• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

mileS

And while they are doing this, they need to remove teleport from the game. Now that there aren't any reagents required any more, having both teleports and portals doesn't serve any purpose. This would also force Blizz into making a portal for old Dalaran, which could provide for even more lulz than Theramore.

Dal has portals to SW/Org. Before MoP it was actually the place to be hearth wise. Considering the portal to CoT for dragon soul. All the smart people picked dal for a hearth :p

Unless you're talking about the bubble where Dal used to be. Which in that case im confused now.

Nerdy Fergy

Neo Member
They're completely different types of healers. You'll have to just read a description of how it works to get a sense of if you will like it. Druids' spell book (at least for stuff useful to Resto) is fairly short, compared to a Priest; you have five single-target heals (Nourish, Healing Touch, Regrowth, Rejuvenation, and Lifebloom) and three multi-target heals (Wild Growth, Wild Mushroom: Bloom, Tranquility). It works like this for most pulls: cast a direct heal, usually Nourish, on the tank on pull and then stack Lifebloom to 3. If more healing is needed for maintenance, cast Rejuv. If that's still not enough, use Swiftmend on cooldown. Spot heal with Nourish at least every 20 seconds to keep the buff up. For heavy single-target, if you use Glyph of Regrowth, always prioritize Regrowth over Healing Touch for the guaranteed Living Seed unless the target already has one on him. For AoE healing, use whatever will give you enough healing for the situation as they're all very efficient if they don't overheal.

As an aside, one of the appealing things of the Druid was its hybrid capabilities, and it still has them, but they work differently than they used to. Gone are the days of free Wrath spam; if you have a burn phase where DPS is needed much more than healing, it's better to shift into Cat Form, since it costs less mana to shift to cat and back than it does to cast a single Wrath, cat abilities don't use any mana, and a passive gives you Agility equal to your Intellect in Cat Form. Basically, what this means is that you shouldn't even bother casting nukes unless 1) you take the Dream of Cenarius talent, which will completely change how you play the class if you take it, or 2) you have Heart of the Wild's cooldown active, which makes Wrath free and also makes it hit like a truck.

Thank you very much for your detailed and well thought out response. This was the information I was looking for. I really appreciate you taking the time to write that out for me!

Berordn

And while they are doing this, they need to remove teleport from the game. Now that there aren't any reagents required any more, having both teleports and portals doesn't serve any purpose. This would also force Blizz into making a portal for old Dalaran, which could provide for even more lulz than Theramore.

There's already an Ancient Portal: Dalaran. Once you know Ancient Teleport: Dalaran, the reagent vendor who sells Dalaran Brilliance and Polymorph: Black Cat has a tome that teaches it.

There's already an Ancient Portal: Dalaran. Once you know Ancient Teleport: Dalaran, the reagent vendor who sells Dalaran Brilliance and Polymorph: Black Cat has a tome that teaches it.

84q9J.gif

F0frh.gif

Still, my point still stands. Teleports are a waste. But then again, I just realised that i do not HAVE to have it on my bar. :p

Rokam

Need some help with a macro. I have my Serpent Sting tied to the /cast [mod:shift] macro. But I'd also like it to tell my pet to attack when I cast serpent sting. Would this be possible with that style of macro?

Example-
Macro Currently: /cast [mod:shift] Serpent Sting; Arcane Shot
Marcro I want: /cast [Mod:shift] Serpent Sting /petattack; Arcane Shot

Westlo

Rösti;44406096 said:
The only weapons of item level 476 currently available from professions are the mentioned staves (Inscribed Crane Staff, Inscribed Serpent Staff and Inscribed Tiger Staff).

I can make the staff right now but I bet I'll get a rf drop if I do... And if I don't I'll be stuck with a 450 blue forever lol

ch0mp

Need some help with a macro. I have my Serpent Sting tied to the /cast [mod:shift] macro. But I'd also like it to tell my pet to attack when I cast serpent sting. Would this be possible with that style of macro?

Example-
Macro Currently: /cast [mod:shift] Serpent Sting; Arcane Shot
Marcro I want: /cast [Mod:shift] Serpent Sting /petattack; Arcane Shot
You can't have 2 actions happing in the same line like that:
/cast [mod:shift] Serpent Sting; Arcane Shot
/petattack
Is how I would do it, unless there's a reason you don't want your pet attacking on both?

Tarazet

Thank you very much for your detailed and well thought out response. This was the information I was looking for. I really appreciate you taking the time to write that out for me!

Also bear in mind, the Druid's weakness is that it doesn't have nearly the number of "oh shit!" buttons that the Priest does. If you're looking for something like Guardian Spirit, or Mass Dispel, or Power Word: Shield, you won't find it. You have to be on top of your game all the time and anticipate damage. The tradeoff is that you have a battle res, but so do several other classes.

Slayerx

Do you guys remember spongebob guy who would come in here to flame every month or so, holy shit did he have a meltdown in gw2 thread o_O, Diablo 3 yoshi levels of meltdown, that was slightly off-topic.

I like how they implemented LFR this time around, it's not a complete faceroll for most groups and I see the playerbase actually improving from week to week. For example, first week on twin emperors people would just fail endlessly, now it's one shot in most groups and people actually know how to dance. :O

I really really really want universal tag in this game, it would improve the dailies experience so much. :( But I mean they resisted aoe loot for how long I see the history repeating itself with universal tag and they will cave in.

Can't wait for Brawler's guild and hope I get my invite early. :(

Rokam

You can't have 2 actions happing in the same line like that:

Is how I would do it, unless there's a reason you don't want your pet attacking on both?

Not sure if it would have any major effect, but Arcane shot is a focus dump. I'll just put it on another button.

Westlo

Do you guys remember spongebob guy who would come in here to flame every month or so, holy shit did he have a meltdown in gw2 thread o_O, Diablo 3 yoshi levels of meltdown, that was slightly off-topic.

Yeah I found it hilarious, poor guy was riding so hard on the "lol wow, gw2 is the shit" train and now he has to wait for the next thing to beat wow :(

Keep in mind, the staff is BoA also.

Well I was thinking of maybe leveling a Warlock or a priest eventually... I guess a boomkin astral druid can also make good use of it.

And the staff can also be turned into 10 Scrolls of Wisdom once you get an upgrade and if you're 100% you won't make an alt that might need it.

That's a nice option to have available, even if it serves me well for a long time it's good to know.

Make the staff, hoping for an rf drop is unrealistic.

True, but you never know lol.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Haven't posted in a while >.< sorry guys, been too busy :lol

Gotta make sure to get my conquest/valor-cap before reset... fuck.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Enosh

Do you guys remember spongebob guy who would come in here to flame every month or so, holy shit did he have a meltdown in gw2 thread o_O, Diablo 3 yoshi levels of meltdown, that was slightly off-topic.(
to be fair GW2 did just do a rather fundamental drift away from everything they have done in gw1 and from what they have said about gw2 in the past 2 years

will see how far they take the whole gear progression thing and how it works out for them

I kinda feel bad that I'm not playing end-game on my main (capping valor, LFR, etc.), but at the same time it's kinda nice since I don't actually feel like doing those things at the moment.

Conflicted on whether it's worth it to keep up the sub if I just want to play alts for a month. It's so weird.

Slayerx

I've been mostly doing pet battles, some dailies for achieves and occasional lfr, nothing to feel bad about :p Can't be bothered farming for valor.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
They really need something meaningful to spend them on, first. The upgrade system might be that, but until I've seen it firsthand I haven't been capping valor since the expansion hit.

What they really need to do is not force us to get revered with Klaxxi, Golden Lotus, Shado-Pan and August Celestials to have to ability to buy every 489 epics. It's ok the first time, but for alts? Fuck it, even that 5.1 rep "buff" isn't enough.

Berordn

What they really need to do is not force us to get revered with Klaxxi, Golden Lotus, Shado-Pan and August Celestials to have to ability to buy every 489 epics. It's ok the first time, but for alts? Fuck it, even that 5.1 rep "buff" isn't enough.

I 100% agree. I had to switch raiding characters thanks to a caster deficiency in our raiding core and now the very idea of having to do those dailies again is filling me with rage. I've had incredibly bad loot luck two weeks in a row now and my only real options are VP gear that I can't get. I've done this content, why should I have to do it again?

Priest is now 71. Healing is still stupidly easy (haven't been shadow for a couple levels). Unless a tank pulls like 20 mobs, I don't even need to use any cooldowns.

I can tell Northrend is going to go by quickly. It's been awhile since I've been through, so I don't think the XP buff was quite as high last time.

Trying to get in some last Outland dungeons, maybe grab a heroic if possible. Not many people queue for them though.

Finaika

I'm just glad they didn't force us to get exalted with every factions to get gear.

Draxal

It's so retardedly stupid and it's just goes against the yeah we got rid of head enchants because we though grinding rep (though dungeons) was not fun.

Hex

Banned
So I am making a new account after four years or so.
I was given a code for the Battle Chest.
Any suggestion for server?

Edit: Not really a raider, more casual who gets serious in bursts.

Yoshichan

Personally, I love this gift :3 Can level even faster now!

Yoshichan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom