• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krogan

I can't decide which piece to valor upgrade first, since I don't have a sha weapon I'm split between my DMF trinket or my 496 tier pieces.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I can't decide which piece to valor upgrade first, since I don't have a sha weapon I'm split between my DMF trinket or my 496 tier pieces.
Can't go wrong with the tier piece. If you're gonna upgrade your DMF trinket, make sure there's no better trinket from Dominance Offensive first.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Normal and Heroic raid encounters in Mogu’shan Vaults, Heart of Fear, and Terrace of Endless Spring now award 40 Valor, up from 25. This will take effect after the weekly reset
Very nice :)

6 bosses from MsV/HoF = 240 valor (previously 150). That's one less heroic per week, thank God :3
Mogu’shan Vaults
The Spirit Kings now activate in a fixed order.
Hmm, that's an odd change. I wonder what the "fixed" order will be like now.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Very nice :)

6 bosses from MsV/HoF = 240 valor (previously 150). That's one less heroic per week, thank God :3

Hmm, that's an odd change. I wonder what the "fixed" order will be like now.

Qiang -> Sub -> Zian -> Meng

Apparently there was too much bitching because of the way some of the mechanics worked in conjunction with each other. Basically most anytime a raid didn't get Sebutai second, they'd reset the encounter.

Yoshichan

The rng is strong within me this week, it seems...

One more [Sigil of Wisdom] and I've got myself the stupid gem ._.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Finally got the 2 final pieces for my transmog set, looks pretty nice. Too bad T5 has low res textures, but i can deal with it.

27paU.png

Yoshichan

y she mad though? :(

Yoshichan

Who wouldn't want to :3?

Yoshichan

...there's an ass there? Honestly, all I ever see are the widdle tails and I can't take them seriously anymore.
Google "Draenei ass" and turn off safety filter.

Oh, NSFW btw.

Yoshichan

Mmmmm :3

Just need to beat Sha of Fear now to get my legendary gem. Is it enough to kill him in LFR or is Normal Sha required?

Yoshichan

LFR is enough.

Still haven't got my sha weapon though :(
Awesome! Then I'll get my gem today! I was lucky to get my Sha weapon day 1 :lol

Yoshichan

The sound the Cinder Kitten does is worth $10 alone... so cute T_T

Yoshichan

Qiang -> Sub -> Zian -> Meng

Apparently there was too much bitching because of the way some of the mechanics worked in conjunction with each other. Basically most anytime a raid didn't get Sebutai second, they'd reset the encounter.
:( It's Qiang -> Sub -> Meng -> Zian btw >.<

Ultratech

Alright, I'm totally lost here.

I went to attack one of those Rare mobs in Krasarang, and was competing with some other hunter.

I managed to get the first tag on him, and I did pretty consistent damage, but the dude managed to somehow steal the tag from me.

So what exactly am I missing here for him to steal the tag from me?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
This is a FANTASTIC mog. I'm super impressed.

I'd love to get a sleek black leather set for my Monk at some point.

Thanks, it's almost as if that mace and shield were made for that particular set. :p Which I wouldn't be surprised if it was the case.

Hari Seldon

So on a whim I bought Pandera on Black Friday for $15. I decided to hold off installing it out of fear of re-addiction. But then blizzard sent me 10 days free playtime, so I rolled up a monk totally fresh on a new server. Pretty god damn awesome I must say haha. The new leveling zones from the last exp are pretty fun so far. Not sure how much I like monk though, and I definitely do not like the new talent system. I should log on my old rogue to see how it translates to a high level character, but I feel like I'm barely getting anything for leveling atm.

ch0mp

So on a whim I bought Pandera on Black Friday for $15. I decided to hold off installing it out of fear of re-addiction. But then blizzard sent me 10 days free playtime, so I rolled up a monk totally fresh on a new server. Pretty god damn awesome I must say haha. The new leveling zones from the last exp are pretty fun so far. Not sure how much I like monk though, and I definitely do not like the new talent system. I should log on my old rogue to see how it translates to a high level character, but I feel like I'm barely getting anything for leveling atm.
You never got much with the old talent system either though, it was all cookie cutter with 2-3 points left over. Most of your skills just come from levelling now.

Berordn

Thanks, it's almost as if that mace and shield were made for that particular set. :p Which I wouldn't be surprised if it was the case.

They most certainly were. (Almost) all the BC tier sets had corresponding weapons and off-pieces, even if they were added in t6.

You never got much with the old talent system either though, it was all cookie cutter with 2-3 points left over. Most of your skills just come from levelling now.

The MoP model is what the Cataclysm model was basically aiming for, legitimate choice at no expense to performance. Since it's impossible to balance 30 specs, each of them with enough unique mechanics to essentially be a class to themselves at this point, the trees fell back into the tired cookie cutter routine for the most part, with few, if any interesting choices. All the points you spent were basically mandatory because you had to have all the passive increases and rotational effects, or you couldn't get the neat situational ability at the top of the tree because you'd already blown your points at the bottom. Each of the new talents has some situational use to go with it, and being able to swap on the fly makes it more engaging, in my opinion.

It's nothing like the Classic/BC trees which were more about letting you build your character to play and benefit how you wanted them to, but the game has long since moved away from that and it wouldn't really work in today's encounter or PVP design.

Alchemy

Anyone manage to solo the gunship battle yet? I'm having the hardest time killing adds as a Demolock, my pet basically goes into retard mode when I jump ships to take out the mages. Thinking of dual speccing affliction for this fight :/

Yoshichan

Yoshichan

windsong?

*barfs*
Better than the int crap if you know what you're doing :p

If you know how to use windsong (haste proc) to your benefit as a resto druid, you can kill the charts.

Alchemy

Lawl, final boss of the Vault of Mysteries and the servers explode. Come back 10 minutes later as a ghost with no raid group. Queue up and get a fresh instance because I can't tell how many bosses are up in the instance. Fucking brilliant.

Blizzard has successfully introduced a mechanic that combined with real world circumstances makes me want to play other games. Way to go Blizzard.

Krogan

Grats man.

I wish I had gotten the one hander instead of the staff (shaman) since I have the normal raid shield. I will be very pissed if I end up getting it soon (as I will have to buy another legendary gem 10k and ~6k for Jade Spirit again).

Tarazet

Better than the int crap if you know what you're doing :p

If you know how to use windsong (haste proc) to your benefit as a resto druid, you can kill the charts.

I actually like Windsong better than Dancing Steel as a Druid tank, since I don't give a shit about attack power and realistically, our AOE damage output is ridiculous anyway. Haste and Crit help my rage gen and extra Mastery buffs my armor for damage reduction. Seems like a win-win-win.

Ezio

Finally hit 90 last night. Been rolling Brewmaster since the beginning and doing mostly dungeons it took me just over 3 days /played to hit 90. Now however, the guild wants me to roll Mistweaver =\ Ah well, I'll keep Brew as my secondary so I can do dailies.

strafer

The Gods have spoken.

We believe there was a lot of confusion when we originally announced this change and we're certainly at fault for said confusion. The original patch note was very vague to the point of being misleading. It was never our intent to weaken old raid boss encounters to allow anyone to have a chance to solo them, regardless of class, spec, or skill.

What we did change were encounters that were mechanically impossible for one person to accomplish, solely for the purpose of ensuring players have easier access to the hunt for the new rare companion pets -- the drop rates of which are actually set to account for a group of three players, not one.

Moving forward, though, we do not plan to adjust encounters for tougher raid bosses to be solo’able by all classes and specs.

Yoshichan

66k hps on Gara'jal on my ilvl 460 priest, almost outperforming my 490 resto druid? Ez-mode. I've told people that that once you go pro with resto druid, everything else is ultra derp.

edit: Oh, and fix mushrooms please Blizzard. I'm using them 100% efficiently and they keep being my least used heal in the table. I guess it's too 25-man biased.
Seeing you here, Yoshi, makes it even harder to resist. Too bad you play on the US.
We could be the jolly druid duo :(
&#9829;

Yoshichan

Let's not pretend that Druid healing is tough.
This game isn't hard at all, no matter class or spec - but using them effiecently and being a god at it is trickier for some classes. Resto druid being one of them. Proof of this are the numbers I perform on almost every fight, compared to literally everyone on Mal'Ganis.

McNei1y

So I just got back into wow after a month and a half hiatus. I got MOP when it came out and played for a few days. I reached 88 and was a bar from 89 but then I stopped playing. I got a job at that time and was adjusting to the sleeping schedule and such. After that break, I just hit 90 two days ago and have started doing some lotus dailies. I am an Affliction Warlock. Anyway, a few questions:

1. I want to raid, or at least be a spot starter, with my friend who is currently leading one of our guilds groups. I know I can't join them until I have like 466-470 ilvl. I'm currently at 455. What is the best way to go about matching the desired ilvl? When can I do raid finder? I've been running some heroics but those only give 463 or whatever.

2. What is the best way to get motes of harmony? I'm a tailor and enchanter and I see that a lot of my mats require motes.

3. How long does it take to get to honored/revered with the Lotus?

4. For Affliction Warlocks the rotation is pretty simple it seems, but when I have a soul shard, do I just instantly cast Haunt or is there some preferred situation to save the shard? Also, what are the recommended major glyphs? I'm using Soul Shard, Everlasting Affliction, and Dark Soul: Misery.

Yeah I don't know if there are any "hard" specs left in the game in the traditional sense. "Quality of Life" fixes have taken the challenge out of most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom