• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dinged 90 on my warrior finally.

It's kinda anti-climactic though since I'm not gonna do daily grinds with him (except cloud serpents I guess for the JC mount recipes). All I can really do on him is fly around and mine. Too tedious to do anything else at least until 5.1, and even then...

Ultratech

So am I, and having to do these again on my Paladin alt sucks. I don't even bother to do them everyday. At least i can stop once i will hit Revered.

My warrior alt though... might stay in 463 blues forever. Even with 5.1 rep buffs, i won't do that dailies grind a 3rd time.

Yeah, I've been playing my DK alt lately. Funny enough, he's now as geared as my Hunter.

Almost got a full set of Heroic Tank gear on him to boot. (I roll Frost/Blood; both specs are pretty evenly geared.)

I haven't been doing dailies on anything though. Don't feel like it, so I've just been leveling my other alts.

Rokam

I think I saw a wild Yoshican. A monk on the Wandering Isle with Yoshi in his name. Couldn't capture him though, he fled!

Enosh

three 1% wipes on garalon in a row
/slit wrist

fucker is going down on sunday!
on the plus side, first 2 went down quite easy

Berordn

I've found it hard to commit to any alt, because the Druid is just so good. I have a level 85 Paladin, a level 86 Death Knight, and a level 82 Priest all just gathering dust. And Druid tanks are getting a physical damage reduction buff in 5.1, so they're only getting better.

When I had to switch which character I raided on this was basically how I felt. Feral was making things melt at the sight of cat form and I was basically unstoppable. Switching to the mage killed my drive to do much of anything, now that I know the full extent that the dailies go.

But then zero cloth gear dropped so now I'm back on the daily wagon.

Hex

Banned
Noob question, if my GF makes a troll how early could I group up and find her if I made another race...maybe forsaken?

Rokam

I could be wrong but I don't think you can do other races starting areas anymore, or at least all the quests. So level 5 or 6.

Tarazet

Noob question, if my GF makes a troll how early could I group up and find her if I made another race...maybe forsaken?

I actually did exactly this with my partner today (RAF). I rolled a Troll Shaman, he rolled an Undead Monk. First he summoned me to his starting area. We killed mobs and rares until we were both level 15, then queued for dungeons as tank and healer. Once he was able to do his quest for extra XP, he started granting my Shaman the extra levels he was getting at the end of every dungeon. We did this for about 3 hours and ended up at level 43.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I think I saw a wild Yoshican. A monk on the Wandering Isle with Yoshi in his name. Couldn't capture him though, he fled!
:lol All these damn dinosaurs roaming around the world, trying to be me!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Look who I just found :3 (some people will know exactly what I mean)

LEvhn.jpg

Yoshichan

We just killed LK in the Halls of Reflection (the part where he follows us) :lol

Yoshichan

did he drop invisible reins?

thank you, thank you, I am here all night
I must be tired, I laughed :lol

neoemonk

I don't have an active WoW sub, nor have I purchased Mists of Pandaria. I'm tempted to right now though. Amazon is doing a lightning deal on the Collector's Edition. It's $40 for the next few hours. The soundtrack and art book are what's really tempting me right now. I don't even know if I'd play but I think that stuff is really cool.

Number45

Does anyone have recommendation for a Mac compatible wireless mouse that will work properly with WoW ideally without the need for any extra software/drivers? I don't want too many buttons (the usual three and a couple of thumb buttons will be more than enough), and ideally I don't want it to cost TOO much.

The Razer Ouroburos and Mamba are both ~£100. :/

I'm going to have to go wired if I want to keep the cost sensible aren't I? :(

Raiden

Banned
Havent played this game since Cataclysm, how are things these days?

Also i wonder, is this game slowly dying or is it still fully in motion?

Hex

Banned
I just started playing a few days ago, but on the server that I picked I see people all over the noob areas that I have been too and Darnassus has people all around.
I would assume if those areas still have people the rest have to be doing ok.

I just started playing a few days ago, but on the server that I picked I see people all over the noob areas that I have been too and Darnassus has people all around.

They have Cross Realm Zones now for the 1-85 experience to make it seem like the areas are full even if the server itself is dead.

Berordn

People leveling monks and Pandaren also helped put some more people back into the world, so leveling alts isn't quite the solo experience it had been for a while.

Berordn

Rösti;44672342 said:
Today I got Chest of the Shadowy Protector and Leggings of the Shadowy Protector in one run, as well as some Sigils of Wisdom.

I'm not that interested in the Warrior T14 DPS 2P Bonus though. Not that it's bad or anything, but quite boring:

All of T14's set bonuses are boring. The initial tier of every expansion always has very basic bonuses to compensate for people not having mastered new mechanics yet. The more interesting stuff comes later.

Yoshichan

Mylune is crazy/funny? Or something else?

Blizzcon (2011) thread :3 Crazy (and creepy) stuff happened, involving a Mylune-cosplayer! The gifs in the thread isn't working at the moment though :(

J-Roderton

I feel like breaking out my hunter from a three month retirement for Christmas break from school. I'm thinking about grabbing the new expansion. Worth it?

J-Roderton

List the reasons you retired and I'll tell you if they've been fixed.

PvP was kind of a pain in the ass, and that was pretty much all I wanted to play. Didn't really enjoy dungeons that much. Never been in a real raid.

I made it to 85 and everything, just never really got any good gear. PvE or PvP.

Aside from PvP, I pretty much just like chilling and exploring around the world. I'm sure there are plenty of new places, eh?

PvP was kind of a pain in the ass, and that was pretty much all I wanted to play. Didn't really enjoy dungeons that much. Never been in a real raid.

I made it to 85 and everything, just never really got any good gear. PvE or PvP.

Aside from PvP, I pretty much just like chilling and exploring around the world. I'm sure there are plenty of new places, eh?

You're really going to love Valley of the four winds then , that place is like Nagrand's brother.

Tarazet

Hit level 70 on my Shaman at 10 hours played. My Monk RAF partner was literally granting me one extra level for every two I gained, and we both have all the heirlooms on (though mine are cloth, because fuck getting heirlooms for only one character).

I've played every healing class so far save for MW Monk, and I think the Shaman is my favorite. I'm glad I gave it a try.. I did it just so the two of us could get good queue times, but I like being able to look for hidden opportunities to help out as well. The fact that it has abilities like a ranged interrupt, AE snare immunity, an offensive dispel, and a spell reflect is really cool. It's a pleasant novelty after playing a Druid for so long to be able to help the raid in ways beyond just providing a stat buff and making bars go right or left.

Yoshichan

Patch 5.1 - Pet Battle Updates

Patch 5.1 adds several new battle pets to the game, and people have been hunting them down on the PTR to provide locations for you on WoWDB!

Several of the pets drop from old world bosses in Molten Core, Blackwing Lair, Ahn'Qiraj, and Naxxramas. The others come from Achievements, the Blizzard Store, Tailoring, Quests, the Darkmoon Faire, or the Brawler's Guild.

New battle stones have been added to allow you to upgrade pets. It will cost you 1000 Justice points or a rare drop after a battle with a wild pet to upgrade to uncommon. Rare stones can also be obtained as a rare drop after defeating a wild pet, or from the Sack of Pet Supplies that are rewarded by Pet Battle quests.

The Pet Journal also has several updates, with better filtering, searching, and the rarity of each pet being shown without any addons. There are several other smaller changes being made, such as an increase to a cap of 650 pets or pet quality being displayed in battles. Read the full notes to see the full list of changes and check out the screenshots below for the UI improvements!

No point in asking if there's a GAF server, is there? Haha

Recently double dipped (more like my 8th account over the years now) and am starting fresh until my free month is up. Then, I'll decide if I wanna stay subbed.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So... finally hit exalted with all Pandaren factions. And you get the Kite mount when you do. Nice!

So... finally hit exalted with all Pandaren factions. And you get the Kite mount when you do. Nice!

My brain crumbles thinking about that right now. I've only done Tillers, Cloud, and Lorewalkers. Got Klaxxi to revered and burned out.

Still managed to get Master of the Ways though. >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom