• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entropia

No One Remembers
There's also one or two questlines in Kun-Lai that are pretty interesting like that.

The first is part-way through some of the Yaungol stuff where you have to break out some Shado-Pan dudes only to find one guy pretty much gone. His wife/lover sees this and gets emotional and vows revenge. Sometime later, you stop at a Yaungol village which has been totally decimated by its inhabitants who were possessed by the Sha. Sure enough after some quests, you find that the guy's wife had been camping up in the village and ends up possessed by the Sha of Hatred and you have to put her down.

The second is something to do with this swamp dude and his buddies. The Yaungol are messing with the swamp, so you do some quests to help him and his buddies get back to full health and take on the main guy tormenting them. Though the dude ends up being much stronger than expected and kills them off except for the guy you found to begin with. Eventually, you kill the Yaungol dude, the swamp dude gives you a reward and fades away...he died. :(

Those are TOwnlong Steppes. And yes, sad quests :(

Rokam

I really do feel bad for the Yaungol, they didn't even make 1 good one. Sure you help the guy that's chained up, but he's just pissed off and wants revenge. Should have made them ally with the horde. Then when new models come out Tauren can be Yaungol and Taunkas! Make it so.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So... i got the spirit dagger from the 2nd LFR boss of the 2nd half of HoF... and i'm a mage.

It could have give me the tier pants or the belt.... but noooo, a spirit dagger!

Irnbru

i
So... i got the spirit dagger from the 2nd LFR boss of the 2nd half of HoF... and i'm a mage.

It could have give me the tier pants or the belt.... but noooo, a spirit dagger!

Reforge that spirit to your best Stat, put a gem in that bitch, toss in an enchant, and baby you've got a stew going.

Nugg

You should report that somehow so hopefully it gets fixed. It's not bad luck it's a bug, you're not supposed to get spirit gear at all.

Ultratech

Those are TOwnlong Steppes. And yes, sad quests :(

Long day at work; I get stuff like that confused often.

But yeah, they made kinda feel bad for a bit. :(

Speaking of quests that make you feel bad...there's a kinda hidden one in the Valley where there's a little baby crocolisk smacking on some dead cranes.

If you kill him, his momma comes out and tries to eat you for killing her baby. Kill her and you get a quest item (a giant crocolisk tail) to turn in for some money.

And now I feel like a monster. :(

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Jesus, the lagspikes are still happening. Really awesome when I spam my attacks and I can't see if any of them are hitting for 6 seconds straight.

Tamanon

Banned
Always good to wipe a few times on the last boss of Shadowpan. And then hearing the hunter who was one of the guys on orbs say "Oops, I wasn't really paying attention"

Rokam

What are some good glpyh choices for DKs? Frost..thinking of doign frost for both Pve and PvP.

For PvE Anti-Magic Shell is a must, Dark Succor is nice for soloing and if there's adds + AoE damage. For the third I personally use Pestilence. Minor glyphs = Tranquil Grip, Path Of Frost, Army of the Dead, these are pretty self-explanatory.

Westlo

To change the topic completely.. are there any really powerful emotional quests in Mists of Pandaria? i remember being taken completely by surprise with the Honoring the Dead quest at Taurajo. A combination of the music and the looters in the backgrounds makes seeing the spirits reaction both devastating and infuriating. i thought it capped off perfectly with the flight master realizing he is dead then mounting a wyvern and taking off into the sky.

I didn't come across anything that compare to the amazing GOEL quest from Cata, I was in tears during that quest.

Rokam

So what's the deal with hunters, trying to find a BM PvE guide, but there isn't one that exists that was written after beta. And nearly everywhere I can find information it's all contradictory.

Tarazet

If I want to heal, then should I go resto druid? I already have a priest, but I really like healing. Otherwise, I guess I may level some dps up to 80 using the scroll of resurrection.

They're completely different types of healers. You'll have to just read a description of how it works to get a sense of if you will like it. Druids' spell book (at least for stuff useful to Resto) is fairly short, compared to a Priest; you have five single-target heals (Nourish, Healing Touch, Regrowth, Rejuvenation, and Lifebloom) and three multi-target heals (Wild Growth, Wild Mushroom: Bloom, Tranquility). It works like this for most pulls: cast a direct heal, usually Nourish, on the tank on pull and then stack Lifebloom to 3. If more healing is needed for maintenance, cast Rejuv. If that's still not enough, use Swiftmend on cooldown. Spot heal with Nourish at least every 20 seconds to keep the buff up. For heavy single-target, if you use Glyph of Regrowth, always prioritize Regrowth over Healing Touch for the guaranteed Living Seed unless the target already has one on him. For AoE healing, use whatever will give you enough healing for the situation as they're all very efficient if they don't overheal.

As an aside, one of the appealing things of the Druid was its hybrid capabilities, and it still has them, but they work differently than they used to. Gone are the days of free Wrath spam; if you have a burn phase where DPS is needed much more than healing, it's better to shift into Cat Form, since it costs less mana to shift to cat and back than it does to cast a single Wrath, cat abilities don't use any mana, and a passive gives you Agility equal to your Intellect in Cat Form. Basically, what this means is that you shouldn't even bother casting nukes unless 1) you take the Dream of Cenarius talent, which will completely change how you play the class if you take it, or 2) you have Heart of the Wild's cooldown active, which makes Wrath free and also makes it hit like a truck.

Rokam

I'm not, remember kripp talking about how shit BM spec was on his stream a few weeks ago.

Oh wait no my bad, I had wrong tab open. In heroic content Survival is coming out better. But it appears to vary depending on the fight. But still no updated guides anywhere?

Scratch that, only a couple fights where Survival is coming out better in heroic content. So... where's my guides at good players?

Trickster

Oh wait no my bad, I had wrong tab open. In heroic content Survival is coming out better. But it appears to vary depending on the fight. But still no updated guides anywhere?

Scratch that, only a couple fights where Survival is coming out better in heroic content. So... where's my guides at good players?

Can't you just look at what the top players in guilds like blood legion and method in armory and see what they are doing?

Westlo

The growing conflict between the Horde and the Alliance has spilled across the face of Azeroth: level 90 players can now queue for Wintergrasp and Tol Barad via the PvP tab to battle one another in these epic conflicts.

Wintergrasp is back baby!

Rokam

Can't you just look at what the top players in guilds like blood legion and method in armory and see what they are doing?

For stats and spec sure, but rotations, when to use various CD's, how to sync them up. All the other random crap. For example found one thing saying use Beastial Wrath & Rapid Fire together, and another saying never use them together.

Neki

So what's the deal with hunters, trying to find a BM PvE guide, but there isn't one that exists that was written after beta. And nearly everywhere I can find information it's all contradictory.

use icy veins!

edit: they haven't touched the guide since beta, lol

Neki

well reading the guide, they said stacking bestial wrath and rapid fire isn't a bad thing, it's just that the -50% focus from bestial wrath and the increased haste from rapid fire accomplish the same thing and give you excess focus you can't spend, so you should only do it when you need to use readiness again.

sounds simple enough!

mclem

Sometimes WoW quests make me feel substantially less than 'heroic.' I remember a questline in Kun'Lai where I'm asked to clear out a Yaungol encampment because they're being aggressive or something, and as I kill their leader he emotes 'We only do what we do to survive.'

What the fuck did I just do? :(

MoP seems awfully casual about killing. "This intelligent race stole some vegetables. Kill them". "These non-aggressive sprites are stealing and hoarding boots. Kill them"

I don't recall the storylines being quite like this in the past, at least not as *obviously* such. I do wonder if it's deliberately highlighting our warlike nature. Alternatively, I wonder if 'respawning' is actually meaningful *in-universe* here.

mclem

This evening i'm running my first raid. Ever. Mogu'shan Vaults 10 m normal. I'm a tank. lol i have to get used to wipes i suppose.

Good luck. The first boss is kinda tough for inexperienced tanks, so it's gonna be a bit of a baptism of fire! Still, it's also a great education about careful control of taunts.

Rokam

MoP seems awfully casual about killing. "This intelligent race stole some vegetables. Kill them". "These non-aggressive sprites are stealing and hoarding boots. Kill them"

I don't recall the storylines being quite like this in the past, at least not as *obviously* such. I do wonder if it's deliberately highlighting our warlike nature. Alternatively, I wonder if 'respawning' is actually meaningful *in-universe* here.

One of the Pandaren actually tells you that the sprites will just come back. Killing them is just a temporary death. I don't remember the exact wording on it.

Macattk15

The growing conflict between the Horde and the Alliance has spilled across the face of Azeroth: level 90 players can now queue for Wintergrasp and Tol Barad via the PvP tab to battle one another in these epic conflicts.

Wintergrasp is back baby!

I've been doing Tol Barad daily for a free 500 honor as well as 700 honor weekly ....

mclem

One of the Pandaren actually tells you that the sprites will just come back. Killing them is just a temporary death. I don't remember the exact wording on it.

I saw that mentioned for the water sprite things, but I didn't see it ever mentioned for the wood guys. (I'm sure one of them isn't a 'sprite', but I forget which is which!)

The place I saw it mentioned is in Vale of the Eternal Blossoms:

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=30235

Maybe they *are* intended to be the same type of creature as the woodsprite, that's not quite clear.

Rokam

I saw that mentioned for the water sprite things, but I didn't see it ever mentioned for the wood guys. (I'm sure one of them isn't a 'sprite', but I forget which is which!)

I just assume it's true for all sprites. That's why they're okay with you murdering them to get their beer back.

lordmrw

So after a 6 week streak of getting nothing but gold from Mogushan Vaults and Sha of Anger I ot my malevelolent gloves and new bracers from the first half of Heart of Fear. Feels good man. I've pretty much resigned myself to not getting any new weapons for another 3 months knowing how bad my luck is (at one point it was a running joke on my server during WOTLK).

mclem

Actually, water dudes seem to be referred to as 'spirits', not 'sprites'. I DON'T KNOW ANY MORE, MY HEAD HURTS, THEY ALL RESPAWN ANYWAY! :)

Rokam

Actually, water dudes seem to be referred to as 'spirits', not 'sprites'. I DON'T KNOW ANY MORE, MY HEAD HURTS, THEY ALL RESPAWN ANYWAY! :)

And the more you kill, and faster you kill them, the more they respawn. So it's like doing them a favor.

Bisnic

So after a 6 week streak of getting nothing but gold from Mogushan Vaults and Sha of Anger I ot my malevelolent gloves and new bracers from the first half of Heart of Fear. Feels good man. I've pretty much resigned myself to not getting any new weapons for another 3 months knowing how bad my luck is (at one point it was a running joke on my server during WOTLK).

Can't you get an epic lvl 476 weapon from professions? I know that with inscription you can makes staves and offhands.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Can't you get an epic lvl 476 weapon from professions? I know that with inscription you can makes staves and offhands.
The only weapons of item level 476 currently available from professions are the mentioned staves (Inscribed Crane Staff, Inscribed Serpent Staff and Inscribed Tiger Staff).

Ultratech

For stats and spec sure, but rotations, when to use various CD's, how to sync them up. All the other random crap. For example found one thing saying use Beastial Wrath & Rapid Fire together, and another saying never use them together.

Yeah, I've never understood that. Ideally, you shouldn't use them together since you end up losing out on DPS or something like that. The best thing to do is pop BW, when it runs out, pop RF, then pop Readiness, then repeat.

Not much point in using the two togther, since while the increased Focus recovery is nice, the haste is semi-wasted since you'll probably be spamming Arcane Shot/Kill Command during BW. (AS is hampered by GCD.) And ideally, you'd be close to Focus capped before popping BW.

Bisnic

Rösti;44406096 said:
The only weapons of item level 476 currently available from professions are the mentioned staves (Inscribed Crane Staff, Inscribed Serpent Staff and Inscribed Tiger Staff).

Oh well, i assumed blacksmith could make some.

Glad that its my mage who have inscription then! Although, ever since i got that spirit dagger from LFR Heart of Fear... i had to replace it.

But at least i could make an epic offhand to go with it! :D

I miss Lunk, the pacifist ogre.

Has Blizzard mentioned any plans of rolling the "port to vale" spells into the actual teleport list in 5.1?

And while they are doing this, they need to remove teleport from the game. Now that there aren't any reagents required any more, having both teleports and portals doesn't serve any purpose. This would also force Blizz into making a portal for old Dalaran, which could provide for even more lulz than Theramore.

Ultratech

Seems Blizz decided to compensate people after all for the bug in LFR on Tuesday by giving those affected 2 Elder Charms.

Can't check if I got mine right now, but I guess that'll work. Better than nothing at least.

Currently capped my mage at 70. Don't know how long he'll stay there, but I might have some fun for a bit. If I get bored early, I'll definitely cap of the toons I'm currently leveling at 80 to grab Herald of the Titans before moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom