being under Garalon but I triggered 2 crushes during the night.

[edit

And because this is on Blizzard's end, it's pretty fucking annoying. Fix yo shit, Blizz.

Y'see, it's this sort of statement that makes me think we're missing something significant, because we've effectively got another DPS check in play - killing the boss before the damage gets too lethal in P3 for the healers to keep up with, and I'm not sure if the issue is that we're going into P3 with too much health on the boss (i.e. we need to do more DPS on the boss during the orb phase when orbs aren't in play) or if the problem's with the healers in that phase (should we get to the position where we're grouping by the boss and so it becomes a straight nuke, after about 20 seconds I'm watching various healthbars fluctuate massively)

I do wonder if part of the issue is with the *types* of healers we have. We're not in a position to pick-and-choose, and our healers tend to be more single-target focussed unless we're lucky enough to have one of our monks online, but they're less reliable.
Acidote is mostly right. Getting four orbs down is crucial. However, I would also go so far as to say the pylons need to be downed quickly, as well. The faster those go down, the less adds that spawn afterwards, which means more focus on the boss. Not as critical as four orbs, but I feel it is pretty important to overall success.

Sarcasm

Yeah, that is laggy.

It completely changes the timing of my rotation and made me fuck up twice. In my screen I was no where near being under Garalon but I triggered 2 crushes during the night.

[edit

And because this is on Blizzard's end, it's pretty fucking annoying. Fix yo shit, Blizz.

Oh I get none of that @ 150-175ms. US server..I live in TW. Odd.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Ugh. I pre-ordered the SC: Heart of the Swarm collectors edition on Amazon but now I'm thinking of cancelling. If I cancel the CE I pre-ordered and instead go with the digital deluxe I can get the Baneling pet now instead of waiting till next March. Plus I'll be saving nearly $40 (Shipping to Japan adds $16). But I won't have the box or extras that I'll look at once and then never again.

I look at it like this:

Soundtrack worth something? Check.
One look through the book.
One watch through the Blu-ray.
$20.

Now I know you said you have shipping as well.... So that sucks. But for me the $20 is worth the soundtrack (which I usually listen to considerably) and a flip through the source material.

Am a little miffed that pre-orders get that stuff now. I never got why we pay the most to blizz, yet are almost always last to get in on the action. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom