• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marco1

Hello, I have all 5 issues of the WoW official magazine before it was discontinued in perfect condition. What value would they have if I tried to sell them?
Thanks.

Ultratech

Move the two pawns that are infront of the King and Conjurer up one step, this seems to stop Medivh from cheating completely (YMMV). Then you just control the King for the remainder of the event. I've run Karazhan completely this way solo without fail for weeks, most recently two days ago.

I'll have to try some of the stuff mentioned when I start running Kara on my DK.

Would've been nice to have known those tips when running solo on my Hunter.

I just got disconnected, and before I relogged I thought I should check on the mage that I have stationed in Felwood. Logged in to see the regular crew of campers... but off to the side a minfernal spawned! I dashed for it and managed to grab it before anyone else. Finally, I can leave that stupid camp spot.

Nice. I somehow managed to find a Scourged Whelpling the other day. I just got out of a Dungeon and I saw the Pet Icon, so I blasted over there only to see a 78-79 Alli over there. So I ganked him and flew over a ways and actually saw one on my mini-map.

Funny enough, the guy I'd killed was flying over me laughing at me while I was pet battling. Managed to capture it, though it was Poor quality. (I just wanted one for completion's sake.)

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Camped, formed a group and killed Galleon for the second time this week. At least his spawn still seems to rotate around the 3 day mark.

I just got disconnected, and before I relogged I thought I should check on the mage that I have stationed in Felwood. Logged in to see the regular crew of campers... but off to the side a minfernal spawned! I dashed for it and managed to grab it before anyone else. Finally, I can leave that stupid camp spot.

Just started up the pet battles again after stopping to focus on a couple of reps and finishing Pandaria's quests. I don't look forward to camping for this one.

Ultratech

Blizzard confirmed 5.1 tomorrow, yay!

I had figured as much...

Somebody had told me last week it was coming this week, and while I usually call BS on such things, they turned out to be accurate after all.

Oh well, guess I can finally get me one of these guys tomorrow!

file.php

Suddenly patch. Wasn't expecting it for at least another week since there hadn't been too much rumbling on MMO-Champ aside from that whole two months thing (which I figured was more of an estimate rather than an exact date.)

This should be good.

I'm moving this week, so I probably won't really be able to play much if at all (already packed away my monitor which has the resolution all my addons are configured to), but I'm probably most looking forward to raids without having to get in a party and all the annoying steps there. I can go back and do some stuff, especially some easy raid reps I never bothered with, or never finished since it won't be as much of a hassle.

Not really looking forward to more dailies since I haven't finished the old stuff yet, though if the rep change is still in (I can't tell), then it should be fairly easy to wrap up at least a couple of those quickly.

Finaika

Patch is too soon. Blizzard should slow down with the content. I haven't even scratched the surface of Pandaria.

Majority of the players are sick of dailies, and I bet because of this patch lots of people will leave WoW.

Folks have had ample time to get exalted with golden lotus/klaxxi and will get double rep for dailies done at revered from now on. That alone should do plenty to lessen the grind. Except for Nat Pagle. Fuck that guy.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Folks have had ample time to get exalted with golden lotus/klaxxi and will get double rep for dailies done at revered from now on. That alone should do plenty to lessen the grind. Except for Nat Pagle. Fuck that guy.

Eh, even if Nat Pagle at exalted gave something good, i wouldn't bother grinding that. Fuck fishing for a low chance of getting something that gives, what? 200-300 rep?

Eh, even if Nat Pagle at exalted gave something good, i wouldn't bother grinding that. Fuck fishing for a low chance of getting something that gives, what? 200-300 rep?

Yeah, it's gotta be one of the worst rep grinds in the game right now. I would rather do Ravenholdt, or finish up Hydraxian Waterlords (which should be easier now if it's doubled after revered!)

Thankfully it's completely frivolous and the rewards aren't at all necessary.

Berordn

Yeah, it's gotta be one of the worst rep grinds in the game right now. I would rather do Ravenholdt, or finish up Hydraxian Waterlords (which should be easier now if it's doubled after revered!)

Thankfully it's completely frivolous and the rewards aren't at all necessary.

Only certain Pandaria reps get the double bonus, and those have to be triggered with the purchase of a special commendation.

You have gotten your hopes up too soon.

Berordn

All have tabards, most have a few mounts and other items too. Nothing necessary, but something nice.

Golden Lotus and Klaxxi in particular give you 489 neck and rings at their conclusion, respectively. None of the others give gear, though Shado-Pan nets you another cloud serpent.

Damn, 5.1 tomorrow. Wasn't ready for that. Just as I finished all the other dalies, too.

Welp, back to the grind. Guild is currently on Elegon. I was in the group when we downed Gara'jal and Spirit Kings. Still no weapon for me.

Is 5.1 introducing fucking craftable epic wepons? -_-

Rokam

Because LFR is totally a viable way to progress your characters guys! Guys? Where are you going? Guys!

What makes even less sense is no honor weapons or pvp crafted weapons. But but people will feel the need to have to do pvp for pve! You know except that honor gear is lower ilvl, but you know...stuff.

catmincer

Two things.

I got an email from Blizz with $20 MOP upgrade. Before I jump.......

1: Does this include any game time?
2: I haven't played WoW since the beginning of Cataclysm. Are the instances still ridiculously hard?

You can play with your eyes closed now.

It's true. My god, Heroics and Dungeons are easy. And that's how I like them. I don't want to have to be in a top notch group just to get geared to die in raids.

Anyone have a link that I can actually access here at work with information about 5.1? Anything WoW related gets shut down.

Wubby

I finished my collection of all rare (blue) wild pets minus only the Wanderer's Festival Hatchling which is limited to two spawns a week, I have an uncommon (green) version though.

5.1 has to happen this week so the new Darkmoon Festival stuff can begin on Sunday.

Lots of new pets coming in this patch including the old raid boss drops. It's a good thing the pet limit is being upped to 650 as I've been stuck at 500 for a little while now. I'm at 423 unique pets. Going to have to start farming pet upgrade stones so I can upgrade my non-wild pets. Lots to do!

Two things.

I got an email from Blizz with $20 MOP upgrade. Before I jump.......

1: Does this include any game time?
2: I haven't played WoW since the beginning of Cataclysm. Are the instances still ridiculously hard?

1. No, no game time.

2. As mentioned above, the "heroics" in Mists are a snorefest. Only one or two bosses that could/can wipe PUGs, but most everyone should be aware of how they work by now.

Tarazet

Only certain Pandaria reps get the double bonus, and those have to be triggered with the purchase of a special commendation.

You have gotten your hopes up too soon.

Which ones, and how much are the commendations? Working on an 85 Ele Shaman now after doing pretty much everything my Druid can do without raiding.

So somehow I fucking missed that Heart of the Swarm is releasing March 12 (2013). Besides the Baneling pet you get for WoW, the DIII perk is Kerrigan Zergy Blade Wings! There's a digital deluxe version like as well like there was for Mists. I guess that's a new trend (Since there was no such option for DIII, SC2 WoL, or Cata).

Because LFR is totally a viable way to progress your characters guys! Guys? Where are you going? Guys!

I really wanted to believe this.

And then I did RF and got two drops in five weeks. Having been in a 25 man raid guild in Wrath might have spoiled me, but god. I know it's RNG, but it feels like I'm going nowhere.

Knch

1% chance (although, the Mimic Octopus refused to drop in about 200 casts last time... the other two took about 15 minutes) for 550 rep (with the guild perk.) Currently half way through "Pal"

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom