• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclem

Rösti;44527348 said:
Anyone here in an EU guild primarily doing raids, looking for new members (my main class is warrior)? Preferably on a high population server, what type I don't care much about.

The guild's been rather inactive lately, don't know why. I would like to do something more than just LFR and looking for pug groups in trade chat.

Depends what sort of level of competence you want, but we are :).

I think Aggramar is medium-pop, though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
My heart skipped a beat when Galleon showed up...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh, so you're not a DPS.

Alright, sorry.
Ah, haha no I'm not DPS :3 Sorry!

edit: I do my share of 100k dps for 45 seconds every boss fight as a resto druid though!

Yoshichan

T_T I want to play WoW right now... I think I'll go watch Star Wars: Episode 2 now...

Dammit, after seeing your holiday-ified avatar Yoshi I think I'll have to pull mine out (someone made one for me a year or two back after I was able to identify some obscure TV show or something.)

Was thinking about making a new one sometime as well. I like my avatar, but I've had it for quite some time now. An updated version with a different style, but tribute(s) to this one is probably what I'd go for, rather than something completely different. I've always had the ability to change the colors though, so I may just do that for a bit rather than start fresh.

Yoshichan

Why would you do such a thing?
Self-torture.
Dammit, after seeing your holiday-ified avatar Yoshi I think I'll have to pull mine out .
Shout-outs to Corran from the SC2-threads, for making all of my avatars possible :3 He's a fantastic avatar-maker!

Some examples:

qpDqi.png
<--- I loved it but never used it unfortunately
8V8N3.png
<--- last years Christmas
CSWeB.png
<--- D3 hype
dMLeL.png
<--- D3 hype

mclem

pretty sure bear tanks are just a tiny bit behind pally tanks in popularity... probably about even or a little ahead of DK tanks.

We had our best goes on Elegon with a bear tank!

In part because in the final phase he could pop Heart of the Wild and become a healer for a bit

Slayerx

pretty sure bear tanks are just a tiny bit behind pally tanks in popularity... probably about even or a little ahead of DK tanks.
Nah, I am a bear myself, just being bitter for no reason. :( Started playing as a bear 6 years ago, unaware of the realities of wow, needless to say that my dreams were crushed as soon as I hit about level 50 I think.

Yoshichan

Anyone know an easy way of tracking your trinkets? I want it to be an icon in the middle of my screen. I tried TrinketBar but I've never seen such an incompetent product in my entire life so I'll skip that.

Berordn

Anyone know an easy way of tracking your trinkets? I want it to be an icon in the middle of my screen. I tried TrinketBar but I've never seen such an incompetent product in my entire life so I'll skip that.

Needtoknow, Tellmewhen, Weakauras if you're feeling crafty.

Robin64

They're training us to not rely on them anymore so they can just remove them entirely in a future patch and bring back the GLORY of vanilla WoW.

HOPE YOU ALL GOT YOUR NATURE RESIST GEAR.

Ultratech

They're training us to not rely on them anymore so they can just remove them entirely in a future patch and bring back the GLORY of vanilla WoW.

HOPE YOU ALL GOT YOUR NATURE RESIST GEAR.

Man, I felt bad for Tanks in Vanilla with them having to horde Resist gear.

Had to have Fire Resist for MC, BWL.
Had to have Nature Resist for AQ20/40.
Had to have Frost for Naxx40...

I miss my Nature Resist Aura on my Hunter despite the fact it hardly got used...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Man, I felt bad for Tanks in Vanilla with them having to horde Resist gear.

Had to have Fire Resist for MC, BWL.
Had to have Nature Resist for AQ20/40.
Had to have Frost for Naxx40...

I miss my Nature Resist Aura on my Hunter despite the fact it hardly got used...

Burning Crusade wasn't much better. Nature, Frost and Shadow were all needed. Arcane was optional. I have never been so happy as when they announced we didn't need that shit anymore.

TomServo

Wiped on Elegon LFR because zero people DPS'd adds.

Start explaining the fight, random DPS: "GOGOGOGO we know this!!!"

Floor drops out, same random DPS dies.

Wiped on Elegon LFR because zero people DPS'd adds.

Start explaining the fight, random DPS: "GOGOGOGO we know this!!!"

Floor drops out, same random DPS dies.

I shit you not, we lost about seven people in our LFR Elegon today because they were on the floor when it dropped out. I was astonished.

I'm also convinced that Raid Finder doesn't drop weapons. At this point, I really do believe that I won't get a better weapon than my heroic blue until 5.2. Maybe my guild will actually get past Stone Guard, I dunno. >_<

Westlo

Did Elegon LFR the first time yesterday, kinda knew what to expect by reading this thread, but fuck man, how hard is it to notice everyone else backing away? Anyway 5 more ilevels to go to access the rest of the LFR stuff, hopefully I get it soon.

Rokam

5 pieces of gear this week between HoF and Terrace on my DK. Sadly they were all downgrades, but 2 were set pieces so will downgrade anyways. No weapon still. Fuck you Blizz!

Just kidding I love Blizzard. Starshatter w/o using a token, and then used token on last guy and got trinket. Just need 2 sigils and I never have to go back!

Rokam

So I wonder if Tsulong will end up getting nerfed in LFR. I could see them extending the berserk timer to 3 cycles. Did it in a guild group and then in a pug; difference was night and day. Pun very much intended.

Berordn

So I wonder if Tsulong will end up getting nerfed in LFR. I could see them extending the berserk timer to 3 cycles. Did it in a guild group and then in a pug; difference was night and day. Pun very much intended.

The group I did him with in LFR hit the berserk timer exactly. Seems like it'd be a fun fight on normal though.

Westlo

For RAF, being able to grant levels you just have to ding together yeah? So say I hit 60 and want to do ramparts on both those 2 characters (just zone in and hand quests in after) that's fine as long as I don't ding during that run?

Tarazet

For RAF, being able to grant levels you just have to ding together yeah? So say I hit 60 and want to do ramparts on both those 2 characters (just zone in and hand quests in after) that's fine as long as I don't ding during that run?

I don't even think you have to ding together. If the referred account gains a level, it will be able to grant one, with some limitations.

Tarazet

I shit you not, we lost about seven people in our LFR Elegon today because they were on the floor when it dropped out. I was astonished.

I'm also convinced that Raid Finder doesn't drop weapons. At this point, I really do believe that I won't get a better weapon than my heroic blue until 5.2. Maybe my guild will actually get past Stone Guard, I dunno. >_<

In my first go healing LFR Elegon today, no deaths to the floor boss (one DPS lost to a badly placed Warlock portal), and we got through four waves of energy balls in one go. I was actually quite impressed.

I'm not really accustomed to healing yet, and it took me some time to realize that I shouldn't try to both support the tanks and use AE heals on the raid, the way I do in 5-man dungeons. I was running myself out of mana needlessly trying to react to every bar that was going down. At some point I decided, fuck it, I'm going to just raid heal. I settled into a pattern of Rejuv on the tank, Swiftmend on cooldown for the Harmony buff, Wild Growth on cooldown, mushrooms on cooldown on the melee/tank pile. My numbers shot up dramatically doing this, I was overhealing less, and I had plenty of mana left when many of the Priest and Paladin healers were struggling.

Yoshichan

Love my priest so much. After being a troll for so long, it feels amazing to look good for once :_:

CilsV.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom