• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait until 10 year anni.

You'll be surprised. :)
Are you saying the WoW servers will even be up at that point?! I heard WoW is DEAD!

Tarazet

Priest is now 71. Healing is still stupidly easy (haven't been shadow for a couple levels). Unless a tank pulls like 20 mobs, I don't even need to use any cooldowns.

I can tell Northrend is going to go by quickly. It's been awhile since I've been through, so I don't think the XP buff was quite as high last time.

Trying to get in some last Outland dungeons, maybe grab a heroic if possible. Not many people queue for them though.

I RAF'd a priest from 1 to 80 in three days and about 9 hours played with a friend. He started on a warrior and switched to a DK once I hit 60. Started out as Disc, switched to Holy around 70 since the healing was no longer working well. We just specific queued for dungeons as tank and healer, one at a time and doing all the quests. No need to deal with stupid bags or Old Hillsbrad Foothills 10 times in a row.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Saw it... "with the return of a certain very large dragon, this has been a rough year for the world of Azeroth"

Yup... recycled letter from last year. You can't get any more lazy than this, it would have taken like 5 mins to make a letter referencing to pandas, or Shas or the incoming battles between Horde vs Alliance.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just realized that I might be addicted to energy drinks (well, only Monster, but still)... fuck.

Yoshichan

3 people here in TW died (recently) from drinking Monster. =S
Must've been something wrong with Monster then, right?!

;)

Yoshichan

You remind me so much of my older brother :(
I seem to remind everyone of their older/younger brother, for some reason... this is like the 5th time I've heard that from someone on GAF :lol

3 people here in TW died (recently) from drinking Monster. =S

Why do people drink the absolute shitty version of Monster? The green one is AWFUL tasting and is terrible for your body. So much sugar

I prefer the sugar free red bull anyway , + metabolism boost .

Anyway..

pvp bots @_@

I RAF'd a priest from 1 to 80 in three days and about 9 hours played with a friend. He started on a warrior and switched to a DK once I hit 60. Started out as Disc, switched to Holy around 70 since the healing was no longer working well. We just specific queued for dungeons as tank and healer, one at a time and doing all the quests. No need to deal with stupid bags or Old Hillsbrad Foothills 10 times in a row.

I've been Disc healing. One shield will absorb more than my total HP, it's crazy. Between OP shields and Penance, I don't really need to do much unless someone is taking a lot of damage, so I just end up smite healing mostly.

Why do people drink the absolute shitty version of Monster? The green one is AWFUL tasting and is terrible for your body. So much sugar

I prefer the sugar free red bull anyway , + metabolism boost .

Anyway..

pvp bots @_@

This is the Monster I like. Good taste and not too terrible for you (2g sugar / 8 oz)

41u%2B%2BVJ2UnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Ultratech

This is the Monster I like. Good taste and not too terrible for you (2g sugar / 8 oz)

41u%2B%2BVJ2UnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I liked Khaos. Assualt was alright.

Used to drink them when I worked out or needed a boost in College.

I don't even bother touching them nowadays, just because I don't have a need for them.

Rokam

Think I'm done trying to cap valor each week. I really don't get why they went away from the 7 heroics caps you for the week formula.

Think I'm done trying to cap valor each week. I really don't get why they went away from the 7 heroics caps you for the week formula.

It's definitely odd. Reputation and Valor are two things that they went more hardcore on, the most since BC-era. And not in a good way either. It's just time-consuming and unfun.

JCizzle

Didn't they bring back Ony for 5th or 6th anniversary? Wish they'd do something like that every year, even if it's a half assed buffing the boss & loot table to 90 type effort.

Mothman91

Tips for gearing once I hit 90?? Going holy, so groups should be easier to get into for me. Certains reps I should be going for? I'll probably buy a couple of epics that are going for 2-3k.

Dreamland Boy

Neo Member
That doesn't sound right. On my server the crafted 476ilevel chests and gloves go for maybe 10k if you are lucky. Most up on the AH for at least 12k.

Dreamland Boy

Neo Member
Server economies are such fun. I'm horde on Wyrmrest Accord. The cloth healer stuff is around 4k. The rest is all between 9-15k. This is supposed to be a high pop server, so I'm surprised it's this high. *shrug*

Ultratech

They should have brought Kazzak back for a couple weeks, since it's almost the 5 year for BC.

But he's still in the game? (Granted, like any world boss, he takes forever to shows up and gets his ass kicked pretty quickly once he pops up.)

Actually, Kazzak at 90 would be interesting. Though his mechanics would likely piss a lot of people off. (*somebody gets killed; Kazzak gets a ton of HP*)

Maybe they could give us a redone AQ 10/40 tuned for 90?

Bisnic

If you do all 4 LFR raids + one heroic a day, you get 920/1000 Valor points. Which means you'll need to do 2 extra heroics to reach the cap after all this. And that's if you do 0 dailies in that week.

It's not impossible, but it sure is longer than doing only 7 heroics that's for sure. And doing it with more than one character is just asking a bit too much. I kinda miss the old days of farming for Valor. I used to do this with 3 characters!

Tarazet

Tips for gearing once I hit 90?? Going holy, so groups should be easier to get into for me. Certains reps I should be going for? I'll probably buy a couple of epics that are going for 2-3k.

Golden Lotus up to Revered is mandatory, Klaxxi Revered is nice for the 489 legs. Then once GL is up to Revered, go for Revered with August Celestials and Shado-Pan, or at the very least Honored.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Some thoughts..

- Having characters from vanilla makes bags a big problem. ive got so much stuff i cant myself to get rid of. im easily gonna drop 1k on void storage alone.

- Alliance side.. i really like what Blizzard has done with Prince Anduin. One of the only "good" characters in the game. One of only a couple that could convince Horde and Alli to work together.

- Horde side.. there really is no greater honor than being the tip of the Horde spear.

Westlo

To all you AH barons , good tip for making gold right now?

Whats hot? whats not? Any shit to farm?

Making gold sucks in MOP, anything really useful is obviously being kept as a secret by the top barons, there's nothing like the The Obsidium shuffle from early Cata which was a brain dead way to become WoW Rich.

Anyway some tips I guess...

Ironpaw Shuffle! (buy low, trade in and purchase expensive food which you sell)
Embersilk Bags (You're level 90, grab a potion of treasure finding and mow through mobs, google the spot, obviously works best if you have a tailor, otherwise just sell the stuff on the AH)

Have an JC and an Enchanter? What's the cost of 6 Serpent Eyes + 2 Suns Radiance for you? What's the cost of Ethereal Shards? Free money if you're lucky...

Enchanting again, look @ the price of Dust, Mysterious Essence and Etheral Shards, if 5 dust costs 15g and the Essence sells for 25g.. you know what to do.

Darkmoon Trinkets were the big money makers for the first DMF... people who went full on into that really stuck it big. I was more focused on glyphs, big mistake since morons on Frostmourne love selling glyphs @ 3-10g. I make about 5k a week on glyphs posting once when ever I log in, I don't have to make another non MOP glyph (or ink that isn't dreams) until 2 more expansions @ this rate lol

Westlo

MY RAF characters (Ret Paladin lead, druid set on follow) finally hit Outland, my druid is flying to honor hold, my paladin is slowly, slowly swimming through the air towards honor hold, lmao.

Westlo

Someone should modify that "Will save the Ps3" pic into a "Will topple WoW" version and list all the MMOs that have fallen short time and time again.

Slayerx

To be fair some mmos you can't even compare to wow because the experience is completely different, you can't say wow is better than eve because it's just not true, apples and oranges. Cant really compare it with gw2 either because one has vertical progression and the other is horizontal, which fundamentally changes the way game is played.

It's unfortunate that there wasn't a game that could legitimately compete with wow because the quality of content goes down when blizzard is feeling safe.

lordmrw

Careful now, you are not allowed to say these things out loud :eek:

But it really is. It's fascinating to me that no matter how many times I've run these dungeons (and at this point after 5 years I've run nearly all of them over 100 times) I'm still not sick of ti. I have 6 alts that I max out during dead periods of content and I never get bored. Even in the beginning of Cataclysm when I couldn't raid I still found something to do until Firelands. Mind you I don't remember what it was but still.

So I'm coming back after a break. Looking to start fresh on a new server. Do any Gaffers play together anywhere? Was thinking of starting an undead priest on Area-52. Want to do some 10m raiding.

Sarcasm

So I'm coming back after a break. Looking to start fresh on a new server. Do any Gaffers play together anywhere? Was thinking of starting an undead priest on Area-52. Want to do some 10m raiding.

We are kinda spread around. I honestly have no gaffer friend on area 52.

Bizazedo

PVP bots are seriously taking over

This is terrible , my last WSG 7 of my allies were bots D:

Yeah, but I can totally see why, sadly.

I capped VP last night and started to check out Conquest prices for items (almost to 2000 Conquest points from casual BG'ng) and did a double take when I saw how much Conquest you had to have earned to get the first epic weapon.

7000+? Okeedokee.

8 years and still the biggest and the best MMMO in the world.

Way to go Blizz.

It is, but lazy shit like the letter referencing Deathwing for the 8 year anniversary makes me wonder sometimes..

Hex

Banned
So... my nooblet self is now a Worgen Hunter on wyrmrest-accord.
Now I have to remember everything again, last time I played was five years ago and even then only got a forsaken rogue and blood elf warlock to around 30.

Sarcasm

For the torch running daily..its pretty random when the wind eats your torch. I was on bridge three times and wind on left and I on right..it eats my damn torch.

Bisnic

For the torch running daily..its pretty random when the wind eats your torch. I was on bridge three times and wind on left and I on right..it eats my damn torch.

Unless your latency is bad, you shouldn't have this problem. Everytime i lost my torch was actually my fault for running into one of these mini-tornado.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom