• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclem

Acidote is mostly right. Getting four orbs down is crucial. However, I would also go so far as to say the pylons need to be downed quickly, as well. The faster those go down, the less adds that spawn afterwards, which means more focus on the boss. Not as critical as four orbs, but I feel it is pretty important to overall success.
Well, those stages are pretty much what we're doing (Although we're focussed more on killing the pylons *close* to one another than killing them as fast as possible, due to the haste buff - not that that adds much time on it.)

As I've indicated, I think our only real problem is locking down P3, but I'm not sure if there's much more we can do there in terms of healing other than pushing hard. I think we'd really have struggled yesterday if we didn't also have a druid offtank who could heart-of-the-wild heal in that final phase.

So I'm looking to check out the newest expansion (I've been an on and off long long time player) and I had a few questions:

1. I've heard 1-80 is now a lot quicker to plow through, is that really so?

2. I have an 85 Mage, Resto Shaman, and Prot Warrior but I'm really considering another healing class as I'm hearing Resto Shamans are near the bottom of the pool, what's the wisest choice if I go the healing route?

3. New dungeons any good? Any crazy new concepts that would be hard for me to pick up on?

4. Are Prot warriors still second tier to DK's and Bear tanks?

5. How's a monk overall? Worth it? Too different?

Macattk15

So I'm looking to check out the newest expansion (I've been an on and off long long time player) and I had a few questions:

2. I have an 85 Mage, Resto Shaman, and Prot Warrior but I'm really considering another healing class as I'm hearing Resto Shamans are near the bottom of the pool, what's the wisest choice if I go the healing route?

3. New dungeons any good? Any crazy new concepts that would be hard for me to pick up on?

1. Yes, it's much quicker ... especially if you have heirlooms.

2. Druid probably.

3. Dungeons are decent. Heroics much easier, too easy, than Cataclysm heroics.

4. Dunno. DK's still seem the best though, not sure how Brewmaster fits in ... we use one and he takes damage pretty well.

5. Mistweaver's healing is pretty damn good. Brewmaster seems decent at tanking. Haven't seen a great Windwalker DPS on boss fights.

1. Yes, it's much quicker ... especially if you have heirlooms.

2. Druid probably.

3. Dungeons are decent. Heroics much easier, too easy, than Cataclysm heroics.

4. Dunno. DK's still seem the best though, not sure how Brewmaster fits in ... we use one and he takes damage pretty well.

5. Mistweaver's healing is pretty damn good. Brewmaster seems decent at tanking. Haven't seen a great Windwalker DPS on boss fights.

Thank you for the response :)

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area

1. 1-85 is insanely fast. You will commonly outlevel your areas. They made Kalimdor and EK a little better with Cata, but especially TBC and WotLK you will only see 2-3 zones of each at most. and Cata 80+ I only did Vash'jir and Uldum before hitting 85 and going to Pandaria (I think at 85 I actually finished out Uldum because it is so fun, but I was 85 before the end of that zone)

2. Healing is pretty solid for most classes. I am currently alt-speccing a Disc priest (not really an off-spec as it's what I am doing outside of my guild pretty much 100%). Obviously druids.. if you're picking up MoP anyway and leveling 1-90, might as well go for a Monk who is showing to be solid as well... at least according to our guildie who is currently healing as one.

3. Dungeon design is MUCH different than Cata and pre-WotLK. Very much in line with Northrend dungeons actually. 30-45 minutes TOPS. I can't imagine most people who actually care hitting the bronze time limit in Challenge mode, and most coordinated folks being able to hit Silver.

4. Prot warriors are very effective... but yes... DKs and Bears are 99% of what I see, followed by Pallys.

5. Can't answer as I haven't really gotten one anywhere yet. One guildie has a tank and one has a healer, and both say thy aren't bad. I can't offer more than that though.

Robin64

So who just did LFR Mogu'shan and walked away with zero loot once again? THIS GUY.

Seriously fuck Blizzard. This is beyond a joke.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So who just did LFR Mogu'shan and walked away with zero loot once again? THIS GUY.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

I got my helm, belt and shoulderpads(3 times) from LFR Mogu'shan + my boots(2 times in the same run, goddamn wasted gold coin) from LFR Heart of Fear.

You can hate me, it's ok.

As for healing, i love my holy paladin. Even with most of my gear being PVP ilvl 450 and the rest 463(except my shitty 437 green trinket), i never have to drink in my heroics, unless its Shado-Pan Mastery. That one is always a bit more intense on healing in the second half.

I got my helm, belt and shoulderpads(3 times) from LFR Mogu'shan + my boots(2 times in the same run, goddamn wasted gold coin) from LFR Heart of Fear.

You can hate me, it's ok.

Only Elegon and Stone Guard drop upgrades for me in LFR MSV at this point.
Spend your VP, people...

Entropia

No One Remembers
I got a Neck and Chest from LFR yesterday from the first half of HoF and the last half of MV. Guess what I don't need? :\

I think this token system was actually a horrible idea.

Bisnic

I got a Neck and Chest from LFR yesterday from the first half of HoF and the last half of MV. Guess what I don't need? :\

I think this token system was actually a horrible idea.

Especially when that stupid token/coin gives gold 75% of the time. And i'm being generous.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I'd like it a lot more if items just had a higher drop chance, as is, I had a lot easier time getting loot with the old system.

Especially when that stupid token/coin gives gold 75% of the time. And i'm being generous.

Coins have never given me anything. :(

Bisnic

I'd like it a lot more if items just had a higher drop chance, as is, I had a lot easier time getting loot with the old system.

They did this to get rid of people ninjaing items that they don't even need or are already using(and man, were these people annoying in LFR Dragon Soul). It was a nice idea in theory, but it's really not implemented that well.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Yeah, I know.

Even with ninjas and people wanting to trade items, I got loot ten times faster.

Seriously, on my Pally I had a pretty good set for Holy, Prot and Ret with tons of items from LFR.

I really do think if they just increased the drop chance a bit more it'd be a million times better.

Macattk15

I got 3 items from MSV yesterday ... and it was all the first half.

Too bad 2 of them were crap or sidegrades to me though.

Didn't get anything in HoF or 2nd half of MSV. Or Sha. Or Galleon.

Ultratech

I got 3 items from MSV yesterday ... and it was all the first half.

Too bad 2 of them were crap or sidegrades to me though.

Didn't get anything in HoF or 2nd half of MSV. Or Sha. Or Galleon.

Like I mentioned earlier in the thread, I won some boots from the second boss in the 2nd half of HoF, but couldn't loot them due to a bug. Probably won't get those boots either. ;_;

Yeah, I know.

Even with ninjas and people wanting to trade items, I got loot ten times faster.

Seriously, on my Pally I had a pretty good set for Holy, Prot and Ret with tons of items from LFR.

I really do think if they just increased the drop chance a bit more it'd be a million times better.

Month Three, people...

Between my priest, hunter and warlock I've downed 24 LFR bosses today, for which I got a trinket and a belt, both of which I already had. 24 kills and nothing remotely useful, not even sigils.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Like I mentioned earlier in the thread, I won some boots from the second boss in the 2nd half of HoF, but couldn't loot them due to a bug. Probably won't get those boots either. ;_;

You don't loot them, they're placed in your inventory. Was your inventory full?

Enosh

Yeah, I know.
eh looks about equal to me
You don't loot them, they're placed in your inventory. Was your inventory full?
LFR yesterday 8at least on the US servers) apparently had some issues where you were locked out of loot if you wiped on a boss, when you are locked out you still get a "this is what you could have won" thingy pop up

Hi.

Venting time. I've been doing Raid Finder for the past three or four weeks, and I haven't gotten a single drop. Not one. I'm upset. I just thought I'd share.

I also think HoF is more fun than the Vaults, and I adore the Imperial Vizier fight. It's so much fun.

Maybe the reason I've been so screwed over by RNG is that the Empress is gonna drop me the Sha Touched fist weapon and my bonus roll will get me the Monk chest item. Here's hoping. :/

Mothman91

So, my friend got me into swtor, and then my urge to play the better mmo rised. Haven't played since 4.1, so I'm very out of the circle.

1. Any way to check my character? I've been hacked before, and could've again during this long break I've been on. Don't want to get back in to see all my characters being naked.

2. How's LFR? Or more so how it works? I left right before they implemented it, and it seems a bit interesting. I usually just get play time now really late, and I never found a raid to get into at like midnight. Is it easy to get into a raid during late nights??

3. Does MOP give a first month subscription?? Just curious, if not, I'm gonna have to use blizzards 7 free days they gave me via email.

Ultratech

Did you open a ticket?

Yeah, The GM kinda gave one of those generic messages that amounted to, "Thanks for letting us know. We're looking into it."

However, from what seems to be gathered from the Forums, they're not gonna compensate us for the bug, which is bullshit.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004017847?page=1

LFR yesterday 8at least on the US servers) apparently had some issues where you were locked out of loot if you wiped on a boss, when you are locked out you still get a "this is what you could have won" thingy pop up

Yep, that's what happened. We got loot on the first boss because we didn't wipe, but couldn't get loot for the 2nd, which we wiped on several times.

Sure enough, lots of people were pissed; myself included.

Tarazet

I feel terrible in a way for having such great luck with drops. I got the polearm yesterday from Spirit Kings, and Agility cloak off of Garalon today. 476+ Epics in every slot now and I still haven't set foot in a normal mode raid. No tier pieces.

I feel terrible in a way for having such great luck with drops. I got the polearm yesterday from Spirit Kings, and Agility cloak off of Garalon today. 476+ Epics in every slot now and I still haven't set foot in a normal mode raid. No tier pieces.

:(

That's me frowning at you.

That's another frown for emphasis.

Tarazet

That's me frowning at you.

That's another frown for emphasis.

It's just silly at this point. Here's what I've gotten from LFR so far:

- 476 helm x2 (both same run)
- 476 shoulders
- 483 cloak
- 476 polearm x2 (both same run)
- 483 boots
- 476 ring
- 476 DPS trinket

Add to that crafted gloves, Darkmoon trinket, Golden Lotus neck, Klaxxi ring, and Valor chest, legs, and bracers. I pretty much had perfect drops to fill in all the gaps.

Now there's nothing left but to start on the healing off-set, which I should do since I have only 2 Sigils. I'll hang up the cat for a while and be tank/healer. I think if I craft both the LW pieces my off-set should be around 460 equipped.

^

So jelly. Are you a Monk?

I guess I shouldn't bitch SO much. I do have four sigils, all of which I've gotten between Saturday-Today. But I want some gear, damn it. Especially a weapon.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
So im reading Wow news fresh off of work because im curious to see if Pandaria pulled a Cataclysm. Seems like its been well received.

Anyway. i had no intention of rejoining. Then i read some spoilers. And holy fuck do i want to rejoin! i guess im Horde at heart lol

Sarcasm

So im reading Wow news fresh off of work because im curious to see if Pandaria pulled a Cataclysm. Seems like its been well received.

Anyway. i had no intention of rejoining. Then i read some spoilers. And holy fuck do i want to rejoin! i guess im Horde at heart lol

If your US, I can send yea a scroll so yea can see.

A new Seed has been added: Portal Shards
A mage who fell on hard times back in Dalaran has found a new home on Pandaria. Barnaby Fletcher will occasionally visit Halfhill Market to peddle a new type of seed – and take advantage of the Tillers’ hospitality.
Portal Shards grow into consumable items which can be used to open a portal from Sunsong Ranch to a major faction city.

Oh my god yes. For all the people saying that they just wanted to chill in Halfhill, here's you chance!

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
If your US, I can send yea a scroll so yea can see.
Wow that was quick. Thanks though ive a friend who will probably want to do it for me if i do resub.

Its just occurred to me that Alliance only had cool city stuff in Vanilla. The city fight with Onyxia was so epic at the time. The whole quest chain really. Since then though? Horde has been in awesome overdrive. Battle for Undercity, anyone? You know, the quest where Horde was so boss they had to do the quest chain for the Alliance. Even Garrosh taking over was worth it for the anticipated eventual outcome.

Tarazet

^

So jelly. Are you a Monk?

I guess I shouldn't bitch SO much. I do have four sigils, all of which I've gotten between Saturday-Today. But I want some gear, damn it. Especially a weapon.

Druid. I hit 90 in four days and just this week hit Exalted with Shado-Pan, so I'm not a poopsocker, but I'm an active and serious player.

Trickster

Lol, on garalon in lfr. I ask if just a single person knows how to handle the debuff, and can help me handle it. A hunter says he can...turns out he knew how to get the debuff, but hadn't got fuck all of a clue on what to do once he had it.

LFR, gotta love it.

Oh yeah, MoP is just happy fun times all 'round. So many things to do like dailys, more dailys, and oh yeah, more dailys.

scoobs

good god, i win 3 things from the LFR and all of them are worse than what i have. I hate this garbage, give me a damn weapon

Irnbru

good god, i win 3 things from the LFR and all of them are worse than what i have. I hate this garbage, give me a damn weapon

Only upgrades out of all LFR are the HOF for me are the mace, and tier pieces :(, just been running dps now in LFR lol

scoobs

Only upgrades out of all LFR are the HOF for me are the mace, and tier pieces :(, just been running dps now in LFR lol

wish that were the case for me. I've gotten 2 drops total (including extra rolls). Ive been clearing MGV for a month now (and 2/6 HoF since it was released). Also, I'm first in line for all plate dps drops. Awweeeesssooooommeeeeee luck

Robin64

Just so bummed out. Imagine running Mogushan LFR every week since it launched and having recieved nothing (Other than 6 Sigisl). Yeah, what a fantastic fucking system now.

TheYanger

Got H Will finally, the control strat is fun but it breaks the server with crippling lag if you don't use 4 mages for perma ring :/ Thankfully our adapted strat will work even after 5.1 when they cap hard CC like ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom