• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Paragon got world first Sha and Method got world first 25-man Sha.

tumblr_m3rv2eb1bS1rpwcdko1_1280.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fuck, woke up from a really good dream. 5.1 was released :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow, I can't believe I finally got it. Every day Mal'Ganis have been able to do the Chi Ji dailies, I've done them... and it took me this long to get it.

God damn.

X3gQ6.png

mclem

I think Guildomatic might finally have keeled over completely. I'd already been thinking about exit strategies because the service has been running on fumed for over a year now.

Who else is worth looking at in the field of hosting sites?

Robin64

Wow, I can't believe I finally got it. Every day Mal'Ganis have been able to do the Chi Ji dailies, I've done them... and it took me this long to get it.

God damn.

X3gQ6.png

This screenshot is the right perspective a new Warcraft and for just a moment there I thought someone had posted a beta Warcraft 4 shot. But alas. :(

Rokam

I really don't get the logic behind putting in pvp power and then not doing honor weapons. Blizzard's pvp department is terrible. Which isn't really new news...

I just put in an order for the CE, even though I already have the game. I just want to keep getting the boxes, and besides I can probably sell the spare code.

I watched the original Behind the Scenes DVD. Quite nice to hear the design choices behind the game and see loads of old maps and concept art. The newer DVD:s haven't been that informative, although I plan to play them again some time soon.

Yoshichan

Boom! Level 90 with my priest :3 Final parts were so slow.

edit: Hey, color me surprised! I didn't get the Dynamic Duo (Reach max level with two different classes)-achievement :). That's the 9th bugged achievement since MoP has been launched. It's really like they don't give a shit anymore, but that's fine, because I'm really having a hard time giving a shit as well since the whole system is flawed.

Boom! Level 90 with my priest :3 Final parts were so slow.

edit: Hey, color me surprised! I didn't get the Dynamic Duo (Reach max level with two different classes)-achievement :). That's the 9th bugged achievement since MoP has been launched. It's really like they don't give a shit anymore, but that's fine, because I'm really having a hard time giving a shit as well since the whole system is flawed.

I got it the other day when I dinged 90 on my Warrior, so I dunno what's going on with your end.

Maybe the game just hates you.

Affinity

So I'm getting an itch to start playing again, anyone want to use a scroll of resurrection on me? I'm not in any rush.. classes dont end until December 11th. Send me a PM and I'll give you my battle.net id.

(I hope this isnt against any rules. Haven't been to neogaf in a while)

Kenai

I feel like the existence of Garrosh suddenly matters to me for once (in a positive way) because his theme music is pretty awesome. Heroic Theme B is my favorite so far.

So I'm getting an itch to start playing again, anyone want to use a scroll of resurrection on me? I'm not in any rush.. classes dont end until December 11th. Send me a PM and I'll give you my battle.net id.

(I hope this isnt against any rules. Haven't been to neogaf in a while)

Sending a PM. it shouldn't be, many people have asked in the past.

Complaining to a friend tonight about a pet I couldn't get led to an invitation to make an alt in their guild (one of the guild rewards). I feel like I'm about to cheat on my guild. *chuckles* Mostly because things have been kinda rocky lately anyways and if the other guild comes onto me, I may stick around. We'll see I guess. :/

Complaining to a friend tonight about a pet I couldn't get led to an invitation to make an alt in their guild (one of the guild rewards). I feel like I'm about to cheat on my guild. *chuckles* Mostly because things have been kinda rocky lately anyways and if the other guild comes onto me, I may stick around. We'll see I guess. :/

Having early access to the Thundering Serpent Hatchling (among all the other guild pets/mounts) is one of the perks of being in a top-tier guild, even if I'm not raiding with them. I ended up buying a bunch of stuff like Lil' Tarecgosa when I first joined that I had missed out on in Cata.

(Though I'm not raiding with anyone at the moment outside LFR, and I don't particularly have the time for it right now either, even if I wanted to.)

Yoshichan

Response from GM:

Hi there, Yoshibaka! ^_^

My name is Game Master Tarethla! I got your issue here about the Dynamic Duo achievement. First, I want to apologize for not being able to speak with you directly and for the wait you’ve experienced but I thank you for your patience and understanding.

I've taken a look into this for you, and I want to assure you that you do have the achievement =) Looks like there was just a bit of delay in it triggering, it appears to have actually been awarded once you'd logged out, so you should see it in your achievement list now!

It's my personal goal to ensure that you feel like the valued customer you truly are, so hopefully this info proved helpful to you, my friend. Thank you for taking the time to read my response, Yoshibaka, and again, thank you for your patience with the wait tonight. Take care and be safe in your travels! <3

And he was right :D I got it! Thank you &#9829;

Number45

Does anyone know how long the current promotion on the digital upgrade is due to last? Standard Mists is £16.99 at the moment which is a great deal, but I also have a 10 day trial in my mailbox which I could use before buying if it doesn't run out.

Looking forward to diving back in, haven't played for a year or so.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Possibly. It's been about 2 months since launch, which I was reading somewhere (MMO Champ?) coincides with some in-game cues...
I'm eager to continue the Wrathion quest chain. Well, the reputation grind anyway, I have only 50% of the sigils. And I suppose Dominance Offensive and Operation: Shieldwall will be quite interesting as well, though I would have preferred less daily quests or more reputation rewarded for each quest.

frequency

I started playing this 2 days ago. There was a sale on the game and expansions. $5 for battle chest, $10 for Cataclysm, and $20 for Mists of Pandaria.

I ordered online thinking I would play the Starter Edition (free trial) while I wait for it to ship. That was a mistake. Leveling is incredibly fast. I won't get my shipment until Thursday at the earliest (highly unlikely). It'll probably arrive next week. The trial limits you to level 20. I got level 20 in 2 days.

Having nothing to do, I went to try Deadmines. I was able to solo/duo it with just green quest equipment without any issues. A NeoGAF member I was playing with joined me part way through so maybe there would be issues soloing later, but I was never even close to being in trouble and never had to use any of my emergency buttons. I like that. I hope I can continue to do these solo/mostly solo for most of my leveling. I don't want to use the Dungeon Finder because I think most people playing now are long-time players who already know the dungeons and have much better equipment. It won't be fun for me and it might be annoying for them. So I think I'll just stay out of there.

I'm excited to play more but I hope the leveling slows down a bit. This next week of waiting for my shipment is going to be really hard...

Sarcasm

I started playing this 2 days ago. There was a sale on the game and expansions. $5 for battle chest, $10 for Cataclysm, and $20 for Mists of Pandaria.

I ordered online thinking I would play the Starter Edition (free trial) while I wait for it to ship. That was a mistake. Leveling is incredibly fast. I won't get my shipment until Thursday at the earliest (highly unlikely). It'll probably arrive next week. The trial limits you to level 20. I got level 20 in 2 days.

Having nothing to do, I went to try Deadmines. I was able to solo/duo it with just green quest equipment without any issues. A NeoGAF member I was playing with joined me part way through so maybe there would be issues soloing later, but I was never even close to being in trouble and never had to use any of my emergency buttons. I like that. I hope I can continue to do these solo/mostly solo for most of my leveling. I don't want to use the Dungeon Finder because I think most people playing now are long-time players who already know the dungeons and have much better equipment. It won't be fun for me and it might be annoying for them. So I think I'll just stay out of there.

I'm excited to play more but I hope the leveling slows down a bit. This next week of waiting for my shipment is going to be really hard...

Depends on class. But blizzard really toned down 1-84. Got rid of all elite quests and dungeons tad bit easier. ON top they lowered exp required to lvl. Take it as you will...but great for people who lvl alts I guess.

Bento

Hmm, is there a way to get a MoP trial? Would have been fun to try it out but not sure I'm willing to sink money for expansion + subscription before seeing what's there :(

frequency

Depends on class. But blizzard really toned down 1-84. Got rid of all elite quests and dungeons tad bit easier. ON top they lowered exp required to lvl. Take it as you will...but great for people who lvl alts I guess.

So will it just be really easy up to 84 and then there will be a sudden difficulty spike at 85 content?

Fosh

Neo Member
You should have tried it last month when he just spammed cheat.

I had solo'd it before. Right before MoP I tried to bring my friend in there and 2 man it for his achievement and he was cheating every turn :( We couldnt even make room for the king to move before he was dead from fires.

The next week we tried again and he only cheated maybe 2 or 3 times the whole game.

I wonder whats up with that...

Ultratech

NOOOO! cheating son of bitch, almost beat the chess event.

Chess Event was pretty hard/annoying to solo even before the cheat spam.

You had to be fast and make sure you had good position with certain pieces.

I know it took me a while the first time I attempted it.

So will it just be really easy up to 84 and then there will be a sudden difficulty spike at 85 content?

Basically, you can solo almost every quest and stuff, and you'll almost always outlevel a place you're leveling in up to that point. So you'll probably end up leveling fairly quickly.

Most Dungeon quests tend to give quite a bit of EXP as well.

Once you hit 85, you hit MoP content and leveling slows down a bit.

Robin64

Chess is (and was) easy to solo if you just cheese it. It's been a while since I've done it, so I can't remember the pieces properly, but..

There's a warlock piece that can buff another piece to double their damage. So you get that to buff your king, then just spam their king with your ranged attack. If your buff runs out, just switch to the warlock and rebuff. And that is literally it. Takes no time at all.

Having early access to the Thundering Serpent Hatchling (among all the other guild pets/mounts) is one of the perks of being in a top-tier guild, even if I'm not raiding with them. I ended up buying a bunch of stuff like Lil' Tarecgosa when I first joined that I had missed out on in Cata.

(Though I'm not raiding with anyone at the moment outside LFR, and I don't particularly have the time for it right now either, even if I wanted to.)

Ya know, I hadn't even thought about the mount stuff. That would be a nice perk too.

Anyone have a suggestion as to what Monk spec is the best for leveling? I know they're a dime a dozen but I figured I'd toss my hat that way if I planned on making a Panda anyways.

Tamanon

Banned
Ya know, I hadn't even thought about the mount stuff. That would be a nice perk too.

Anyone have a suggestion as to what Monk spec is the best for leveling? I know they're a dime a dozen but I figured I'd toss my hat that way if I planned on making a Panda anyways.

Brewmaster is pretty great while leveling, but really all three are good. Even Mistweaver can still solo effectively until 80ish.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Chess is (and was) easy to solo if you just cheese it. It's been a while since I've done it, so I can't remember the pieces properly, but..

There's a warlock piece that can buff another piece to double their damage. So you get that to buff your king, then just spam their king with your ranged attack. If your buff runs out, just switch to the warlock and rebuff. And that is literally it. Takes no time at all.

Move the two pawns that are infront of the King and Conjurer up one step, this seems to stop Medivh from cheating completely (YMMV). Then you just control the King for the remainder of the event. I've run Karazhan completely this way solo without fail for weeks, most recently two days ago.

I just got disconnected, and before I relogged I thought I should check on the mage that I have stationed in Felwood. Logged in to see the regular crew of campers... but off to the side a minfernal spawned! I dashed for it and managed to grab it before anyone else. Finally, I can leave that stupid camp spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom