• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcasm

Unless your latency is bad, you shouldn't have this problem. Everytime i lost my torch was actually my fault for running into one of these mini-tornado.

150ms to 180ms..at times the tornadoes are all lined up and same (2nd & 3rd parts). Example though when I lose one is the bridge. I get past two and run to the opposite side of third. When I get there and run forward to get to other side BAM ti goes away. SO basically I lose to the left tornado even though I am not even there. Dailies shouldn't have mechanics which can screw you based on your latency.

strafer

We’re delighted to announce our presence at DreamHack Winter 2012, taking place November 22-25 in Jonkoping, Sweden. We’ll be providing plenty of entertainment and hosting various fun activities that you can take part in, and we’ll also have several prizes and goodies you can win, like for an example World of Warcraft Action Figures, StarCraft II Mega Bloks Battlecruisers, Collector’s Edition boxes, and much more. Check out some of the things we will be doing at the event below.

StarCraft Academy
In addition to watching StarCraft II Tournament at the event, eSports fans will have the opportunity to attend StarCraft Academy and learn how to play StarCraft II from professional gamers.

Jade Serpent Challenge
World of Warcraft players at the event will be able to participate in a challenge mode dungeon contest, requiring the highest skill and teamwork. Those who accept the challenge will be able to use their own computers to compete, and we’ll select the fastest groups to battle it out on stage for glory and cool prizes.

Hang Out with Blizzard
All visitors at DreamHack Winter 2012 are welcome to meet up with us at the StarCraft II Tournament Area any time during the event. If you’d like to chat with members of the European Community Team, or simply have some fun with our friendly Pandaren Monk, come and say hi! We’ll gladly spend some time with anyone who wants to hang out with us.

Roundtable Discussions
We’ll host three discussion sessions, one each for World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, and Diablo III, taking place November 23 and 24 in a closed conference room at the event. We’re interested in hearing the thoughts and opinions of players on a number of different topics that will be discussed during the sessions. There are only a limited number of seats available, so the sooner you sign-up for these discussion sessions, the higher your chances are for a seat.

The discussions will take place at the following hours:

World of Warcraft:

Friday at 12:30 CET – 14:00 CET
Saturday at 12:30 CET – 14:00 CET

StarCraft II:

Friday at 16:30 CET – 18:00 CET
Saturday at 14:30 CET – 16:00 CET

Diablo III:

Friday at 14:30 CET – 16:00 CET
Saturday at 16:30 CET – 18:00 CET

If you’d like to sign up in advance for the Roundtable Discussions, please send us an email at Community-EN@blizzard.com with [DHW12] included in the subject line. Let us know your name and indicate which discussion session you’d like to attend. Please note that you must be at least 16 years old to attend the Diablo III discussion.

It will also be possible to sign up for these activities during DreamHack Winter, as long as spots are still available.

The fun takes place November 22-25 at the Elmia in Jonkoping, Sweden, and we hope to see you there!

To find out more about DreamHack Winter 2012, visit the official site.

Awesome.

Yeah, but I can totally see why, sadly.

I capped VP last night and started to check out Conquest prices for items (almost to 2000 Conquest points from casual BG'ng) and did a double take when I saw how much Conquest you had to have earned to get the first epic weapon.

7000+? Okeedokee.

It is, but lazy shit like the letter referencing Deathwing for the 8 year anniversary makes me wonder sometimes..

No that's not an excuse to bot , Its fairly easy to increase your conquest cap/get conquest points.

Actually , there is no excuse to bot in this game. Anyone who bots is a piece of shit honestly

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Dreamhack Winter sounds really good... anyone plan on going, wanna meet me up there?

Tarazet

For the torch running daily..its pretty random when the wind eats your torch. I was on bridge three times and wind on left and I on right..it eats my damn torch.

There are specific areas where the wind will blow it out, and you can find a path that avoids all those areas. But I was only able to cross the bridge with the help of a warlock's portal.

Bizazedo

It really isn't, you can easily conquest cap by doing arenas in under an hour.

Of course it's an excuse. It's easier, especially with all the dailies / rep grinding / raids.

Just because the Conquest is easy peazy for you, doesn't mean others have the time or willpower to slog through loss after loss.

Btw, I'm also against botting, I'm not saying they should do it, but to not understand why they do it is naive.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
That is if you can find someone who isn't an elitist on your server saying you need full epic pvp gear before doing arenas with them.

Then get a friend to do it.

Of course it's an excuse. It's easier, especially with all the dailies / rep grinding / raids.

Just because the Conquest is easy peazy for you, doesn't mean others have the time or willpower to slog through loss after loss.

Btw, I'm also against botting, I'm not saying they should do it, but to not understand why they do it is naive.

I used to cap back in Cata when I was total shit at the game(still am at PVP, honestly), I'd just go in there and hit buttons. I also didn't know anyone who was decent at the game during that time.

If you play more than one hour per week there isn't a valid excuse why you can't conquest cap.

I understand completely why someone would boot, because they're extremely lazy and won't even spend an hour doing arenas. They also don't care about ruining BGs for people, that to me, isn't a valid excuse.

Bizazedo

If you play more than one hour per week there isn't a valid excuse why you can't conquest cap.

So, only one or two hours a week, no PvE, no dailies, nothing, just PvP?

See where your argument breaks yet and why I mentioned all of those other things and then the 7000+ conquest points?

(And since people don't read, once again, I am AGAINST botting, but not due to the time issue. More to the "cheating" aspect).

Einchy

So, only one or two hours a week, no PvE, no dailies, nothing, just PvP?

See where your argument breaks yet and why I mentioned all of those other things and then the 7000+ conquest points?

(And since people don't read, once again, I am AGAINST botting, but not due to the time issue. More to the "cheating" aspect).

You can't fit any of those if you just have 2 hours per week to play. Seriously, if you have only 2 hours per week to play, then you've picked the wrong game and it's probably time to call it quits. It's insane for anyone to expect to get the best gear in either PVP or PVE when they can't even play the game. At that point, why boot? You can't even play the game to use the gear you got from booting.

It's only 1800 conquest points, by the way.

I can read but you're playing devil's advocate here. Am I not allowed to reply back?

If you're going to try and make the argument that it takes a lot of time to cap your conquest then I think I'm allowed to tell you that you're wrong. I wish everything took that little amount of time, I'd have everything in the game by now.

Bizazedo

You can't fit any of those if you just have 2 hours per week to play. Seriously, if you have only 2 hours per week to play, then you've picked the wrong game and it's probably time to call it quits. It's insane for anyone to expect to get the best gear in either PVP or PVE when they can't even play the game. At that point, why boot? You can't even play the game to use the gear you got from booting.

It's only 1800 conquest points, by the way.

I can read but you're playing devil's advocate here. Am I not allowed to reply back?

If you're going to try and make the argument that it takes a lot of time to cap your conquest then I think I'm allowed to tell you that you're wrong. I wish everything took that little amount of time, I'd have everything in the game by now.

No, it's not just 1800. I haven't looked at the one handers, but for the two handers it's 3500 AND having to have earned over 7000 conquest for that season, plus another 3500 for the upgraded (what is it, 483? Honestly don't remember) rating required weapon.

If the one handers don't have the season requirement, that's amusing, but for two handers it's not just what the cost is (3500).

And I'm not saying anything you're adding on later is wrong, it's your (and SuperAndroid17's) initial commentthat it's not an excuse. Taken in a vacuum, sure, the argument holds little weight, but with everything else added on, the initial assertion "I can see why they'd bot" makes more sense.

You and he are taking the one specific situation (gaining Conquest points) and ignoring the scenario the original statement existed in (Conquest PLUS Dailies PLUS farming PLUS PvE raids etc).

If you take it altogether, and see that one of those you can bot (PvP), I can see why people who don't think it's cheating do it.

(Again, I am overall in agreement with you that botting is evil, though. I can just see why they'd do it).

Einchy

"I capped VP last night and started to check out Conquest prices for items"

Isn't the same as

"(Conquest PLUS Dailies PLUS farming PLUS PvE raids etc)."

The first comment was just talking about PVP which is what I'm replying to and not the comment that someone doesn't have enough time to cap in conquest because they need to do dailies, farm and do PVE raids because that wasn't in the comment I replied to.

And anyway, if you have enough time to do the above, then you have enough time to cap your conquest. I sometimes cap my conquest in 2 days as I'm waiting for our weekly raids to start. Friend of mine do about 10 or so which takes no time what-so-ever then the next day we do the rest. Hell, you could cap your conquest while farming as well or while you do your dailies. It really takes the least amount of time of any of the other things people do in this game.

Bizazedo

"I capped VP last night and started to check out Conquest prices for items"

Isn't the same as

"(Conquest PLUS Dailies PLUS farming PLUS PvE raids etc)."

The first comment was just talking about PVP which is what I'm replying to and not the comment that someone doesn't have enough time to cap in conquest because they need to do dailies, farm and do PVE raids because that wasn't in the comment I replied to.

And anyway, if you have enough time to do the above, then you have enough time to cap your conquest. I sometimes cap my conquest in 2 days as I'm waiting for our weekly raids to start. Friend of mine do about 10 or so which takes no time what-so-ever then the next day we do the rest. Hell, you could cap your conquest while farming as well or while you do your dailies. It really takes the least amount of time of any of the other things people do in this game.

Except that I don't bot, don't use them, will never, and we were talking about those people, not me.

C'mon, man :p. We weren't talking about me, we were talking about people who actually bot. And when you lock two handed weapons behind a minimum of four weeks of capping Conquest points (At work, so haven't checked one handers, but if I'm right that's a minimum of three weeks) in a gametype that's bot-able....

In an overall game that jacked the number of dailies through the roof and added multiple rep grinds with more to come....

You seriously can't see why people would use that as an excuse to bot? That's all I'm talking about, not whether it's right, but whether due to how everything is set up and works together, it's a natural outcome for a subset of players. Inevitable, even.

It's not about me or what I have the time for. I have way too much time and can cap them if I need or want to.

Einchy

I was using the royal 'you', saying 'why one would cap' sounds douchey.

And no, I can see why someone would bot and that's because they're lazy. Like I've said, capping conquest points is really easy and barely takes any time. So the only reason they don't want to do that is because they are lazy.

Now, if you were talking about Valor, I could see that. Those take a long ass time and require a lot of work. Conquest, though, that's free points. They might as well just mail them to you, would probably take more effort to fly to a mailbox.

Bizazedo

I was using the royal 'you', saying 'why one would cap' sounds douchey.

And no, I can see why someone would bot and that's because they're lazy. Like I've said, capping conquest points is really easy and barely takes any time. So the only reason they don't want to do that is because they are lazy.

Now, if you were talking about Valor, I could see that. Those take a long ass time and require a lot of work. Conquest, though, that's free points. They might as well just mail them to you, would probably take more effort to fly to a mailbox.

Except that's not true even about Conquest, either, and it's where you're taking your own experiences and projecting. What class do you play as?
Please say Paladin / DK so I can snicker. Or better yet, Hunter.

I'll embarrass myself to provide the counterpoint.

I am on a crappy, low population PvE server because for some godforsaken reason playing with a few real life friends is important to me. I know, foolish and dangerous to my progression prospects haha..

A friend and I actually did decide to start Arena'ng. It wasn't even for the CQ since I've moved past my needing to PvP, it was for fun.

Our first foray we went 3 and 12 :). Capping based off that kind of record is not going to be quick and easy and that's ignoring the bruised ego. I blame him playing a Priest, but the point is it wasn't quick and easy.

Now, compare that to going to bed and flicking a switch. Which is easier again?

I'm going to keep going because I just love PvP and I hope we get better, but that's neither here or there...it's just a counterpoint to your "What, just play 10 matches, roflcopter".

And that assumes you can even get an Arena partner, I was shocked and appalled at the amount of anti-Arena venom on my shit, backwater server. PvE, makes sense I suppose, but it's not so easy as just grabbing a buddy sometimes.

IN THE END, yes, they're lazy. People work for PvE, they should work for PvP. Kill all botters, ra-ra. But, man, get out of "Well, everyone must share my situation, SO I SHALL JUDGE THEM BASED ON SUCH!"

They don't. And that's why they bot.

[edit]Ugh...actually, don't reply to this, lets talk about something else in this thread.Topic is dead and it doesn't matter.

Anyone who finished Terrace, what did you think?!

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
There are specific areas where the wind will blow it out, and you can find a path that avoids all those areas. But I was only able to cross the bridge with the help of a warlock's portal.

ok... so basically the first two legs (I think two) are completely under your control. First one is just avoid. Second one is wait for the tornado on the path to come down, follow it back up and avoid the one going side to side in the middle.

The third leg is the obnoxious one and partly RNG. Essentially there has to be a difference in their timing so you can follow the middle up, then move from the middle to a side (I go right) and drop from the bridge onto the landing (don't go to the end of the bridge or it will get blown out). Once you go off the side of the bridge, there should be plenty of room to jump the chain barrier and at that point it's easy.

The bridge is the only troublesome part... If you have all three tornadoes going at the same or similar times, there's nothing you can do. "die" and just start over and don't get screwed by RNG that time. FWIW, I waited like 3-4 minutes and the tornadoes never became out of sync. So it does seem to be "screwed by RNG"

strafer

wow8bbk9w.gif

Bizazedo

I'm so awesome at PVP at I don't even need to get to rank 1550.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/velen/Einchy/achievement#95:165:a399

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/velen

And my server is so awesome we just need 10 guilds who were able to kill Elegon on normal.

Yeah, I want that Starshatter. Sigh, off-spec.

Only 5 matches this season? C'mon, dude, the gear is so goo...

Okay, maybe it's not good / worth the time investment :).

2 months in, still haven't seen him. :(

This is like the only reason I'm happy I'm on a low pop server.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
really? I see him all the time. Yup. On my server I've seen him like 4 times now in the past 2-3 weeks...

/who 90

showing 21 players............

days later he respawns!!!!!

/who 90

showing 32 players............

granted that's all off peak, and it's a low pop server (which I despise, but it's where my friends are)

he was up for an entire morning at one point (at least a couple of hours) He's basically there until alliance get together 30+ players and take him down. Pretty sure horde will never get him down as he doesn't spawn during prime time and outside of peak there are never 30+ horde on....

god I hate my server.

Einchy

Yeah, I want that Starshatter. Sigh, off-spec.

Only 5 matches this season? C'mon, dude, the gear is so goo...

Okay, maybe it's not good / worth the time investment :).

Once we start seeing decent teams, we disband the team and make a new one. We want our conquest caps to take an hour and not an hour and ten minutes.

Einchy

We single-handedly destroyed the 1000-1300 brackets. As you know, this is the most hardcore and important brackets in the game.

We're worse than booters and win-traders combined. I'm sure you can understand us, though, since it takes soooo long to cap.

Bizazedo

We single-handedly destroyed the 1000-1300 brackets. As you know, this is the most hardcore and important brackets in the game.

We're worse than booters and win-traders combined. I'm sure you can understand us, though, since it takes soooo long to cap.

I'm just amused you single handedly destroyed your own argument is all.

SYSTEM IS FINE.

/abuses system despite it being fine.

It doesn't matter, it's only PvP and it's definitely a step (or three) above botting (you are playing, after all), it's just funny as hell.

Einchy

We actually started doing that this week, before that we had a team with 60 something games played on it. The sole reason we do it? Because it takes a match or two less to cap.

The system is fine, it takes no effort to cap. I'm sorry that it takes you 20 matches to win 3, that's not the system's fault, that's your own. We see so many horrible teams in there, if you can't beat those, then I don't know what you are doing. I honestly don't.

This is what the TheYanger must feel like. I finally understand him.

Bizazedo

We actually started doing that this week, before that we had a team with 60 something games played on it. The sole reason we do it? Because it takes a match or two less to cap.

The system is fine, it takes no effort to cap. I'm sorry that it takes you 20 matches to win 3, that's not the system's fault, that's your own. We see so many horrible teams in there, if you can't beat those, then I don't know what you are doing. I honestly don't.

This is what the TheYanger must feel like. I finally understand him.

Uh huh. Sure. That's totally the reason. Yup.

[productive edit]

The reason you're mauling people is you're running Paladin / Warrior. It's a smart combo, especially with how powerful Warriors are in two's right now.

Einchy

Uh huh. Sure. That's totally the reason. Yup.

[productive edit]

The reason you're mauling people is you're running Paladin / Warrior. It's a smart combo, especially with how powerful Warriors are in two's right now.

Then what's the reason? Really understated in hearing why.

And if by "mauling" you mean winning half of the matches, then yeah, we're totally mauling! WE'RE SO GOOD RIGHT NOW!

That Pally is the same person that I've done arenas with in Cata, back when Warriors were shit and we were still capping without putting in much time into it.

It's not really a "smart convo" it's just the only convo we have. If he was still playing his Warlock, we'd be doing Warlock + Warrior. We seriously put the least amount of work into doing arenas it's crazy. I haven't even enchanted and reforged my PVP gear. I did put some of those crappy greens gems on it, though.

If you can put the same effort as us (none) into doing arenas, then you should be able to as well.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/velen/Hubbabubbles/feed

"Obtained Dreadful Gladiator's Medallion of Tenacity. 2 Days ago"

You know what he was using before? A 390 trinket.

Again, no effort.

Bizazedo

It's funny because you're so blinded to the very evidence you're providing and murdering your own argument by. In fact, you're even losing sight of the actual argument which was "I can see why people would bot it."

You have a really good combo right now. Paladin is great in 2s, always has been, and Warriors are extremely powerful right now. I will mourn Heroic Throw silencing casters when the patch comes in, but for now they're great.

You have a ready made partner that you've been having for awhile. You're obviously committed to the game and have a 489 epic two handed weapon.

You're saying you have an easy time capping the Conquest points (and I believe you, no sarcasm).

And yet you've decided to abuse the system to make it easier for you.

You then can't believe or don't accept that someone who may have a crappy class for Arena combat, without a partner, who might not have the time to do PvE fully let alone PvP, with not as good gear as you have, may decide to just bot it while he's asleep (and that's a lot, but even people with one or two of those are definitely worse off than you).

lol..

That's all, Einchy, and that's why I said no worries, move on to a different topic. I believe everything you said and don't doubt anything you've said, despite my momentary snickering (and if that got you worked up, I apologize).

And you'll probably reply even if I ask again not to, but I won't reply back to leave this thread be.

Einchy

I will reply back because you keep doing so. Why should I stop when you don't? You can't reply then say, "okay, that's it! Don't reply back". That's not how human communication works.

The reason I have that weapon is because I try in PVE, I don't see how that goes into what I do and what I don't in PVP.

I already told you how I can see why people boot and that's because they're lazy. They're too lazy to do content for gear that's needed to do that content. They're too lazy to do the least time consuming thing in the game. If you can do dailies, then you can do arenas. If you can do normal raids or LFR raids then you can cap ten times over in arenas. It's pure laziness.

So I guess goodbye if you're not going to reply or hello if you do again.

[edit]

You never told me what the hell this meant, by the way.

"Uh huh. Sure. That's totally the reason. Yup."

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone here in an EU guild primarily doing raids, looking for new members (my main class is warrior)? Preferably on a high population server, what type I don't care much about.

The guild's been rather inactive lately, don't know why. I would like to do something more than just LFR and looking for pug groups in trade chat.

Hex

Banned
Ok just starting ...level 6 hunter on RP server...
Trying to pick a profession.
I remember way way back I took tailoring/skinning - tailoring was making bags and whatnot and I think I was a Warlock then. Leatherworking is on my radar for armor purposes or is there a better choice?
Trying to be self sufficient either by making money or equipping myself.
Any advice?

Tamanon

Banned
Ok just starting ...level 6 hunter on RP server...
Trying to pick a profession.
I remember way way back I took tailoring/skinning - tailoring was making bags and whatnot and I think I was a Warlock then. Leatherworking is on my radar for armor purposes or is there a better choice?
Trying to be self sufficient either by making money or equipping myself.
Any advice?

Skinning/Leatherworking is pretty solid for a hunter. Bags are a one-time purchase anyways and low level leather goes for great prices generally.

Enosh

did normal garalon today
holy shit worst god damn fight in this tier so far as a tank imho
just standing there and getting hit by that thingy that barely does any damage, had max blood shield up most of the time...

closest we got him was 28%, some kinks to work out still with the pheromones, will probably go full dps gear next time, need some more dps overall and between my billion CDs I think I am fine in dps gear ^^

Einchy

did normal garalon today
holy shit worst god damn fight in this tier so far as a tank imho
just standing there and getting hit by that thingy that barely does any damage, had max blood shield up most of the time...

closest we got him was 28%, some kinks to work out still with the pheromones, will probably go full dps gear next time, need some more dps overall and between my billion CDs I think I am fine in dps gear ^^

We're doing normal Amber-Shaper right now.

It's the worst fight I've seen this tier. That whole vehicle shit is a horrible mechanic. Whoever brings up the idea of having a vehicle in a boss fight needs to be fired ASAP.

Rokam

New great feature with the anniversary. Made a pandaren character, but decided that I wanted a different race, however I wanted the same name. Problem is the item in the mail and the mail itself won't let you delete the character. So if I want the name I either have to wait for a GM or do the starting zone. Lame as hell.

PatzCU

New great feature with the anniversary. Made a pandaren character, but decided that I wanted a different race, however I wanted the same name. Problem is the item in the mail and the mail itself won't let you delete the character. So if I want the name I either have to wait for a GM or do the starting zone. Lame as hell.

Make new character, send items to new character, delete and rename, send to new, renamed character?

That's hilarious. (I'm sorry it's an unexpected inconvenience, but it's still funny.)

Rokam

That's hilarious. (I'm sorry it's an unexpected inconvenience, but it's still funny.)

Yeah, just said fuck it and made a different guy. I'm having a bad day. Did LFR Wind-Lord "won" boots, but said I already killed him. Which was supposed to be fixed. Guess not, then GM contacted me during Empress and I couldn't respond mid fight. He deleted my ticket and did nothing.

Knch

granted that's all off peak, and it's a low pop server (which I despise, but it's where my friends are)

he was up for an entire morning at one point (at least a couple of hours) He's basically there until alliance get together 30+ players and take him down. Pretty sure horde will never get him down as he doesn't spawn during prime time and outside of peak there are never 30+ horde on....

god I hate my server.

I heard him spawn at 3AM sunday (was camping The Ghostly Pandaren Fisherman, while watching some TV...) There were 4 other people in the zone, 3 in my guild. Took about 10 minutes to get almost all 90s on the server together (37.) Tank insta-died on first pull (no one was frapsing, sorry) bagged him with ease on the second pull.

Left with 56g and change...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Who the fuck is Galleon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom