• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Love my priest so much. After being a troll for so long, it feels amazing to look good for once :_:

CilsV.jpg

That's the lame version of the bear.

I do like the look of Dreadmist though.

On a Pandaren related note, I find it funny that this race too suffers from the no-boots syndrome that Trolls have.

lordmrw

Looks like my luck with raid drops is finally turning. Got my tier 14 chest piece off Grand Empress Monday night, won my tier gloves off Sha yesterday, and finally got the dagger off the Stone Guard, which made me realize this is the first dagger drop I've gotten this expansion. Thank god I'm not an assassin rogue.

Enosh

buys valor gloves last week
gets lfr tier token this week

-.-

not sure if upgrade, I loose like 1.4k hp, some armor, some 2% mastery but gain the 2 piece set bonus (20s lower CD on vampire blood) which is probably worth it
kinda disappointed with sha of fear lfr, just stand there and nuke until it teleports you away then nuke there, teleport back and stand and nuke some more
I guess dps has something more to do with the adds and stuff

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
As Terrace of Endless Spring LFR opened today (for EU anyway), I decided to do some exploration there. I didn't roam around too much, so I can't tell all mysteries that may be hidden there, but I found one interesting spot east of the "boss hub":

terrace_1pmdzt.png

A shot of some grass and an odd looking hill.

terrace_2jqe5j.png

Some building I didn't reach.

terrace_335dxb.png

It appears to be some kind of transparent disc, floating in mid-air, giving off a cloud/smoke effect.

terrace_4dbd2w.png

One of two or three different lightning effects in this area. I don't know if they are triggered by the nearby disc, but they could be.
Here's what I did to escape the "boss hub":

1. In one way or another, bypass Protectors of the Endless. I used Heroic Leap to go through the knock back effect triggered by the "swirl" surrounding the protectors. The nearby sha are not to worry about, you won't aggro them if you go center.

2. Once you have come to the first bridge, dive into the water and start swimming towards the northern platform (where you sometimes engage a mob in the fight with Sha of Fear).

3. There is a brown ledge surrounding the platform. Jump onto that and continue until you come to a rock formation. Walk right until you come to an invisible wall. Now, use some kind of utility ability (Blink, Heroic Leap etc.) to bypass the invisible wall and travel to the nearby grass field. Now you are free to explore the entire instance. Slow fall and basic knowledge of current wall jumping techniques are recommended.

Neki

buys valor gloves last week
gets lfr tier token this week

-.-

not sure if upgrade, I loose like 1.4k hp, some armor, some 2% mastery but gain the 2 piece set bonus (20s lower CD on vampire blood) which is probably worth it
kinda disappointed with sha of fear lfr, just stand there and nuke until it teleports you away then nuke there, teleport back and stand and nuke some more

well it's lfr, what do you expect

challenging game mechanics?

LOL.

Berordn

Sha of Fear's just kind of a boring fight in general. Normal isn't much different, except that Sha Breath will kill you, and the archers hit harder.

I sure wish they would have added crafting recipies so I could at least have myself a fucking decent weapon MADE.

(Yes, no weapon drop in Terrace LFR for me either)

This is me frowning. :(

Did 60-70 on my Rogue today. Definitely the highest level Rogue I've had (I can do Ravenholdt rep! Or not...) Dungeon DPS is tons better after getting Fan of Knives. Not having any AoE before that sucked pretty hard.

Gonna let him chill now for awhile though. Northrend isn't as quick and the rested XP helps a lot more than it does in Outland. I also don't like the dungeons as much.

Tarazet

I've stopped running raids as a Feral. With 476 gear in every slot, the impetus just isn't there to try for gear that is sidegradish at best. Started healing instead.. in the past two days got a PVP cloak, 483 helm and chest. My luck with drops has just been nuts.

Meatfist

well our group still wiped

holly pally + priest + shaman not enough to keep everyone alive

have the tanks go DPS spec, cause you'll be very close to enrage. Put the hpal on the tanks and have him beacon the kiter, while the priest/shaman/ranged DPS chill in the center.

It's just a matter of transferring pheromones correctly as well as staying in healing range. You'll get it!

sazzy

I've had to take a break for about a month.

Can't wait to start playing again! Haven't even gotten to the very first LFR yet :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I've had to take a break for about a month.

Can't wait to start playing again! Haven't even gotten to the very first LFR yet :(
Welcome back :D You were on EU right?

Neki

have the tanks go DPS spec, cause you'll be very close to enrage. Put the hpal on the tanks and have him beacon the kiter, while the priest/shaman/ranged DPS chill in the center.

It's just a matter of transferring pheromones correctly as well as staying in healing range. You'll get it!

meh, guild exploded after we couldn't down it

in a new 25 man guild now that is 4/6 hof, yay.

someone on mal'ganis wanna give me 600 gold so I can buy the cenarion exp exalted mount? :D

edit: nvm, my alt had 1000 gold lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
LFR loot went disappointing this week. Four pieces.
Terrace of endless spring gave me no loot, and i used a token.
What the fuck?

Yoshichan

Lol i thought it was a shitty drop. I'm new with raids.
I wanted the entire Monk tank gear and the staff dropped by Tsulong :p
I'm lucky to get one piece from one whole week of LFR. We're talking 6 (MSV) + 6 (HoF) + 4 (ToES) = 16 bosses.

mclem

I've had three pieces from LFR/Sha since MoP began.

(Although I can't complain too much, since the coin I spent on normal Spirit Kings yesterday got me the shield!)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Those "3 gold coins per week" sucks terribly too. I think they gave me items only once(or twice), and i've been using them all the time.

I don't need those 28 golds, give me a free lvl up for a random pet or something, then i'll appreciate it.

I joked yesterday in my Garalon LFR that I would ban myself from the game if we killed it without any wipe.

Well, we did wipe because a mage decided to be AFK in the middle of the room while Garalon was flying toward us, and proceeding to lock 80% of the raid group outside. And we did beat Garalon after this.

Thank you dumb AFK mage for stopping me from banning myself.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I finally got my ilvl high enough to do LFR on my Monk last night. Tanked the first half, got leggings off Stone Guard. DPS'd Elegon, was somehow 9th in DPS despite having never DPS'd a dungeon before and not being glyphed, not 100% sure of the rotation, etc. :|

We wiped twice on WOTE because the tanks were dumbfucks. :(

Ultratech

I'm lucky to get one piece from one whole week of LFR. We're talking 6 (MSV) + 6 (HoF) + 4 (ToES) = 16 bosses.

Yeah, I did the 2nd half of HoF and ToES last night and got nothing but gold last night. :(
Even used a Coin on water boss in ToES in an attempt to get the gun. No luck. :(

Anywho, my thoughts on ToES LFR:

Protectors: Not a hard fight. Killed them one at a time. Basically, just focus them down, kill Orb if it appears, and move out of the storm.

Tsulong: No joke, this fight confused me at first with the different phases. The Night phase is basically just DPS while staying out of shit and moving into the light every once in a while. The Day phase is kinda like the Dreamwalker fight in ICC, where you have to heal the boss. Very important to spread out and have people kill the small adds that spawn, or they'll hit the boss for major damage. (Tank should grab big add and put it in front of boss.) Took us a few attempts for people to figure out what to do.

Lei Shi: Not technically a hard fight, but my group had a little trouble with it, as we ran into the enrage timer the first time around.
Kill only ONE guardian when they pop up, and AoE around if she Hides. If you pay attention, it's really not hard.

Sha of Fear: Pretty simple surprisingly. Tank stands in the middle to activate the wall, and you just pew pew pew mostly. Some adds pop up, but you'll have to attack 'em from behind. Sometimes you'll get teleported to a pagoda to fight a Crossbowman, and you'll have to kill him. They can hit kinda hard...but you can interrupt one attack, and hide behind pillars for Death Blossom. Grab orbs to keep 'em from restoring health. Kill 'em and you'll get a nice little buff. Other than that, really easy for the most part. Just make sure you're behind the wall to not get hit by Breath of Fear.

Heroic Sha of Fear sounds pretty interesting, as it becomes a slightly different fight at 50%. (Plus, you get a nice little buff should you wipe on Phase 2, making Phase 1 easier to burn through.)

Tarazet

I had awesome luck with drops, and it took me 6 weeks to get 476 epic gear in every slot. That was with 2 crafted pieces and capped valor every single week.

Sciz

I finally got my ilvl high enough to do LFR on my Monk last night. Tanked the first half, got leggings off Stone Guard. DPS'd Elegon, was somehow 9th in DPS despite having never DPS'd a dungeon before and not being glyphed, not 100% sure of the rotation, etc. :|

We wiped twice on WOTE because the tanks were dumbfucks. :(

Windwalker's pretty hard to seriously screw up. As long as you're hitting RSK more or less on cooldown and not wasting much energy or chi, you'll do alright no matter what you hit. Tons of fun, though, I've really been enjoying raiding Brewmaster/Windwalker.

Tarazet

I've found it hard to commit to any alt, because the Druid is just so good. I have a level 85 Paladin, a level 86 Death Knight, and a level 82 Priest all just gathering dust. And Druid tanks are getting a physical damage reduction buff in 5.1, so they're only getting better.

Bisnic

I've found it hard to commit to any alt, because the Druid is just so good. I have a level 85 Paladin, a level 86 Death Knight, and a level 82 Priest all just gathering dust. And Druid tanks are getting a physical damage reduction buff in 5.1, so they're only getting better.

Probably better that way for you, you wouldn't be able to gear your alts with Valor gear without needing to farm a bunch of Golden Lotus, Klaxxi, Shado Pan and August Celestial dailies. Ugh.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Same here. I have my warrior at lvl 90 and some alts between level 6-19. But the early quest lines do not interest me, and to have to do all those daily quests again seems horribly boring.

Tarazet

Probably better that way for you, you wouldn't be able to gear your alts with Valor gear without needing to farm a bunch of Golden Lotus, Klaxxi, Shado Pan and August Celestial dailies. Ugh.

I'm done with all of that on my main though, and 5.1 isn't for a while.

Bisnic

I'm done with all of that on my main though, and 5.1 isn't for a while.

So am I, and having to do these again on my Paladin alt sucks. I don't even bother to do them everyday. At least i can stop once i will hit Revered.

My warrior alt though... might stay in 463 blues forever. Even with 5.1 rep buffs, i won't do that dailies grind a 3rd time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom